Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account (65913 Views)

Young Man Declared Missing After Traveling To Plateau Before The Massacre. Photo / Nigerian Man Declared Britain's Most Dangerous Prisoner / Fraudster Arrested For Withdrawing N1m From Victim’s Account (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Provie(m): 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
benELOHIM7:
What if the man had had a heart attack and died on seeing the money, would the bank be held responsible?
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by pedrilo: 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
benELOHIM7:
What if the man had had a heart attack and died on seeing the money, would the bank be held responsible?
exactly, i know d man sef, he is in uk hospital close to former minister of petroleum rcivn treatment from hypertension as a result of dat alert, CBN and EFCC shud be charged for man slaughter

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2015
so a whole efcc can make such mistake involving a huge sum of money 45milliin naira no be small money..The person who made the mistake should be apprehended first...then about the wanted man and the money sorry na efcc name cus i don't think they will be able to trace him again. ...If they are really serious they should attach a huge prize (money) if anybody leaks useful information of his whereabouts
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Taiwo20(m): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
Why would CBN make that kind of mistake without detecting it on time....before the man withdrew to the last kobo...its either CBN is negligent or they are up to some prank....

Make them try am with me whether I no go collect overdraft come port go one Caribbean Island...

Yeye dey smell..

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Bondesniger(m): 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
Hmmmmm I see
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by wacomcy21(m): 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
Na this kind opportunity I they find so... If na me.. Well.... I can't say much cos they won't ever see me
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by teabully(m): 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
GovWahala:
So funny, when did it become a crime to spend money in his own account grin
best and reasonable quote/reply so far.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Skmoda360(m): 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
jascon1:
Make una leave the man joor. Wetin him do?
na soo, that's sm fucking chicken change to sm polithiefian...
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by pedrilo: 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
just imagine say dat man na begger wey nor get work, nor fit pay rent, no wife and hopeless. hmmm efcc nor get conscience?
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by phreakabit(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
I don get alert Na . . . Win ♫♪
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by arabianights: 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
Story for the gods.The staff as well as branch manager that approved the withdrawal should be made to pay.
Am quite sure the account has never had such an inflow then why didnt the branch right to confirm the inflow?

There was negligence on the part of the staff invlolved in this transaction and staff should be disciplined for this thats if they didnt partake in the fraudulent withdrawal.

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by AleAirHub(m): 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mistakenly smiley smiley papa God make mine sincerely by CBN.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by jaydansquare9040(m): 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
stchinedu:

That's too harsh Bro!
I could sense a tone of sarcasm in his comment. Wishing him hell is just way too far.
However, looking at the story or news, as the case may be, is it possible to withdraw #45million at once without drawing attention to self?
How many times can one successfully withdraw such a huge amount before it can be noticed?
How long did it take CBN to discover that the money was 'mistakenly' paid into his account and he has withdrawn it?
There are so many questions to ask...not to talk of BVN security that is now in vogue.
Truth is, something is fishy. undecided
On a lighter mood, the fellow in the pix looks like one of the late Nollyhood actors. Just saying lipsrsealed
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by arabianights: 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
Taiwo20:
Why would CBN make that kind of mistake without detecting it on time....before the man withdrew to the last kobo...its either CBN is negligent or they are up to some prank....

Make them try am with me whether I no go collect overdraft come port go one Caribbean Island...

Yeye dey smell..

see.......system recognises digits only . once an account number is recognised as correct money goes in .No error is detected till beneficiary complains.

This happens all the time thats why the bank is expected to go the extra mile to investigate an account with an unusual inflow in which they didnt do this time around for what ever reason
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by bejeria101(m): 6:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
How do u withdraw 45 million with cbn drama,where him carry am pass? Naija hian!

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Taiwo20(m): 6:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
arabianights:

see.......system recognises digits only . once an account number is recognised as correct money goes in .No error is detected till beneficiary complains.

This happens all the time thats why the bank is expected to go the extra mile to investigate an account with an unusual inflow in which they didnt do this time around for what ever reason

They should have noticed the frequency of withdrawals tho...
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Burger01(m): 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
rusher14:

And it doesn't appear to be corruption.

This one would confuse Jonathan.

grin grin
Manna from heaven grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Burger01(m): 6:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
wordcat:
Whatever that is in the land belongs to the owner of the land therefore, this isn't stealing at all. The money was mistakenly credited to his account and he mistakenly withdrew the money thinking that it was his own.

Chai! Nigerians! Una head complete when it comes to money.D
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by ghostwritter(m): 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
simplyOJ:
Come on guys! I would not want to believe things have gotten
this bad. Majority of the post thus far, seems to be hailing the
action of the man.

The man would have saved himself all the stress. He will definitely
be apprehended when he least expected and then he will have to pay
back even much more than what he stole.

My bible tells me "stolen bread is sweet, but it shall soon turn to gravel in the mouth"

it's so obviously from ur comment that u are financially comfortable.
people dey suffer under pressure for inside dis corrupt country.
GOD PLEASE BLESS ME SOONER IN ANY COOL MANNER POSSIBLE.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by mradjoy(m): 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
Chai, some people dey vex seriously for Nigeria!
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
I can bet my life on the fact that the money was of a fraudulent source and the bankers know something about it cause they do it every time. One even approached me and asked if she could transfer a huge sum to my corporate account which ill then withdraw and keep 20% of said sum for myself. I immediately smelt a rat and gave her a piece of my mouth after warning her never to ever use my account for anything funny that if it ever happens ill report to head office. Accounts they normally use are accounts that are not active. We indeed have END TIME bankers!!! so always be vigilant on the lookout for any funny activity on your account.

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
rusher14:

grin grin
Naijas I hail una gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
rusher14:

grin grin
Naijas I hail una gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
rusher14:

grin grin
It will be known as STEALUPTION

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
Lolz
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
wordcat:
Whatever that is in the land belongs to the owner of the land therefore, this isn't stealing at all. The money was mistakenly credited to his account and he mistakenly withdrew the money thinking that it was his own.

lolz. Boys aren't smiling o.
This is what happens when the hardship is beyond mathematics. Ironically, I was discussing this with my uncle yesterday. We were really boiling yesterday about the state of things, & this came to find & we both said two things
1: we use the Monet to invest before refunding it to the owner
2: we return it immediately & ask for a 50% cut
gringrin
The lord will have mercy upon us & deliver us all cos it's not only bad but also a sin which is the focal point.
I pray for the GRACE of God upon us all not to do such if a thing like that occurs. You never know, you just might end up richer than that amount for being honest & above all a good name is way better & always better than gold/riches
It is well
Peaceful Wealth
We will all make it by His Grace in Jesus Name-Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by wordcat(m): 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
ADENIKETINA2015:

lolz. Boys aren't smiling o.
This is what happens when the hardship is beyond mathematics. Ironically, I was discussing this with my uncle yesterday. We were really boiling yesterday about the state of things, & this came to find & we both said two things
1: we use the Monet to invest before refunding it to the owner
2: we return it immediately & ask for a 50% cut
gringrin

The best they can do is to negotiate with the man on how to refund the money
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by otiigba1(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
Not big deal its only £120,000, man should take the money and run to mexico they will welcome him with open arms grin
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
wordcat:

The best they can do is to negotiate with the man on how to refund the money
Exactly cos
Legally he could win the case cos it's his account.
They gave him a false hope with the said amount
But biblically it's a sin cos it isn't for him so, I'd advice he refunds it whether he gets rewarded or not. His reward is heaven & he certainly will make it in life.
You guyz really cracked me up with your hilarious commentsgringrin
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by arabianights: 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
Taiwo20:

They should have noticed the frequency of withdrawals tho...

My dear the inflow is most important aspect you take into consideration when approving a customer's withdrawal that is after signature card of course.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
simplyOJ:
Come on guys! I would not want to believe things have gotten
this bad. Majority of the post thus far, seems to be hailing the
action of the man.

The man would have saved himself all the stress. He will definitely
be apprehended when he least expected and then he will have to pay
back even much more than what he stole.

My bible tells me "stolen bread is sweet, but it shall soon turn to gravel in the mouth"

What do you mean? How e take still am? fraud, gunpoint, obtaining by trick otherwise known as OBT or dupe?
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Alpacino85(m): 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
This is what we call national cake,the man no use gun thief the money oo.polithiefians have been doing worse than that since time immemorial

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Busari Peace Rescued From Lebanese Seller / Cultists Kill, Behead & Use Man's Head To Play Football In Anambra State / Armed Robber Who Was Playing Keyboard In Church In Delta Apprehended (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.