Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle (12540 Views)

Quit Notice To Igbos: Arewa Youths Change Their Minds, Reconsider Igbos (Photos) / The Enduring Grip Of Historical Falsehoods On Igbo Minds / Calling A Nationwide Protest: Is Nigeria Mature For It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by VickJames(m): 6:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
not so, it is unfair to the north to not develop them for sustainability knowing that revenues from the north funded the exploration and development of the oil. Every region must be developed with the oil as it's Nigerians property today, after we have set the foundations we call for a national conference to discuss true federalism, I tell you that most will embrace it, and if any region seeks seccesion, such should be allowed to go, it's an amicable and equitable solution in our quest to either true federalism or seccesion

the north have received more than enough proceeds from the south south and they should have thought about it before now. moreover, money was also gotten from different parts of the country to spare-head this project and not just the north.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by tonychristopher: 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Bros, the guys is very correct. Why is it that anybody that tries to look at Igbo issues factually devoid of sentiments immediately becomes a Yoruba?

I know many Igbo guys here doing well in Abuja but are always scared to travel home. Aha cho ka ndimmadu ojoo bia gworun han nsii.

Most Igbos in the villages are very bitter when they see you come back and successful. Most people are killed when they try to start building their houses. I fear our people sha.

Bullshiit

So they gave killed coscharis and ibeto

Ochoro mgbafu siri na aloru ya anya

So forget that

Thank lord that boko haram and lagoon oba made them to think home

4 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

Bullshiit

So they gave killed coscharis and ibeto

Ochoro mgbafu siri na aloru ya anya

So forget that

Thank lord that boko haram and lagoon oba made them to think home

Stop deceiving yorself. We are yet to secure the kind of unity we need in Igboland.

Look at the Yorubas have opened a single thread for Yoruba common wealth but what have Igbos done? One threas is Enugu the pride of the east, another thread is Anambra state light of the nation. Instead of us to be looking at regional integration our people still see themselves as Anambra, Imo, Enugu, etc. What a shame.

You need to see the bitterness between Anambra and Imo people when they fight here. See the shame being displayed by Chino and Customized. I smh.

2 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
dialfa:

I see your signature.

I believe that we should channel our energy in building a much stronger relationship with the Efik/Ibibio. They are the most reliable group in the niger delta that we can work with.

Don't forget that the last president of Biafra was one of the sons, the celebrated General Philip Effiong.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
obailala:

There is NOTHING that cannot be achieved if a group of people UNITE in a COMMON GOAL.

Gen 11:5-9
[5] But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. [6] The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. [7] Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”
[8] So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. [9] That is why it was called Babel[c]—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

With visionary and patriotic leaders in the SE and with UNITY and COOPERATION, a seaport can be built; in fact, there is NOTHING we cannot achieve because the last time I checked, we all still spoke the same language. Unfortunately, the crop of leaders we keep producing in the SE are as clueless and as selfish as they come, and this doesn't even aid unity or cooperation.

2nd Niger Bridge
Since I was born, I have constantly heard of Igbos clamouring for the 2nd Niger Bridge (2NB) from successive administrations and it has always been used as a bait to hoodwink the Igbo nation by every single administration. So far, only GEJ came close to actualising that promise, but then, he still treacherously had to wait till 2015 elections to start the project. Furthermore, in the signed agreement for the 2NB, the proposed bridge will be tolled for 25 years when built because it is a public-private-partnership (PPP) and the FG supplies only N30bn for the project. A critical simple examination of the facts reveals that the 2NB will eventually be financed from the pockets of Igbos who mainly use the bridge.

Now let us carefully examine this project, for the past at least 20 years that Igbos have clamoured for this particular bridge, are we saying a regional cooperation of the core Igbo speaking states could not finance this project even if it is on a PPP basis?.... I know it is not ideal for states governments to take over FG responsibility, but if we carefully peruse historical records, never have I heard that a state built a federal road for instance and the FG did not pay back. Even at the height of the conflict between GEJ and Rotimi Amaechi, the FG paid back every dime which was spent by RVSG in constructing the Rivers State section of the PH to Owerri Road. That is a systematic way in which states have forced some federal projects in their domain, unfortunately the Imo state government did not think of it this way, hence the Imo axis of the PH to Owerri road is still a mess.

Seaport
Now there's been a lot of back and forth politics going on concerning the siting a seaport somewhere in the SE or at least, resuscitating one of the seaports in the old eastern region. I strongly believe that if we had visionary and selfless leaders who know what it means to be leaders, together with cooperation from the SS leaders, we should have been able to force out a functional seaport in the eastern zone from the successive federal governments. In the event of a failure of the FG to comply, a regional cooperation between SE and SS leaders (governors, Senators, Ministers, Reps etc.) can definitely force the FG to give an approval and a seaport can be built even if it's on a PPP basis.

Unfortunately, we only have leaders who go to Abuja as hustlers with the sole aim of lining their personal pockets, and when the blame eventually comes to them, they secretly deceive the youths that it is tribal/regional marginalisation from the other regions.

The way you sound now is exactly what the IPOB protest is design to achieve...

The protests is begining to yield results.

Kontinu!
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
VickJames:

the north have received more than enough proceeds from the south south and they should have thought about it before now. moreover, money was also gotten from different parts of the country to spare-head this project and not just the north.
of course the cocoa fields were exploited too, don't you feel one must give back to these same people from the proceeds of oil at least to please them
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by VickJames(m): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
of course the cocoa fields were exploited too, don't you feel one must give back to these same people from the proceeds of oil at least to please them

the monies, development and employment their people have been getting is enough for them. this is a pure act of laziness in their part. let the work hard to harness their potentials. nothing good comes easy.

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by VickJames(m): 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Stop deceiving yorself. We are yet to secure the kind of unity we need in Igboland.

Look at the Yorubas have opened a single thread for Yoruba common wealth but what have Igbos done? One threas is Enugu the pride of the east, another thread is Anambra state light of the nation. Instead of us to be looking at regional integration our people still see themselves as Anambra, Imo, Enugu, etc. What a shame.

You need to see the bitterness between Anambra and Imo people when they fight here. See the shame being displayed by Chino and Customized. I smh.

I am currrently doing a research on this subject matter and i will write something about it soon. this disunity of igbos got to stop

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 7:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
obailala:

There is NOTHING that cannot be achieved if a group of people UNITE in a COMMON GOAL.

Gen 11:5-9
[5] But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. [6] The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. [7] Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”
[8] So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. [9] That is why it was called Babel[c]—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

With visionary and patriotic leaders in the SE and with UNITY and COOPERATION, a seaport can be built; in fact, there is NOTHING we cannot achieve because the last time I checked, we all still spoke the same language. Unfortunately, the crop of leaders we keep producing in the SE are as clueless and as selfish as they come, and this doesn't even aid unity or cooperation.

2nd Niger Bridge
Since I was born, I have constantly heard of Igbos clamouring for the 2nd Niger Bridge (2NB) from successive administrations and it has always been used as a bait to hoodwink the Igbo nation by every single administration. So far, only GEJ came close to actualising that promise, but then, he still treacherously had to wait till 2015 elections to start the project. Furthermore, in the signed agreement for the 2NB, the proposed bridge will be tolled for 25 years when built because it is a public-private-partnership (PPP) and the FG supplies only N30bn for the project. A critical simple examination of the facts reveals that the 2NB will eventually be financed from the pockets of Igbos who mainly use the bridge.

Now let us carefully examine this project, for the past at least 20 years that Igbos have clamoured for this particular bridge, are we saying a regional cooperation of the core Igbo speaking states could not finance this project even if it is on a PPP basis?.... I know it is not ideal for states governments to take over FG responsibility, but if we carefully peruse historical records, never have I heard that a state built a federal road for instance and the FG did not pay back. Even at the height of the conflict between GEJ and Rotimi Amaechi, the FG paid back every dime which was spent by RVSG in constructing the Rivers State section of the PH to Owerri Road. That is a systematic way in which states have forced some federal projects in their domain, unfortunately the Imo state government did not think of it this way, hence the Imo axis of the PH to Owerri road is still a mess.

Seaport
Now there's been a lot of back and forth politics going on concerning the siting a seaport somewhere in the SE or at least, resuscitating one of the seaports in the old eastern region. I strongly believe that if we had visionary and selfless leaders who know what it means to be leaders, together with cooperation from the SS leaders, we should have been able to force out a functional seaport in the eastern zone from the successive federal governments. In the event of a failure of the FG to comply, a regional cooperation between SE and SS leaders (governors, Senators, Ministers, Reps etc.) can definitely force the FG to give an approval and a seaport can be built even if it's on a PPP basis.

Unfortunately, we only have leaders who go to Abuja as hustlers with the sole aim of lining their personal pockets, and when the blame eventually comes to them, they secretly deceive the youths that it is tribal/regional marginalisation from the other regions.
God will enrich your knowledge Base with more insights on this matter, you made alot of sense. Thank you. Though let's talk more on opportunities this initiatives can generate. This will help future investors and young entrepreneurs
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
VickJames:

I am currrently doing a research on this subject matter and i will write something about it soon. this disunity of igbos got to stop
I mentioned the disunity and I was branded a yoruba bastard. Thank God the truth is here , readers should see and see how I told lies on my people and thus became a yoruba man
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
VickJames:

the monies, development and employment their people have been getting is enough for them. this is a pure act of laziness in their part. let the work hard to harness their potentials. nothing good comes easy.
bros for peace and tranquillity, every party in this melee must be pacified and a middle ground sought. To secced or create nation now or implement true federalism in Nigeria without preparation will render many states even in the SE uneconomically viable. So this development also affects the SE and not just the north
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by obailala(m): 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
Zinicc:

The way you sound now is exactly what the IPOB protest is design to achieve...

The protests is begining to yield results.

Kontinu!
I beg to differ, IPOB is obviously working against this purpose by unnecessarily urging Igbos to hate Yorubas and Hausa; I cannot see the link between that and strategic cooperation which I talked about. No single nation built on hate-mongering survives or succeeds. IPOB has now got the world's attention, but I think they are wasting that attention. If only they can focus their attention on the south eastern governors, Reps, senators, ministers, LGA chairmen etc and force them to be accountable and visionary, you would be shocked at the positive effects that would bring to the SE zone. If also IPOB can use its present attention it enjoys to hold the FG by the balls to force some major development in the SE, then that would also have been noble and beneficial. But for all I see, IPOB seems to solely focus its energy on insulting Buhari and preaching hate against Yorubas and Hausas in order to win followers (I may be wrong but that is what I have observed). I see no way in which such an approach can help Igbos across Nigeria.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by dialfa: 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Anambra, Imo, Enugu, etc. are all Zoo creations imposed on us by Abbokis.
Until you guys stop judging us by our reactions to the zoo, we won't get anywhere.
Our problem is the Zoo. And the Zoo cannot solve it.

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by dialfa: 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
VickJames:

Please stop this yoruba nonsense propaganda. Where did you see disunity in Igboland?

2 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by dialfa: 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I believe that we should channel our energy in building a much stronger relationship with the Efik/Ibibio. They are the most reliable group in the niger delta that we can work with.

Don't forget that the last president of Biafra was one of the sons, the celebrated General Philip Effiong.

Maybe Efik/Ibibio should channel their energy building a much stronger relationship with us. Eh?
Why must only the Igbos make all the efforts?

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by cheruv: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, there is no need to assume. The SS have said NO to SE+SS seccession. We sympathise with you and it is my desire that the dream of every Igboman/woman is actualise but we don't subscribe to SS+SE Biafra. I think you should discuss within the context by not discarding the realities on ground.
Of course nobody is seceding with the SS...the SE and SS Igbos would go together. You as a SS non Igbo wouldn't secede with us.
Biafra is both SE Igbo and SS Igbo...

2 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by ArodeTsolaye: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
You have all spoken well, but let's look at issues objectively, even the south isn't ready as it is for true federalism, if we implemented that today, many regions will become unsustainable, a northern once posed an argument, that since groundnut money was used to develop and explore for oil, then if true federalism is proposed there must be a time gap to allow oil money to be used to develop agricultural potentials in the north to support them in the event of implementation. Now that analogy made sense to him, but something in it made sense to me, only a fool tests the depth of a river by jumping into it, this is why I am and have never been an ipob agitator because I prefer to plan first, analyse risks and come up with acceptable benefits before embarking on an endeavour. This is synonymous to testing the waters with one foot first, what I am saying is that, even before federalism or no federalism the peoples of each region are supposed to be equipped with concrete sustainability initiatives first, where such initiatives would be financed through the methods we are currently running, and after a period of time we may now propose true federalism or seccesion of states. This thread is meant to propose concrete plans on sustainable initiatives in the south East, that would make true federalism or seccesion a supporting factor to its growth and development

Tell that Abokki that whatever money oil people owed groundnut people have been repaid back to groundnut people a 100 folds. How many years did 50% of his groundnut feed the centere and but today he has been drinking more than 87%of other people's oil for more than 40 years.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
dialfa:

Maybe Efik/Ibibio should channel their energy building a much stronger relationship with us. Eh?
Why must only the Igbos make all the efforts?

Why are you guys like this?@this your attitude is part of the bane of Ndiigbo. Are we not the ones at the centre of it all?

What would it cost to reach out to these people? You may not agree but this is what I call ridiculous pride and has been greatly responsible for our undoing in Nigeria.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by cheruv: 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
my broda you talk well........cant biafra just be five SE states?.....why SS?
Kos Igbos are in the SS too
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by tonychristopher: 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The longest thread in nairaland that has been on for years is proudly Igbo
And they are in Igbo language

What is difficult and bad discussing about units ..its the units that makes a whole

Mechie onu biko

6 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
cheruv:

Of course nobody is seceding with the SS...the SE and SS Igbos would go together. You as a SS non Igbo wouldn't secede with us.
Biafra is both SE Igbo and SS Igbo...

Correct. This is the map that should be circulated going forward until others indicate their willingness so that these people can stop calling us expansionists.

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Eddygourdo(m): 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Tell that Abokki that whatever money oil people owed groundnut people have been repaid back to groundnut people a 100 folds. How many years did 50% of his groundnut feed the centere and but today he has been drinking more than 87%of other people's oil for more than 40 years.
true but for peace sake how do u justify a secession presently without stepping on toes. There must always be a peaceful means to an end, can you tell me a peaceful solution to federalism or seccesion
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by tonychristopher: 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Why are you guys like this?@this your attitude is part of the bane of Ndiigbo. Are we not the ones at the centre of it all?

What would it cost to reach out to these people? You may not agree but this is what I call ridiculous pride and has been greatly responsible for our undoing in Nigeria.

Why are you antagonist

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

The longest thread in nairaland that has been on for years is proudly Igbo
And they are in Igbo language

What is difficult and bad discussing about units ..its the units that makes a whole

Mechie onu biko

Ezioku natuilu loonu.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
@Cheruv, please create a thread and circulate that new map so that people can stop calling us land grabber. We are not forcing any 'We ss' people so that the likes of tonyebarcanista can see.

Pls tag me when you do.
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by backtosender: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
zendy:
'Chukwu gozie umu-Igbo'

I don't think this thread is particularly necessary. Federalism is never coming back to Nigeria. How does anyone think that the Northerners will ever allow federal fiscal policy, resource contol and regional autonomy which are the hallmarks of federalism to return? The North are immensely benefiting from the curreny unitary system that is dragging Nigeria back into the stone ages. The need this unitary system like fish needs water and they will fight to keep it as it is. The only way back federalism is the secession of all Igbos and the minorities that agree with us, possibly into a confederation.
thank you
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by dialfa: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Because azota ani first before azoba ute. Igboland freedom first, then anybody that wants to join us, we will negociate. We can't go crawling to Efik people. Were is our pride?

1 Like

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

Why are you antagonist

How? By saying that we should build stronger ties with the people of the man who was the last president of Biafra?
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
dialfa:

Because azota ani first before azoba ute. Igboland freedom first, then anybody that wants to join us, we will negociate. We can't go crawling to Efik people. Were is our pride?

I have my pride intact but not ridiculous pride.

How is reaching out to the people of the man who produced Biafra's last president crawling biko
Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by ArodeTsolaye: 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
Eddygourdo:
true but for peace sake how do u justify a secession presently without stepping on toes. There must always be a peaceful means to an end, can you tell me a peaceful solution to federalism or seccesion

I ask you to stay on your own while i stay on mine, that means i am stepping on your toes? The blackman really has a big problem.

The solution is simple. A referendum just like the scottish did, unfortunately the blackman loves complicating simple things.

2 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
obailala:
I beg to differ, IPOB is obviously working against this purpose by unnecessarily urging Igbos to hate Yorubas and Hausa; I cannot see the link between that and strategic cooperation which I talked about. No single nation built on hate-mongering survives or succeeds. IPOB has now got the world's attention, but I think they are wasting that attention. If only they can focus their attention on the south eastern governors, Reps, senators, ministers, LGA chairmen etc and force them to be accountable and visionary, you would be shocked at the positive effects that would bring to the SE zone. If also IPOB can use its present attention it enjoys to hold the FG by the balls to force some major development in the SE, then that would also have been noble and beneficial. But for all I see, IPOB seems to solely focus its energy on insulting Buhari and preaching hate against Yorubas and Hausas in order to win followers (I may be wrong but that is what I have observed). I see no way in which such an approach can help Igbos across Nigeria.

Is nice how you quickly vindicate every other person invovle in this whole issue while pointing at the IPOB like the only monster of the story.

Believe it or not..everybode has insulted everybody in this country.

When I completed my NYSC and was searching for job....I was innocent of all these drags, without any slightest idea of what was going on...the first job attempt was in a firm owned by a yoruba man, on my getting to the offíce as directed by the employment consultant....i submitted my cV with the secretary and when she saw my name, she quickly told me to pray because she know her Oga has phobia for igbos and may likely not accept me.....but as naive as I was, I ignored her and waited for my turn only to confirm how right she was during my interview with this Oga. Don't worry about that experience shaa....that was a long time ago and it was a blessing to me anyway because after that day my life was completely changed for the testimony that I am today.

But what I am saying here is all you are seeing today are as a result of long time divide and rule technique our so called leader has been infesting on.
Everyone is wrong here and blames should not be directed to one person or group.

2 Likes

Re: Mature Igbo Minds.. ..... Let's Mingle by dialfa: 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I have my pride intact but not ridiculous pride.

How is reaching out to the people of the man who produced Biafra's last president crawling biko

Because it takes two to tango.

If you are reaching out to someone that keeps ignoring you, you have no pride, ridiculous or otherwise.
Right now, Igbos first.
When it becomes in the interest of Igbos to reach out to some people we will do that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Talk Of Cabal Running Buhari’s Govt Is A Mere Myth – Tinubu / Anyone Operating From Pdp Hq Is Talking Nonsense — Femi Adesina / Falana: Lagos Parking Levy Illegal, Should Be Withdrawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.