Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. (38747 Views)

I Have Been Offered Two Jobs And I Don't Know Which One To Choose. Please Help / I Got Two Jobs Offers Through Nairalabd / Undecided Over Two Jobs Offers!!! Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Sashafm(f): 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
One of my greatest selling point had always been the fact that I am very outspoken. Well that advantage turned into a great disadvantage for me today sad. I have always heard about people saying how they kept on saying rubbish at interviews and they new it but could not stop themselves, that was exactly what happened to me today.

Today I woke up very optimistic, I had an interview in V.I, that was number one and another job consideration, number two. In which, conversations had already begun on it.
I got to the venue of my first interview very early and I was person the first person to be interviewed. After the interview I got a call to come back for another testing to decide who will get the job. I was already congratulating myself,only for me to shoot myself in the leg sad sad as my brain was coordinated but my words refused to follow suit when asked what I thought of the job.

Alas , my mouth started spewing out jargon about how not tasking enough the job was, shuuuu shocked shocked for someone that has been sitting down at home for over a month after service. I tried to rephrase my words but Iro o, the deed had already been done. After listening to my self and seeing the expression of the interviewer, I new even I wouldn't employ myself. I was devastated at how, so close to the job I was and how I lost it to over-zealousness.
Not long after that I was dismissed while, the other girl girl stayed behind. That was when I realized the gravity of what my mouth had done, I already passed all the test to the best of my ability but why would you tell an interviewer that the work is not mentally challenging enough!!! who does that

Now the second one was supposed to be easy, as the owner of the business has already called me and I thought we were on track only for me to return back b from the island and receive a message about how someone else closer to the office has been found and even had an experience in customer service. Alas that was the Last straw, I received the message and I WEPT.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by menix(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
Chaii....

Uwa Mmebi applicant..

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by LaurelP(m): 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
U think say na gossip u go

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by obinna2nv(m): 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
Eyaaaa!!, its well. We all learn from our experiences!!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Ab025(m): 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
@sashafm Better days ahead, don't give up, the best is yet to come.

21 Likes

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by tunnyl(m): 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
Sorry for ur loss o. Keep trying

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Sashafm(f): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
Ab025:
@sashafm Better days ahead, don't give up, the best is yet to come.
Thanks a lot I wont give up.

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by princejenks(m): 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
Maybe the job wasn't really meant for you considering your energies could be better utilized elsewhere

14 Likes

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Nature129(m): 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
menix:
Chaii....

Uwa Mmebi applicant..

Onye ara! Lol

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
E be like say awon aye don dey turn ur pot for coven. Just kidding.

Experience they say is the best teacher. More opportunities gonna come and i believe you will never make that mistake again.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
The right attitude will help u learn from this experience and be better the next time.

But make I yab u small: u too talk sha. I sure say no be there e start. U go sabi quarrell well well.

Hopefully ur next post will be about ur new job testimony.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Sashafm(f): 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
E be like say awon aye don dey turn ur pot for coven. Just kidding.

Experience they say is the best teacher. More opportunities gonna come and i believe you will never make that mistake again.

Thank you, I believe so too.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by menix(m): 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2015
Nature129:

Onye ara! Lol

Nwanne Onye ara..

This one wey ur moniker nah nature e bu Onye Uwa Mmebi..

7 Likes

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Sashafm(f): 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
princejenks:
Maybe the job wasn't really meant for you considering your energies could be better utilized elsewhere
Hmmmmm, in this Land of limited opportunities called Nigeria embarassed
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2015
Oh sorry o
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by zubino(m): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
Don't worry , your time will still come. I have an Uncle that went for bank interview, but ended up telling them he wanted to be an Engineer. They still employed him. So maybe its not your job.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Sashafm(f): 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
zubino:
Don't worry , your time will still come. I have an Uncle that went for bank interview, but ended up telling them he wanted to be an Engineer. They still employed him. So maybe its not your job.
It is well.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Sashafm(f): 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
zubino:
It is well
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by ebubey(f): 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
lols...chai sori o cheesy
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by coded01: 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
May the good lord grant you a great job... wink
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by tspun(m): 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
Sorry
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
Take heart Sis.

Wait oo!!!

Just one month after service and you`re complaining?? shocked shocked shocked

Mtcheeeeew... You never chim chom chinnn be that na.

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by fireforfire: 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
village tins

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by kennyman2000(m): 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
Take heart. All is well!!!
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by agarawu23(m): 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
shocked
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by RedCapChief(m): 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
In summary: EndTime Applicant cry

15 Likes

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by sexysensation: 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
Dnt worry, after u stay house for 5 yrs, u go sabi control ur mouth..... No be my prayer for u sha.... Buh next tym, think wel b4 u talk angry

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by jmoore(m): 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
The truth has set you free.

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by GoodFaith: 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
God have reason for everything
The Jobs wasn't for you
Something better is coming but learn your lesson
About four month back I was going after two things
The first two things I was going after didn't work out . There was delay
Guess what I had two better opportunity
The First two was going to cost me about $120,000.00 with monthly return of $2000.00
The second opportunity thank God cost about $100,000.00 monthly return of $2350.00
Long time value, second opportunity was better

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Niyinficient(m): 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
Babe! No think am! Just work more on ur sef!
D work no b ur own, odawise u for get am! Don't relent, keep applying, keep reading, keep believing keep praying!

Don't forget, no problem is solved when depressed! Rejoice, brethre, I say rejoice!

U go make am! #NobeOnlyudeydstruggle!

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gtbank Aptitude Test On Friday 9th Of Nov 2012 / Why Is Beard Not Allowed In Military But Moustache Is Allowed? / Invite From TGI Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.