Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? (19667 Views)

Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? / Are You Married And Facing Challenges? Would You Like To Share To Help Others? / Do You Really Love The Person You Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by peeparty(m): 10:45am On Nov 23, 2015
xpac01:

And if she doesn't you don't still need to term her as lacking in common sense.
@ Op remember she was single before she got married, so any choice she makes, as long as is perjuricial to the marriage is ok.

No big deal.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by peeparty(m): 10:47am On Nov 23, 2015
midehi2:

man already know that what belongs to his wife is his likewise woman, they are already one, so insisting her to change to his name is fishy

Wtf he actually wants her to proof a point?
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 23, 2015
midehi2:

selfish interest...NO

Choi.. So U mean U can't change d name on ur land lord's receipt to mine? And I love that ur apartment o.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by midehi2(f): 10:54am On Nov 23, 2015
peeparty:

Cool.if you bought the property with your own money @after marriage nku will you include his name?
for me i dont think i want to live that kind of life with my man, if am buying a house,we are buying a house, its left for him whether to make it my name or not, what belongs to him,belongs to me, he either make me the beneficiary or the kids as next of kin....meaning we plan together

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by midehi2(f): 11:01am On Nov 23, 2015
figo05:

Choi.. So U mean U can't change d name on ur land lord's receipt to mine? And I love that ur apartment o.
hahahahahahaha....oya come na
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 23, 2015
midehi2:

hahahahahahaha....oya come na

I dnt need to come nau since U already one my name. Meanwhile, what's ur real name? Midehi is definitely not ur name.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by midehi2(f): 11:24am On Nov 23, 2015
figo05:

I dnt need to come nau since U already one my name. Meanwhile, what's ur real name? Midehi is definitely not ur name.
clown cheesy cheesy
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 23, 2015
midehi2:

clown cheesy cheesy

What's ur name nah?
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by peeparty(m): 11:30am On Nov 23, 2015
figo05:

What's ur name nah?
Do the pm thingy thanks
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by amokeme(f): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2015
Why did she even tell the man of the land in the 1st place?? And what kind of a man is that anyway? undecided
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by peeparty(m): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2015
amokeme:
Why did she even tell the man of the land in the 1st place?? And what kind of a man is that anyway? undecided

Amokeme has come again. You know go tell your husband say you get property

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by midehi2(f): 11:48am On Nov 23, 2015
figo05:

What's ur name nah?
Joseph cheesy cheesy
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by midehi2(f): 11:48am On Nov 23, 2015
figo05:

What's ur name nah?
Joseph cheesy cheesy
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by MrsChima(f): 11:53am On Nov 23, 2015
naijaboiy:

My answer is as clear as your question. I won't coerce my wife into changing the name on her property to mine.

If she does it willingly then no problem.

Apart from the fact that we are married,she as a human also has rights to own properties in her name.

Marriage is not an excuse to lock down a woman and deprive her of certain human rights.

That's my view on this. Thanks.

Awwww damn! I am in love! kiss

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by MrsChima(f): 11:54am On Nov 23, 2015
No, I will not.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by MRBrownJ: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2015
what kind of nonsense is this?! change the name for what?!?!? is he gonna put her name on all HIS possession?!

whatever they buy, from the day of marriage and forth, should have both their name, UNLESS there is a clear difference of opinion in the union as to how they should spend their money (aka if she spends all her money on shoes and bs, while he spends all HIS on building a house).

amokeme:

as much as what the husband demands is wrong, hiding such fact from her husband is WORST!

3 Likes

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by peeparty(m): 11:57am On Nov 23, 2015
MrsChima:
No, I will not.
Mrs Be decieving me.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by peeparty(m): 11:59am On Nov 23, 2015
cc lalasticlala
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by MrsChima(f): 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
peeparty:

Mrs Be decieving me.

I don't need to deceive you. I have properties in my maiden name YEARS before I met my husband and he has properties in his name YEARS before he met me. We are not petty about dumb sh1t.

4 Likes

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Sijo01(f): 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
No, I won't!

1 Like

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Gabrielwilliams(m): 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
but we are married na? for better for worse
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by amokeme(f): 12:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
MRBrownJ:
what kind of nonsense is this?! change the name for what?!?!? is he gonna put her name on all HIS possession?!

whatever they buy, from the day of marriage and forth, should have both their name, UNLESS there is a clear difference of opinion in the union as to how they should spend their money (aka if she spends all her money on shoes and bs, while he spends all HIS on building a house.

as much as what the husband demands is wrong, hiding such fact from her husband is WORST!
well, she bought it before they got married, so I believe it can still pass as a harmless secret, I mean it's not like she bought it when they were married (when married no more secrets)
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by mrkings84(m): 12:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
All depends
Check my signature for extra cash flow, this for real
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by ritababe(f): 12:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
naijaboiy:

But the house is not my own.

So?

its urs after the legal agreement
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by dammytosh: 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
Who cares about her properties ?

I saw linda shouting "NO" "NO" grin grin grin

i laffed in swahili.
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by exlink10(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2015
no oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

is wrong, absolutely wrong
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
MrsChima:

I don't need to deceive you. I have properties in my maiden name YEARS before I met my husband and he has properties in his name YEARS before he met me. We are not petty about dumb sh1t.

Thanks for the reply ma, sometimes i always think nothing can shock me till i come on NL, how would i want to have a property i didn't buy written in my name, it's her property, my dear u need not prove anything to anyone.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by amokeme(f): 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
peeparty:

Amokeme has come again. You know go tell your husband say you get property
watin concern am with what I have before we got married? The thing she should do is change her next of kin to his name (at least before the kids are grown up and can handle stuffs)
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by preciousMI1(f): 12:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
no no no no.... tomorrow if he becomes a monster and bite off my left ear or left breast or left Nyash or divorce me nko?
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by sunkieisland(m): 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
peeparty:

why won't you ask her to?

Really she's your wife oo remember.

If she's really my wife, i won't need to ask her to do that. She'll know what's d right thing to do......
Re: Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? by maxc82(m): 12:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
Ladies and there fish wise brain lol she can change the property name to his husband cos she got them while she was single noted the man should remove the properity he owned before he married her so both will start afresh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Male Babies Suck Breast More Than Female Babies, WHY? / Man Calls Out An Eko FM Staff Who Wants To Make His Sister A Second Wife / Any Disadvantage in Marrying From Another Tribe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.