Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers (29300 Views)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Eaganguolly(m): 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2015
The true story is that they were illegally employed by the former VC prof. Onyeji. Virtually all those sacked were those employed by the VC just two weeks to d end of his tenure and almost all of them came from Nsukka zone where the former VC came from. It is a state establishment and employment has to be balanced among the three zones or local govts of the state. The former VC did nt validate the employment. He ought to have pay them to prove that they don't over stretch the univarsity financially. An approach to Gov to supplement the allocation to d university by 22M fall on deaf ears hence d decision to drop those employed by d former VC and maintain their initial capacity. Pity those affected anyway. Tribalism everywhere

1 Like

Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by chidi01(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
sacking everywhere. from federal to state, to the private sector the story is the same. i pray that we start to hear about mass employment too.
but no matter how bad it gets, lets keep believing and praying for a better tomorrow.

Mean while there's an opening for an investment that guarantees maximum returns
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by menix(m): 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
tunwumi:
I expect you to be more intelligent when posting on public forum. The fact that ESUT( as you claimed) is a secondary elementary school does not give right to anybody to infringe on the standard contract of employment that I know.

I am dead..
Like seriously
As an intelligent man u claim, have u seen an employment letter that says ur contract can't be terminated.

Bank dismisses hundreds of workers virtually every year, u did not shout now u ve woken..

So if a lecturer appraisal is low he should be allowed to continue to avoid infringement, baba u ve not worked before so I understand..
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Ebuka195(m): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
politics everywhere...
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by unclechem(m): 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
ritababe:
THE authorities of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), Enugu has sacked 153 lecturers from its employ.
Although no official reason was given for the exercise, but it was gathered that the sack, which also affected a Professor and a Reader cut across various departments in the university.

A statement announcing the sack dated November 23 and signed by the Registrar, Leonard Khama, and made available to Tribune Online, said: “I am directed to inform you and you are hereby informed that the university is presently not
positioned to employ you.

“You should, therefore, hand over university property in your possession to the Head of Department. If, however, your services are required in the future by the university, you will be informed accordingly.”

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/enugu-state-university-sacks-153-lecturers

the story is incomplete, they used and jumped us
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by tranxo(m): 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
ritababe:
THE authorities of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), Enugu has sacked 153 lecturers from its employ.
Although no official reason was given for the exercise, but it was gathered that the sack, which also affected a Professor and a Reader cut across various departments in the university.

A statement announcing the sack dated November 23 and signed by the Registrar, Leonard Khama, and made available to Tribune Online, said: “I am directed to inform you and you are hereby informed that the university is presently not

“You should, therefore, hand over university property in your possession to the Head of Department. If, however, your services are required in the future by the university, you will be informed accordingly.”

153!!!!!?? Must be ghost lecturers.
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Godsonkemz(m): 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
Change sweeping across all the nooks and crannies. My Alma mater on the news again.
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by ezigr8(m): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2015
I bet na dose enlighten lecturers way no grin append to biàfra
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
why? why? why?
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
ritababe:

Hian, which kind lie be dis one

How many lecturers cum dey esut
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by ginggerxy: 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
HirstMOG:
Where are we going in this country?
to hell ofcos
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by viktor01(m): 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
End time retrenchment...........always in hundreds
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Temptee101(m): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2015
The fact is that, ESUT as an institution is highly understaffed, the current V.C had to disengage us all in the bid to employ his people after we were used for NUC accreditation in June 2015, my department got a partial accreditation because of inadequate staff.

On 14th October, we underwent regularization of appointment interview which we ended up writing exam, computer test and oral interview for the first time since the history of the institution.

On 11th November, we received sack letters that was backdated 23rd October instead of our confirmation of appointment letters.

We have worked for 7 months without payment.

We call on our Dear Governor, His Excellency Rt. Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Gburugburu to come to our aid, to stop this injustice.
He is loved by all that was why we voted for him massively in the last election. We believe and trust that he would intervene. You are like a father to us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Temptee101(m): 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
chuna1985:

Hian, which kind lie be dis one

How many lecturers cum dey esut
Of course its true. I was affected, we were used for accreditation and dumped afterwards.
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by unclechem(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
ritababe:

The true story is that the school was preparing for accreditation, and they are highly understaffed, they took us, back dated our appointment letters, used us for accreditation, they got full and partial accreditation in some department, the gave us courses, we taught courses and supervised students in project, produced results and we were never paid , we passed through a hell all in the name of verification, stayed in ESUt from 8am to 1am waiting for interview that lasted for 3 days, no food, no means of communication and going back home, some of us were robed, and many terrible tinz that happened within that time. After working for 7months without pay, they sacked us. We all have left our jobs, some of us relocated, borrowed money from people to pay our children's fees, and many more, they just sacked us without pay or any reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Ikology(m): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
MUMU MMADU BUGARI OOOOO!!!!!
CHANJIII
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
Temptee101:
Of course its true. I was affected, we were used for accreditation and dumped afterwards.

Many people were employed n later Gburugburu sacked dem, he said he wasn't aware of the exercise n that the state government cant pay. It was not only lecturers thag was sacked.
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by shejane: 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
Long overdue

I wish "believe you me" is among them
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by emmydee(m): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
yatch360:
How many lecturers do they have in the first place to sack that number
In fact, this was exactly the question I came here to ask. I dnt even believeit.
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by ogohediri: 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
broxymall:
they should continue sacking jare

how does it put food on my table

At a Give away price, Get your Festina gold Watch, Timberland Boot, Nike,Emporio Armani, Casio Edifice,Diesel watch, Smart watches Et all,visit link at signature below
hw can dey now buy ur watches if everyone is sacked
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by automophosis(m): 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
Na wah oooooo but come to think of it; the wickedness of staff in that university has just reached Heaven.
In as much as am not in support of the sack, I still think most of them deserve it.
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by uchaymart(m): 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
yatch360:
How many lecturers do they have in the first place to sack that number

Don't be first to comment if you don't know anything about the news. It my school, ESUT and those were only assisting lecturers employed just 5months ago and I mean all of them
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by broxymall(m): 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
ogohediri:
hw can dey now buy ur watches if everyone is sacked
Nice question abled bodied men like us should be the ones working
not those old men that have stayed for long
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by tunwumi: 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
You mean the only contract of employment u knew is the slavery one. Ok. A standard contract must have reference of termination which complies with ILO standard. And u can just terminate a contract just for feeling sake. U must give a genuine reason. For your information I have been working for more than a decade.

menix:

I am dead..
Like seriously
As an intelligent man u claim, have u seen an employment letter that says ur contract can't be terminated.

Bank dismisses hundreds of workers virtually every year, u did not shout now u ve woken..

So if a lecturer appraisal is low he should be allowed to continue to avoid infringement, baba u ve not worked before so I understand..
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Richy4(m): 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
that kind of English language the OP Quoted, was it the best the Authority can come up with......

Yea the Authority may have relieved some lecturers of their duties but that English language was not from the Authority...,,

The OP must have garnished her own to taste sweet.
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by menix(m): 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2015
tunwumi:
You mean the only contract of employment u knew is the slavery one. Ok. A standard contract must have reference of termination which complies with ILO standard. And u can just terminate a contract just for feeling sake. U must give a genuine reason. For your information I have been working for more than a decade.

decade worker, kindly tell me which of termination did not conform with ILO standard..

These lecturers re wiser than you so if they feel their termination did not conform with ILO standards they will be the one shouting and not you working in Forestry parastatal...

Let me draw ur attention to what you don't know, before every mass termination there is an Appraisal nd those lacking re laid off...

Are u even insinuating u know more than the Don's that have sat severally, discussed to avoid litigations
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by HirstMOG(m): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
ginggerxy:
to hell ofcos

My household and I are candidates of heaven.
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Fabrolistic: 10:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
omeke12:
Unemployment level rising

APC..!!! CHANGE..!!!!
guy, where are you from in ezike oba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Aviator And A Nairalanda Is Celebrating His Birthday Today / What Can One Do With N42k Salary? / 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.