Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy (6440 Views)

IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… / 12 Things Buhari Govt Is Putting In Place To Revive Nigerian Economy - Adeosun / Fayose : Nigerian Economy May Collapse In 3 Months!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by Henry22(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2015
M4gunners:
See this mumu oh.You said earlier you wouldn't want to exchange words with me this early morning, yet you won't let me be.That makes you big time nnama (Cow)
I am lazy in your eyes because I'm fighting for my right thanks. Meanwhile, yeah Man in my profile there is the man of the moment.A trusted Leader of IPOB unlike what wr use to have before.
OUR OIL.........
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by M4gunners: 9:06am On Nov 24, 2015
Henry22:
OUR OIL.........
Yes oo parasite.
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by chiddye(m): 9:20am On Nov 24, 2015
Henry22:
OUR OIL........ please get a life

who needs oil,when there are so many benefits in harnessing the benefits of marijuana it just proper research, regulation and pushing the legalisation of the franchise.

your oil is a curse

1 Like

Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by chiddye(m): 9:32am On Nov 24, 2015
Henry22:
OP you did not add the most imprportant benefit...........it is a greate source of INSPIRATION if you doubt me go and ask bob marley, vybes khatel, peter tosh and the rest of them even lucky dube of blessed memory.

my man I wish this could be a movement, criminalisation of marijuana itself is a crime against humanity. we are in desperate times in Nigeria we need to start thinking out of the box, am tired of hearing boys been chased by NDLEA and having to go bail them with huge amounts. there should be a proper reorientation of the public about marijuana use
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by Henry22(m): 9:38am On Nov 24, 2015
M4gunners:
Yes oo parasite.
you dont even know me and you are calling me names......i pity your life, i think you need people from olobiri in bayelsa state nigeria to give you some lecture, and when i get back to your so called country i will educate you more.....lazy broke assss foool....get a life
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by chiddye(m): 9:39am On Nov 24, 2015
DaBullIT:
Oooo Boi eeeee

This Op na confirmed weeder grin grin grin or maybe na just copy and paste

But in reality , we do not even know the actual number of people living in each state as such controlling the USE would be virtually impossible

USA is not Nigeria , Most normal things in other parts of the world ,except Nigeria

Would you advocate for right to arms in Nigeria ? as in legalizing guns ?

I understand your fear, but this is an emerging concept in Nigeria, you might feel USA is not Nigeria,are you saying we can't get things right in this country? regulation is key as they regulate the use of normal drug product like paracetamol or aspirin. channel your doubt on the economic effect and you would see the potentials
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by Henry22(m): 9:41am On Nov 24, 2015
chiddye:

my man I wish this could be a movement, criminalisation of marijuana itself is a crime against humanity. we are in desperate times in Nigeria we need to start thinking out of the box, am tired of hearing boys been chased by NDLEA and having to go bail them with huge amounts. there should be a proper reorientation of the public about marijuana use
yes my friend
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by chiddye(m): 9:47am On Nov 24, 2015
idu1:
I want it legalized

for it to be legalised you need to start speaking louder and probably a civil movement, lots of youth have been incarcerated due to the use of marijuana.

1 Like

Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by Henry22(m): 9:49am On Nov 24, 2015
we are talking about how to fully harness the energy in weed and some bumb asss d*ck head is here talking about "OUR OIL" as if the oil poured out of his mother's puusy when she was giving birth to him, this is why the international community see nigerians as lazy people bocause of morons like him. SMH
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by chiddye(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2015
Henry22:
we are talking about how to fully harness the energy in weed and some bumb asss d*ck head is here talking about "OUR OIL" as if the oil poured out of his mother's puusy when she was giving birth to him, this is why the international community see nigerians as lazy people bocause of morons like him. SMH

you don't need to trade word with the mofo, a friend with weed is a friend indeed.

1 Like

Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by QuotaSystem: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2015
Where's your oil? Quit fooling yourself.

Noisemaker.

M4gunners:
Have you people decided to free our oil?This is good news if that is the case.
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by Henry22(m): 10:02am On Nov 24, 2015
chiddye:

you don't need to trade word with the mofo, a friend with weed is a friend indeed.
thanks mate, just tot i should fix some kilobite of sense into dt morons d*ck head......meanwhile back to d topic........i think it will be a good thing if dem government legalize it......i dont even know why cigaret dt contains nicotin is been made ligal.
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by byteHead(m): 10:10am On Nov 24, 2015

Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by chiddye(m): 10:18am On Nov 24, 2015
Henry22:
thanks mate, just tot i should fix some kilobite of sense into dt morons d*ck head......meanwhile back to d topic........i think it will be a good thing if dem government legalize it......i dont even know why cigaret dt contains nicotin is been made ligal.

I think if the government is been serious about removing harmful drugs on the street they should begin with cigarette, cancer of the lungs patients have increased tremendously in Nigeria, we should learn from Uruguay that legalised marijuana to help stop the cigarette health hazard
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by callmelanner(m): 10:43am On Nov 24, 2015
I belong to the #cannabiscommunity #stonernation #kushgang
And mods pls move this to front page na at least 'basketmouth in linda ikeji's bedroom' dey reach FP. undecided Let the ignorant & gullible ones learn. Pot smokers have been stereotyped! This has to stop!!!

Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by M4gunners: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2015
[quote author=Henry22 post=40347604] you dont even know me and you are calling me names......i pity your life, i think you need people from olobiri in bayelsa state nigeria to give you some lecture, and when i get back to your so called country i will educate you more.....lazy broke assss foool....get a life [/quote parasites want to claim Americana.Mumu stop fooling yourself and start planting sugarcane incase wr finally leave. ]
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by M4gunners: 10:53am On Nov 24, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Where's your oil? Quit fooling yourself.

Noisemaker.

When you quit feeding from the oil, i will quit,till then you guys remain parasites. Join hand with your brothers and start planting sugarcane.
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by chiddye(m): 10:57am On Nov 24, 2015
callmelanner:
I belong to the #cannabiscommunity #stonernation #kushgang
And mods pls move this to front page na at least 'basketmouth in linda ikeji's bedroom' dey reach FP. undecided Let the ignorant & gullible ones learn. Pot smokers have been stereotyped! This has to stop!!!

exactly pot smokers are been stereotyped into some kinda bad egg, criminalized by the system and forced to stay in the shadows. it killing when I can't smoke weed in a bar and everyone is smoking cigarettes

1 Like

Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by baralatie(m): 11:11am On Nov 24, 2015
Legalize cocaine and heroin.
The are derived from nature!

Cocaine does not cause lung cancer,it is a good antidote against pain!

Let us send more youths into rehab installations!
We have oil money!let us allow the active age bracket of the nation become perpetual addiCTS!
Who cares!
How did majek fashek get his life in the gutter sef
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by chiddye(m): 11:20am On Nov 24, 2015
I think you are mistaken, you need to understand the impact of the use of marijuana and not dwelling on the substance abuse. you are quick to point out abusers when there are millions of more users who don't abuse it.

my man its more about regulation and the government gaining revenue from it away from the norm of criminalising pot users that cost the government and still ends in futility, because study has shown that in Nigeria pot smokers have increased by 30percent in the past two years
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by callmelanner(m): 11:20am On Nov 24, 2015
chiddye:

exactly pot smokers are been stereotyped into some kinda bad egg, criminalized by the system and forced to stay in the shadows. it killing when I can't smoke weed in a bar and everyone is smoking cigarettes
It is even more killing when I can't smoke kush in my own room because of amebo neighbours
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by callmelanner(m): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2015
baralatie:
Legalize cocaine and heroin.
The are derived from nature!

Cocaine does not cause lung cancer,it is a good antidote against pain!

Let us send more youths into rehab installations!
We have oil money!let us allow the active age bracket of the nation become perpetual addiCTS!
Who cares!
How did majek fashek get his life in the gutter sef

Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by chiddye(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2015
callmelanner:

It is even more killing when I can't smoke kush in my own room because of amebo neighbours

lol, have been there my man, crazy has Bleep when your neighbors begin to look at you like one weirdo and start doubting your opinion using words like he is high he can't make a clear judgment...

1 Like

Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by baralatie(m): 11:41am On Nov 24, 2015
[quote author=callmelanner post=40351388][/quote]
It took 150 years of govt funding and research on cigarette alone before the govt understood the implications of cigarette smoking and another 10 years to understand the effects of secondary cigarette smoking.
It took an accidental discovery on the implications of cocaine and heroin addiction.
It took an american athlete accidental death before the west took steroids as a crime.
In Nigeria cocaine deaths go unreported how much more marijuana.
We see everyday the associated addiction as a result of marijuana.
If you want REAL LIVE ACCOUNTS
just visit NDLEA office or if the health workers at yaba psychiatry will allow the monumental "secret cases" surrounding marijuana.
But if you want legality to go highhigh
Concaine,heroin, and the lastest refined Mexican coke.I heard that baby is "goood"
Let us kill the youths with addiction!
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 24, 2015
And the Lord saith "Let there be weed

and there was weedgringringrin"
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by baralatie(m): 11:57am On Nov 24, 2015
This is curled from the NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF DRUG ABUSE

"How does marijuana affect the brain?

Marijuana has both short- and long-term effects on the brain.

THC acts on numerous areas (in yellow) in the brain.
Short-term effects

When a person smokes marijuana, THC quickly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream. The blood carries the chemical to the brain and other organs throughout the body. The body absorbs THC more slowly when the person eats or drinks it. In that case, the user generally feels the effects after 30 minutes to 1 hour.

THC acts on specific brain cell receptors that ordinarily react to natural THC-like chemicals in the brain. These natural chemicals play a role in normal brain development and function.

Marijuana overactivates parts of the brain that contain the highest number of these receptors. This causes the "high" that users feel. Other effects include:

altered senses (for example, seeing brighter colors)
altered sense of time
changes in mood
impaired body movement
difficulty with thinking and problem-solving
impaired memory

Long-term effects

Marijuana also affects brain development. When marijuana users begin using as teenagers, the drug may reduce thinking, memory, and learning functions and affect how the brain builds connections between the areas necessary for these functions.

Marijuana’s effects on these abilities may last a long time or even be permanent.

For example, a study showed that people who started smoking marijuana heavily in their teens and had an ongoing cannabis use disorder lost an average of eight IQ points between ages 13 and 38. The lost mental abilities did not fully return in those who quit marijuana as adults. Those who started smoking marijuana as adults did not show notable IQ declines (Meier, 2012).

A Rise in Marijuana’s THC Levels

The amount of THC in marijuana has been increasing steadily over the past few decades (Mehmedic, 2010). For a new user, this may mean exposure to higher THC levels with a greater chance of a harmful reaction. Higher THC levels may explain the rise in emergency room visits involving marijuana use.

The popularity of edibles also increases the chance of users having harmful reactions. Edibles take longer to digest and produce a high. Therefore, people may consume more to feel the effects faster, leading to dangerous results.

Dabbing is yet another growing trend. More people are using marijuana extracts that provide stronger doses, and therefore stronger effects, of THC (see "Marijuana Extracts"wink.

Higher THC levels may mean a greater risk for addiction if users are regularly exposing themselves to high doses.
What are the other health effects of marijuana?

Marijuana use may have a wide range of effects, both physical and mental.

Physical effects

Breathing problems. Marijuana smoke irritates the lungs, and frequent marijuana smokers can have the same breathing problems that tobacco smokers have. These problems include daily cough and phlegm, more frequent lung illness, and a higher risk of lung infections. Researchers still do not know whether marijuana smokers have a higher risk for lung cancer.
Increased heart rate. Marijuana raises heart rate for up to 3 hours after smoking. This effect may increase the chance of heart attack. Older people and those with heart problems may be at higher risk
Problems with child development during and after pregnancy. Marijuana use during pregnancy is linked to increased risk of both brain and behavioral problems in babies. If a pregnant woman uses marijuana, the drug may affect certain developing parts of the fetus’s brain. Resulting challenges for the child may include problems with attention, memory, and problem-solving. Additionally, some research suggests that moderate amounts of THC are excreted into the breast milk of nursing mothers. The effects on a baby’s developing brain are still unknown.
Mental effects

Long-term marijuana use has been linked to mental illness in some users, such as:

temporary hallucinations—sensations and images that seem real though they are not
temporary paranoia—extreme and unreasonable distrust of others
worsening sy
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by QuotaSystem: 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
You are the parasite feeding off oil owned by Nigeria, while sitting on your lazy behind screaming 'awa oyell'.

Leave that ogogoro and get to work. Even the Almighty that blessed our land with oil hates sloths. Get to work lazy boy or you continue sinking like the oil prices.

M4gunners:
When you quit feeding from the oil, i will quit,till then you guys remain parasites. Join hand with your brothers and start planting sugarcane.
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by callmelanner(m): 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
baralatie:

It took 150 years of govt funding and research on cigarette alone before the govt understood the implications of cigarette smoking and another 10 years to understand the effects of secondary cigarette smoking.
It took an accidental discovery on the implications of cocaine and heroin addiction.
It took an american athlete accidental death before the west took steroids as a crime.
In Nigeria cocaine deaths go unreported how much more marijuana.
We see everyday the associated addiction as a result of marijuana.
If you want REAL LIVE ACCOUNTS
just visit NDLEA office or if the health workers at yaba psychiatry will allow the monumental "secret cases" surrounding marijuana.
But if you want legality to go highhigh
Concaine,heroin, and the lastest refined Mexican coke.I heard that baby is "goood"
Let us kill the youths with addiction!

Marijuana has never made anyone insane (there has been no recorded case) so where did u get ur own.
Pls research extensively before commenting coz this is a public forum and stop using ur myopic, short sighted & ignorant mind to judge things. In fact there is no recorded case of death attributed to marijuana

1 Like

Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by baralatie(m): 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
callmelanner:

Marijuana has never made anyone insane (there has been no recorded case) so where did u get ur own.
Pls research extensively before commenting coz this is a public forum and stop using ur myopic, short sighted & ignorant mind to judge things. In fact there is no recorded case of death attributed to marijuana
You want to put your money on a bet about marijuana related insanity?
It is not far
Yaba is the plaCE,how much you want to stake?
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by iPopAlomo(m): 12:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
You def know... with Alomo... it's an euphoric combo... grin

1 Like

Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by M4gunners: 12:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
QuotaSystem:
You are the parasite feeding off oil owned by Nigeria, while sitting on your lazy behind screaming 'awa oyell'.

Leave that ogogoro and get to work. Even the Almighty that blessed our land with oil hates sloths. Get to work lazy boy or you continue sinking like the oil prices.

Nigga stop this joke Nigeria didn't owned any oil. ND owned the oil . Nigeria has forgotten the owners.They spend the Money to beautify Abuja, while warri and the rest of ND are being neglect. You can open ur mouth to talk because you are not from there.
If know who you are talking to, you won't be asking me to stand up and go get a job.Do you think am feeding on oil or what? Just shut up please before you "koba" yourself.
Re: Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy by Skyeline: 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
I completely agree with u who posted it...d gains from legalizing it are endless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Identifies Key Suspects In Plot To Kill Buhari / School feeding: FG fails to meet September take-off target / Reply To Chinua Achebe's There Was A Country. By Alabi Isama.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.