Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,870 members, 7,798,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles (23684 Views)

Army Arrests Notorious Kidnapper "Burtu" In Kaduna State (Photos) / EFCC Arrests Pastor Over Fraud / EFCC Arrests ‘pastor’ For N200m Fraud (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by dre11(m): 7:39am On Nov 25, 2015
…nabs 2 fake majors too

The Nigerian Army said yesterday in Port Harcourt that it has arrested a pastor and two others who faked miracles and healing to deceive members of his church and the public.

Presenting the suspects to newsmen, Army Public Relations Officer, 2nd Brigade, Nigeria Army, Port Harcourt, Capt. Eli Lazarus, said the suspects have several members.

Lazarus said: “We got a tip-off from a member of the church who complained of immoral and fraudulent activities going on there.

“The self-acclaimed pastor and his collaborators (names withheld) were subsequently arrested, and they confessed to duping unsuspecting members of the public of various sums of money.

“The suspects also confessed to stage-managing miracles and healing to attract members to their church located along Aluu community near Port Harcourt.”

He said the suspects would be handed over to the police for further investigation and possible arraignment in court.

He urged members of the public to be weary of fake pastors, urging them to supply information about them to security agencies which could effect their arrest.

The prime suspect (names withheld), a 27 years old man and founding pastor of the church, confessed to paying his collaborators undisclosed sums of money to give false testimonies.

The suspect said his church, Revelation Power Ministry, has over 100 worshipers.

“I told my accomplices to tell my church congregation that after performing miracles they were healed from a terminal illness.

“This was done to enable me draw more members to the church and retain the old ones, numbering over 100.

“So, after praying for them during church service, they would lift up their hands and testify about their healing.

“I am very sorry for my actions which have offended God and man; and if forgiven, I will live a life that will be pleasing to Heaven,” the suspect said.

In a related development, ‎the Nigerian Army in Port Harcourt has arrested two male suspects for allegedly parading themselves as ‘Majors’ in the army.

Capt. Lazarus made the disclosure yesterday while parading the suspects before newsmen.

Lazarus said the two suspects, Fabian Enudi, 39, and Samuel Agaga, 38, indigenes of Delta and Bayelsa states were arrested separately, dressed in full army uniforms with the rank of a Major.

“Enudi, dressed in army uniform, presented himself as an army major to our troops at a security checkpoint in Mbiama area, Ahoada West Local Government Area of Rivers State.

“Enudi, realising he could not defend himself while being interrogated by our personnel at the checkpoint, speedily drove past the checkpoint in an attempt to escape arrest.

“Our troops immediately mobilised and gave him a hot pursuit spanning several kilometres until he was forcefully stopped and apprehended.

“During the pursuit our troops fired warning shots to demobilise his car but unfortunately the suspect sustained gunshot wounds in his leg,” he said.

Lazarus said the suspect confessed to being a major supplier and transporter of cannabis and other banned substances for an unknown drug cartel.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/army-arrests-pastor-2-others-over-fake-miracles/

lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by sunddy: 7:41am On Nov 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by Chanchit: 7:43am On Nov 25, 2015
Na person weh get sense go teach person weh no get sense, since some people follow miracle like shark follow blood. But wetin concern Army with arrest?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by Gattus: 7:44am On Nov 25, 2015
End time scammers

5 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by boboLIL(m): 7:48am On Nov 25, 2015
End time miracles....end time pastors helping end time desperate people

3 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by jaymejate: 8:11am On Nov 25, 2015
Na wa o, these "we sha go chop" pastors de bad shape Christianity.

Them plenty o, and God go de catch them one by one.

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by menix(m): 8:14am On Nov 25, 2015
Misplaced Priority..

In a sane Clime, the army intelligence is to ensure safety of its territory but the Nigerian Army intelligence is to discover nd arrest fake pastors while bokoharam unleashes terror in its territory..

It's is written, in the End of time so many false prophet will come in my name but the ammonite(end time) soldiers will arrest some..

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by iambabaG: 8:17am On Nov 25, 2015
Y r some Nigerians soo gualible? Dis guys shuld be dealt wit because they r exploiting d unsuspecting public..
WARNING.. Just pray to ur God, u don't need a criminal nd rouge 2 lay their caused hands on u!! I'm sure dey were looking for overnight riches; nd dey lost d little dey had..

ANTICHRIST PROPHETS.. ENDTIME!!

5 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by ijustdey: 8:17am On Nov 25, 2015
so, if army is arresting fake pastor and prophets.....

what is then the work of the police.

instead of them to gather information and intelligence on how to deal with Boko haram and security......
they are best looking for fake pastors

12 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by kennyman2000(m): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2015
Hmmmm.. End time pastors!

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by slightlyMad(f): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2015
so much for these miracle pastors who cant heal amputees
Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by jovincyy10(m): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2015
Pastors of nowadays are something else, they will use words n fake doings to scam people..God help us
Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by macaranta(m): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2015
Army don turn police (First story)

2 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by rebelXYZ: 8:18am On Nov 25, 2015
iambabaG:
Brb
where u dey go

2 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by EKONGKING: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2015
For God sake what is the role of army in a democracy. Only in a comedy country like Nigeria army performs the role of police.
Nigerian army intelligence could better used to destroy bokoharam and fulani cattle herders.

8 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by funmilade4real(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2015
Mmm
Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by tollytexy(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2015
That sh*t has been existing since 1947. So if we start screening all miracle working pastors.. 80% of them are Fake.. but anyway.. I'm available oo in case any pastor won rent me to disguise for miracle

5 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by abbaapple: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2015
What a Mother Told Her Daughter
who Was Looking
For a Husband.
My Daughter, looking for a husband
is not the same
thing as looking for a job. When you
are looking for a
job, you think of money and luxury.
But when
you are looking for a husband, you
think of love,
commitment and sacrifice. Money
is good but it is
love and commitment that will bind
your marriage.
Do you know what? When your
Father approached
me, I was 21. I still remember that
day. He didn’t
have a car, he used to drive his
mother’s bicycle. I
never used to do make up. We fell
in love. Do you
see this house? I was there when
your Father built it.
I use to come here every day and
supervise the
workers. You see that old red car
outside? We both
contribute money to buy it, it was
our first car. Your
Dad will use it Monday to Friday and
I will use it
weekend, except when one person
need it more
than the other. So, do not be afraid
of starting small.
The most important thing is love,
commitment and
dedication. Behind every successful
man is a
woman and behind every
unsuccessful man is also a
woman, choose where you will
belong. My Daughter,
let a man see the real you and love
the real you.
When you pretend and look like
what
you are not and a man marry you,
then one day when
he begins seeing the real you, that
is where problem
will start. There are some kind of
men you should
avoid or be careful with. If you see
a man always
giving money to people and helping
so many people
but when you visit his home, his
sister looks hungry
and the mother is badly dressed
then be wise. Think
about it. A man that can’t support
his own is not trust
worthy . My Daughter be careful of
a man with too
many secret. Think twice about a
man that keeps too
much to himself. How can you live
with a man you
don’t know anything about? You
have the right to
know his fears and his dreams.
Know what you are
getting into. When I married your
Dad I knew his
plans and I played my role to help
him and here we
are. Watch carefully the way a man
treats his sisters
and people around him, habits are
very hard to
change, if he is treating them bad
then he may treat
you bad. Pay every big attention to
what I am about
to say now, open your ears very
well. If a man ever
hit you while you are arguing, beat
you up for any
reason, do not bring such a man to
introduce to me.
Do not even think of marrying him.
Or else you may
spend every day defending your
life instead of living
your life. There are some men that
don’t give because
they don’t have but there are
others that don’t give
because they are stingy. Think
twice about such men.
If you see a man who drinks too
much every time or
smoke too much, do not expect
him to change
when you marry him. Marry
someone you are sure
you can live with, not
someone you are hopping will
change. Observe the
kind of friends a man moves with,
it has a lot to do
with who he is. My Daughter, I can’t
choose a
husband for you but i have given
you advice that will
guide you. I can’t
wait for you to bring that man
home and I can’t wait
to dance with you on your wedding
day.........

7 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by bugzbunny: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2015
Better
For the poster above...
Mumu.. U dnt eat in the toilet
Wrong epistle...wrong thread
Go to romance or somthing undecided

2 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by tochyano(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2015
sad
Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by chigoizie7(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm

What d fvck are all those soldiers doing in rivers? When borno, maidugari and co are burning?

Seriously, I just wish naija judges have common senses, I. Just wish they can judge based on naija constitution and not with their deluded brains. I for become billionaire by now, because na to de go up and down de sue churches wey de dupe people up and down. END TIME churches.

But if u try it here, instead of the judge to see your case for what it is, they will see you as some one who is demonic and hates the preaching of the gospel(fake gospel).

END TIME RELIGIOUS FANATICS,

I know some of them will still attack me here on NL, "bring it on"

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by hardywaltz(m): 8:20am On Nov 25, 2015
Nabbing spree
Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by itsIYKE(m): 8:20am On Nov 25, 2015
97% of miracles in Nigeria are stage managed.........just that some are more obvious than others..........TB joshuas own is the dumbest

3 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by nikkiking(m): 8:20am On Nov 25, 2015
Welcome to the zoo naija.

Where no one escape crimes tongue.

When shall I see my home.......Wna aba international.

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by Sijo01(f): 8:20am On Nov 25, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by Zaikon(m): 8:21am On Nov 25, 2015
gbam
Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by free2ryhme: 8:21am On Nov 25, 2015
Chanchit:
Na person weh get sense go teach person weh no get sense, since some people follow miracle like shark follow blood. But wetin concern Army with arrest?

when police no gree do their work nkor
Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by parzdor(m): 8:21am On Nov 25, 2015
PARZDORLEE
Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by free2ryhme: 8:21am On Nov 25, 2015
tochyano:
sad
MrLouisVanGaal:
lol
udeaccu1:
grin
EKONGKING:
Ok
funmilade4real:
Mmm
tollytexy:
R
macaranta:
K
chigoizie7:
Hmmmmmmmm
itsIYKE:
N
sunddy:

End time posters, Una no de tire

2 Likes

Re: Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles by Dottore: 8:22am On Nov 25, 2015
Serves them right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Suspected Armed Robbers Beaten To Death In Bayelsa (Graphic Photos) / Abia Court Sentences Two Former Bakassi Operatives To Death By Hanging / Kano State Police Shoot 3 Robbers Dead,Recover Weapons(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.