Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Mikel Obi- The Media Always Picks On Me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi- The Media Always Picks On Me (473 Views)

Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Russian Wife Reacts To Super Eagles' Loss / World Cup: Psychic Pig Picks Nigeria And Argentina For Semi-final / After Mourinho’s Sack, Mikel Obi, The 'Consistent' One #Mikel Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi- The Media Always Picks On Me by Anamachi3(m): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
Chelsea midfielder, Mikel Obi has said he is not at war with the Nigerian media, but the only problem he has with them is that they do not do things rightly. The Nigerian media have always described Mikel as been arrogant, proud and a snob, but Miklel says they need to let all that go and do their job professionally instead of giving him a bad name. He also said, he believes most of the papers like picking on him to sell their stuff and make money, just because every sport lover wants to read about him. Interestingly, he also spoke about marriage and still finding it very difficult to pick a woman to marry. He says only God can help him choose now, because he does not even know who is being honest, or who is just with him for the money. Below is what he told thebossnewspapers. “I am not angry at the Nigerian Media when they sometimes write what’s wrong, it’s like they are just doing their job. They want to sell their papers. I am not saying Mikel is anything but when people see Mikel on the front pages of the papers, they go and buy it and I think they are making quite a lot of money from that. “I love to speak with the press but I love it when things are done properly, I love to speak to the press but I am a busy person as well who has got schedules as well, you can’t just come to me and say Mikel I want to interview you, things are not done that way, if things are done properly, I will respect people, I will do interviews, but if things are not arranged properly, can’t just meet me at the lobby of a hotel, you meet me in the streets and say I want to speak to you, it doesn’t work that way. On picking a woman to marry, Mikel says; ‘’I know, normal people don’t go through what I am going through now when it concerns finding a woman to marry, normal people don’t at all. Believe me it’s so so difficult, very difficult, it’s so so difficult you just have to leave it to God. To find someone who truly loves you, there might be someone who really loves me truly for who I am but I may not be aware but maybe you don’t know but you may think she’s one of those people that loves you for who you are or what you have, because of your money, but maybe she’s there for you, you never know, you get so confused, now I have decided I will just leave it to God to decide who I get married to’’.

Re: Mikel Obi- The Media Always Picks On Me by Chanchit: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
The guy is always busy on the bench, hiis busyness don dey enter 9ja bench sef. Sai Mikel!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi- The Media Always Picks On Me by Juxtified(m): 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
Don't mind dem Mikel. Its because you're a great guy. its the same way they pick on C. Ronaldo, Rooney, Hazard, Suarez etc. Just keep doing what you know how to do best.
Re: Mikel Obi- The Media Always Picks On Me by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
see as the guy butt Don flat.. courtsey of bench warming...

infact make he go buy seat belt.. one for Chelsea and other for Nigeria.. cost the guy go get bench sour cos by the time fluids starts dripping from his buttocks... that he go no say khaki no be leather......

HEY AMA MIKEL FAN.

(1) (Reply)

Revealed : Juventus Failed With Late Bid For Man City Striker Kelechi Iheanacho / Liverpool Vs Manchester United. Sun 17. 2:05pm / Nigerians Reacts To Super Eagles Defeat On Twitter And Facebook!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.