Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,831 members, 7,798,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State (4023 Views)

Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic / Abia State Commissions Seaport In Aba As First Ship Berths- Pictures / Edo To Make Gelegele Seaport A Container Terminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by thiagoneves: 9:12am On Nov 23, 2015
Gelegele is a community situated in Ovia North Local Government Are Of Edo State. Historically, it was through Gelegele that the Europeans entered Benin City. The previous administration of GEJ approved the construction of a seaport in Gelegele in 2013 and even PMB approved it as well when he resumed office. But we Edos are not impressed with the way the project is being handled. We are yet to see any meaningful work being carried out by those who are supposed to do so.

The construction of Gelegele seaport will provide employment to thousands of Edo indigenes and even non indigenes. They should ensure that they commence work as soon as possible. The seaport will increase the IGR of Edo state and boost the transportation of the largest deposits Crude Oil and Gold recently discovered in Gelegele community. The dredging of Gelegele ought to have been completed by now.

The Edo nation is using this opportunity to ask for the quick commencement of work on the proposed Gelegele seaport while that of Agenebode is being revived. The Edo nation played a major role in the victory of PMB and PMB should not fail to complete the good job he has been doing by not seeing to it that work commences on the proposed Gelegele seaport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by Boy101(m): 9:25am On Nov 23, 2015
Rome was not built in a day. A little patience doesn't hurt.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by Vicotex2: 9:25am On Nov 23, 2015
END TIME port
Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by ritababe(f): 9:29am On Nov 23, 2015
Which company dey handle am
Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by YourNemesis: 9:31am On Nov 23, 2015
I support the venture.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by thiagoneves: 9:44am On Nov 23, 2015
ritababe:
Which company dey handle am
my sister. I don't even know the company handling it. But whoever they are they should commence work immediately.
Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by thiagoneves: 9:44am On Nov 23, 2015
Boy101:
Rome was not built in a day. A little patience doesn't hurt.
I know but for how long.
Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by AceRoyal: 9:44am On Nov 23, 2015
I don't see this succeeding if it's even possible.
It will give more support for Biafra.As Lagos ports will be totally bypassed by the SE and SS.Politics will not let it succeed.
I'm not against Biafra,I'm just against anything that will destabilize the unity of this Country,because this country cannot divide without war and if u knw very well about wars,u won't pray or agitate for it.
Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by samfibby(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2015
AceRoyal:
I don't see this succeeding if it's even possible.
It will give more support for Biafra.As Lagos ports will be totally bypassed by the SE and SS.Politics will not let it succeed.
I'm not against Biafra,I'm just against anything that will destabilize the unity of this Country,because this country cannot divide without war and if u knw very well about wars,u won't pray or agitate for it.
It is reasonings like this that has continue to held this country in economic slavery. Paying little or no service to other ports in the country amounts to deprivation of the entire people of nigeria. Restructuring of the country is the only way out of this secession debacle.

What unity is there in depriving other regions of economic gains of having an asset like this. I shake my head for nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by AceRoyal: 11:42am On Nov 23, 2015
samfibby:
It is reasonings like this that has continue to held this country in economic slavery. Paying little or no service to other ports in the country amounts to deprivation of the entire people of nigeria. Restructuring of the country is the only way out of this secession debacle.

What unity is there in depriving other regions of economic gains of having an asset like this. I shake my head for nigeria.
I'm nonpartisan.I try to be very fair, logical,objective, realistic and rational in my views and opinions.
Did u take ur time to read and digest my post before quoting me?Did I say government should not go ahead to construct it or develop existing ports in the country?
All I said was politics might not allow this to succeed.it will be like adding fuel to a little spark about bursting to flames.
See the big picture please.

Note-I'm proudly from Edo State.
Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by samfibby(m): 11:54am On Nov 23, 2015
AceRoyal:

I'm nonpartisan.I try to be very fair, logical,objective, realistic and rational in my views and opinions.
Did u take ur time to read and digest my post before quoting me?Did I say government should not go ahead to construct it or develop existing ports in the country?
All I said was politics might not allow this to succeed.it will be like adding fuel to a little spark about bursting to flames.
See the big picture please.

Note-I'm proudly from Edo State.
I get u. A little optimism would definitely actualize a dream like this. The entire country gains from such ventures. Its time Nigerian politicians and elders stop having myopic view towards nation building. This generation of Nigerians must not inherit the hatred and deceit of the last generation.
Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by AceRoyal: 12:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
samfibby:
I get u. A little optimism would definitely actualize a dream like this. The entire country gains from such ventures. Its time Nigerian politicians and elders stop having myopic view towards nation building. This generation of Nigerians must not inherit the hatred and deceit of the last generation.
It's not abt hate or pessimism,it's about been careful not to be an exponent of social chaos even though our intentions are noble.
Sometimes,Something might be right,doesn't mean it's good and something might be good,doesn't mean it's right!
Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by eoronsaye: 10:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hi
Hope you are well, can you provide me details of the Enogie in Gelegele or the Odionwere. I am interested in purchasing land in the region

Regards
Ese
Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by basilo102: 12:55am On Nov 09, 2016
Edo does not have access to the sea. Edo and Abia are almost equal distance to the sea

1 Like

Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by bokohalal(m): 1:08am On Nov 09, 2016
It is a RIVER PORT.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State by Caseless: 3:43am On Nov 09, 2016
And gej abandoned the 'dredgin' of the confluence river in lokoja , a project kickstarted by the yaradua administration.

(1) (Reply)

Budget Padding Scandal: Buhari Sacks Director General, Budget Office / Heavy Tension In Onitsha As Soldiers Block River Niger Bridge / What God Told Me About Nigeria’s Breakup – Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.