Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help (48402 Views)

Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by greggng: 1:18am On Nov 24, 2015
Your grammar is very good and yet ur father calls you a black sheep. Assuming I know ur age I would ve advised to live his house if you re of age. Go and struggle and when you become someone, he will begin to appreciate. I don't think ur dad hates you, he just want the best for you. Behave yourself and earn his respect and admiration
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Elebiju: 1:19am On Nov 24, 2015
i am a very blunt yoruba man and i wont mince words,you are a product of a bad memory but there is a way out, pray and work hard.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 24, 2015
porrigeyam:
Gather money... rent one room apartment far from ur home..and start living alone... simple.

Best advice.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 24, 2015
@op How old are you?
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 24, 2015
@ OP your dad doesnt hate you he was probably raised in a similar way. The only way out is for you to leave that house. I think you're old enough, go make your own way

I and the public know
What all schoolchildren learn,
Those to whom evil is done
Do evil in return.
- W.H. Auden

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by raayah(f): 1:23am On Nov 24, 2015
Afrok:
Show him Love.... to every bad things he does, reciprocate with the opposite. U need to change for him to see any reasons to change towards u, therefore ; the need for u to show him Love.

I know it may be difficult, but u can do it... it may take time, just watch as the love u show him over powers his hatred for u.
May God help u.... don't forget the ultimate power, PRAYER.

WTF Man! This man is being physically and emotionally abused by his father and you're telling him to show him love?? What Love? Love for somebody that rubs pepper on your body and flogs you 42 lashes will nud^e Don't be delusional. His father is a monster!!

I bet his father must have been maltreated as a kid also, this is why I am against any kind of physical abuse on children, because Nigerians will do horrendous things and call it discipline.

TO OP!, I don't know how old you are, but its time for you to MOVE OUT OF THAT HOUSE. Find a friend's couch you can sleep on, get ANY Job and start living.

Please also make sure to see a therapist in the future or talk to somebody. You need help, if I were close to your location, I would have helped you. NO ONE SHOULD SUFFER LIKE THIS.

Therock5555, Please know that Its not your fault, Your FATHER IS AN EVIL MAN!

May GOD HELP YOU.

12 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 1:24am On Nov 24, 2015

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by slevin1(m): 1:25am On Nov 24, 2015
You're experiencing this kind of problem and you're asking nairalanders for help. One chance.
From my view, the story is centered on ur dad. Where and how does ur mum feature in ur life? If with what you've written I was to give my perspective, I'd say maybe you're not his.

But what the hell do I know. It's time to swap ur sheep wool colour to white and call on God's grace. You'll be needing it.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 24, 2015
It's unfortuate dt u find urself in dis situation, bt wat i cn say is to pray cos if dere's a man to pray, dere's God to answer
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Truckpusher(m): 1:26am On Nov 24, 2015
Leave the house, fake your own death and see how happy he is about it....lol let's be serious here grin

Ask questions that will demand for an answer and you might just discover some secret you'll never wish to know about.
My brother bone them and leave that house and see what life has in store for you.

I'm tired of young vibrant people waiting for their dad's permission to feel good about themselves . Tell him to his face that you're leaving and you'll come back as something he will wish to have and will never have till he dies. And just walk away and do not look back.

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by coolscott(m): 1:27am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
Sorry for the long epistle, I'm broken and seriously need advice, I hope he gets to see this and then kills me afterwards.

Cc. Ishilove Lalasticlala Sean RoyalRoy

[size=13pt]Your father is the wrong one. It is written in the Bible, Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

It is also written there... Fathers, provoke not thy children to anger.

Go and check it out.

I wonder what your age is. If you are soon going to graduate, just patiently wait till you get a job and go for service.

Once you get a source of income on account of which you can afford not to come home anymore if you so choose, then...[/size][size=14pt] Lay hold on the life you thus find[/size]

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by SpotlezDonald25(m): 1:29am On Nov 24, 2015
Wuris u talking?

@OP o boy!! As long as u remain in dah house and eat moma's food, he will never stop maltreating u..

Make sure u make peace with him and den quietly take a bold step outta dat house.
Be a man and a survivor..pray dat God blesses you and keep Him alive to see wut u'll become.

Believe me he'll come looking for u afterwards.
#word
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by lee007(m): 1:29am On Nov 24, 2015
Guy i wish i can talk to you on the phone...if you dont mind
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Emmaesty(f): 1:30am On Nov 24, 2015
Totfulguy:

Oh I just looked at your profile picture...Now I think your Dad has his reasons!
He's above 18
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by coolscott(m): 1:30am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
Sorry for the long epistle, I'm broken and seriously need advice, I hope he gets to see this and then kills me afterwards.

[size=13pt]If I remember correctly, there are 3 places in the bible where the Lord asks us to be obedient to our parents.
In 2 of those places, just immediately after, it tells parents not to provoke their children to anger[/size]
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 24, 2015
If you're still alive at this point, your father is not trying to kill you...oya go prostate for Baba and say sorry for all the bad bad things you used to do...dat's a good boy

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by raayah(f): 1:36am On Nov 24, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
If you're still alive at this point, your father is not trying to kill you...oya go prostate for Baba and say sorry for all the bad bad things you used to do...dat's a good boy

Please stop telling that boy to apologize. In a civilized country, his father would be in jail because of the physical harm that he has caused this young man.

He hasn't done anything to deserve such wickedness and nothing to apologize for. I am even scared that if his father sees this post, he will ause the OP some more.

OP needs to get out of that house ASAP!

10 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by ricki: 1:37am On Nov 24, 2015
there are 2 sides to every bullsh1t......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by iPopAlomo(m): 1:37am On Nov 24, 2015
Lmao... hahaha... like you just wrote a bit of my story... you know what...? it's all a phase... you'll get over it... how do I know... because I did...

Yours is even small... it's nothing compared to mine...

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by raayah(f): 1:39am On Nov 24, 2015
ricki:
there are 2 sides to every bullsh1t......

Physical and emotional abuse is not bullshit.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by raayah(f): 1:41am On Nov 24, 2015
iPopAlomo:
Lmao... hahaha... like you just wrote a bit of my story... you know what...? it's all a phase... you'll get over it... how do I know... because I did...

Yours is even small... it's nothing compared to mine...

He's is not small, don't compare your pain to others. It may seem small to you but he's in pain. No need for one-upping on a vulnerable and abused young man.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by MrBLING(m): 1:43am On Nov 24, 2015
There are always two sides to a story.
@ op. You said your father is a nairalander. Hopefully he sees this thread and we get the opportunity to hear his views.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Ilaje44(m): 1:45am On Nov 24, 2015
Atmmachine:
Let me tell you something.
You're still a kid, you live with your parents, they feed you.
African parents derive joy in beating their children.

One day you will get rich and he will want you to buy mansions for him and give him money, It will be up to you to choose how to repay him.

Let me use Emmanuel Adebayor as an example, His family got what they deserve because they treated him like a slave.

If you want your dad to stop beating you. #Fight him, i repeat, #Fight him.
He will never touch you again.
Dont fight anybody! I had a terror of a boss back then. There's nothing you can do to satisfy him. He always found something to complain about even if it was not my fault, however, it was a lucrative job. So one day, I decided to show him, that morning, we had deliveries, when I saw that everything was set, I told him that I am resigning. He couldn't believe it, because nobody dared face him. He was the one that was sending people off on flimsy excuses. But I went, and his day/schedule was ruined, and I gained my freedom.

My advice, if you can afford, and you're an adult, just move out of the house, and try to establish yourself. It maybe painful at the beginning, and his words will echo in your mind during the trying periods, but in the long run, the experience will make you strong. Please don't go and join any gang or cult, or try to fight your father. You need your freedom. Go for it.

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Urine: 1:47am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
Please this is a long write up so please pardon me

I choosed not to used an alternative moniker because I want my dad to see this, I introduced him to Nairaland and he's a frequent front page reader so I hope he sees this. I hope my fans in the literature section know why I get depressed always.

Cc. Ishilove Lalasticlala Sean RoyalRoy

What are you doing at the moment? Are you in school or you have graduated?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by friends4ever(m): 1:51am On Nov 24, 2015
CALL MAURAY SHOW AT 1-888-456-2879
HE TAKES CARE OF FAMILY DRAMA. NOTE: DNA MUST BE CONDUCTED TO PROVE, HE IS OR NOT YOUR FATHER, IT WILL BE AIRED ON NATIONAL TV THOUGH.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Kalvan: 1:55am On Nov 24, 2015
Atmmachine:
Let me tell you something.
You're still a kid, you live with your parents, they feed you.
African parents derive joy in beating their children.

One day you will get rich and he will want you to buy mansions for him and give him money, It will be up to you to choose how to repay him.

Let me use Emmanuel Adebayor as an example, His family got what they deserve because they treated him like a slave.

If you want your dad to stop beating you. #Fight him, i repeat, #Fight him.
He will never touch you again

Omo yeegbo. You people enjoy fighting your old parents. Lol! grin

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by iPopAlomo(m): 1:56am On Nov 24, 2015
raayah:

He's is not small, don't compare your pain to others. It may seem small to you but he's in pain. No need for one-upping on a vulnerable and abused young man.

It really is small... he can't hold on to the pain forever... otherwise... he won't be living his life... lemme tell you and the OP a quick story...

I finished up my NCE at 18/19 years... can't remember... so I went home after graduating... and I went to play football... on environmental sanitation day... who turned up at the field...?! my dad... with OPC... he actually paid them to give me 200 stokes on my back... yes... 200 strokes from an OPC member... at some point... my back couldn't take it... so I raised my hand... to cushion the cane from hitting my back... till tomorrow... those marks are still on my hands... and that's just one of many stories...

I really hated him then... but... he's my father afterall... I can't kill him...

So... to the OP... take it on the chin... put your head down and keep doing what you're doing... hell come around... Oh... I'm the first born too... I'm willing to bet a lot of money on you that you're the first born too...

Me and my dad... we're not close... true... but I bare no ill will towards him... I even worked for him a while till I resigned... grin

chin up mate... it's all a phase... until you see another man's farm... your father's farm is still the biggest...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by abbey621(m): 2:00am On Nov 24, 2015
OP- I'm going to be very frank with you! As a child all the way till my first year in the university I was flogged often and mercilessly by my father and/or uncle. The worst thing with my father is that he didn't just stop at the flogging, he would deprive me of food, make me walk to school during my secondary school days and as if that was not bad enough, he wouldn't stop speaking bad about me everywhere he went. I've been embarrassed publicly many times by him and I often wondered if I was adopted or stolen. I grew a deep hatred for him but things changed all of a sudden when I decided to stay away and be a MAN! I decided to stay in school and hustle, I would cut grass, beg, even sold handouts just to survive. This single act of courage stopped all the maltreatment, he started seeing me more as independent and would often tell people that he doesn't know why I don't come to see him, he doesn't know why I don't ask for money or for him to pay my school fees. OP You have to be strong and claim your independence, it's not about fighting him or being rude, it's about removing that layer of dependency and being your own person. This is your father's point of view, he feeds you, clothes you and provides shelter for you, he basically owns you! This is the way most African parents think and until you prove that you are not a leech, he'll continue to maltreat you. I just laughed when I read your post because to most people 48 strokes seems brutal but to me I don chop am many times, I've been punched, kicked even bashed on the head with a kondo all by the same man but today I thank God, 15 years ago I couldn't even dream of a peaceful life and that peaceful life did not come until I let go of all the hatred. Free your mind young lad and look at the bigger picture!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 24, 2015
raayah:

Please stop telling that boy to apologize. In a civilized country, his father would be in jail because of the physical harm that he has caused this young man.

He hasn't done anything to deserve such wickedness and nothing to apologize for. I am even scared that if his father sees this post, he will ause the OP some more.

OP needs to get out of that house ASAP!
Today's civilised world is tomorrow's jungle; in those so called civilised Societies you need to see what their youths have become and the sorts of ideas they espouse; it's only a question of time before it all comes crashing down. Spare the rod spoil the child, your flower child mentality may find this abhorrent, but it works. Granted it should be laid sparingly and with kindness, but one must apply the rod in proportion to the gravity of the offense and the depravity exhibited by the offender; this is a kid that was looking under skirts since he was 2yrs old and how many kids do you know who publish corporal punishments on public forums ? My guess is we have a special case on our hands and besides it's not wise to take sides based on one person's narrative...but from my experience, I will presume that a father wants the best for his child; hence my admonition.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Etizz: 2:03am On Nov 24, 2015
And do u think he's your biological father?

Of course, he is not....... It's high time u move on without him.....

D father dat says his child will not sleep, dat father will not sleep also........ I will wish him dead also.......
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Abiagirl777(f): 2:05am On Nov 24, 2015
Hmmm,took me back memory lane though from my mom.one night she sent me out in the cold because I spoilt my watch,that night was the most horrible day of my life.I sat in front of the gate to ll past 12,the only one in the street,a child of 10 years in the name of discipline.i saw all sorts of nocturnal anlmals dat night,it severed whatever love I had for her and always kept to myself even when I saw my 1st period and almost got raped,my eldest sis became our mother
She came for my Omugwo and something brought it up,she couldn't look at me.I don't blame her atall,I've forgiven her but its deeply etched in my heart.
I promised myself I'll be her exact opposite,by his grace I shall

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Tricks His Baby Who Refused To Take Milk From A Feeding Bottle / 'I Have Been Sleeping With Your Brother' – Wife Tells Husband / Husband Presents Wife’s Love Messages, Nude Pictures In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.