Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Xray Of The Chest - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Xray Of The Chest (2701 Views)

het / Is It Ok To Do Xray Twice Within Few Month / Do Some People Really Have Their Heart At The Right Side Of The Chest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xray Of The Chest by estilo(f): 2:56pm On May 23, 2009
Pls all the doctor in the house if you did an xray of the chest will the result reveal that of the chest and the breast?

urgent reply pls
Re: Xray Of The Chest by tpiah: 4:33pm On May 23, 2009

the result should show the bone structure of your chest and a faint outline of the breast tissue, I think.

What's the problem?
Re: Xray Of The Chest by Sissy3(f): 7:06pm On May 23, 2009
you shouldnt be worrying about revealing your breast but you should be hoping that the xray reveals the cause of your problem.
Re: Xray Of The Chest by estilo(f): 11:59am On May 25, 2009
Thanks very much for your concern sissy and tpiah.

The problem is that I felt some pains at the upper side of the both of my breast and I went to the hospital to complain about it which I was given some drugs to take.

But two months later, the pains persist again I went back to the hospital to complain about it but I was told to undergo xray of the chest, methinks since it is the breast that pains me it should have been xray of the breast and not the chest, but since I can't know more than he does coz it's the field of his study and besides he is our family doctor so I did the xray.

I went there the following week for the result, he told me there is nothing wrong with my chest that whenever I feel any pain again I should take paracetamol.

I did as I was instructed and it works but since last week am going through a severe pain of which PCM didn't workout for it and mum insist I should see the doctor

Should I go for xray of the breast in another lab or I should go back to him since he was the one that treated me before?
And besides what's the cause?

Urgent reply pls

Thanks
Re: Xray Of The Chest by segzicres(m): 3:00pm On May 25, 2009
i got an x-ray machine in my house, it will help you cure your problems.
Re: Xray Of The Chest by Sissy3(f): 10:47pm On May 25, 2009
if you having a pain in the breast then request that you have clinical breast exam. if the doctor detects a lump then he may request a Mammography for you . if the hospital is equipped with one. if not go to another hospital. or the doctor could recommend an Ultrasound or breast biopsy. not a chest xray.
Re: Xray Of The Chest by tpiah: 1:50am On May 26, 2009
the doctor probably asked for the chest X ray because you complained of simultaneous pain at both sides of your breasts. That would seem to indicate the problem is originating from the chest area instead of the breasts themselves. Just my guess however. It could be something else.

Do you have overly large breasts?

You might want to ask for a referral/second opinion or see if the doctor can examine you again.

A mammography is probably needed though its a bit expensive, I think.
Re: Xray Of The Chest by Sissy3(f): 1:54am On May 26, 2009
since the doctor did the first chest and second xray and found nothing, he would have conducted a complete breast exam for her, since she initially indicated the pains originated from the breast.
Re: Xray Of The Chest by Sissy3(f): 1:59am On May 26, 2009
A mammography is probably needed though its a bit expensive

not only the price sef, it is also about finding a qualified radiographer for it.
Re: Xray Of The Chest by tpiah: 2:05am On May 26, 2009
~Sissy~:

since the doctor did the first chest and second xray and found nothing, he would have conducted a complete breast exam for her, since she initially indicated the pains originated from the breast.

you're quite right.

I just found this

http://aneas.net/womenhealth/fibrocystic_breast_disease.asp

What are the signs and symptoms of the condition?

The classic symptom of fibrocystic changes is pain in both breasts. The pain is usually worse right before menstruation. The woman may have other symptoms, including:

breast tenderness
cysts, which are fluid-filled sacs within the breast tissue
generalized lumpiness of the breasts
nipple discharge
pain in the shoulders and upper arms

though I hope that's not the problem.

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Takes To Maintain A Flat Tummy / Green World Compound Marrow Powder / The Doctors Oath . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.