Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help (48396 Views)

Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by raayah(f): 2:06am On Nov 24, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
Today's civilised world is tomorrow's jungle; in those so called civilised Societies you need to see what their youths have become and the sorts of ideas they espouse; it's only a question of time before it all comes crashing down. Spare the rod spoil the child, your flower child mentality may find this abhorrent, but it works. Granted it should be laid sparingly and with kindness, but one must apply the rod in proportion to the gravity of the offense and the depravity exhibited by the offender; this is a kid that was looking under skirts since he was 2yrs old and how many kids do you know who publish corporal punishments on public forums ? My guess is we have a special case on our hands and besides it's not wise to take sides based on one person's narrative...but from my experience, I will presume that a father wants the best for his child; hence my admonition.

A lot of kids even rub their pee-pee (pseudo masturabte) when they're 2. They're babies, they will do whatever is fun. Correct them in a loving and caring manner not with 42 lashes of cane and pepper.

The raising up skirt issue is even more explainable, probably baby has seen that mom's pant change colors. He is fascinated by color change.
Or Maybe mummy does a funny face when he raises up his skirt. A lot of innocent reasons.

A 2 year old is innocent and does not deserve abuse for being inquisitive
Yes, the youths that created the internet you are using. They are more technologically advanced and morally advanced than we are.
Nigerians always defend violence against children for some reason forgetting that we were all once children and didn't know better.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by miqos02(m): 2:10am On Nov 24, 2015
this is bad
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by PLANETMARS(m): 2:12am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
Please this is a long write up so please pardon me

I choosed not to used an alternative moniker because I want my dad to see this, I introduced him to Nairaland and he's a frequent front page reader so I hope he sees this. I hope my fans in the literature section know why I get depressed always.

Sorry for the long epistle, I'm broken and seriously need advice, I hope he gets to see this and then kills me afterwards.

Cc. Ishilove Lalasticlala Sean RoyalRoy
I feel ur pain bro
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by linearity: 2:12am On Nov 24, 2015
The obvious question is, how old are you?

If you can save up to N25k and made up to N350/day at one time, then you can afford to live by yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Kalvan: 2:14am On Nov 24, 2015
Adiwana:
i hate self pity and you trying to blame someone else for ya woes.i do believe strongly in INDEPENDENCE.The sooner you man up and become a man,the better
*modified*
Mehn,as i typed above,stop bitchying around and man up.stop crying and become a man.carter for ya self.find something doing.Hes trying to drill you and you are complaining..from what i deduced,you are probably the only son or what..youve to prove him wrong by becoming better.thats what he wants not coming online and crying..Work for your thing and if you are under his roof,as a grown up,giving him that room and space and know you are under his roof and hustle.on the point of being flogged and 'MALTREATED',many went through it as you went and didnt die.as i said, MAN UP
Drake *0 to 100*

Oh Lord, know yourself, know you're worth nigga
My actions been louder than my words nigga

Since my dad used to tell me he was comin' to the house to get me
He ain't show
Valuable lesson, man I had to grow up
That's why I never ask for help
I'll do it for you niggas and do it for myself

Your taste in music is disgusting;trashy, disgusting rap. You're also a simpleton. When did abuse become "drilling"? Black man with a blank mind.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by pus22: 2:15am On Nov 24, 2015
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by onila(f): 2:18am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:

I choosed not to used an alternative moniker because I want my dad to see this, I introduced him to Nairaland and he's a frequent front page reader so I hope he sees this. I hope my fans in the literature section know why I get depressed always.

Sorry for the long epistle, I'm broken and seriously need advice, I hope he gets to see this and then kills me afterwards.

stop crying

no family is perfect

my sister has wished me death before

my mother publicly said she hates him

my mother rains curses on me everyday

try and change ur attitude
sucks ur life is hard
such is life

sorry, change

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by justmenoni: 2:21am On Nov 24, 2015
This could probably be the reason..

quote author=Elebiju post=40340259]i am a very blunt yoruba man and i wont mince words,you are a product of a bad memory but there is a way out, pray and work hard.[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Jalinco: 2:25am On Nov 24, 2015
Hmm
OP. Please inbox me
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 2:26am On Nov 24, 2015
evegran:

lol. And it's "receive" not "recieve". oh! you're welcome smiley
smiley kiss
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by bangiszz(m): 2:28am On Nov 24, 2015
this is a cwios issue but sounds lik a joke to me......just keep on praying to GOD shikena
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by justmenoni: 2:29am On Nov 24, 2015
Op it's either u're faking this up or ur dad is actually right, I mean what sort of child(even the so called western kid's that we are trying to replicate) uses such pics on their profile when they know that their FATHER is actually going to see it...what sort of child are u portraying to be?

Perhaps u have been doing such mistakes in the past which you actually don't see as a big deal but in actual sense it's a big deal to your dad

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Kirinwa: 2:31am On Nov 24, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
Hmm. This is deep.

Lemme share a true life story.

I was in church one day, and the pastor admonishing us is actually the state youth coordinator. Also for SW zone.
He's influential and also an erudite.
But the problem that he has to him is that his son doesn't listen to him.

He tried every thing he could, Prayers, Scolding and the likes. It even got to a point he said he had to burn all his clothes that he doesn't like and other stuff like that.
But this didn't change the guy.

And then he tried something he hasn't done. He decided to leave him alone and simply show him more love. And continually pray for him.

Today, the guy doesn't oppose him, he isn't strong headed. And he even goes to church willingly as opposed to previous time.

The essence of this is that parents shouldn't fight fire to fire when they feel their children aren't doing their will.
Let him/her see things in your way in a loving manner.
There are different ways to kill a rat.

Fighting it fire for fire will only spur the fire and make it bigger.
Why don't you try fighting the fire with water and things will work well.

TheRock555, just take it easy. And don't go Psycho please.

Try and see if you too can make compromise for him.

Op I presume you are an adult and can now follow your dreams. Leave the house, hustle and raise your own dough. Abi you wan live with your family forever?

Last Bullet: Op your profile picture aint cool and we can't blame your Dad entirely until we hear his version. What we can only fault is his manner of correction. Seems extreme though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by miqos02(m): 2:34am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
please don't say moving out of the house
this is your temporary option, leave the home for a while and rediscover your life if you dont want to go 'mad', if your family still loves you, they will look for you

you can look for a church far away from your area, explain your situation to them

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by onila(f): 2:35am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:

My parents married legally in church and I'm the second child and first male

I have doubted my parentage lots of times because I was the only child among my siblings given birth to in the village, maybe I was exchange by some faggort nurses because I don't behave one bit like any body else in the house

The cower in fear while he speaks, I oppose him when he speaks uncorted lies.

BTW he's a preacher so nothing seems wrong to him. If I begin to spill everything, I might run out of pages
WITH ALL THIS UR BIG ENGLISH

Ur father still hates you
my father will wish to have a bright son like you

7 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by onila(f): 2:35am On Nov 24, 2015
justmenoni:
Op it's either u're faking this up or ur dad is actually right, I mean what sort of child(even the so called western kid's that we are trying to replicate) uses such pics on their profile when they know that their FATHER is actually going to see it...what sort of child are u portraying to be?

Perhaps u have been doing such mistakes in the past which you actually don't see as a big deal but in actual sense it's a big deal to your dad
grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by EmekaBlue(m): 2:38am On Nov 24, 2015
One day One day ego b past tense
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 24, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
Hmm. This is deep.

Lemme share a true life story.

I was in church one day, and the pastor admonishing us is actually the state youth coordinator. Also for SW zone.
He's influential and also an erudite.
But the problem that he has to him is that his son doesn't listen to him.

He tried every thing he could, Prayers, Scolding and the likes. It even got to a point he said he had to burn all his clothes that he doesn't like and other stuff like that.
But this didn't change the guy.

And then he tried something he hasn't done. He decided to leave him alone and simply show him more love. And continually pray for him.

Today, the guy doesn't oppose him, he isn't strong headed. And he even goes to church willingly as opposed to previous time.

The essence of this is that parents shouldn't fight fire to fire when they feel their children aren't doing their will.
Let him/her see things in your way in a loving manner.
There are different ways to kill a rat.

Fighting it fire for fire will only spur the fire and make it bigger.
Why don't you try fighting the fire with water and things will work well.

TheRock555, just take it easy. And don't go Psycho please.

Try and see if you too can make compromise for him.

...hmmm Thank God my Dad died recently.. was darned to happy to get over him in the physical grin grin
Anyone who does psychological damage needs to be forgotten and formatted from memory
At the risk of sounding inhumane.. seriously Fathers owe their Children everything cos no one asked to be born and have to go through some daddy.. ish. I'd get over the mofoka like a bad blunt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by vicque(f): 2:53am On Nov 24, 2015
. You need to calm down first and know you are not ALONE. if we start a thread on this topic, you will be amazed that many Nairalanders have passed through this.

I have seen my friend's dad slap his 30 something year old son. I also know a banker that can't get home by 9pm and have peace because of his parents.

2. Most parents are that way especially when you do. . . . . not follow the path or foundation they want to lay for you.

3. You strike me as someone who wants to go into the arts like entertainment, sports, music, literature and other which is mostly frowned upon.

4. Forgive my guess you may have just passed the so called adult age of "18" or "21"in oyibo people land but by default Nigeria parents will not let you breathe until leave their house either by way of marriage or school.

5. Now on the topic of schooling... You said something about medicine? Nwanne don't try it if you are not medically abi na science inclined... Don't live his dream of being called father of a doctor.

6. What do you want to do? Wetin be your handwork? Is it writing? Blogging? Or something else? It'd obvious he won't support you for now because you are the first son and he feels you need to be n example to your younger ones.

7. I do not know what religion you follow... But simply put DISOBEDIENCE is really what drives our older folks to paranoia!!!
You no belive me?
Just add 10 years to your age and decide to marry. Girl ya papa or mama no really like... That's when you will know that what you are passing through now is just I.T (INTERNSHIP)

My counsel to you is
8. Get an EDUCATION and I do not just mean a degree or a diploma. And be wasting time doing what you do not like...(7 years medical school?) . Get educated in what you really want to do and look for opportunity to learn more.. There schools and colleges, and institutions that focuses on the arts.Eg

Wale Adenuga productions or Pefti in Lagos

Royal Arts academy by Monalisa chinda and Ego Boyo and others.

Federal Radio Corporation Of Nigeria training sch.

It may be tough and easily said than done. But be resolute and do try to get busy since they say you are idle and pressing phone. Check for some in your location.
9.Dont underestimate the power of steadfastness in prayers. We all want good things but sometimes it just won't come to us except for God's help. Please stop challenging his authority in the name of ''I am a MAN". Some parents don't know that their KIDS are now young adults and no more kids. It's just be wisdom of God that helps them see so.

10 Finally be Tactful (I hope you know the meaning.)
In my house we have a saying that "Yes sir" no de cause problem. Even when he send you dumb errands and your siblings are available like Nike : JUST DO IT.!!

... The Matches is in your hands : you can either light a fire or burn the house.. It's all up to y

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 2:57am On Nov 24, 2015
raayah:

A lot of kids even rub their pee-pee (pseudo masturabte) when they're 2. They're babies, they will do whatever is fun. Correct them in a loving and caring manner not with 42 lashes of cane and pepper.

Yes, the youths that created the internet you are using. They are more technologically advanced and morally advanced than we are.
Nigerians always defend violence against children for some reason forgetting that we were all once children and didn't know better.
'Morally advanced' ! Lol, are we talking of the same so called 'civilised societies' ? Well maybe during ancient times, a little research will reveal that these societies have become morally depraved in every ramification of the word; moral relativism has destroyed any iota of moral superiority which they had heretofore used to claim superiority over others...and by 2yrs old I wasn't rubbing my pee pee or peering under my mother's skirt gtfoh you're starting to sound like a perv.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by InvertedHammer: 3:00am On Nov 24, 2015
/

I think you are an.irresponsible and disgusting human being from the way you presented yourself a la profile picture.

/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by mikolo80: 3:06am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:

break Cc. Ishilove Lalasticlala Sean RoyalRoy
reply me. how old are you? I May have a solution. took me almost 20 yrs to crack the 'code '
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 3:16am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:

O

Accept Jesus and let him lead you
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Ademusiwa1a: 3:18am On Nov 24, 2015
Ademusiwa1a:
[size=38pt]she should not have collected the country of the kingdom of western Nigeria oil money and give it to Nigeria....

It is call stealing.
It is 2 countries.

we opened an account at a bank. And it has 0 naira in it. because Nigeria cant collect our money. It is considered illegal under international law.

You can see, the state of our police/military barrack, school etc it is in bad states. We cant allow Nigeria to cheat us. It is considered illegal under international law.

Nigeria Senate/rep have no power to collect or use our money. And Nigeria have no power to give any governor money directly without first getting in touch with me and knowing the account number of western Nigeria before given anybody money. We are to collect our money ourself.

The money you people claim you give anybody is considered dash. Because it did not go through me. If it did. I would have given the military and police their money.
I never received any money from anyone.

So for the last 16 years. The country of western Nigeria got zero naira from either taxes or oil revenue.

Obasanjo never gave $1 to the country of western Nigeria for 8 years. We are separate country. Please go and ask him. He took our money illegally. All our police/military/school ,hospital are such in a bad state. Where he spent only him know.

The USA does not deal with state in Mexico to transfer money. They deal with the appropriate person. I am the appropriate person to deal with. I never got any money , so I never was able to fix anything that is inter police, barrack etc. Because we are the owner of the money. Not. Nigeria. It is not Nigeria responsible to fix. It is our . if Nigeria illegal collected money. It is only fair they transferred it to me. They never did. Under Jonathan for 6 years. He kept the money to himself andthey never fix anything...

So any body in the military/:police should understand what we are going through. Basically they have made up their mind to steal our money. So I offer apology to the military/ police for the state their their barracks is. If everybody cooperate with me. Things will be better. If I don't receive the money directly. It is impossible to fix. You have to know politician are thieves

You people should learn a lesson from this.

[/size]

[img]http://wwimage/2015/nov/16/Diezani-Madueke-sick-2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=Images1/Diezani_Alis007.jpg&size=article_large[/img]
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by adepiero: 3:44am On Nov 24, 2015
Endtime father angry

Sorry I said that but I'll just say my little bit and I hope it helps.

Most people hate being challenged even when they are doing bad things especially parents! So for your dad going head to head with him is a lost battle.

The patient dog eats the fattest bone in this case is the solution! If your being told to do anything, do it without question or confrontation or just do it even before you are been told.

People like your dad feel contempt when they see their subject broken but the idea is for you to get by till you are capable of being your own man then you can rebel and not before!

Running away won't help you because nobody is ready to help! and also pray, it helps in every situation

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Ademusiwa1a: 3:44am On Nov 24, 2015
[size=28pt]You can see the state she is
It is 2 countries
[/size]

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=Images1/Diezani_Alison_Madueke_826704007.jpg&size=article_large[/img][/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by justmenoni: 3:47am On Nov 24, 2015
Anti onila u sef dey part of d ppl wey collupt the op grin cheesy

quote author=onila post=40340633] grin grin[/quote]
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by bummyla(m): 3:47am On Nov 24, 2015
Sorry Man! Welcome To My World! My Mum Was Like That To Me While Growing up, In Fact She Derives Joy Seeing Me Cry Every Time And My Offence Was That She Had A Very Difficult Delivery And 9 Horrible Months Before I Came into being! She Said She Nearly Lost Her Life! So! How Was It My Fault!? I Did Not Ask To Be Conceived And Born!

The Same Thing With My Cousin Ekene! Difficult Delivery Made Us The Black Sheep Of The Family

I Couldn't Wait To Graduate To Leave The House.

5 years I did not visit home, but we always talked on the phone, I just got back from 2 week visit to see my parents because of my Daddy! Now I Am My Mum's pet, she she sang all my praises for those 2 weeks I spent with them and she still calls me to remind me how much she care about me.

Bros! Give your life to Christ! keep on praying! Keep On working hard! Success is just at the corner! Everyone loves a successful son/daughter/child. Now my mum tells me how much she loves and misses me! I am not moved! but because I want to make heaven and I also want her to make heaven as well I have to forgive and I am trying to forget as well.

My Friend's dad disowned him for following his dream of been an studio artist, but immediately he starts earning 400k a month and started taking care of his mum and younger siblings, the old man swallowed his pride and asked him for forgiveness!

So! Moved out of the hostile environment and become a success! God Bless You Bros! http://www.bummyla.com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by cbjonstage(m): 3:48am On Nov 24, 2015
bellong:

I guess the bold is the root of the issues. You must have been too curious and challenging since a toddler. He probably see it as a deviant behavior and in a bid to straighten you, he adopted the"negative " approach which many parents do adopt.

Get to the library, buy him a book on child developmental psychology. He needs to learn some stuff.

Meanwhile, you need to learn how to pass across your opinion without him seeing you as rude and disobedient.

good advice bad recommendation. that is anoda trauma for d youngman
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by stonecoldcafe: 3:49am On Nov 24, 2015
Warning: this is an epistle.

@therock5555, sorry for what you are going through. I know you as a great writer in the literature section; indeed problems could be invisible.

Number 1, how old are you and do you have a job? Are you still at the university? I ask cos you say moving out is not an option. Why can't you move out?

2. In the event you are a student or you don't have work yet, I have small bad news aka coping stategy for you and here it goes. You have to manage and dance to your dad's tune. You may hate him and life @ your home but if he is providing you with a hot meal and roof over your head, you have to humble yourself bro. You have to suck it in and act the fool! It remains your dad's home afterall. Your siblings cowering before him are not fools. Manage yourself n bear or better still MOVE OUT of his house.

3. If truly you are his 1st son, I want to believe you mean something to him even if he acts otherwise. He may not know how to express it and perhaps he acts that way cos he believes you are not living up to expectation. Please don't be depressed, do ur bit and leave d rest for God.pls take this seriously, take it from someone who knew a man (my uncle). My uncle hardly got along with his 1st son, quarell up and down coupled with some poor choices by my cousin. This cousin sadly passed away through sickness. Therock5555, I tell you, no one wept to reach my uncle. I tell you, he loved that boy in his own way. Nuff said. Believe me, if only you could see inside your dad's heart.

4. There are unreasonable barbaric or even wicked parents but we don't get to pick who brings us to this world. I know what of 2 friends who passed through hell while growing up but today there are out of their father's home with their own family. Not holding brief for your dad but just trying to say 'manage' him until you leave home.

At least if your dad did nothing, he sent you to school (I'm assuming) thus making you the great writer you are. That must surely count for something.

PS: if you don't have job, scour your area. Do something you enjoy. Go meet the business owner and tell them you want to intern, learn a skill or work for free! Yes. Some may charge a pittance for training you. Just do anything so you're not so depressed, remain busy and stay out of your father's hair. All d best bro. Will say a prayer for you.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 24, 2015
chat with him regularly play games like scrabble with him wash nd iron his clothes wen greeting him make sure u prostrate well.say your prayers.dad too was strict to me before he has never smiled at me before bt wen i did all dis we became close frnds bt if dis didnt work maybe u should try talkin to ur pastor secretly he would knw wat to do

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Franzinni: 3:53am On Nov 24, 2015
Your life.... Live.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Tricks His Baby Who Refused To Take Milk From A Feeding Bottle / 'I Have Been Sleeping With Your Brother' – Wife Tells Husband / Husband Presents Wife’s Love Messages, Nude Pictures In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.