Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,442 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:28 PM

7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve (1118 Views)

Young And Unmarried Girls Wearing Wedding Rings. / Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! / Categories Of Ladies Who Do Not Deserve 'No-Sex Relationships' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by prettydynamic: 11:36am On Nov 24, 2015
I heard the word ‘parody’ for the first time when I wrote a highly opinionated article for a top personal development blog in the U.S earlier this year. Just like I expected, some of the blog readers felt threatened and they asked for my head. Others thought the article was a parody so they kept their cool.

That article wasn’t a parody, but this one is. So please don’t crucify me in the comment section. Rather, relax and enjoy my first real attempt at parody.

Below is my tongue-in-cheek list of seven things every not-yet married woman does not deserve.

A flourishing career
Please, please and please, you do not have any business looking for a job, let alone keeping one. Your major reason for existence is to get married and bear someone’s children. This purpose should not be jeopardized for any reason.
Fine, we can tolerate you having and keeping a job, but please, why on earth should you aim for a promotion? Why should you even desire a raise? This is the main reason you are no longer focused on your single major purpose: getting married.
Resign if you have to. Reject that promotion too. You do not deserve to have a flourishing career, period. Wanna know why? Of course it is because you are not yet married, durrh.

Happiness in any form
What the heck are you smiling at? What on earth is the reason behind those 32 set of white teeth I see you flashing around? Listen up babe; you do not deserve to be happy if you have not yet said ‘I do’. You should be sad, perpetually crying, and mourning your miserable not-yet-married state.
Save all that smile, laughter and joy for the day you finally get married. Until then, you shouldn’t be happy, period.

A car
Are you fu**ing kidding me? Who on earth told you to buy a car? Listen up babe; I’m here to tell you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Sell that car or give it out immediately. You are single goddamnit! It doesn’t matter where you are working (why on earth are you even working? Please read the first point again), it doesn’t matter how much you earn too.
You don’t deserve to even learn how to drive a car till you get married. And the same goes for any other ‘luxury’ like flying or travelling abroad.
Investments, especially landed properties.

Did I just hear you say you want to buy a property? Jeez! What is wrong with you! Are you married? No! Then No, you shouldn’t make that investment!

I don’t even know how you managed to have all that money in the first place. Or did you not read the first point about you not having a flourishing career? Fine let’s assume you have already broken that all important rule, but please don’t make things worse by investing that money.
What you should do is keep it in an account and finally wait for the lucky dude that will come and rescue you from your not-yet married state. For marrying and rescuing you, he deserves to be rewarded with all your savings.

A second degree or any form of advanced learning.

Wait a minute sister; have you completely lost your mind? Did you just say you want to get a second degree and do a professional course? Oh, you even want to do it abroad?
Are you crazy? Is it not bad enough that you even got a first degree without getting married?
The problem is that you have not yet understood that getting married is the sole reason for your existence. If you did, you would not consider any form of higher learning until it happens.

Your own apartment
Oh my God! Someone should wake me up from this nightmare. You wanna rent your own apartment when you haven’t gotten married? Wait, you even want to buy the house? My dear, e be like say dem dey follow you from village o!
If your parents don’t live in the same town with you, squat with a relative. I don’t care if it takes you three hours to get to work, bear it gallantly like an honourable single woman that understands her purpose.

Any form of luxury or celebration.
You just celebrated your birthday last week, and you had fun, abi? You then went further to buy a plasma TV and an accompanying home theater set. As if those are not enough, you are even using a tablet and an expensive phone.
Listen up dear; if John Lewis or Mark Spencer is not your husband’s name, you shouldn’t be wearing his shoe or using his handbag. You should be managing life until your ‘knight in starched agbada’ comes to rescue you.
Lastly, are there other things you think I left out? Let’s discuss in the comment section.
In case you missed the introduction, this is a parody. It’s a tongue-in-cheek article with an exaggerated form of sarcasm.

My conclusion: I believe and preach that life is meant to be lived and not existed in. That means that nothing should stop you from living your best life at any point in time. Waiting for a perfect time, condition or person before you give your best shot at life is an anomalous anathema. Don’t fall for that trap. Live your best life now!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 24, 2015
This is total crap... Prettythicksme deserves all dis
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by naijaboiy: 11:40am On Nov 24, 2015
Nice one. Most people may not get it.
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 24, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
This is total crap... Prettythicksme deserves all dis
Wen will ur craze end? grin
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 24, 2015
prettythicksme:
after we depart from d altar
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by prestige2013: 11:46am On Nov 24, 2015
Success attracts Successes.
Inasmuch am successful in what I do I ought to live big and so goes to the Lady but not with ego. What will happened to the money she had? throw it to the lagoon- Live Life without pride with the resources u have. Your right man will come.

I sensed loss of Purpose on Earth, so a lady primary assignment is just to procreate- I wonder the foundation you are laying down for yourself and your unborn generation.

Ohhh, This another PARODY too.
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by Erukumakanaki: 11:46am On Nov 24, 2015
And if i have my own apartment, come and demolish it na. undecided
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by robosky02(m): 11:47am On Nov 24, 2015
NO MIND the attention seeker

prettythicksme:
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 24, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
undecided undecided
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by robosky02(m): 11:50am On Nov 24, 2015
she don depart from ... shrine since

lol

CUMPOLICE01:
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 24, 2015
robosky02:
she don depart from ... shrine since

lol

na ginawest be dat dnt mind her.... She took my money to an herbalist.. . cry cry... ..
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by Tallesty1(m): 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
naijaboiy:
Nice one. Most people may not get it.
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by BrightEye(m): 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
I dnt get u op...
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by ginawest(f): 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
na ginawest be dat dnt mind her.... She took my money to an herbalist.. . cry cry... ..
bia,what did ginawest do to you?
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
You know Linda Ikeja can give you a job and change your life. She is single!

So yes! Op, you need a life.

This is 2015. Women are not slaves. The same life given to you is given to them. The same 2 hands and 2 legs you have is given to them.. so nothing makes you any different. A woman owns a multi-million mansion and all you can boast of is your NL account(prove me wrong). Get a life man.. build a nice career for yourself.

Then enjoy the gift of nature... women
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by Slimzjoe(m): 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
Strahovski:
You know Linda Ikeja can give you a job and change your life. She is single!

So yes! Op, you need a life.

This is 2015. Women are not slaves. The same life given to you is given to them. The same 2 hands and 2 legs you have is given to them.. so nothing makes you any different. A woman owns a multi-million mansion and all you can boast of is your NL account(prove me wrong). Get a life man.. build a nice career for yourself.

Then enjoy the gift of nature... women

You obviously Did not Understand the Post
smiley
Re: 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve by Olasco93: 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
@ prettydynamic well done. It was really a nice 'Parody' indeed.

I know some would not understant what OP is trying to say just because ''they only read to Judge and Comment''

(1) (Reply)

What Would U Do If You Were In This Situation / How Do I Politely Ask For A Three Some / Why Do People Stay In Abusive Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.