Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,944 members, 7,799,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Snail Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Snail Recipe (9053 Views)

(PHOTO) Introducing New Recipe- GREEN EBA A.k.a 'ebbage'. / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Ofada Stew Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snail Recipe by tobeto: 11:04pm On May 23, 2009
pls amaka can u help me.my oga likes snail but i dont kno how 2 prepare it.can anyone help ith how to prepare snails.thanks
Re: Snail Recipe by AmakaOne(f): 1:08pm On May 27, 2009
Sauteed pepper snails

20 fresh snails
4 Sweet Peppers (green & red combination works well)
2 Ata Rodo ( Habanero- Optional, if you dont like spicy food you can leave out)
6 Limes/ Lemons
2 medium Tomatoes
oil for frying

To prepare the snail:
Crack the shells , remove the snail meat and clean with lime ( Rub with plenty of lime till all the slime is off).
Place in bowl and pour in enough water to cover the snail to wash off the remaining lime and slime.
Cut snails into 2 (if large or leave whole)
Pour prepared snail into colander, drain and rinse under cold water.
Set aside.

Chop up the onion, peppers and tomatoes ( not too finely)

Set aside

Preparation:
Set a pan on the fire with enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
Add snails (in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan, or else they will start to cook adn not fry)
Fry over medium to low heat, turning regularly to make sure they are well fried.
(keep your heat low to medium, otherwise the snails will become tough and rubbery)
Added chopped ingredients and fry for another +/- 5 mins.
Scoop out of pan and drain on kitchen towel.

Serve as snack with drinks.
Re: Snail Recipe by namdee(m): 7:55am On May 30, 2009
Amaka hi,you did not mention seasoning the snails,do you just prepare them like that .Please do mention how it is meant to be seasoned,if it is meant to be,thank you and keep those recipes coming
Re: Snail Recipe by newness99(f): 5:45am On Jul 19, 2009
Hi amaka, couldn't send you an email- no addy. Hope you see this and respond soon,
I need to make stew, just basic stew for rice/spagetti or a nice sauce that can keep for up to 2 weeks and still be tasty.
Please gimme the recipe for nigerian stew or any nice sauce (without too much mede mede inside) lol.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

UN Congratulates Nigeria On Meeting Hunger Eradication Target / 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Pap & Akara As Breakfasts / Recipe For 100 Spring Roll And 50 Pieces Of Samosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.