Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Youhorror Series; THE VISIT - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Youhorror Series; THE VISIT (450 Views)

THE Visit To Grand Ma, A Scary Story That Will Shock U / Fortune City Series: The Liquid Wealth. / The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youhorror Series; THE VISIT by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
This story is protected by the copyright laws
All rights reserved. Reproduction of this work is prohibited without the permission of the writer miss Val o'ray.
Larahquarious@gmail.com

THE VISIT

So you are home alone on a cool weekend evening. You sit in front of your tv lazily switching from one channel to another.
You want to make most of the time you have the house to yourself, you even have spaghetti warming in the microwave and your are debating wether to call your girl/boy friend. Then you hear your doorbell ring.
You frown, you aren't expecting anyone and your parents won't be back before nine. Grumbling, annoyed you have to get off the comfortable sofa, you jerked the door open and your eyes widen in shock.
You see a close friend of yours from way back. you guys lost contact long ago and you haven't heard from him since then. You grin widely wanting to hug him but he only moved from your grasp. He says
'its cold, can I come in?'
you say 'why not'

you sit your friend down trying to catch up with lost times, but he doesn't talk, he only looks at you with eerie silence and he looks very sad.

'why didn't you come and visit' he suddenly asks. You are startled, you are about to answer when the phone in your bedroom rings upstairs.

Quickly excusing yourself, you go up to answer the call and the following conversation ensued.

__Hello?

__hello, is this ***

__yea, who's talking (getting worried)

__(slightly hysterical) it's *** mum, (your friend downstairs mother)

__oh okay (confused)

__(sobbing)I saw your number in the old directory my son had, yours was one of the red marked ones so I thought I should let you know. your friend commited suicide last night. He's gone (more sobbing

__(unbelieving) er Mrs, he's not dead, there must be a mistake. Infact he's here, in my house, downstairs

__(a pause) you had better get out of there then, *** was confirmed dead this morning, and I think the people he marked in red are in danger.(screaming) leave that place now for the love of God!

The line went dead. You drop your phone in shock, now you are starting to break out in cold sweat, if your friend was dead then who is the person seating downstairs?!

Then to your horror you hear the steps creak, someone...no, HE is coming up the stairs!

creak, creak, creak...

you are shaking, your room is too high for you to jump down the window...

creak creak creak

'why didn't you come and visit?' a raspy voice says. You gasp, the voice is coming from right behind your door!
Then it slowly started to creep open...

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!

(1) (Reply)

Genius Is Often Surrounded By Mediocrities / Poem:there Was A Country (attributed To Chinua Achebe's Work: There Was A Countr / Who Is My Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.