Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin (16414 Views)

TSTV Set To Launch October 1st, Debunks Cabal Rumor / TSTV To Launch October With Over 11 Sports Channels / BBC Staff Caught Watching A Sex Scene During Live News Broadcast - See Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by scholes0(m): 9:42am On Nov 25, 2015

The UK Government is about to inject £85m a year in enhancing and expanding BBC services around the world including in Russia, North Korea, the Middle East and Africa (Yoruba, Somali) as part of its expansion programme.

The list of services to be expanded using the funding include enhanced TV services for Africa, new radio services for audiences in North Korea and radio and digital services for Ethiopia and Eritrea.
Details of which languages the BBC will broadcast in to Ethiopia and Eritrea will be announced later.
The BBC will also expand TV, radio and digital offerings in Somalia, India, Nigeria and Thailand.
A TV service will be added to the existing service for Somalia.
[size=14pt]For Nigeria, a digital service will be started in Pidgin and Yoruba.[/size]
"Pidgin is a popular language among young people in Nigeria and across West Africa," said Liliane Landor, controller of languages at the World Service.
It will also help boost digital and TV services for Russian speakers, both in Russia and the surrounding communities.
The corporation presently reaches 308 million people worldwide, and it hopes to increase the number to 500 million by 2022.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34902244

Pls Front page, let us inform fellow Nigerians about this. Thanks.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by kodded(m): 9:48am On Nov 25, 2015
ok
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Bigprozzie: 9:49am On Nov 25, 2015
Good one. Yorubas are highly respected

When will the world take Igbos seriously?

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by gozmok1(m): 9:56am On Nov 25, 2015
My people please can someone tell me what is happening to our apostles of good governance during the last administration? why is everybody quiet about the fuel scarcity that has lingered for almost one month now. Our APC fans whom are you blaming now GEJ or Dieziani? what of our bring back crusaders?plz why have they gone cold or are the girls back? A bag of rice is now 11,500 I guess it will get to about 14k before Xmas. Last year we bought a full bag for between 7,500 to 8000 at Christmas. You guys are in charge now for 6 months yet all we get are excuses and blame game. what am I even hearing about TSA? corruption among the saints? You no longer criticise our soldiers. You have stopped calling them names.Our president has approved the release of 413bn to pay for subsidy. I thought they said subsidy amount was over bloated during the time of GEJ. Why are my people not talking again? How much job has been created since May 2015? How many unemployed Nigerians have started receiving the 5000 stipend? Why are we not asking questions? Has promise of Change become Change of promise? We are just watching.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by YourNemesis: 9:56am On Nov 25, 2015
Wao, you mean I can finally tune my TV and Radio to the BBC Yoruba or Pidgin News Channels?

Lalasticlala, FP, Abeeeeg smiley

6 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Lordave: 9:56am On Nov 25, 2015
BBC remembering our languages.

LordCenturion:
I knw that my brothers(wailers) from south yeast wil feel jelous just the way they force dstv to creat africa magic igbo...i knw that they wil hate this development... They wil soon start crying for BBC Biafra ...the guy after the guy below me can testify to this.
Mumu, have you seen anybody speak ill about this news on this thread? If you want to be a tribalist, be a tribalist with sense and not a brainless bigot.

When the news of the most powerful black man in Britain was posted here, most of your likes were jumping up and down trying to prove how the man is a slave to Queen Elizabeth and the British Royal Family because he is Igbo.

Here you are licking your dirty fingers in ecstasy and beating your flat chest cos BBC Yoruba.

28 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Eziokwu1: 9:58am On Nov 25, 2015
So after the BBC Hausa, the Yoruba are about to get their own ...

Britain!, Britain!!, Britain!!!, How many times did i call your name?

5 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Kyase(m): 10:05am On Nov 25, 2015
Eziokwu1:
So after the BBC Hausa, the Yoruba are about to get their own ...

Britain!, Britain!!, Britain!!!, How many times did i call your name?
Ibos will be last as usuall just like with the case of DSTV grin
BBC is marginalizing ibos-ipod

38 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Sall(m): 10:07am On Nov 25, 2015
Yes great for the Yoruba race am really happy for that

4 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by madridguy(m): 10:09am On Nov 25, 2015
OMO O'DUA NIMI TOKANTOKAN.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by looseweight: 11:22am On Nov 25, 2015
IBO should protest for there own inclusion, or else, we will go to our Biafra

5 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
That girl SAMBARRY will like this one undecided

Anyway biafrans are working and watching.

4 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by miqos02(m): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
cool

BONANZA BONANZA BONANZA

check my signature
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by xmich(m): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
WORLD LEADERS REACT TO TURKEY'S DOWNING OF RUSSIAN JET

http://www./2015/11/world-leaders-react-to-turkeys-downing.html?m=1
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by zpakln(f): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
E kaasan o, iroyin Agbaye lo'n de si eti igbo yin, Lati Ile Ise BBC, Oniroyin yin ni Adekemi Alonge

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
No need!! We get WAZOBIA FM Already
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by kekakuz(m): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
tongue[size=20pt] when will they launch BBC igbo
So they can use it to communicate the punishment for carrying drugs incase they don't understand English [/size]

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by LordCenturion(m): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
I knw that my brothers(wailers) from South East wil feel jelous just the way they force dstv to creat africa magic igbo...i knw that they wil hate this development... They wil soon start crying for BBC Biafra igbo...the guy after the guy below me can testify to it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by SuPeRq(f): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
Hmmm
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Bonapart(m): 11:24am On Nov 25, 2015
Who they lie all these lies about euroba language this morning
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by ahmedgafar7(m): 11:24am On Nov 25, 2015
Lesson for STV to stop forming foreign..even BBC is going local nd NTA to change dat dier 1940 camera

4 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Beehshorp(m): 11:25am On Nov 25, 2015
As much as I like my tribe being Igbo I just love the one Nigeria part..
God bless Nigeria

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by seunny4lif(m): 11:25am On Nov 25, 2015
Yoruba, I hail una ooooh grin cool juju at work shocked
Odua republic loading.....
Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by trigar12(m): 11:26am On Nov 25, 2015
Yoruba people, everywhere you go grin

16 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by femi4: 11:27am On Nov 25, 2015
Kyase:

Ibos will be last as usuall just like with the case of DSTV grin
thats y they want Biafra.

1 Like

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by gigabyte13: 11:28am On Nov 25, 2015
We don hear na abi wetin? Una wan give our lovely bro, from the Southeast HBP ni? Nonsense.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 25, 2015
Bigprozzie:
Good one. Yorubas are highly respected

When will the world take Igbos seriously?

Igbos prefer to speak pidgin english than their language- so you can technically say BBC already took Igbos seriously by considering the pidgin english channel. But if na warri man dey read the news I go watch am pass BBC english channel

4 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by obinnashady(m): 11:28am On Nov 25, 2015
They know ibos don't need those things cos they understand English better than the Hausas and yorubas

4 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by seunny4lif(m): 11:28am On Nov 25, 2015
kekakuz:
tongue[size=20pt] when will they launch BBC igbo
Do they can use it to communicate the punishment for carrying drugs incase they don't understand English [/size]
See wahala oooh grin
Am buying this land for future use
419 beware angry

2 Likes

Re: BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin by Funjosh(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Comedy Skit - "I Want To Bury Corruption" / 9 Movies Car And Speed Lovers Should Watch / "Alero's Diary" Nollywood Movie Gets Positive Reviews Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.