Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. (14833 Views)

UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC / 11 Things You Must Know Before NYSC Registration / Before NYSC Mobilization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Befitting(f): 10:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hi Nairalanders, I'm a lady of 22yrs, born 21st April 1993. I gained admission into the university at the age of 17, due to frequent strikes, I'm about spending 5yrs in the university ready a 4yrs course. I also had issues in school which led to an extra year of which I'm currently try na clear, the truth is, I didn't get an extra year because I didn't read. Our school went on a five months strike as soon as my set graduated. I traveled to lagos to learn a skill( Pattern Making and design ) I'm done now. I was engrossed in the fashion and design course that I couldn't come back to clear my name. My exam script was misplaced and now I'm rewriting the course, but it isn't a big deal tho.
Now, I'm thinking so deep, contemplating if I should go for service immediately I clear my paper or go directly for my masters before coming back to serve. I don't know if that would be possible.
Please I need anyone who is well learned to help me out. God bless you.
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:22am On Nov 25, 2015
You can apply for your masters if you have the funds already and you can apply.

But remember that the next session starts by Sept next year.

Also, it will be of added advantage to you because if you are being posted, you'll be posted to a much better place with your masters degree than if you only have B.Sc.

But if masters is not forthcoming soon, go for NYSC. Come back and start your masters. Finish it and start hunting for jobs

1 Like

Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Fireson: 1:29am On Nov 25, 2015
At the moment, NYSC discharge certificate is a vital requirement in applying for PGD in Nigeria. undecided

Without that you can't be admitted.
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by udeh3(m): 5:15am On Nov 25, 2015
Befitting:
Hi Nairalanders, I'm a lady of 22yrs, born 21st April 1993. I gained admission into the university at the age of 17, due to frequent strikes, I'm about spending 5yrs in the university ready a 4yrs course. I also had issues in school which led to an extra year of which I'm currently try na clear, the truth is, I didn't get an extra year because I didn't read. Our school went on a five months strike as soon as my set graduated. I traveled to lagos to learn a skill( Pattern Making and design ) I'm done now. I was engrossed in the fashion and design course that I couldn't come back to clear my name. My exam script was misplaced and now I'm rewriting the course, but it isn't a big deal tho.
Now, I'm thinking so deep, contemplating if I should go for service immediately I clear my paper or go directly for my masters before coming back to serve. I don't know if that would be possible.

Presently, one cannot run a PGD without his/her NYSC discharged certificate again. It's now a major requirement to studing further
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by favourite00: 6:09am On Nov 25, 2015
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by romzyxy(m): 8:39am On Nov 25, 2015
You need nysc certificate to do your masters.

1 Like

Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by segzysexy(m): 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
Some schools in the north dont really require NYSC discharge certificate as criteria for admission into PG Program.
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Fireson: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2015
segzysexy:
Some schools in the north dont really require NYSC discharge certificate as criteria for admission into PG Program.
Are those schools accredited for PGD by NUC? undecided I know Taraba Uni does that but they are not accredited. angry
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by segzysexy(m): 10:47am On Nov 28, 2015
Fireson:

Are those schools accredited for PGD by NUC? undecided I know Taraba Uni does that but they are not accredited. angry
.unimaid, buk and some few schools dont really request for discharge certificate and they are among the best schools in the north

1 Like

Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Fireson: 1:57am On Nov 29, 2015
segzysexy:
.unimaid, buk and some few schools dont really request for discharge certificate and they are among the best schools in the north

Full meaning of BUK? undecided
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by DaGC(m): 7:28am On Nov 29, 2015
Fireson:

Full meaning of BUK? undecided

Bayero University, Kano

1 Like

Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Hayfeez(m): 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
If you are thinking of enrolling for your masters outside the country, then you can go ahead.

But if it's within the country the NYSC discharge certificate is now a major requirement to being admitted for Masters study in Nigerian institutions.

Some institutions still admit without it though, but the directive is they shouldn't without the discharge certificate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Engrpj(m): 6:19am On Dec 03, 2015
Befitting:

Outside Nigeria YES

within Nigeria. NO. ( needs transcript & NYSC Certificate)
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Engrpj(m): 6:22am On Dec 03, 2015
segzysexy:

Daz a big Lie.....Unimaid requires NYSC Cert... No NYSC No PG in Unimaid..... get Ur facts right pls

3 Likes

Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by ChukaLupin(m): 9:10am On May 10, 2017
romzyxy:
You need nysc certificate to do your masters.

But NYSC is for almost a year. Someone might have forgotten book na
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by sammyscholar(m): 6:47pm On May 10, 2017
ChukaLupin:

Forget book? are you for real?
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by ChukaLupin(m): 6:56pm On May 10, 2017
sammyscholar:
As in...you might need to do a lot of revision to catch up.
Right?
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by romzyxy(m): 8:06pm On May 24, 2017
ChukaLupin:

Lol
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by kuchikau1: 11:51pm On May 24, 2017
Am currently serving(stream 1) but wiii leave nigeria(service) by august for my msc (scholarship based) cant trade it for nysc o! Any advice?
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by kuchikau1: 11:52pm On May 24, 2017
sammyscholar:
Am currently serving(stream 1) but wiii leave nigeria(service) by august for my msc (scholarship based) cant trade it for nysc o! Any advice?
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Ayoola03(f): 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
@kuchikau1 please mail me pwencess03@gmail.com am in the same shoes with you. need to have a private chat with you itz very urgent please

kuchikau1:
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Ayo199(m): 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
Ayoola03:
@kuchikau1 please mail me pwencess03@gmail.com am in the same shoes with you. need to have a private chat with you itz very urgent please

did you leave nysc for the scholarship
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by kuchikau1: 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
Ayo199:
did you leave nysc for the scholarship
they allowed me defer.
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Ayo199(m): 8:14am On Nov 24, 2017
kuchikau1:
they allowed me defer.
please Sis, am going to b in d same situation soonest, so I'll want you to enlighten me on how you did it.. thanks
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Ayo199(m): 8:20am On Nov 24, 2017
kuchikau1:
they allowed me dedfer.
was it the scholarship you defered or nysc
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Ayo199(m): 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2018
Ayoola03:

did u complete ur service
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by kuchikau1: 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2018
Ayo199:

did u complete ur service
yea
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by Sommyyoung: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
please guys, i need a response. i'll be completing my NYSC by February and i want to apply for my M.SC at Delsu. please i dont know if they will offer my the admission.
Re: Can An Individual Go For Masters Immediately After Graduation Before NYSC. by johnfe: 9:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
kuchikau1:

Brother how did you get the master's scholarship please?

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Batch B 2019 Online Registration – SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE HERE / Medical and Fitness Report By Corps Members Must Now Carry NMA Stamp - NYSC / My Nysc 2014 Batch C Camp Experience(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.