Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps (51879 Views)

Why Are Pres. Buhari's Most Trusted Aides All Igbos..driver, Cook And Physician? / yoruba leaders insist buhari most remain in power / #2016inreview: See Buhari's Most Controversial Quotes In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by warrior01: 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
Beremx and co are being forced to face the reality now that Pshot is leading the thought process.

I have chosen not to complain on this thread or rub salt to injury.

But seriously?
This is a time of sober reflection to all political sycophants.
If perchance I am one without realizing, then I'm not excluded.

Yeah. A real time for sober reflection especially for the new Wailers In Town

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Rose2014: 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
dunkem21:

The thing tire me as him dey weep ..even beremx grin

Rose2014, na you give them wailing forms

Yes o we had to print more forms as our membership is increasing by day

Oga Passingshot temporarily registered with us this morning cheesy

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by ajepako(f): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Warning: Let no wailer see this as an opportunity to wail uncontrollably. This article is in line with my personal resolve to call the president to order on this forum whenever he missteps. Besides, GEJ was not an option in the last election. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

Fuel Scarcity: Deafening Silence from the president
One area that our hopes and expectations of good result of Buhari’s presidency were high is in the petroleum industry. Apart from the fact that the president has failed to find a permanent solution to the issue of oil subsidy in the last six months he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria, he has also failed to provide petrol to Nigerians at the regular pump price of N87 and with ease.

To say that the current situation of fuel scarcity has brought untold hardship and resulted in irreplaceable loss of productive time is an understatement. The more worrisome is the fact that the president who doubles as the nation’s minister of petroleum has not deemed it fit and necessary to address the nation (through TV or through one of his media aides) on the hardship citizens are passing through and also use the opportunity to apologize and assuage our anger. This silence is too deafening to be ignored and I hereby condemn it in its entirety, the president’s handling of the fuel scarcity we have at our hands. He should as a matter of national urgency address the nation on what is happening, the government’s efforts to normalize it and above all the long term solution (if not permanent) to the problem. Anything short of this amounts to taking Nigerians for a ride. Pure and simple!

Excessive Overseas Trip
Another area I think the president has erred in recent times is that of gallivanting abroad at every given opportunity. When ministers had not come on board I could understand the need for him to personally attend to those numerous summits and conferences but with the coming of all ministers I’d expected that there will be a drastic reduction in such journeys. The latest one to Iran for Gas Exporting Countries didn’t require his personal presence plus that of Ibe Kachikwu (Min. of state for petroleum) and Tunde Fashola (Min of Power, Works and Housing). He could have let Kachikwu and Fashola attend that one and if he must attend he should have let Ibe Kachikwu stay at home tending to the fuel crisis at hand.

As if the gaffe of the Iran trip was not enough, I read moment ago that the president is due to lead a delegation to Paris on Climate Change! Now, this one is a trip too many in my opinion. We have more pressing issues at home than climate change. Besides, we have a minister of Environment who can lead a Nigerian delegation if we must attend. Why our president must reduce himself to “Ajala travels all over the world” in the face of enormous challenges at the home front beats my imagination.

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

May God Bless Nigeria!

Dude, so does it mean wailer's club beckons?

Anyway, I admit your write up is cool..

For the first time tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by MizMyColi(f): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
dunkem21:

..Pshot didn't do it willingly.. It was an outcome of your bully thread ..

Yes, I'm aware that my thread played a part.
That's what opposition politics is meant to do.

I didn't want to bring that to the fore because the fact that he took a step shows he has strength of character, unlike some of them who are irredeemable.

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by PassingShot(m): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
dustydee:

I appreciate your honesty in pointing out some of the presidents' failings. That is the kind of spirit we need for our democracy to survive. If GEJs supporters had done the same, he probably will still be president today but most chose to be sycophants.
I've always said it that anyone offering blind support to any politician is either benefiting directly from them or he's being plain stupid. The only thing the common man gains from the political class is the good governance provided. So, why blindly supporting politicians who fail to perform.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Redoil: 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
Demdem:
grin
king of mor.on how you dey

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by francizy(m): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:
Your last paragraph sums it all.

I withdrew my support for Rochas because it is obvious he has failed woefully in governing IMO state. I might do the same to President Buhari if he keeps with his sluggish and non-challant attitude in dealing with hardship Nigerians are facing.

I am still angry that small generators have been banned without due consultation from the nigerians. I haven't seen any genuine reason why it was banned.

PMB should not disappoint people who voted massively for him.

I know we've been at loggerheads in the past but then, it's all politics. I must commend you for disappointing me because I never thought you to have been the objective type. I hereby extend the hand of friendship to you and for whatever insult you must have received from me, I say a big sorry for all that!

Please keep on disappointing me by doing the right thing. God bless you my honourable sister from another mother! smiley wink

13 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Demdem(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
AprokoMan:
i must find u wherever u are. u just bought urself a case, bastard

Bastard son of a rotten kunt. U aren't a case but just another inconsequential ibotic fool. I attend to u only and just for my pleasure. u don't and can't dictate that. grin
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:

I withdrew my support for Rochas because it is obvious he has failed woefully in governing IMO state. I might do the same to President Buhari if he keeps with his sluggish and non-challant attitude in dealing with hardship Nigerians are facing.

I am still angry that small generators have been banned without due consultation from the nigerians. I haven't seen any genuine reason why it was banned.

Return the brown envelope or have you used the money to cure your acne ridden wrinkled face?

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by ajepako(f): 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
bettercreature:
That is why i like APC supporters,we are not fanatics unlike PDP bandwagons

#fartinthefacesofAPCgoons# grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by francizy(m): 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hehehehehehe! In all sincerity, this thread was forced out of that guy by Mizmycoli and Whynotthetruth! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by ollapaul(m): 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
No chance again Buhari has been in office for more than six month now nothing has change for good. I regretted voting for apc. For example Gov Amosun promised to complete all project embarked upon if reelected but we can't see him again. He promised to repair Atan-Agbara road where Ogun state is getting lion share of its revenues yet APC/Amosun scammed us. Thank God for Winner Chapel Led by Bishop Oyedepo, has embarked repairing all roads in sango ota. APC wanted power at all cost and it was given to them no they are confused.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by AprokoMan: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
Demdem:

I am bastard son of a rotten kunt from the South West. i have an oblong head and terrible tribal marks on each side of my cheeks.
I also believe that FFK smashed my mom's toto before the coward my father had any chance. my father was not just a coward but an idiot, for allowing my uncles to fvck my sisters.
may thunder fire my parents

ur a dead man grin grin

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Lurcky(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
After all your complains,

PassingShot:
Warning: “Buhari is incompetent”

You said it urself

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by francizy(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
slimmy05:
Return the brown envelope or have you used the money to cure your acne ridden wrinkled face?

Does this make any sense to you? undecided
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Demdem(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
Redoil:
my papa is the king of mor.on he is cursed. My lineage is doomed.

No wonder.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by anonimi: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
obj did, the problem didn't GI away .

The Agbaya of Owu did not REMOVE subsidy and DEREGULATE the downstream sector.
We are NOT talking about reduction oh!
If he REMOVED subsidy completely, please show us credible sources of how he did so.
Thanks.

While I leave you to search the internet and your personal records, pleas permit me to share the extract below with you. You can thank me later for your redemption. wink

Fuel Subsidy Scam: Senate Releases Names Of Cabal

Oando Oil, CONOIL, African Petroleum and MRS Oil are among the powerful players in the petroleum sector that have shared over N3.655 trillion between 2006 and September 2011 in pursuit of importation of refined petroleum products.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2011/12/02/fuel-subsidy-scam-senate-releases-names-cabal

I hope you remember that General Bully-Aminu of Ota was president till May 2007, innit

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
Umm, am watching anyway cool
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Pidggin(f): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
It's too late to regret now, we the wise ones saw this coming. How can you vote for someone who cannot even find his Waec cert

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by OsamaB: 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
Not too long ago, Gov El Rufai spoke about been tired in just 5 months that he feels been governor for 4 years can drain an individual. This is why I usually advice for us all to pray for our country rather than praying for a leader to fail. Little do people know that such prayer has an impact on their lives and the future of the generation. I advice APC supporters to swallow their pride and take advice from people rather than calling them wailers. I plead with all Nigerians to please pray for our country and leaders to succeed because the solution of this country will come from God and not a single man. And we must remember that it is Sai God Almighty and not Sai any man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by warrior01: 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx and Passingshot actually got my respect today. Nigerians are suffering seriously and everybody especially the media are just playing dumb. Let speak out Nigerians irrespective of party affiliation.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by chinchum(m): 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
I for one believe the current fuel scarcity is the symptom from the current attempt of FG to break away from the yoke of the fuel marketers cabal., definitely we cant continue in this situation, something must give way. I dont subscribe to govt waiting till dec 2015 to verify that virtually our refineries are irredeemable, the process to scrap them must begin NOW, we must replace ASAP, and can later privatise, If Dangote refineries come up in 2017 godwilling, there should be no internal monopoly.

The Buhari govt came in at a very trying time for Nigeria, at 40usd/barrel of oil , the economy of the country is in distress, but it is a fortunate unfortunate situation, a blessing in disguise.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by SeverusSnape(m): 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:

Mtcheeww... *in my grandmother's voice* - kposikposi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by MizMyColi(f): 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
warrior01:

Yeah. A real time for sober reflection especially for the new Wailers In Town

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This shouldn't be funny, but it is.

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Warning: Let no wailer see this as an opportunity to wail uncontrollably. This article is in line with my personal resolve to call the president to order on this forum whenever he missteps. Besides, GEJ was not an option in the last election. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

Fuel Scarcity: Deafening Silence from the president
One area that our hopes and expectations of good result of Buhari’s presidency were high is in the petroleum industry. Apart from the fact that the president has failed to find a permanent solution to the issue of oil subsidy in the last six months he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria, he has also failed to provide petrol to Nigerians at the regular pump price of N87 and with ease.

To say that the current situation of fuel scarcity has brought untold hardship and resulted in irreplaceable loss of productive time is an understatement. The more worrisome is the fact that the president who doubles as the nation’s minister of petroleum has not deemed it fit and necessary to address the nation (through TV or through one of his media aides) on the hardship citizens are passing through and also use the opportunity to apologize and assuage our anger. This silence is too deafening to be ignored and I hereby condemn it in its entirety, the president’s handling of the fuel scarcity we have at our hands. He should as a matter of national urgency address the nation on what is happening, the government’s efforts to normalize it and above all the long term solution (if not permanent) to the problem. Anything short of this amounts to taking Nigerians for a ride. Pure and simple!

Excessive Overseas Trip
Another area I think the president has erred in recent times is that of gallivanting abroad at every given opportunity. When ministers had not come on board I could understand the need for him to personally attend to those numerous summits and conferences but with the coming of all ministers I’d expected that there will be a drastic reduction in such journeys. The latest one to Iran for Gas Exporting Countries didn’t require his personal presence plus that of Ibe Kachikwu (Min. of state for petroleum) and Tunde Fashola (Min of Power, Works and Housing). He could have let Kachikwu and Fashola attend that one and if he must attend he should have let Ibe Kachikwu stay at home tending to the fuel crisis at hand.

As if the gaffe of the Iran trip was not enough, I read moment ago that the president is due to lead a delegation to Paris on Climate Change! Now, this one is a trip too many in my opinion. We have more pressing issues at home than climate change. Besides, we have a minister of Environment who can lead a Nigerian delegation if we must attend. Why our president must reduce himself to “Ajala travels all over the world” in the face of enormous challenges at the home front beats my imagination.

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

May God Bless Nigeria!
God bless u too!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Rose2014: 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
DonXavi:
Your prefix caveat is in reality laughable.

You're disappointed discovering that you've been scammed with the change mantra, and instead of you to barefacedly admit it, you are trying to play smart.

What we're seeing with this presidency for now is just the prelude. We are in for an austere ride with the man Buhari.

Many of more sai Buharians will join the wagon of wailer in days to come. Because they'll find it very hard to defend this APC government with what we'll be witnessing some days from now.

Welcome grin grin grin

The wailing wailers membership form is finished, so let them stay where they are. Ejoor, biko biko na beg I de beg u. We're no more admitting new members.
Thanks for your understanding as we meet to discuss the possibility of creating room for new intakes

Signed by Mogidi and Tonyebarcanista
President n secretary of wailing wailers association

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by dunkem21(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
francizy:

I know we've been at loggerheads in the past but then, it's all politics. I must commend you for disappointing me because I never thought you to have been the objective type. I hereby extend the hand of friendship to you and for whatever insult you must have received from me, I say a big sorry for all that!

Please keep on disappointing me by doing the right thing. God bless you my honourable sister from another mother! smiley wink

..Hold am there ..

..Fresh Jambito wey never fill wailing form finish na him you dey toast like that

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Beremx(f): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
What's with all the useless mentions I have been getting? Y'all won't get a reply from me.

For your information, I am still a Buhari supporter and will remain so until then..... cool grin

stop disturbing my mentions with your "wailer" crap!
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
francizy:

Does this make any sense to you? undecided
Not to your dead brains
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by repogirl(f): 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
Lol! Finally, Buhari asslickers are beginning to understand what they are in for, it seems the body odour isn't smelling so nice to them anymore!

If PassingShit can say this, then the end time is definitely nearer than we know. cheesy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by PassingShot(m): 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
dunkem21:

..Pshot didn't do it willingly.. It was an outcome of your bully thread ..

You must think this is my first time of criticizing PMB. I taya for some of you.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by step272: 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
Maybe he want to win the most prestigious award of the most travelled president of Nigeria,Africa,and the world at large

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. / NUJ Guber Debate: Okorocha Leaves Opponent Confused(pics) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.