Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate (33573 Views)

James Faleke Escapes Death, Was Shot At, Car Riddled With Bullets / Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
Bigprozzie:
Lalasticlala Seun

This thread deserves FP

This is a detailed analysis and quite enlightening too

@ Barca

I will encourage you to continue with this new found spirit. Like Passingshot advised you, stay in the middle, there is a market for it.
Well, the interest of Nigeria must come first.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by MORNDEW(m): 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

People should understand that James Faleke has been thrown up through circumstance to be man to lead Kogi. People shouldn't trample on him in the name of forcing an Igala muslim to take his "birthright". We have to protect the oppressed in order to set good precedent for us all.
which precedent? Barcanista we know u. As in we know u. Wenever i see ur post i dnt read dem i only pity u cos u ar going tru alot. Well u caused it for urself. But i think its iredeemable becos u ve lost it. Talking about precedent, is it the one u set here? From Apc- protection seeking- pdp- secessionist- to non secessionist- to chief wailer- changing names- to deactivating acount? Today now u dey form neutral nd u be one of d youths to lead 2moro? We will continue to remind u who u are atleast to save our country of another FFK.

2 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by onismate: 10:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
Tonyebarcanista this is your analysis, but will APC agree? when jagaban will be feeding and feasting on this opportunity to get his candidate
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by olatade(m): 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
APC have just played into the hand of the opposition by this unwise decision. I am very sure the election will be nullified by the court. Why conducting a fresh primary election? The deputy governorship candidate or the runner up to the APC primary election ought to have been adopted for the supplementary election.

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
MORNDEW:

which precedent? Barcanista we know u. As in we know u. Wenever i see ur post i dnt read dem i only pity u cos u ar going tru alot. Well u caused it for urself. But i think its iredeemable becos u ve lost it. Talking about precedent, is it the one u set here? From Apc- pdp- secessionist- to non secessionist- to chief wailer- changing names- to deactivating acount? Today now u dey form neutral nd u be one of d youths to lead 2moro? We continue to remind u who u are atleast to save our country of another FFK.
How does that affect the fact dat d analysis is on point?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by BraniacX(m): 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala Since TonyeBarcanista Started Writing Unbiased articles, you Guys stopped featuring his threads on the Front Page. Why? grin

Idiat!! undecided

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nobody writes better than you on this forum most especially on political matters. Unfortunately, you'r pro-GEJ .....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nehemiah459(m): 10:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
To all assholes making comments concerning him being PDP, he is a Nigerian and APC is a mere political party in Nigeria. He has all right to speak as a Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by tpiadotcom: 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
if you people like move the thread to front page ten million times.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by harristo(m): 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
goonsmi:

he seriously have a lot to gain as a neutral man than allowing his talent to be box into a corner of the game in the name of group interest .

Perhaps the reason TonyeBarcanista was a die hard PDP supporter was because of Gej. And now that Gej is no more, he no longer has a strong reason to be one.

As for the analysis, APC indeed can't conduct another primary school election at this point where everyone has graduated into secondary school.
Whether Faleke would represent APC or not, is up to APC to decide. They should just know that, if Faleke doesn't represent them, no one else can do it - as they don't have the freedom to present someone else at this point.

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
tpiadotcom:
if you people like move the thread to front page ten million times.
sadist
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by engineerboat(m): 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
Omotolu:
If Tonyebanista can reason objectively,one should know that heaven is real.

se heaven o real tele ni,

#teamjusticemustbesupreme
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by mike404(m): 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

People should understand that James Faleke has been thrown up through circumstance to be man to lead Kogi. People shouldn't trample on him in the name of forcing an Igala muslim to take his "birthright". We have to protect the oppressed in order to set good precedent for us all.
I NO BLAME YOU grin MAN MUST CHOP NOW

3 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by wonderfulman(m): 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
If Audu replacement doesn't come from Ebiraland,Kogi will not know peace
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by entbaze: 10:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
:-D Actor Odunlade Adekola Welcomes
Bouncing Baby Boy With Wife....
See Photos --> www.seemynaija.com/2015/11/actor-odunlade-adekola-welcomes-bouncing-baby-boy-wife/
--------------------------------
:-O Actress Halima Abubakar Hits The Pool In Sexy Beach Wear.....
See Photos Here --> www.seemynaija.com/2015/11/actress-halima-abubakar-hits-pool-sexy-beach-wear-see-photos/
------------------------------
:-) Genevieve And Ty Bello Shows Off Dance Moves In New Video!...
See Here --> www.seemynaija.com/2015/11/genevieve-ty-bello-shows-off-dance-moves-new-video/
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Dahjhi: 10:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
makeitsoon:
seeking protection?
we dont need your "pretending to care" attitude
this is among d reasons 4 backwardness in naija politics. Cus he's on d oda side he shouldnt preach 4 justice... Shiooor
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by adanny01(m): 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Since the death of Audu Abubakar, the Governorship candidate of APC and the leading candidate in the yet-to-be concluded Kogi state Governorship election, tongues have been wagging and opinions have been divided on what should be the next line with respect to the said election. To some, the election should be outrightly cancelled because the Governorship candidate of APC is gone. To some others, the APC should be disqualified for having 'No Candidate', while some others opined that the APC should nominate a new governorship candidate to complete the process.

Firstly, the election can't be cancelled because INEC has NO power according to the Electoral Act (2010) and the 1999 Constitution to cancel any election when declared. It lies with the COURT. The only way election can be cancelled is when both the Governorship and Deputy Governorship candidates of a political party dies. In this case, the Deputy Governorship candidate of APC, James Faleke is still alive. Hence, INEC has no choice but to continue with the process.

Secondly, APC followed the legal process in the nomination of Audu Abubakar and Hon James Faleke as the Governorship and Deputy Governorship candidates respectively. The Electoral Act never prescribe disqualification of political party on account of death of its Governorship or Deputy Governorship candidate. Considering that the Electoral Act and Supreme Court judgement maintained that political parties not candidates stand for election, it simply means APC remains in the race and in pole position to form new Kogi state government when Idris Wada's tenure elapse despite the demise of Audu.

Why Hon James Faleke Should Succeed Audu
That established, the next is who should succeed Audu Abubakar as APC candidate? Let us recall that the Electoral Act and Constitution was silent on what should happen in the event that a Governor-elect denounce his mandate before his inauguration as at 1998. When Atiku Abubakar rescinded his mandate for the VP candidate of Segun Obasanjo of PDP, INEC felt there was need for a fresh PDP candidate for a new election. PDP and the Adamawa state Deputy-Gov-elect Boni Haruna as then was went to court. The SC ruled that PDP won the election with Atiku/Haruna as candidates, and in the eyes of the law, Atiku was 'dead'. Hence, Haruna should replace Atiku as PDP Governorship candidate and be sworn-in as Adamawa state Governor. After the judgement, the Electoral Act and Constitution were amended to reflect the SC interpretation. In this situation, considering the fact that the law allows for the Deputy to succeed his/her boss in the event of death of the Governor-elect (after election has been concluded) and the Governor (after inauguration), it is only normal and in accordance with the positions of the SC judgements and the law tthat Hon James Faleke, the APC Kogi state Deputy Governorship candidate be upgraded to the substantive Governorship-candidate of APC, while the party nominates a new running mate.

The Position of Running Mate Is For Purpose Like This
We also have to realise that the purpose of running mate is not to 'fill space' but to step-in in case of any eventuality of the main candidate. This is why the VP assumes the role of President in event of death, and not the runner-up in the Presidential election. It is also the reason the VP-elect assume the position of President-elect in event of death of the President-elect and not the runner-up of the election. This is same reason the APC Deputy Governorship-candidate of Kogi state (James Faleke) will/should assume the position of Governorship-candidate and not the runner-up in the APC Primary election. Hence, the APC should 'do the needful and nominate a new Deputy-Gov candidate.

A Fresh Primary Is Illegal and Unconstitutional
However, should APC elect for a fresh primary, then that will amount to illegality as no section of the Electoral Act and the Constitution give room for primary when election is ongoing. I believe that the court will nullify it. It is my belief that the only legitimate thing is for Faleke to be made the candidate.

Why I'm Behind Hon James Faleke's Ascension:
My position on this subject is precipitated on the need for being on the side of justice irrespective of who the beneficiary may be. Justice is justice, there is no basis for opposing justice because it doesn't favor our ethnic or political scheme. For those against Faleke on basis of his non-Igala heritage, I urge you to accept the new development for in the interest of the state.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Kogi state.

For the first time, i see things same way as you.

Am fully for Folake.

I wonder how APC has found the legitimacy to embark on a fresh primary like the declared.

It will be morally wrong for a winner in the new primaries to claim the 250+k votes of APC without ever working for it. Only Folake can claim it.

If APC does otherwise, i encourage him to head to court and the victory will be delivered to him on a platter of gold.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by MORNDEW(m): 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
realnews:

How does that affect the fact dat d analysis is on point?
which on point? Is barcanista a lawyer? Do you know that a running mate is not assumed a deputy untill election is won? Do u know that Inec only recognises the candidate in an election not a running mate? Are u aware that this same mumbo jumbo he came up with is not the position of the law? Are u aware that it can be challenged in court and APC loses out just like Ishaku? ApC needs a candidate that has a legal backing to replace Audu? Some of us are too busy to come here nd analyse in details about things hence u guys hail anyone who comes up with anything.

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
Replacing Audu with Faleke will be bad decision by the APC. The electorates voted for APC because of Audu, transfering those votes to someone that is not loved by the electorates is bad for business. Faleke couldn't have pulled 22,000 votes from Ankpa even with Buhari as his running mate. Faleke will be a mistake by the APC which I see the PDP capitalising on come 2019. Kogi is still PDP dominated and I urge the APC leaders to not get carried away by the result of the election because they only got so far because of Audu.

2 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by tempem: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
MORNDEW:

which precedent? Barcanista we know u. As in we know u. Wenever i see ur post i dnt read dem i only pity u cos u ar going tru alot. Well u caused it for urself. But i think its iredeemable becos u ve lost it. Talking about precedent, is it the one u set here? From Apc- protection seeking- pdp- secessionist- to non secessionist- to chief wailer- changing names- to deactivating acount? Today now u dey form neutral nd u be one of d youths to lead 2moro? We will continue to remind u who u are atleast to save our country of another FFK.
So, forgiveness shouldn't be granted? If barcanista is now a changed man..
How about God not forgiving you all of your past mistakes? Really bad?! That's just it.
Toynebarcanista has changed.. welcome him.. Okay? unless you ain't truthful.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by tpiadotcom: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Replacing Audu with Faleke will be bad decision by the APC. The electorates voted for APC because of Audu, transfering those votes to someone that is not loved by the electorates is bad for business. Faleke couldn't have pulled 22,000 votes from Ankpa even with Buhari as his running mate. Faleke will be a mistake by the APC which I see the PDP capitalising on come 2019. Kogi is still PDP dominated and I urge the APC leaders to not get carried away by the result of the election because they only got so far because of Audu.

how Yorubas do things is different from what some elements are fronting here.

Their "postulations" are not the Yoruba way at all and can only lead to chaos.

I think they are confused because they've been seeing a large number of uninvestigated deaths where people are replaced by someone else upon their demise and nobody asks any questions. Be that as it may, it is not going to work everywhere.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by emmadaji: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My friend, the Echonu guy should lobby for Deputy slot because the Governorship slot is not vacant grin. Those against a non-Igala the state should wait till 2019...

Igala politics is not like Osun or Kano whereby someone will just come from no where and become a candidate
if Faleke become a flag bearer there is going to be problem in Kogi.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by harristo(m): 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Well, the interest of Nigeria must come first.

Hmmm

All the PDP folks I know, only care about making the party number one.
To them the interest of Nigeria is an afterthought.

And I also suspect that the 'Reforming PDP is our collective responsibility' that you wrote in your signature, is actually talking about making PDP the number party again. Meaning your thinking is the same as all the other PDP members I know.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
Besides, no one has the right to blame we, the Igala people. We all saw how Jimi Agbaje was harrassed and ridiculed simply because he promised to give Ibos equal rights with Yorubas in Lagos state even though we all know that Ibos make up a large percentage of Lagosians.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by MORNDEW(m): 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
tempem:

So, forgiveness shouldn't be granted? If barcanista is now a changed man..
How about God not forgiving you all of your past mistakes? Really bad?! That's just it.
Toynebarcanista has changed.. welcome him.. Okay? unless you ain't truthful.
a detailed thread appologising to well meaning Nigerians on this forum on his lack of discipline and support for nonsenses when he does so, then, some of us will forgive him. And watch him for atleast a year. Before we see him as a reasonable youth if not, OYO for him. I wonder why a youth will sell his conscience for a bottle of coke and gala.

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
tpiadotcom:

how Yorubas do things is different from what some elements are fronting here.

Their "postulations" are not the Yoruba way at all and can only lead to chaos.

I think they are confused because they've been seeing a large number of uninvestigated deaths where people are replaced by someone else upon their demise and nobody asks any questions. Be that as it may, it is not going to work everywhere.
Audu died mysteriously after winning the election and obesity and hypertension killed him? Lol. He has always been obessed and the hypertension that did not kill him in 2003 cannot him 2015. Hypertension don't kill winners.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by DMerciful(m): 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
@TonyeBarcanista.....you cannot be in PDP and supporting APC! Is like blowing hot n cold, focus ur energy on PDP and let APC burn if they like. Your sympathy for APC is a cause for concern o cry

2 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
emmadaji:

Igala politics is not like Osun or Kano whereby someone will just come from no where and become a candidate
if Faleke become a flag bearer there is going to be problem in Kogi.
We don't know Faleke in Kogi! He should go back to Lagos.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by hgnbello(m): 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
u dnt really support james... u ar only against APC.. if at all APC choose james b4.. u will also against it talkin abt constitution.. well... we heard u...
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by ibietela2(m): 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Going by the two Sections quoted by AG Of The Federation, (From the Constitution and Electoral act) it is very clear and a settled case, that James Fayeke Should naturally assume the position Of the Late Audu!

No Two Ways!

This one this transgender cleverly is agreeing with you, hmmmmm
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by chinchum(m): 10:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
Dannyset:
APC is only doing this because of eventualities especially within the party, which I think it's not necessary. In the process of doing the right thing, you don't end up doing the wrong. I believe Faleke will be among the candidate and he. will eventually win it.

Faleke will be the consensus canditate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Cannot Be Forced To Address Nigerians On Rumors Of His Death- Presidency / Jubilation In Niger As Security Operatives Neutralise 100 Bandits (Video) / APC Presidential Rally Plateau State Live!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.