Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile (2014 Views)

When Someone Lifts Your Facebook Photo And Uses It As Their Profile Pix On Nl / Why Is It That Many Nairalanders Don't Post Their Profile Pix? / Why Do Most Girls Don't Upload Their Pics In Their Profile (2) (3) (4)

Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by deji2005(m): 12:29pm On May 25, 2009
could it because they not confortable with it or maybe they dont want others to see them, some peole would rather put celeb picture instead of theirs Y Y Y ?
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by eleshin(m): 12:34pm On May 25, 2009
one of the reasons sha!for me its because i dnt want anybody to see me cos i'm just too ugly.
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by opuro(m): 12:37pm On May 25, 2009
one mans meat is another mans poi
if you like carry your album paste am here
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by deji2005(m): 12:39pm On May 25, 2009
thanks guys for that reply am going to remove mines now because all this 419 people may use it, appreciate that bro
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Feelitx(m): 1:26pm On May 25, 2009
You probably will have nightmares if we all put up our pictures. Some of us wowo.
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Orimili(m): 2:48pm On May 25, 2009
deji2005:

could it because they not confortable with it or maybe they dont want others to see them, some peole would rather put celeb picture instead of theirs Y Y Y ?

No, bitch, it's called anonymity. That's what the internet is about. If we all started putting our pics all over the internet, then it would defeat the purpose of privacy, wouldn't it?

Also, since you're complaining, where is your profile pic? Do you rather put cars in your profile because you are afraid of how you look, or are you too not comfortable with your own self? Why, Why, Why?

/rant
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Ezeja(f): 4:11pm On May 25, 2009
Putin a pic is no big deal, its not all abt one being urgly or fine, i think we shud consider our privacy & wat fraudsters do wit it onnet.
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by spoilt(f): 4:56pm On May 25, 2009
Security reasons. You can send your pics privately to people. Not paste it up for the whole universe to see. Trust me dude there are a thousand and one things people can do with it.
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Igwe9(m): 5:28pm On May 25, 2009
To avoid distractions. smiley
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by patwhizkid(f): 5:34pm On May 25, 2009
Which distraction?
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 25, 2009
Ezeja:

Putin a pic is no big deal, its not all abt one being urgly or fine, i think we shud consider our privacy & wat fraudsters do wit it onnet.
spoilt:

Security reasons. You can send your pics privately to people. Not paste it up for the whole universe to see. Trust me dude there are a thousand and one things people can do with it.

Excuses!!!
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by lizzyA(f): 5:43pm On May 25, 2009
I dont give a damn about any security stuff,i have nothing 2 hide dats why i put my picture on my profile.I have my pictures on face book too. cool
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 25, 2009
lizzy A:

I dont give a damn about any security stuff,i have nothing 2 hide dats why i put my picture on my profile.I have my pictures on face book too. cool
Nice picture.
Nice color combinations wink
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by nethacker(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2009
mee too, I dont c anything wrong in putting ur pix here on NL if u hv no shady intention,
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Igwe9(m): 6:31pm On May 25, 2009
patwhizkid:

Which distraction?
Like diversion of attention grin
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by patwhizkid(f): 6:40pm On May 25, 2009
Divertion of attention, how? Whose attention?
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Ifedisky(m): 6:56pm On May 25, 2009
It gives security to post views that are opposite to what one's ideals are in real life. That way, you won't shock those that know you
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by agabaI23(m): 7:05pm On May 25, 2009
Ifedisky:

It gives security to post views that are opposite to what one's ideals are in real life. That way, you won't shock those that know you
I catch you! grin grin
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Igwe9(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2009
patwhizkid:

Divertion of attention, how? Whose attention?
Pat, how are you doing? smiley
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by patwhizkid(f): 7:56pm On May 25, 2009
Igwe am fine, u?
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Igwe9(m): 8:01pm On May 25, 2009
not fine, you wanna know y? smiley
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by patwhizkid(f): 8:03pm On May 25, 2009
Yup baby!
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Igwe9(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2009
I slept late last night smiley
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by patwhizkid(f): 8:09pm On May 25, 2009
Why?
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Igwe9(m): 8:11pm On May 25, 2009
you 'd know naw! smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by spoilt(f): 8:13pm On May 25, 2009
lizzy A:

Of course you dont. grin
Its not about having anything to hide. Theres nothing wrong with having a picture up.Different strokes for different folks. Lets face it, Most of the people you run into online are just virtual friends. You dont know them them from Adam and only go by what they tell you.  Some people along with their pictures on FB and other sites have their phone numbers, email address, home address, place of work etc. It knocks the socks off me.   shocked. I personally have had to call a few of my naija friends to edit their profiles and take some things out. They kind of got the point. Even though FB is supposed to only give your friends access to your info many people are guilty of adding complete strangers to their friends list!!  shocked shocked

A person who has nothing to lose could care less and I understand. However, If you work at a sensitive job you dont want to give out such details to complete or partial strangers.
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by patwhizkid(f): 8:15pm On May 25, 2009
I guess am d cause of it!
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Igwe9(m): 8:19pm On May 25, 2009
patwhizkid:

I guess am d cause of it!
cool undecided kiss
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by patwhizkid(f): 8:22pm On May 25, 2009
BTW i bade u gudnyt earlier naow
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by Igwe9(m): 8:24pm On May 25, 2009
patwhizkid:

BTW i bade u gudnyt earlier naow
Don't panic, I do research every night. smiley
Re: Why Do Some People Choose Not To Include Picture On Their Profile by patwhizkid(f): 8:25pm On May 25, 2009
Hmmmmn. What kinda research?

Company Details/lagos-nigeria / 강서키스방 클럽레드 ᛫BAMWAR8。C0M᛫ 밤워 강남키스방 하남키스방 / LEAKED VIDEO: Governor El-rufai And His Deputy, Bantex Exchanging Hot Slaps