Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai (36917 Views)

When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I / Dogara Built House At Wuse, Abuja Within 6 Months As Speaker - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
If el-Rufai is tired,he should do the honourable thing which is quitting the job.
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by millionboi(m): 12:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
DuchessLily:
Hahahahaha... E no easy abi?? But the money and power u went there for should encourage u to continue nau
No Mind m,him no see money steal
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by oliver003: 12:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
Not really tired but no money as he expected as a result of falling in oil prices which indirectly affect the state government revenue.
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by gbishman: 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
El-rufai u are spot on. The hardest and most tideous job is the creation of jobs . It takes a sound visioneer to be able to achieve this. U see other governors looking fresh, over blotted and happy while the people are looking like his reverse and still yet his not bothered. God bless u abundantly
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by bjdon: 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
I guess being a governor is a lot more demanding than being an armchair critic on twitter.

1 Like

Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by AhmadMind: 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
[size=28pt]Naaahh....Just a Ploy...

So PMB talks of Saboteurs and this guy talks of Tiredness.....

.....I am wondering the Political Calculations SMH
[/size]

Chosen1984:
If this young man is tired, what do you think of Baba Minister of Petroleum?

1 Like

Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by gbagyiza: 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
mandhi:
Serious minded leader

well spoken. I think most people commenting here dont understand d attribute of a visionary leader, because of the vision he has for his people n d willingness to achieve them warranted this statement. I am from kaduna state d level of job employment going on in d state so far is impressive.he has just recruited graduate for teaching job,job recruitment for 10 person each from every ward in d state is going on, another recruitment for cooks in all d primary schools is on going, d kaduna state taxi scheme i, working on youth empowerment programme is at d pipe line........in fact am really impressed with d governor so far.how many of his colleagues r even thinking of embarking on dis kind of programmes.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by gboye1999: 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
El Rufai has just revealed a clear and indicting fact concerning African leaders who grow fat and fresher while in office; if our Nigerian leaders are really selfless, know what they are doing and do what they are supposed to be doing, there's no way anyone can get into office and come out fat. That's what Mr Rufai is saying to y'all.

cc: Those not-too-smart people are asking him to resign.

God bless you....
I was getting bored with the kind of comments posted.
Here's a guy that gives an idea what good leadership should be like.
There's no way you keep thinking of improving the lot of 12 million people, provide enabling environment for business, develop infrastructure and you don't get burn out...
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by viktor01(m): 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
euromilion:
Believe him,then believe anything,as if they care about you.

82% of 8000000 people in kaduna are below 35yrs of age?.
I've not been to kaduna but,I say it's a lie.

Youths = 82/100 *8000000 = 6560000

Adults =100%-82% = 18%
;. Adults = 18/100 *8000000 = 1440000.

Deduction, from the above calculations, it can only be inferred that the birth rate of the Kaduna people is ALARMING..
#EL RUFAI
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by arabianights: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
londonrivals:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-fkDsK7SUSBU/VlV8wwMDP6I/AAAAAAAHcCM/jGo3QPY2SlA/s400/index.jpg[/img]
Kaduna state governor Nasir El-Rufai says the stress of seeking ways of creating jobs for the teeming unemployed youths in Kaduna state has left him tired after just 5 months of assuming office. El Rufai said this while speaking at the just-concluded Ake Arts and Book Festival which held in Abeokuta, Ogun State November 17-21.

“As a state governor the challenge for me is what to do to create jobs in Kaduna State. Eighty-two per cent of the eight million people in Kaduna State are below the age of 35.
My challenge is not whether population grows next year or the year after. It is to get jobs for this young people, otherwise no one will sleep in peace. Frankly speaking, five months as governor, I am already tired. I honestly do not think that anyone who wants to do this job seriously can do it for more than four years and not burn out. When I look at some of my colleagues, some are putting on weight, they are looking nice, I ask them, ‘how do you do it?”he said

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/11/5-months-as-governor-i-am-already-tired.html

How wont they add weight? not everyone thinks for the greater good.how many of them are even formulating strategies/ bastards
Do your best and god will do the rest,dear governor.
i even heard that katsina governor has no inclination whatsoever on what to do.every singleshege wants to eat out of national cake as if its their birthright

best thing is to get foreign investors let private sector provide jobs...... unemplyment is an issue in every country in this world.
he just has to think of how to create hjobs for as many as possible then promote businesses aswell as entrepreneurship.

thats alll
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by Consultville(m): 12:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
People who do the most jobs are not the ones you see physically, but the ones who do the mental jobs. Well done sir!

Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by bolanto24(m): 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
searching4l0ve:
undecided INSTEAD OF THE IGBOS TO DEMAND GOOD LEADERSHIP AND JOB CREATIONS FROM THEIR GOVERNORS LIKE EL-RUFAI IS DOING UP NORTH, THEY ARE SHOUTING BIAFRA AS IF MONEY AND GOOD LEADERSHIP WILL GROW ON TREES IN THEIR YEYE BIAFRA LAND. SOME PEOPLE HAVE EYES THEY CANT SEE. THEY JUST ALLOWED NNAMDI KANU TO MISLEAD THEM AND SET THEIR PRESIDENTIAL AMBITION BACKWARDS BY ANOTHER 100 YEARS. undecided I PITY THE IGBOS INDEED sad

Why are you crying for the bereaved Leave the Igbos alone abeg. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by Amanwulu1(m): 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
searching4l0ve:
undecided INSTEAD OF THE IGBOS TO DEMAND GOOD LEADERSHIP AND JOB CREATIONS FROM THEIR GOVERNORS LIKE EL-RUFAI IS DOING UP NORTH, THEY ARE SHOUTING BIAFRA AS IF MONEY AND GOOD LEADERSHIP WILL GROW ON TREES IN THEIR YEYE BIAFRA LAND. SOME PEOPLE HAVE EYES THEY CANT SEE. THEY JUST ALLOWED NNAMDI KANU TO MISLEAD THEM AND SET THEIR PRESIDENTIAL AMBITION BACKWARDS BY ANOTHER 100 YEARS. undecided I PITY THE IGBOS INDEED sad
pls what benefits has ur ethnic presidency brought u as an individual?
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by arabianights: 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
[quote author=gboye1999 post=40389404]

God bless you....
I was getting bored with the kind of comments posted.
Here's a guy that gives an idea what good leadership should be like.
There's no way you keep thinking of improving the lot of 12 million people, provide enabling environment for business, develop infrastructure and you don't get burn out...
[/quote

ON POINT.
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by Fearcom(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Buh you were not tired of throwing insults @ GEJ when he was on the hot seat looking for solutions to Nigeria's problem undecided

Arrant nonsense!

Onwe bedi ihe ifuru grin grin grin

Jona was tired too. The only difference was that Jona didn't SAY he was sick and tired grin
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by crackhouse(m): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2015
jaymejate:
Na people force you to come do Governor?
Think b4 u speak in public man
i don't think u understand what the man means by saying that. Just read again and comment later pls.
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
Some people have allowed their political party obsessions and tribalism to destroy their sense of reason.

I thought that a lot of people would hold on to El Rufai's words about some people (the real thieves and enemies of progress) adding weight in the face of enormous economic troubles but instead they saw only where he reasonably said he was fatigued selflessly thinking up ways of bettering the lot of Kaduna youths. Only a few reasonable people saw the significance of El Rufai's words. And these few people are the hope of this country.
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by mauriceju2(m): 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
just give them koran and bomb and you have settle them for life
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by slimfit1(m): 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
I'm disappointed already so much opportunities in kaduna are being missed.
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by JurassicPark: 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
APC: Association of Professional Conmen

When they like something, they tell us the exact opposite..

so whatever they say, take the direct opposite as valid

God watching y'all in 3D

#Scammers
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by daytal: 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
londonrivals:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-fkDsK7SUSBU/VlV8wwMDP6I/AAAAAAAHcCM/jGo3QPY2SlA/s400/index.jpg[/img]
Kaduna state governor Nasir El-Rufai says the stress of seeking ways of creating jobs for the teeming unemployed youths in Kaduna state has left him tired after just 5 months of assuming office. El Rufai said this while speaking at the just-concluded Ake Arts and Book Festival which held in Abeokuta, Ogun State November 17-21.

“As a state governor the challenge for me is what to do to create jobs in Kaduna State. Eighty-two per cent of the eight million people in Kaduna State are below the age of 35.
My challenge is not whether population grows next year or the year after. It is to get jobs for this young people, otherwise no one will sleep in peace. Frankly speaking, five months as governor, I am already tired. I honestly do not think that anyone who wants to do this job seriously can do it for more than four years and not burn out. When I look at some of my colleagues, some are putting on weight, they are looking nice, I ask them, ‘how do you do it?”he said

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/11/5-months-as-governor-i-am-already-tired.html

This man always think he is d most intelligent-It is now he knows to govern is nt easy.He should resign and go home,I trust him he won't do that because of the money they are getting there.u neva see anything

1 Like

Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by gabicon: 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. Many Governors can and would love to do more but our system of governance, as currently constituted, means the greatest tools of empowering the people still resides with the Federal government. for example, the emergence of a thriving SME sector (small to medium enterprises) , which is usually the biggest employer of labour worldwide, will not be a reality without constant and adequate power supply.

I do agree that uneasy lies the head that wears the crown but I think we need to stop making excuses for our govonors. Countries make a living on agriculture or better still we made a living on agriculture before oil and the last I checked we don't need electricity to plough our farms if we plant hectares of land filled with cocoa, groundnut, coffee, bell apple's, grapes, cashew etc that's a huge amount of foreign exchange, if we can get boats and do ocean fishing that huge forex for us. What's stops the state governments from leasing lands to farmerz and purchasing modern farm machinery and renting it to them? Why can't they partner with agro tech firms on technology that will enhance crop productivity?

Why can't states invest in partnership with mining companies to explore the natural resources in their states? If we keep puting the blame on FG we won't move fwd and it is my opinion that if we have 24 7 electricity most states will remain the same. I mean Donald Duke showed us what vision can create in a state. Let our govonors show us what their vision can create.
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by IMO22(m): 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
Som of our Leaders(supposed servants) talk like they fulfill their mandate wit personal resources.Oga we re paying 4 ur service...Many died in an attempt 2 get u there Nd all u can after 5months is "AYAM TAYAD" Smh 4 dis country!!
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by X21: 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2015
searching4l0ve:

IGBOPHOBIA

1 Like

Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by boshsparow: 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
gbam
permsec:
Then climb the Kufena mountain and do the needful. i.e Join the likes of HID, Abubakar Audu et al
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by IMO22(m): 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
Som of our Leaders(supposed servants) talk like they fulfill their mandate wit personal resources.Oga we re paying 4 ur service...Many died in an attempt 2 get u there Nd all we get after 5months is "AYAM TAYAD" Smh 4 dis country!!
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by judiciarypalava: 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
searching4l0ve:

Real Scientific wailer has come onboard.
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by mandhi(m): 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
gbagyiza:

well spoken. I think most people commenting here dont understand d attribute of a visionary leader, because of the vision he has for his people n d willingness to achieve them warranted this statement. I am from kaduna state d level of job employment going on in d state so far is impressive.he has just recruited graduate for teaching job,job recruitment for 10 person each from every ward in d state is going on, another recruitment for cooks in all d primary schools is on going, d kaduna state taxi scheme i, working on youth empowerment programme is at d pipe line........in fact am really impressed with d governor so far.how many of his colleagues r even thinking of embarking on dis kind of programmes.
The highlight prompted the statement.
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by mandhi(m): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
daytal:

This man always think he is d most intelligent-It is now he knows to govern is nt easy.He should resign and go home,I trust him he won't do that because of the money they are getting there.u neva see anything
Pls even as Minister of fct under PDP he performed better than any PDP member now. Still the best FCT till date. The job only became harder in kaduna because of the high level of unemployment, illiteracy and miss governance in the state.
He only left the PDP when he found out their ingenuity to rule properly as leaders.
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by Abagworo(m): 1:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
steffans:
U never see anything..

Am sure he thought it was like operating a twitter handle..

You will never understand the power of the seat.. Until u seat on it..

Lol. Your statement reminds me of Oshiomole as NLC leader and Oshiomole as Governor. Maybe if people like Gani or Wole Soyinka or even Fela occupied that hot seat their name wouldn't signify activism again. Do we still consider Oshimole a comrade?
Re: 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai by mandhi(m): 1:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
JurassicPark:
APC: Association of Professional Conmen

When they like something, they tell us the exact opposite..

so whatever they say, take the direct opposite as valid

God watching y'all in 3D

#Scammers
And the PDP have been saying the right thing for 16years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Winners, Losers As 32 States Get More VAT Share Than They Generate / Magu: DSS Orders Journalists Out Of Presidential Villa / Fact Check Of Atiku's Interview With Arise TV By The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.