Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists - NYSC (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists (46331 Views)

Photos From Recent NYSC Camps Carnival / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
phtemie:

Go reverse am na..

Mumu.

Instead of you to condemn your evil Islam brothers tarnishing your religion's repute by perpetrating evil acts in its name, you are here trying to tell us that your shitty and archaic religious practice is more important than people's lives.

See, Nigeria is not an Islamic state and will never be. You guys will have to adjust and blend in for the country's sake and not the other way round.
Mumu

Instead of you to condemn yourself

Nigeria is not an Islamic state but a secular state that recognises freedom of religion.

You either accept that or die
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
slap1:
Although this is a violation of rights, every sensible Muslim should understand that at this point, we cannot sacrifice security of lives on the altar of religious sentiments. The Muslim extremists are making life acutely difficult for the peaceful Muslims.

Kill yaself dunderhead

It is no excuse for baning hijab.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by princehabyb(m): 12:24am On Nov 26, 2015
hmm
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by vodkat: 12:32am On Nov 26, 2015
daretodiffer:

Ode!

When Nigeria supported Libya's invasion, it forgot how close to home it is.

see this fool how many troops did nigeria send to libya to remove ghadafi. zero

use ur brain 4 once

all d girls killing innocent ppl in the market in the north. they all wear hijab
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by baby124: 12:39am On Nov 26, 2015
daretodiffer:

Aren't you so stupid?
Your mother is extremely stupid
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by vodkat: 12:48am On Nov 26, 2015
daretodiffer:

You this Terrorist, was 9/11 not as a result of the invasion of Iraq, Turkey etc etc

How dare you get to justify western terrorism. Terrorism is terrorism, be it from the West or the East.

you dont now anything, 9/11 was a wahabist attempt to fight US for their invovement in gulf war 1.

Gulf war 1 was caused when Iraq invaded Kuwati and Kuwati called US to help. So blame kuwati for the US invovemennt.

No arab country was willing to fight Iraqand theUS went in and pushed Iraq back

Do ur research and stop listening to propaganda

Islamist now want apocalypse

and like the saying goes pikin wey no want make him mama sleep himself no go sleep
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Panzerfaust(m): 1:07am On Nov 26, 2015
daretodiffer:

You this Terrorist, was 9/11 not as a result of the invasion of Iraq, Turkey etc etc

How dare you get to justify western terrorism. Terrorism is terrorism, be it from the West or the East.
gringrin when did 9-11 take place? Was it nt 2001? When was Iraq invaded? Wasn't it 2003..Aunty, when was Turkey invaded?!?! grin grin You don't even have a clue about international affairs!! Invade turkey??gringrin was Turkey ever invaded?? You no even sabi book.
Olodo.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by slap1(m): 5:34am On Nov 26, 2015
daretodiffer:

Kill yaself dunderhead

It is no excuse for baning hijab.

You sound like a potential terrorist, absolutely senseless.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 26, 2015
baby124:

My mother is extremely stupid
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by sparkleRed(f): 5:56am On Nov 26, 2015
agrovick:

Chai, u like wahala sha

tongue wahala is sweet
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 26, 2015
daretodiffer:

There won't be peace in the world

Don't be too daft, okay?

u are the one who is daft, asswipe, bloodsucker.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by neocortex: 6:53am On Nov 26, 2015
daretodiffer:

Ode!

How are they even related?

Typical response of those who have nothing to write.

It is not my fault if you can't connect simple dots,
not everything needs to be spelt out for you to
understand.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Kagarko(m): 7:04am On Nov 26, 2015
stinggy:

And if the Security challenge we're currently facing hasn't re-shaped your thinking, head for the court of law.

It remains banned even in more islamic countries than Nigeria for safety purposes. Keep placing dogma over safety undecided
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Kagarko(m): 7:14am On Nov 26, 2015
stinggy:

And if the Security challenge we're currently facing hasn't re-shaped your thinking, head for the court of law.

It remains banned even in more islamic countries than Nigeria for safety purposes. Keep placing dogma over safety undecided

If the DG continued, we have 2-3 options:
1. Replace him soon
2. Scrap the scheme
3. Repeal the act establishing the scheme.

So bross watch and see what we will do soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by agrovick(m): 8:08am On Nov 26, 2015
sparkleRed:

tongue wahala is sweet
Oya dey go work
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by agrovick(m): 8:13am On Nov 26, 2015
All these Islamabad folks be shouting Nigeria is a secular state, the fact that she is a secular state means you conform with official rules and regulations irrespective of whether it goes against your religious beliefs.
And for goodness sake, you all should read the post again, 'lban on long hijabs not on all hijabs'
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 26, 2015
Panzerfaust:
gringrin when did 9-11 take place? Was it nt 2001? When was Iraq invaded? Wasn't it 2003..Aunty, when was Turkey invaded?!?! grin grin You don't even have a clue about international affairs!! Invade turkey??gringrin was Turkey ever invaded?? You no even sabi book.
Olodo.
Ode!

That was a mistake

Was that the first time Iraq was invaded?

I meant the Ottoman empire

The invasion of the Arab world/Middle East caused all these #

This is the same thing they are doing to Congo and the same thing they did to Mother Africa
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 26, 2015
Panzerfaust:
Olodo.

Although direct corporate and U.S. political control over Persian Gulf oil ended in the 1970s, the authoritarian regimes remained. The U.S. government sought to do new kinds of business with them, by arming them and positioning them as surrogates for American interests and power. Richard M. Nixon provided the impetus for the new militarization strategy in 1969 when he articulated a new strategic doctrine. Under pressure to guide the United States out of the quagmire in Vietnam, the Nixon Doctrine called on American allies to bear a greater burden in providing for their own defense. U.S. policy makers observed the doctrine in the Gulf by keeping American military forces “over the horizon.” Without the British present to preserve the Gulf’s balance of power, the United States moved to build up local militaries to maintain regional order.

http://jah.oxfordjournals.org/content/99/1/208.full

You are welcome.

They trained them
They gave them the weapons
They are the enemies
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by LuckyLadolce(m): 8:26am On Nov 26, 2015
menabae:
hahhahahaah u are funny,but to be honest these people are the biggest hypocrites ever liveth,I was born and brought up in the north,their muslims girls can fv.ck nd do Mouth Action professionally yet under the hijab,most of dem abort pass their chiristian sister sef,even clubing,I can count dozen of muslims girls in my street alone who are now having unwanted pregnant witout husband, I knw all their secretes,cos I live with them till date,bunches of hypocrites
fvckn, Mouth Action, abotion is not peculiar to only these people, it's everywhere. Where is the statistic for ur claim that they abort more than thier christian counterparts. Stop this religion bigotism thing.. it wont take us anywhere.. it will rather do us more harm.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by sparkleRed(f): 8:27am On Nov 26, 2015
agrovick:

Oya dey go work

2day na my convocation grin at University of Benin you all re invited to cme snap wit me no food oo tho cry
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by agrovick(m): 8:38am On Nov 26, 2015
sparkleRed:

2day na my convocation grin at University of Benin you all re invited to cme snap wit me no food oo tho cry
Yayyyyy, happy convocation. You should have told me earlier jor, would have just entered Warri yesterday and then ball in to Uniben today. Congratulations and big Bear hugs from my side
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 26, 2015
enieme:

I've heard even some sects of Christianity e. G deeper life have problems with d uniform too. I remember d last day on camp iI saw a Christian corpse on khaki skirts.

Christian "corpse" indeed. Kwikwikwikwi
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 26, 2015
neocortex:

Typical response of those who have nothing to write.

It is not my fault if you can't connect simple dots,
not everything needs to be spelt out for you to
understand.

Typical response of a dunderhead
I am not surprised
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 26, 2015
menabae:
hahhahahaah u are funny,but to be honest these people are the biggest hypocrites ever liveth,I was born and brought up in the north,their muslims girls can fv.ck nd do Mouth Action professionally yet under the hijab,most of dem abort pass their chiristian sister sef,even clubing,I can count dozen of muslims girls in my street alone who are now having unwanted pregnant witout husband, I knw all their secretes,cos I live with them till date,bunches of hypocrites

Ode!

How is it news that humans being are hypocrites undecided

Should their hypocrisy affect their right to freedom of religion in a secular state?

You should shoot yourself
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2015
agrovick:
All these Islamabad folks be shouting Nigeria is a secular state, the fact that she is a secular state means you conform with official rules and regulations irrespective of whether it goes against your religious beliefs.
And for goodness sake, you all should read the post again, 'lban on long hijabs not on all hijabs'

The fact that it is a secular state means that you have to respect the laws of the land and also have to consider that this religion has more than 40% adherents in Nigeria
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by agrovick(m): 10:48am On Nov 26, 2015
daretodiffer:

The fact that it is a secular state means that you have to respect the laws of the land and also have to consider that this religion has more than 40% adherents in Nigeria
not spiritual: of or relating to the physical world and not the spiritual world: 
not religious

That's Merriam Webster's definition of secular, going by that definition it means anything religion is not accepted in government establishments in secular nations. Yet you guys keep yapping about hijabs, the DG is not banning hijabs in total but the long flowing ones and his reason for doing this is plausible but you all keep screaming blue murder. We don't hear of any Muslim body protesting the carnage wrought by your extremists. I guess mode of dressing is more important than human lives
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by menabae(f): 11:01am On Nov 26, 2015
daretodiffer:

Ode!

How is it news that humans being are hypocrites undecided

Should their hypocrisy affect their right to freedom of religion in a secular state?

You should shoot yourself

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by OkikiolaQ1(m): 11:54am On Nov 26, 2015
I wish to update the followers of the purported story of ban of Hijab in NYSC camps and the general public TRUE POSITION OF THE MATTER and the latest development on the story. There was no any protest over the ban of Hijab at the NYSC camp by any Muslim youth Organization. what happened was that the MUSLIM YOUTH LEAGUE IN DAWAH wrote to the DG for a courtesy call and it was approved. But during the arrival of the group they met with the Nation Ameer (president) of MUSLIM COPPERS ASSOCIATION at the DG NYSC office. The group told the MCAN Nat Ameer about their mission and he advised them to always inform the Headquarters of their movement in order to avail them with the latest informations. During the courtesy meeting with DG NYSC, they demanded that NYSC should allow the Muslim sister to use full Hijab at NYSC Camps. The DG thereafter confirm the agreement reached with the MCAN Nationalexecutives that the Muslims sister would be allowed to use Hijab to their knees.
For the purpose of record, the MCAN is the authorized leader for all coppers in Nigeria, any other group act on their own volition.
The DG NYSC discredited the ban of Hijab, which was published by several media houses misleading false headlines that Hijab has been banned in the NYSC scheme. He said and i qoute ' Nobody can ban the use of Hijab in NYSC.....' This was confirmed in a text message the DG immediately replied to the National Ameer MCAN letter after the false news was published. The DG assured MCAN of collective creating a lasting solution to the issues. The DG discredited the misleading news of some media houses and bloggers such as Punch, daily trust, and linda Ikeji among others. He affirmed his willingness to work with MCAN executives to attain better NYSC.

'We didn't ban the use Hijab in NYSC Camps nationwide. D news in circulation is not from NYSC. We met and agreed with the Nat Ameer of MCAN that sisters would be allowed to use Hijab to their knees' -DG NYSC

Base on the above evidences, i encourage all of us to join hands in respecting the institution and right to worship by all. If nudity is allowed and the modesty is been wished to be banned, what will be our moral justifications.

Hasan Qasim Okikiola
Islam Columnist
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by mirexxx(f): 1:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
[quote authordaretodiffer post=40408764]

Why don't you mind your effing business and let other practice their religion?

How would you know when you are busy pokenosing into other people's business?[/quote]loool answer my simple question na
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
agrovick:

not spiritual: of or relating to the physical world and not the spiritual world: 
not religious

That's Merriam Webster's definition of secular, going by that definition it means anything religion is not accepted in government establishments in secular nations. Yet you guys keep yapping about hijabs, the DG is not banning hijabs in total but the long flowing ones and his reason for doing this is plausible but you all keep screaming blue murder. We don't hear of any Muslim body protesting the carnage wrought by your extremists. I guess mode of dressing is more important than human lives

How does the use of hijab make Nigeria a Muslim country?

Why is hijab accepted in British schools, USA and other western countries undecided

Why would any sane Muslim protest?

Some school of thought believes in the use of long hijab. They believe that it is correct mode of dressing therefore it is paramount to their worship as bible is to a Christians.

The man has not given any tangible reason for banning long hijab in NYSC
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by sparkleRed(f): 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2015
agrovick:

Yayyyyy, happy convocation. You should have told me earlier jor, would have just entered Warri yesterday and then ball in to Uniben today. Congratulations and big Bear hugs from my side

Lol thanks kiss
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by agrovick(m): 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
daretodiffer:

How does the use of hijab make Nigeria a Muslim country?

Why is hijab accepted in British schools, USA and other western countries undecided

Why would any sane Muslim protest?

Some school of thought believes in the use of long hijab. They believe that it is correct mode of dressing therefore it is paramount to their worship as bible is to a Christians.

The man has not given any tangible reason for banning long hijab in NYSC
I only gave u the definition of a secular country and since it's the yardstick (secular) you are using for your argument then we should follow it to the letter.
He gave a reason, the security situation situation the country is currently bedeviled with. I believe this reason is genuine enough for the time being (I hope you do know it's restricted only to the 3 weeks in camp?)
Is the bold your response to why Muslims have never protested the killings by the 'extremists'

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) / Abuja Corper Sleeping On A Bridge In Kubwa (Photos) / Corper Ese Arumala Has Been Missing For 2 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.