Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,169 members, 7,807,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border (71538 Views)

3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone / Breaking News: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet For Violating Its Airspace / Moscow Summons UK Attache Over Claims RAF Licensed To Down Russian Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by neocortex: 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
Idrismusty97:
What would Russia do? Nuke Turkey? Turkey is a NATO member, An attack on them would draw all the other NATO members. Russia would be careful with their approach, this isn't the time to escalate matter. Putin should just focus on ISIS and Syria, thats more important. The West are just trying to draw away his attention, Russia shouldn't take the bait. Turkey is in a delicate position now, A civil war could erupt any time. They would regret this action in time, Russia would greatly fund and armed any rebel group that may rise against Erdogan and Turkey(The Kurds comes to mind). It would be a proxy war. And Turkey should kiss goodbye to ever violating Syria airspace again, They are use to that. Even if Turkey violate Syria airspace by an inch, Kaboom! cheesy

Well judging from this Putin speech it seems this would escalate. Putin decides to take the bait, Turkey is in for real shît!

Such insult! They down a Russian jet and turn to NATO to discuss the incident? Screw proxy war and NATO, Russia should completely obliterate that terrorist country! Damn the consequences.

I guess you are one of those touting the "invincibility"
of putin after he he started his bombing campaign in Syria.

There is one thing you are missing, the first "light" attacker
usually goes scot free e.g North vs South korea.

The highest Russia will do is try to get a commitment of no
future shut downs from Turkey, nothing more.

Putin can do nothing to Turkey.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
bonechamberlain:
the cia is over hyped, (thanks to America's media power) they are just as effective as Israeli mossad and Russia's fsb.

KGB
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 2:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
Sorry for late reply, iam busy here.
Shymm3x:
It's obvious you don't know what the hell you're yapping about. How can you say a jet is "5th gen" and in the same sentence say "its stealth capability is 4th gen" - isn't that an oxymoron? And what's stealthy about 4th gen jets cos I don't know any 4th gen jets with stealth capabilities?
I knew that aspect would subject your mind into some kinda confusion. Yes a jet can be fifth generation while its stealth capability would be 4th generation. Every fighter jet receives upgrading each year. The stealth capability of 2009 aircraft may not be as sophisticated as 2019 fighter jet. The stealth capability of F-35 is considered to be more advance than F-22 even though F-35 is just a piece of metal. They call it grading and upgrading. F-22 is considered to be 5th tech but grading its stealth capability, it is 4th tech. Although stealth doesn't mean that the jet can't be seen, it's just a plus to an aircraft. I hope that has answered your question.

Shymm3x:
Also, can you list all the combats the F-22 has been involved in? To determine how effective a jet is, it has to have combat experience.
F-22 has been used to bomb ISIS base in Syria before, Yes this is not a proven test against highly sophisticated Surface-to-air missiles like S-400 - , just as S-400 has not been tested against advanced fighter jets like F-22. What makes people believe that S-400 is the most advanced SAM in the world? How many combats has it been used? This is what we read from an official and reliable news media or sometimes during testing. Base on the availble specs, S-400 celing range is not beyond 400km and guess what? F-22 is above 830km.
Shymm3x:
Anyway, I'm also waiting for the date and place where the RAF shot down a Russian jet like you claimed. Don't run away now.
in syria and all what Russia could do was to demand explanation. You can go and read more about it and confirm if I am lying. I don't have time for story telling

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by CSTR2: 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
which protest? Lolzz.
Please be guided accordingly, Turkey is not like Biafra here in Nigeria oo or probably you are thinking Turkey is like ISIS that Russia can just bomb anytime.
Every nation has the right to protect its airspace. Nigeria has the right to shot down any american Jet that violates our airspace. Contrary to your opinion, Even Russia wouldn't make any mistake of attacking Turkey just because they think that Nato is divided - An attack on Turkey is an attack on United state and every Nato country which violated article 5 of 1949 Nato treaty.
You should be ashamed for bringing Biafra a Nigerian occupied territory into this discourse.
If biafra had its independence since 1967 with its initial promise, I would put a lot more trust in it defending my airspace than Nigeria.
Nigeria can't even stop Chadian airforce from violating its airspace.

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
Sorry for late reply, iam busy here.
I knew that aspect would subject your mind into some kinda confusion. Yes a jet can be fifth generation while its stealth capability would be 4th generation. Every fighter jet receives upgrading each year. The stealth capability of 2009 aircraft may not be as sophisticated as 2019 fighter jet. The stealth capability of F-35 is considered to be more advance than F-22 even though F-35 is just a piece of metal. They call it grading and upgrading. F-22 is considered to be 5th tech but grading its stealth capability, it is 4th tech. Although stealth doesn't mean that the jet can't be seen, it's just a plus to an aircraft. I hope that has answered your question.

in syria and all what Russia could do was to demand explanation. You can go and read more about it and confirm if I am lying. I don't have time for story telling

Huh?

1). Define 4th gen stealth by citing 4th gen jets with stealth capabilities.

2). Cite reports and post links of the date and place where the UK shot down a Russian fighter jet. Claiming an event happened when it never happened is a stain on the class/professionalism of the RAF (Royal Air Force). British military is known for professionalism, adhering to the rules of engagement, and de-escalation where necessary. So you have to provide links.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Truckpusher(m): 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Stop trolling. grin
grin grin you be Yeye boy.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
neocortex:

I guess you are one of those touting the "invincibility"
of putin after he he started his bombing campaign in Syria.

There is one thing you are missing, the first "light" attacker
usually goes scot free e.g North vs South korea.

The highest Russia will do is try to get a commitment of no
future shut downs from Turkey, nothing more.

Putin can do nothing to Turkey.
this is what I have been telling them since. The likes of shymmex and co will be sitting in their rooms watching t.v and then be expecting Russia to attack Turkey then they will come back here and open another thread.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by sapientia(m): 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
This has nothing to do with World war III; you guys should stop promoting irrelevances. Sukhoi-24 was shot down by American supplied F-16 and so? With what I have been reading on nairaland, it seems everybody wants to be in his bedroom or viewing center and be watching 3rd world war on plasma t.v

I tell you bro.. But it aint so.. It could mean the end of the world as we know it..

People wishing for 3rd world war is weird
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by viktor01(m): 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Erdogan.

The antichrist.

To invade Israel Syria in a short while. Watch how isiah Ezekiel and Daniel unfolds....

Will conquer Syria, Damascus . Form an alliance with Iran, Libya, Sudan to occupy Syria first then proceed to fight Israel.... Erdogan hates Israel anyway so its looking like it
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by neocortex: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
DONBROTHER1:

Let us just hope that the Russian aircraft really violate the turkish airspace after a proper investigation has been made, then nothing will happen. But if it is a miscaculation from the Turkey military, like one of the poster above "then u will know how NATO is divided".

Even if there was no airspace violation, I can bet anything
that Russia will do nothing.
I am assuming that Putin is wise enough to spot a distraction
if he sees one.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ganjafama:
Russia will not do anything. It's all noise. You think Russia will go bombing Turkey? If they do that, that would signal WW3. The worst they'll do is shout and rant.

They have many options to do things. More likely they will act with the death of a pilot and the loss of one of their helicopters on search and rescue. More so the plane was shot over syria not Turkey.

I don't think it will lead to world war but then you can never know. Silly deaths along the austria-hungary border led to world war 2
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Huh?

1). Define 4th gen stealth by citing 4th gen jets with stealth capabilities.

2). Cite reports and post links of the date and place where the UK shot down a Russian fighter jet. Claiming an event happened when it never happened is a stain on the class/professionalism of the RAF (Royal Air Force). British military is known for professionalism, adhering to the rules of engagement, and de-escalation where necessary. So you have to provide links.
your phone can browse right?
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Kalvan: 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
This has nothing to do with World war III; you guys should stop promoting irrelevances. Sukhoi-24 was shot down by American supplied F-16 and so? With what I have been reading on nairaland, it seems everybody wants to be in his bedroom or viewing center and be watching 3rd world war on plasma t.v

grin
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
your phone can browse right?

Lmao.

Isn't it now obvious that you pulled everything you posited out of ya arse, just like everything else most of you propagandists spam this forum with?

Rather than shut up when you have no clue, you won't.

6 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
CSTR2:
You should be ashamed for bringing Biafra a Nigerian occupied territory into this discourse.
If biafra had its independence since 1967 with its initial promise, I would put a lot more trust in it defending my airspace than Nigeria.
Nigeria can't even stop Chadian airforce from violating its airspace.
Yes you have a point. It seems you have turn Biafra to your God when it cannot be used in an argument to describe an event. See how you have enslaved your mentality.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by standout5: 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
It's understood Russia is in the field to support the Assad regime of Syria.
Turkey may soon will drag his country into much deeper conflict with the mighty powerful Russia led by Vladimir Putin, as consequence he may pay heavy price for his stupidity.
Anyone who has really been paying attention knows that Turkey has been supporting ISIS all along. This simply confirms it.
They were shipping weapons to ISIS / DAESH with money from the west from the start. Then when the west realized they had created ISIS / DAESH and it was worse than Assad we sat back and did nothing. Turkey kept funding the "rebels." Now Russia are stopping the illegal
flow of oil to Turkey, they shoot down Russia planes. We see what is really going on now.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by alexis007(m): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
Promhize:
“It is very bad news for Turkey that a Russian jet was shot down. Putin will not leave this unanswered, he might retaliate in different ways, for example by cutting off Turkey’s natural gas supply from Russia over the winter. He might also choose to reply in kind, in a similarly aggressive manner in Syria. But one thing is certain: Putin will not stand for this, we have difficult days ahead of us.”
Your last sentence please, "we have difficult days ahead of us"

Are you Russian?
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao.

Isn't it now obvious that you pulled everything you posited out of ya arse, just like everything else most of you propagandists spam this forum with?

Rather than shut up when you have no clue, you won't.
Propagandist? Lolz. After all, I don't swim in the ocean of illusion, sit my ass down and then waiting for Russia to attack Turkey. I don't deceive myself thinking that an on a Turkey state would mean nothing to all other Nato state just becaise they are divided.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Shymm3x: 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
mazeltov:
Propagandist? Lolz. After all, I don't swim in the ocean of illusion, sit my ass down and then waiting for Russia to attack Turkey. I don't deceive myself thinking that an on a Turkey state would mean nothing to all other Nato state just becaise they are divided.

Stop trying to deflect the fact that you posted outright lies and pulled tripe out of ya arse. grin

You have been exposed - deal with it.

If I were you, I'll leave the thread and stop posting. grin

7 Likes

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by knightsTempler: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
Interesting step by the ISIS loving Turks. Is this a deliberate act to justifiy the US and the UN into this pre-amble to a new cold war? Weapons manufacturers will be laughing all the way to the bank - BIG profits in scaremongering.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by tonychristopher: 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by alexis007(m): 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
chrisbaba1:
Erdogan.

The antichrist.

To invade Israel Syria in a short while. Watch how isiah Ezekiel and Daniel unfolds....

Will conquer Syria, Damascus . Form an alliance with Iran, Libya, Sudan to occupy Syria first then proceed to fight Israel.... Erdogan hates Israel anyway so its looking like it
Everything must be linked to the Bible.

Bros, are you serious?So it's no longer Obama again

Next time I watch Erdogan on t.v., I would look out for horns on his head and the 'mark' on his forehead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Stop trying to deflect the fact that you posted outright lies and pulled tripe out of ya arse. grin

You have been exposed - deal with it.

If I were you, I'll leave the thread and stop posting. grin
all what you are expecting me to do is to sit you down on a chair and be telling you stories. Until you learn how to make research on your own you will always view anything that doesn't correlate with your perspective as propaganda. Keep it up
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by knightsTempler: 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
My guess is that they don't want to wake upto this. NATO have resented Russia for the airstrikes in Syria ever since they began because their sole purpose is to remove ISIS - the West's pet project and its' puppet for removing Assad. You would have thought that the atrocities in Egypt and France would have united Russia and the West, yet it seems the West still don't want to heed Russia's call for a coalition against ISIS. This is what this is about - fighting over ego and prestiege and ensuring ISIS remains around just long enough to do their dirty work for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by fizzy94(m): 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
ticking:
Rid the world of islamists like Buhari and it will be a safer place.
Gullible person
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by onelife97: 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
bonechamberlain:

why would he step down, who instigated the crisis in his country, was it not the west because the dint want him. Assad has always said he would step down if Syrians don't need him again and not some rag rag rebels and terrorist sponsored by America and its allies.

Don't mind them,some people don't know anything about world politics because they have been brainwashed by the msm like bbc,cnn that locates somalia in Nigeria.

I remember when the Libya turmoil was going on b4 they killed Gaddahfi.I was arguing with one of my brainwashed supposedly learned friend(actualy my best friend)about what could happen in Libya and Africa at large should Muammar got killed.We nearly fought abt this arguement\conversation...After few years,I was right.We see what is really happenning in Libya and Africa.
When Gaddahfi was killed,the Libyan arsenal was open to all,the effect we are seeing today in Northeastern Nigeria.
We should really put the blaming of boko haram on western policies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
alexis007:
Your last sentence please, "we have difficult days ahead of us"

Are you Russian?

It was a quote sir
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 3:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
searching4l0ve:
[s][/s]

stop spewing trash you bastard. your english is terrible and incoherent. fool
tell shymme3x how Amrican patriot missile that is not even sophisticated turned Russian Su-24 into a scrap metal

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by malele(m): 3:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lool.

But is there even anything called "5th gen jets" since they were/are all utter failures and nothing stealthy about the ones produced?

F-22 is a fancy 4.5th gen jets with oxygen problems and it has never been tested in combat. Waste of money.

If an obsolete SAM could shoot down US' F-117 Nighthawk stealth bomber over Serbia, the s400 will destroy F-22 before it leaves its base. And that's if the oxygen problem doesn't kill the pilot. grin

F22 was used in Syria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) / Why North Korea 'Ghost Ships' Wash Up In Japan Full Of Dead Bodies (Pics) / Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.