Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) (38780 Views)

Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out / Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy / Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by busyfishing(m): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Grossly gross...too bad
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by greatricky: 6:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
Big boiz stay off camp.
All those dirty boiz n girls wey no fit wash dia privates well,go come dey form swagg.

Whatay Big Shame to oau.

End Time School&Hostel
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by HastaCuando(m): 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
What an eye sour....Sorry to the poor ones who can afford rent outside.

https://www.nairaland.com/2759300/federal-government-bea-scholarship-students
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by UdekeJ(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
Next time when you 're comparing ,place the two items you are comparing side by side so that readers will be able to contribute meaningfully. But in this case since you have judged the prison to be better ,it's like you all relocate to prison for fairness!
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by ritzybaby(f): 9:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
Kenzico:
SMH.....Nigerian education system is nothing to write home about!
End time hostel
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by horllyma(m): 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
moscobabs:

have u been to prison before?
the sory is true. The last time I went dere for exam bedbug bite me. Couldn't sleep that night.
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Napoleone(m): 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
viviangist2:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/feature/prisons-better-than-our-hostels-oau-students/120709.html#qKg5CAoxBTfFOKLb.99
I'm happy I finally got a platform to voice out my opinion on this! Although I'm not a student of Obafemi Awolowo University but I pay a regular visit to the institution and I've always been overwhelmed by disappointment because of the deplorable state of the so-called Africa's most beautiful campus. With due respect, the Vice Chancellor, 'Professor?" Omole is a bad ambassador to his fellow Professors! In fact, he is a disgrace to ANYONE in the academic line!! Quote me anywhere!!! Come to think of it, the School authority is constructing a multi-billion Naira senate building and the hostel in which the students who will be administered from the senate building live in is not one I can recommend for my dog. If that is how best the Vice Chancellor can go about the administration of the school with the state of those hostels then, I dare say, a primary school headboy will perform better than the so-called professor! The question is this, what is he professing? Poverty? Dilapidation? Low standard of living? Misappropriation of funds? Misplaced priority? I strongly suggest that the excesses of these Vice Chancellors be checkmated and the EFCC(who themselves need to be checkmated) should take note rather than allow these 'educated-illiterates' hide under the shadow of being scholars. Most of their children school abroad and they treat the children of the masses like goats . How then are they better than the President and Governors? Yet, they will say they are going on ASUU strike!
Note that Professor Isaac Folorunso Adewole, the outgoing Vice Chancellor of my school, University of Ibadan is not better off. With all his acclaimed sagacity and competence, if he is in the medical line and our toilets and bathrooms are epitome of disease or what I can call death traps, what then is he professing in the medical line? Yet, we will exhaust our energy in class and during our private study on General Studies Courses related to health. I dare say it's sheer hypocrisy! With due respect, I expect nothing from him as the Health Minister because a person that didn't take serious the health of the university community and wants to manage the health of a whole nation is bound to fail! Why should the same Water Closets we use be the one our unborn children will use? Even the Bible says, he that is faithful in little shall be put in charge of more. Yes, he might have gotten the appointment by connection but I doubt if he can perform in that office by connection.
This is also a medium to send message to all in the academic line; Professors, Doctors etc. Make a difference! Be life savers!! Be the Change!!! Let the situation in which those in the academic line are enemies of progress be a thing of the past! Imagine! The former Dean of Student of University of Ibadan, Professor Alada said he can never allow his children to live in the hostels and which he did. That means he knows the hostels are totally in a bad shape and has the mindset that children of "whoever" should live there. Why can't he be the change?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by lasisi69(f): 11:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
Fortissimo:

Seun, this guy should be banned for life.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Vicati: 1:21am On Nov 25, 2015
Endtime cry! Endtime Hostel!! ;DEndtime cry! Endtime Hostel!!
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by 400billionman: 2:45am On Nov 25, 2015
Looks like Police barracks
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by kunbit(f): 7:37am On Nov 25, 2015
The only pictures I can see are Awo hall and moz. We know the hostels are not perfect but they're not that bad. Prison indeed.

You guys should just pray for the Alumni to prosper so that we can come and effect change.

Omotale Omole is a very bad VC o. He will not listen to the plights of the student even if you hug transformer.

May God deliver you guys
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by baysol: 7:55am On Nov 25, 2015
ice25:
Blaming the students? Mr Abiodun can u allow ur ward stay in such a condition for a week or are your eyes playing tricks on you?

Healthy living is only for the classrooms and lecture notes, never to be implemented here on earth.

Everything in Naija is better on papers

How are these students going to lead a nation if themselves are leading from behind? Hew, health apart, this is nothing but an eyesour and shameful. One cannot stop to wonder what does the student protest about? Things that really impact on their life and health not inclusive, shame once again. I think education is meant to liberate the mind and thinking, I think not so in the case of our Nigerian students only looking for certificate even if it means agberu beso or cheating to get their. What legacy are we building? if nothing is done soon, elimination of corruption and development will be nothing but a mirrage. Imean can this picture be placed in the university almanac or brochure for prospective students from overseas. Was that how it was from the university the professors and managers of the university studied abroad or in the sixties and seventies and eighties? All univerties are now glorified brothels with lecturers turning female students to aristos for all sorts of neferious activities within the campus. This is indeed the call of the Government of the day it behoves them to cleanup the infrastructures and the university system as a whole it is such a disgrace and of unacceptable standard. My five cents.
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by ab11baddo(m): 9:16am On Nov 25, 2015
lipsrsealed
Blingblings:
Only in YOLOBA land.... no wonder u people are the dirtiest in Nigeria... producing dirty graduates like 2mao no dey
idiot...yet hundreds of your people run away from dat desolate waste u call region to school here...very sure an EJACULATION mistake brought your existence...... bastard!

Blingblings:
Only in YOLOBA land.... no wonder u people are the dirtiest in Nigeria... producing dirty graduates like 2mao no dey
idiot...yet hundreds of your people run away from dat desolate waste u call region to school here...very sure an EJACULATION mistake brought your existence...... bastard!

Blingblings:
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Dunsin89(m): 9:52am On Nov 25, 2015
Blingblings:
Na God to punish you for saying that? May you never know peace. May that your finger with which you type these set of grandiose words never do you any good till your Death. Stop being a racist. You will regret for all eternity if you Die as one. Bleep you! *rep Great Ife.

1 Like

Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Dunsin89(m): 9:52am On Nov 25, 2015
Blingblings:
Na God to punish you for saying that! May you never know peace. May that your finger with which you type these set of grandiose words never do you any good till your Death. Stop being a racist. You will regret for all eternity if you Die as one. Bleep you! *rep Great Ife.
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by dasean1(m): 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
end time hostel
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
tobillionaire:
Den go rent an apartment outside d school.. Its dat simple na
do u think it's evry1 dat can afford dat?... Besides Resident Areas is a little bit far 2 d campus, cos d skul is Located at the entrance of ife nt Inside d town!
Re: Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) by tobillionaire(m): 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
Iamoluwaslim:
do u think it's evry1 dat can afford dat?... Besides Resident Areas is a little bit far 2 d campus, cos d skul is Located at the entrance of ife nt Inside d town!
eeyah! Pathetic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

300Level University Of Jos Student Dies (photo) / Sylvester Oromoni: Autopsy Report Exonerates House Master, Others From Murder / ASUU Strike: Students Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.