Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,382 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) (41076 Views)

Scam Alert!!!! Do Not Trade With Onlinenaira.com They Are Scam..(picture Proof) / CBN Floats The Naira, The Implications For You And I / See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by AODT(m): 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Mogidi:
This was in 1981, fast forward to 1984 when Buhari almost killed it, he's back now to murder it forever.

You forgot to mention the part Shagari played and mind you Buhari spent less than 2 years in office. Give me a break joor.
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by BraniacX(m): 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
searching4l0ve:
undecided THIS IS WHY WE VOTED IN BUHARI TO REPLICATE THE GLORY THE NAIRA HAD BACK IN THE 80'S. WHEN HE PROMISED TO MAKE THE DOLLAR EQUAL TO NAIRA, MANY HATE FILLED IPO-DUNCE YOUTHS STARTED RAINING INSULTS ON HIM ALL BECAUSE THEY WANT BIAFRA THAT WILL NEVER COME TO PASS. MTCHEEEEW undecided

Replicate the crashing of the naira and the economy abi? God forbid!
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by Miaraka: 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
What are you talking about, telling us about the 1980's naira. I actually enjoyed the feel inside my pocket of a naira which used to be saluted by dollar in the 70s. In fact, the dollar used to bow and lie postrate before the naira.
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by efizee: 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
searching4l0ve:
undecided THIS IS WHY WE VOTED IN BUHARI TO REPLICATE THE GLORY THE NAIRA HAD BACK IN THE 80'S. WHEN HE PROMISED TO MAKE THE DOLLAR EQUAL TO NAIRA, MANY HATE FILLED IPO-DUNCE YOUTHS STARTED RAINING INSULTS ON HIM ALL BECAUSE THEY WANT BIAFRA THAT WILL NEVER COME TO PASS. MTCHEEEEW undecided
what has this post got to do with the igbo's... You have a myopic thinking.
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by yuyu200: 8:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
noetic5:
Today all we see is one head is better than two grin grin
Lol
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by efizee: 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
Just watch very soon one unreasonable person will start calling people wailers and start insulting the igbo's... I am waiting patiently cause they must do it.
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by nigerianvenom(m): 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Buhari and babanginda killed Nigeria in the 80s,abacha buried it in d 90s

1 Like

Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by franklingud(m): 9:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
End time buhari go finish the thing off completely.
#ZooRepublicOfStupidity
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by AJSA2006: 9:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
I remember vividly when Buhari changed naira in 1984. A ton(20) bags of cement was being sold for N100 I.e N5 per bag. We should all believe in Nigeria things will get better by the grace of God.
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by potiglo: 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
GET THE JAMB OFFLINE SO THAT YOU CAN REGISTER STUDENT AND DO THE BIOMETRIC CAPTURE DIRECTLY FROM YOUR CAFE OR BUSSINESS CENTER.... WE VALIDATE FOR YOU AT A CHEAP PRICE...

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED

SMS OR WATZ APP ONLY.. 08033842939... SMS IS FASTER
EMAIL alongtemmy@gmail.com calll now
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by franklingud(m): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
efizee:
what has this post got to do with the igbo's... You have a myopic thinking.
That's not myopic thinking, it's a clear case of madness.
End time Yoloba boy.
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by billyG(m): 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
Mogidi:

It changed when Bubu became head of state.
Whodhell iz BuBu?
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by yanabasee(m): 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
abbey621:
If you noticed carefully, you'll see that it's not really that Naira was strong but more about dollar being weak due to the USA experiencing a recession, even currencies like the Australian dollar and Canadian dollar(Countries with poor economy during the 80s) held their value against the dollar. Not until the second year of Ronald Reagan's presidency did the U.S dollar rebound, coincidentally the Naira began losing its value around the same period from 1984 t0 1993, the Naira witnessed the most dramatic loss in value followed by 2011 to present date.

@thebolded...

GEJ maintained a steady currency flow rate from 2011 to 2015 when he evacuated the office of the presidency!.... I have attached a photo of 2011 dollar exchange rate from CBN and as you know that Naira lose value since March of this year from $153 to $223 and still counting...

And please, always get your facts tighten before you criticise... You've shown that you know nothing...

1 Like

Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by fromnigeria(m): 9:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
Daminaj1:
wow. when did it all go wrong

Dont forget to Visit www.daminaj.com for your latest breaking celebrity and entertainment news
When those PDP-like minded persons took over. I think
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by abbey621(m): 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
yanabasee:

@thebolded...

GEJ maintained a steady currency flow rate from 2011 to 2015 when he evacuated the office of the presidency!.... I have attached a photo of 2011 dollar exchange rate from CBN and as you know that Naira lose value since March of this year from $153 to $223 and still counting...

And please, always get your facts tighten before you criticise... You've shown that you know nothing...

Of all the dummies on Nairaland, you are the worst of all! You've managed to prove my point in your miserable attempt to sound wise. In 2008 Naira was in the 130s, in 2011 in the 150s, in 2013 in the 180s and 2014 in the 190s and above according to bank rate, is this what you called steady? I pity the mugu that paid your school fees because you are obviously a product of a failed educational system!
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by sandygechy(f): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
End time dream!
scholes23:
I have a dream that one day, Nigeria will return to those good old days when #1 or 50kobo=£1/€1/$1. So help us God. Amen
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by yanabasee(m): 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
abbey621:

Of all the dummies on Nairaland, you are the worst of all! You've managed to prove my point in your miserable attempt to sound wise. In 2008 Naira was in the 130s, in 2011 in the 150s, in 2013 in the 180s and 2014 in the 190s and above according to bank rate, is this what you called steady? I pity the mugu that paid your school fees because you are obviously a product of a failed educational system!

No... You should pity the f00l's sperm that produced and imbecilic tout like you... And the harlot that took her mumu time to incubate a bastard for nine months....

I expected you to be more of a dummmy than being afflicted with cretinism... You're extremely stupiid... Same as your drunkard father and your smeliing pvssy mother....

Take a walk.... Even when a dollar hiked to 190 as at 2015... The economic was somfin to right home about... Unlike since when a dullard you tagged a president took over.... Am not surprised... Dullardism runz in your vein... Like father like son!
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by abbey621(m): 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
yanabasee:

No... You should pity the f00l's sperm that produced and imbecilic tout like you... And the harlot that took her mumu time to incubate a bastard for nine months....

I expected you to be more of a dummmy than being afflicted with cretinism... You're extremely stupiid... Same as your drunkard father and your smeliing pvssy mother....

Take a walk.... Even when a dollar hiked to 190 as at 2015... The economic was somfin to right home about... Unlike since when a dullard you tagged a president took over.... Am not surprised... Dullardism runz in your vein... Like father like son!

E don dey pain am! So you agree that the dollar hiked instead of being steady as you first proclaimed, case closed dummy grin grin grin
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by EnimeBassey(m): 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
Daminaj1:

Dont forget to Visit www.daminaj.com for your latest breaking celebrity and entertainment news
it went wrong when babangida became the head of state. He introduced a lot of things including structural adjustment program (SAP). And there goes our naira
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by legendsilver(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Daminaj1:

When crude oil was discovered
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by yanabasee(m): 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
abbey621:

E don dey pain am! So you agree that the dollar hiked instead of being steady as you first proclaimed, case closed dummy grin grin grin

Didn't you notice the word "EVEN" as an intensifier on that statement? It was use as a "sentential connectives logic" which makes it a false statement, you bastard!!!!

Now swerve.... Belittled monk!!!
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by abbey621(m): 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
yanabasee:

Didn't you notice the word "EVEN" as an intensifier on that statement? It was use as a "sentential connectives logic" which makes it a false statement, you bastard!!!!

Now swerve.... Belittled monk!!!

Hahahahaha.....pathetic! I applaud your creativity grin grin grin grin
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by yanabasee(m): 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
abbey621:

Hahahahaha.....pathetic! I applaud your creativity grin grin grin grin
And now! Who's the REAL DUMMY? Your azz!
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by Mogidi: 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
billyG:

Whodhell iz BuBu?

The Dullard from Daura.
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
hooli:
At times when we are told about how the Naira had more value than the Dollar inthe Eighties,we take it with a pinch of salt. Today i saw a proof in my house with my very own eyes...
An old Book written in the Eighties,with the prize of the book in some countries currencies. The Naira was among these currencies(clearly because it was among the big bills then)...
Note the date and the prize in Naira and Dollar and Pound..
some Nairalanders get ugly toes and fingers sha.... grin....
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by ahkmed(m): 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
;DEnd TIME torri! grin
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by Truckpusher(m): 10:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
Daminaj1:

It all went south the moment the abokkis realized that the entire south is capitalist driven and in one last desperate attempt to hold on to their feudal system they struck in a cunning manner and Ojukwu an Igbo man played into their hands while the Yoruba people simply waited and took sides where they can keep both dangerous surrounding tribes at bay while bidding their time - The Niger Delta was a collateral damage and the middle belt are the most unfortunate in the Nigerian program just to oil the colonialists Anglo-American empire as long as they want.
The South west simply ensured that these two ideologically driven different people should not have equal hand in the scheme of things hence the Nigeria of today.if I was in their shoes I'll do the same thing.
Nigeria needs a lot of restructuring to represent the yearnings of the people but at the end of the day everything boils down to personal interest and ambition masked with regional, ethnic and religious interest but these big people are our common enemy. The elites of this country from the North to the South are the enemies of the ordinary people and until the ordinary people understood the principle of democracy and unite against these bandits we are going nowhere.
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by Patini147(m): 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
biafranqueen:

The same thing that is happening now....
1984 New York Times

When you Fail economics and mathmatics in school your not really a good choice to take over a fragile economy.

Did he actually fail? I mean have yu seen his certificate?
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by dubemivan(m): 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
I learnt that in the late 70's Naira has more value than Dollar. NIGERIANS who travel to America were begged by Americans to catch a glimpse of the Naira note! So amazing but today reverse is the case. I also learnt that in the 60's the present day Dubai was a desert area, people rode by horse or camel but today checkout the only 9star hotel in the world. compare there currency with ours and see the difference. We both started oil exploration during the 70's but they acheive far much than us because of our leaders kwaruption!! I rest my case here jare.

1 Like

Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by whizpa(m): 11:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
1985 was when the decline started.. One man single handedly smothered the Nigerian economy.. And i think that's the reason he's working real hard to make up for his mistakes.
Naija will bounce back. #Believe.
Re: The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) by onelife97: 11:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
mascot87:
IBB, see what you have done to our Naira. You will be punished for this.

That bastard should be put to Eagle Square for all Nigerians to take some pound of his f^$%^#king flesh.

He and the f $%#÷_£&king brit queen of the coast and ultimate corruption put us in this mess.

When we saw him riding with the Queen we knew we have bn doomed.

May God and the gods and all irunmole punish IBB and his f $÷_#/##king family fir what Nigeria has become.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Truck Carrying Frozen Chicken Spills Content After A 3-vehicle Collision / Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts / Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.