Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border (71539 Views)

3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone / Breaking News: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet For Violating Its Airspace / Moscow Summons UK Attache Over Claims RAF Licensed To Down Russian Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:
I told you lot that NATO is not united. grin

Update from Greece:

The downing of the Russian jet has sparked grave concerns in Greece, Turkey’s neighbour and for years its Nato rival, reports Helena Smith in Athens.

Diplomats are expressing thinly disguised alar. In a country, which frequently complains of Turkish fighter jets both violating and buzzing Greek airspace over the Aegean, the shooting of the SU-24 is being described by diplomats in private “as an extremely serious incident” that has prompted “high concern.”

“This is the first time since the beginning of the cold war that a member of NATO destroys a Russian military aircraft,” said one. “It is an extremely serious incident. There is high concern [in Athens].”

^^^That's how everyone in Europe will wash their hands off Turkey and leave Erdogan to deal with his madness by himself.
Nato isn't united? Lolzz yes Nato isn't united but if Russia thinks that they can capitalise on this, then they are making a huge mistake. Russia won't be so stupid to nuke Turkey just because Nato is not United. I don't expect this to coming from you at all
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by AZeD1(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

He's just being politically correct with caution before they establish what happened. And he made that statement before the video of the dead Russian pilot went viral.

Arming the Kurds is a long term project. They'll retaliate soon cos Turkish jets violate the Syrian airspace all the time.

I'm waiting for Putin's speech.
This bold part is a given, an incursion by the Turks would be disastrous. They won't even get a warning.

Although the Turkish ambassador to the US is talking tough. Have you seen his tweet? Its up there in the link someone posted.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:
I told you lot that NATO is not united. grin

Update from Greece:

The downing of the Russian jet has sparked grave concerns in Greece, Turkey’s neighbour and for years its Nato rival, reports Helena Smith in Athens.

Diplomats are expressing thinly disguised alar. In a country, which frequently complains of Turkish fighter jets both violating and buzzing Greek airspace over the Aegean, the shooting of the SU-24 is being described by diplomats in private “as an extremely serious incident” that has prompted “high concern.”

“This is the first time since the beginning of the cold war that a member of NATO destroys a Russian military aircraft,” said one. “It is an extremely serious incident. There is high concern [in Athens].”

^^^That's how everyone in Europe will wash their hands off Turkey and leave Erdogan to deal with his madness by himself.

According to mazeltov of nairaland...You can just shoot down a plane because it violated your airspace.

Of course everyone in the world know that Russia has every right to go to war with Turkey ( even though most people including me think they won't) but if they do NATO will be split on suport
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by sanmibukunmi: 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Turkey did this on purpose..... but I don't think Putin will do anything. I just pity the lives the pilots.... and besides reports have it that the planes crashed in Syrian territory so I don't understand how they violated it.. or maybe the planes skipped into Syria after they had been shot... what ever way, there won't be war except big another plane is shot down.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
Nato isn't united? Lolzz yes Nato isn't united but if Russia thinks that they can capitalise on this, then they are making a huge mistake. Russia won't be so stupid to nuke Turkey just because Nato is not United. I don't expect this to coming from you at all

Is Greece part of NATO - yes or no? Why are the Greeks trying to wash their hands off the incident?

Do you believe France will go to war with Russia over Turkey, the same France that can't stand Turkey?

5 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:

You talk about nuke like buns.

War does not have to go nuclear. Nuking a country becuase they shoot down your jet is war crime.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Is Greece part of NATO - yes or no? Why are the Greeks trying to wash their hands off the incident?

Do you believe France will go to war with Russia over Turkey, the same France that can't stand Turkey?

The politics of europe is complex. Russia and Greece bound by orthodox christianity.

If war happen over this foolish Turkish act...Europe will become mediators....they won't join the war

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by omenka(m): 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
This has nothing to do with World war III; you guys should stop promoting irrelevances. Sukhoi-24 was shot down by American supplied F-16 and so? With what I have been reading on nairaland, it seems everybody wants to be in his bedroom or viewing center and be watching 3rd world war on plasma t.v
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Turkish jets violate Syrian airspace all the time to bomb the Kurds. And since Russia has s400s in Syria, they can easily shoot down those planes. Putin can't let it slide - he's a man known for showing leadership and someone needs to teach the crazed Erdogan a lesson. Then you have the home-front - Russian won't let it slide.

Europe will never go to war over Turkey. Turkey is a US project, and there's a reason why Turkey was never allowed to join the EU - despite pleas from the US. Funny enough, France, the only strong European country that's active in Syria right now and Turkey don't see eye-to-eye. France also happens to be the biggest Turkey-hater in Europe and the country that blocks everything concerning Turkey in Europe.

Only the US might be dragged into it - and I know the US wants war with Russia. Sabre rattling and posturing - that's where it will end.
Russian has not supplied S-400 to Syria right now even if they do, American has shipped F-22 to a base in Qatar. You know the deal
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
AZeD1:

This bold part is a given, an incursion by the Turks would be disastrous. They won't even get a warning.

Although the Turkish ambassador to the US is talking tough. Have you seen his tweet? Its up there in the link someone posted.

They don't need to invade Turkey. They will most likely shoot down Turkish jets and even the score, but it's going to be greater than one.

Obviously, the Turkish ambassador to the US will talk tough just like Saakashvili did during the Georgian war. But when he realises that all the US can do is sabre rattling, he'll start crying and begging like Saakashvili did.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
Russian has not supplied S-400 to Syria right now even if they do, American has shipped F-22 to a base in Qatar. You know the deal

F-22? - don't let me laugh. grin

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
belabela:

You talk about nuke like buns.

War does not have to go nuclear. Nuking a country becuase they shoot down your jet is war crime.

and how do Russia intend to retaliate? How would Russia fly fighter jet and bomb a nato state without resulting to nuclear war. Please think ahead
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
belabela:

The politics of europe is complex. Russia and Greece bound by orthodox christianity.

If war happen over this foolish Turkish act...Europe will become mediators....they won't join the war

Don't mind these folks.

They think Europe will go to war and lose millions over some crazed Erdogan, that they never allowed to join the EU. grin
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
“It is very bad news for Turkey that a Russian jet was shot down. Putin will not leave this unanswered, he might retaliate in different ways, for example by cutting off Turkey’s natural gas supply from Russia over the winter. He might also choose to reply in kind, in a similarly aggressive manner in Syria. But one thing is certain: Putin will not stand for this, we have difficult days ahead of us.”
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 1:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

F-22? - don't let me laugh. grin

Yes please laugh. Tell me how S-400 intend to shot down F-22. I could remember how Putin was pissing in his pant when he heard that F-22 has been supplied to Europe. Please laugh very well

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
and how do Russia intend to retaliate? How would Russia fly fighter jet and bomb a nato state without resulting to nuclear war. Please think ahead

That's not for me to think but Russia. meanwhile US just washed their hands off the incident as UK is describing it as "very serious".

US official says US forces were not involved in incident involving Turkish shoot-down of Russian military aircraft - @Reuters

You dont just shoot down aircarft

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
Yes please laugh. Tell me how S-400 intend to shot down F-22. I could remember how Putin was pissing in his pant when he heard that F-22 has been supplied to Europe. Please laugh very well

Please, talk about a proper and tested jet - not some toy with oxygen problems.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by citizenisb: 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
Update: President Putin says Russian fighter jet was downed on Syrian territory 4km from Turkish border - @Reuters

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
Putin describes incident as a 'stab in the back'
Vladimir Putin said the loss of the jet “is a stab in the back,
carried out by the accomplices of terrorists”. In his first
comments on the incident he said: “I can’t describe it in any
other way.”
The Russian President said the jet was downed 4km inside
Syria . He claimed the pilots were not a threat.
He claimed that large amount of oil from militants in Syria
end up in Syria.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Day dreaminig? Lolzz. Is Britain part of Nato or not? Answer me. What did Russia do when Britain shot down Russian jet. You don't understand Nato's structure. A war with Nato is not a wat with France or Greece. Nato has its own soldiers and weapons under the trigger of united states. It's not about isolating a country
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
Day dreaminig? Lolzz. Is Britain part of Nato or not? Answer me. What did Russia do when Britain shot down Russian jet. You don't understand Nato's structure. A war with Nato is not a wat with France or Greece. Nato has its own soldiers and weapons under the trigger of united states. It's not about isolating a country

When did Britain shoot down Russian jet?

3 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 2:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:

Where/when did the UK shoot down a Russian jet?
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

The kid is hallucinating

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
Putin describes incident as a 'stab in the back'

Vladimir Putin said the loss of the jet “is a stab in the back, carried out by the accomplices of terrorists”. In his first comments on the incident he said: “I can’t describe it in any other way.”

The Russian President said the jet was downed 4km inside Syria. He claimed the pilots were not a threat.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Please, talk about a proper and tested jet - not some toy with oxygen problems.
that is the easiest way of boycotting fact in an argument. Russia S-400 is only a threat to fourth generation jet like F-16, S-35 e.t.c.
Fifth generation jets like Russian Tu-150 and F-22 or B-2 are relatively safe.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
belabela:

The kid is hallucinating

Lool.

A lot of them are just kids who watch too much hollywood movies.

The RAF are very professional and they understand the rules of engagement and how to de-escalate things.

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

is that an answer to my question?
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
belabela:

When did Britain shoot down Russian jet?
this question shows that you are simply ignorant. Naff off please
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
that is the easiest way of boycotting fact in an argument. Russia S-400 is only a threat to fourth generation jet like F-16, S-35 e.t.c.
Fifth generation jets like Russian Tu-150 and F-22 or B-2 are relatively safe.

Lool.

But is there even anything called "5th gen jets" since they were/are all utter failures and nothing stealthy about the ones produced?

F-22 is a fancy 4.5th gen jets with oxygen problems and it has never been tested in combat. Waste of money.

If an obsolete SAM could shoot down US' F-117 Nighthawk stealth bomber over Serbia, the s400 will destroy F-22 before it leaves its base. And that's if the oxygen problem doesn't kill the pilot. grin

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 2:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
belabela:

That's not for me to think but Russia. meanwhile US just washed their hands off the incident as UK is describing it as "very serious".

US official says US forces were not involved in incident involving Turkish shoot-down of Russian military aircraft - @Reuters

You dont just shoot down aircarft
lolzz. Ok. I won't argue with you again until Russia retaliate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) / Why North Korea 'Ghost Ships' Wash Up In Japan Full Of Dead Bodies (Pics) / Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.