Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

After 2 Years Of Unemployment. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After 2 Years Of Unemployment. (34016 Views)

Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / Why Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria / Three Years Of Unemployment Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by sexaddict08(m): 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
slimzypink:

good... sorry for ignoring ur messages before... i was only joking... resend, u re very handsome one of the most humble nairalanders ve seen!

fine bobo

what's ur problem?
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by sasquareT(m): 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
Royal155:
You were not kind enough to tell us what you've been for the past two years, or u no dey chop?

Seriously I feel that the epistle the op is trying to avoid is d main thing that will encourage and boost our morale..
Abeg tell us weytin u read, weyting you graduate with and how has life been treating u without job?....we dey wait

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by enygmababe: 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2015
Handsomebeing:

@1st. I hope it's not the same company I know that outsourced their employment a friends company and in the terms they stated that staffs have no right to resign. Lebanese guys. I will advise you take the second one if its the same company I am thinking o.

shocked shocked shocked,
Seriously An employer will state in their contract of employment that the employee has no right to resign?

Biko, that na craze naa! It can't be legal or enforceable. Rubbish!
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by schumastic(m): 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
Nairasurplus:
That is good. I those days in Intercontinental bank, I started with N1.8M. My monthly take home was N93k after all deductions- Tax, Pension, NHS, ....etc. As bachelor, I was saving N80k every month. Though we were being paid N5k monthly lunch allowance.
My advice,
Save, save, save and save.
Before you get dependants.

Regards

as a bachelor yet u pose as a female handler na wa o...nairaland hope ur watching

8 Likes

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by MrCork: 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
jagaban17:
Exactly 2 years after NYSC ( Don't want to write stories to bore anyone ,but I'm sure if you've been unemployed ,you know the travails) .

Last week I started a job with 1.5M annual salary, I collected another offer of 1.3M annual salary also today. Now I have to choose and consider my options based on career prospects,location and other factors ,in fact I'm confused.

By Gods grace, this is just a little of my dreams and where i see myself....also to encourage someone out there, don't give up and don't let anybody pity you. Keep striving. We will all reach our peak.Amen. Its just the beginning.

angry
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Jayten(m): 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
ENDTIME JOB smh.... Just 1.5m wey we dey use pop Rose for Escape with niggaz... Smh ENDTIME job...
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
Welcome.

Do not waste time in deciding on a business venture, a trade or a vocation that can earn you extra income from.

This is Nigeria. By the time you know it, you have spent 10 years with nothing to show for it besides a car and a revolving car loan. grin cheesy

Be wise. wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by epaulo: 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
I claim mine.... Amen
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
2 years after NYSC.. you deserve an applause. God has looked in your direction early.

@OP.. is this inclusive of allowances or is it just base salary? has tax been calculated from this? like @Nairasurplus put it.. SAVE SAVE SAVE

More importantly, keep your marriage plans on hold for now.
1: Take every opportunity to attend any conference, seminar or training
2: Improve yourself by getting free Online Course Training Alison, Coursera eDx etc
3: Learn on the job even if you do overtime-without-pay. it will pay eventually
4: Do not waste time booking every Friday for outings or Weekends for Weddings. Stay Low-Profile.. manage whatever resources you have now instead of becoming adventurous and raising your needs to meet your new income.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by zheynarb(f): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
smileyBarakah lahu fi on ur new appointment
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Pidggin(f): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
kosplateau:

No PMing ooo

tongue
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Bobbyjay001(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
Congrats bro. Take one and send me the other.
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by ochuciano(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
tellwisdom:
So you go work from Monday to Friday for 1year and na 1.5 million Naira dem wan give you? Poor boi sad

Trust me the money may appear small, but it still pay the bills. Its far better than being unemployed. The journey to greatness sometimes start with small things. Shalom

4 Likes

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
jagaban17:
Exactly 2 years after NYSC ( Don't want to write stories to bore anyone ,but I'm sure if you've been unemployed ,you know the travails) .

Last week I started a job with 1.5M annual salary, I collected another offer of 1.3M annual salary also today. Now I have to choose and consider my options based on career prospects,location and other factors ,in fact I'm confused.

By Gods grace, this is just a little of my dreams and where i see myself....also to encourage someone out there, don't give up and don't let anybody pity you. Keep striving. We will all reach our peak.Amen. Its just the beginning.
so we should thank God for you undecided

We don't even know the job and what kind of a job (may be arm rubber or 419) and you want us to thank God!
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by monacobull: 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
lol...."mouth watering job" is quite a relative description. Makes me reconsider my not being satisfied earning N3.6M annually...but sha nothing good comes from remaining in your comfort zone.
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by MrCork: 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
jagaban17:

....ok so u want us to giv u 1.5 million & 1.3million becuz u want to buy BSYC car to encorsge people to pity on career?....bro ther..an u find a jobs in sted of beggin for moiney? (No ofeense) angry

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by OtunbaChibok(m): 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
Congrats OP.

Regardless of the pay,I suggest you take the power option. I am a telecome engineer with 7years experience and I can authoritatively tell you that site maintanace engineer won't add any serious value to your resume @ d long run.

U will definately get bored and might not learn any new thing after having a basic knowledge on site maintanance . Bulk of d job might be done by ur "SBC or sub contractor" as d case may be.

But there are millions of things to learn on Power! I am nt a power guy but I have friends in that dept withing the telecom industry and I can tell you I feel jealous on how wide they can explore on power stuffs.

Besides,there are plenty of solutuons on power still not yet explored!

All the same,congratulations and may God see you tru.

2 Likes

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by dadoctore(m): 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
slimzypink:

good... sorry for ignoring ur messages before... i was only joking... resend, u re very handsome one of the most humble nairalanders ve seen!

fine bobo
I luv ur wittiness,lol
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by noblegrex: 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
jagaban17:

what's the nature of the job. Congrat allthesame
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by soxpti: 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
It will be great if you tell us how you did it. This way, others can repeat your strategies and be successful. I'm sure these offers did not come by luck.

See an example of how you can write this in this post online:
[url]insidify.com/discovery/the-fashola-guide-to-achieving-massive-career-success-from-cos-to-governor-and-now-prime-minister[/url]

I encourage others to read that post. It was inspired by Minister Fashola's success story.

See what some people had to say about the post:

"This is an inspiring and wonderful write up that should build courage and faith in anyone who desires greatness and self fulfillment in life. The personality used here I believe is to encourage all readers and fans of this site to work hard and believe in achieving results not just for "your boss" but for everyone to see and testify. Ones more i must sincerely appreciate you for the "certificate" background of your team members because so many Nigerians have "lost" there dreams and career satisfaction because they got themselves "misplacely" stock in a school certificate related job/work without self actualization and productivity. Keep up your good work sir."

Another comment was:

This is a highly instructive post . I concur with all said. I am into career guidance as hobby and consider this post as best ever I have read locally. Surprisingly, very few of those who need it may have bothered to go through due to chance or curiosity. I pray Nigerian youth will use their time productively. Please keep it up. Cheers.

I hope you guys will read it sha.

Also at OP, I hope you will tell us your strategy too.

Here is the link to the post I was referring to:
[url]insidify.com/discovery/the-fashola-guide-to-achieving-massive-career-success-from-cos-to-governor-and-now-prime-minister[/url]

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Ifynoble100(m): 5:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
jagaban17:

Amen. I am next to share a testimony. Congrat!
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
tellwisdom:
So you go work from Monday to Friday for 1year and na 1.5 million Naira dem wan give you? Poor boi sad
... cheesy Mr. T., abeg, I need a job from you, na beg I dey beg sad undecided
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Laivia(f): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
congratulationzzzzz.... i claim mine by faith
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Sokoflow(m): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
Congrats, i tap frm ur testimony. Mine is on d way.
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Laivia(f): 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
congratulationzzzzz..... i claim mine by faith
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by tellwisdom: 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
chimkaire:
... cheesy Mr. T., abeg, I need a job from you, na beg I dey beg sad undecided

Blllowjobb??

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Burger01(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
jagaban17:

1st Power Engineering - as Technical Engineer

2nd Telecoms Infrastructure - as Site Maintenance Engineer
I will suggest you opt for the second option. You gonna enjoy that job but you gat to up your skills via certifications. Good luck guy smiley

1 Like

Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
1.5 per year and you call it mouth watering? Congrats anyway, the sky is your starting point.
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by fpeter(f): 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
tellwisdom:

Silly you!
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by jagaban17: 5:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
[quote author=papawemba post=40327297]Mouth-watering? Dude that is about 125 thousand/month before taxation and other deductions.

I am not sure your net income per month will be up to 80k assuming they pay you housing upfront.[/quooppte]

Who said Mouth Watering ? 80k ? LOL you already know my NET without me collecting my 1st salary LMAO. . , I don't even post often but I read peoples stories here.. Just happy to encourage someone. I'm sorry Sir/Ma .
Re: After 2 Years Of Unemployment. by jagaban17: 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2015
OtunbaChibok:
Congrats OP.

Regardless of the pay,I suggest you take the power option. I am a telecome engineer with 7years experience and I can authoritatively tell you that site maintanace engineer won't add any serious value to your resume @ d long run.

U will definately get bored and might not learn any new thing after having a basic knowledge on site maintanance . Bulk of d job might be done by ur "SBC or sub contractor" as d case may be.

But there are millions of things to learn on Power! I am nt a power guy but I have friends in that dept withing the telecom industry and I can tell you I feel jealous on how wide they can explore on power stuffs.

Besides,there are plenty of solutuons on power still not yet explored!

All the same,congratulations and may God see you tru.

God Bless you. Will think about it. I have 1 week to do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apply For European Commission Paid Traineeship 2018 For Graduates Worldwide / Nigerian Navy 2017 Graduate Recruitment Begins / Good News! Immigration Set To Recruit 5,000 Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.