Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps (51884 Views)

Why Are Pres. Buhari's Most Trusted Aides All Igbos..driver, Cook And Physician? / yoruba leaders insist buhari most remain in power / #2016inreview: See Buhari's Most Controversial Quotes In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by dustydee: 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

I've always said it that anyone offering blind support to any politician is either benefiting directly from them or he's being plain stupid. The only thing the common man gains from the political class is the good governance provided. So, why blindly supporting politicians who fail to perform.
I agree with you. I wish many Nigerians will realise this.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by M4gunners: 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
Op i no blame you at all. Keep running around the bush. I not wail says who?Buhari has failed simply. The good news is that he has time to correct his mistakes.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by drss(m): 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:
Your last paragraph sums it all.

I withdrew my support for Rochas because it is obvious he has failed woefully in governing IMO state. I might do the same to President Buhari if he keeps with his sluggish and non-challant attitude in dealing with hardship Nigerians are facing.

I am still angry that small generators have been banned without due consultation from the nigerians. I haven't seen any genuine reason why it was banned.

PMB should not disappoint people who voted massively for him.

hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahha!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy u are welcome to join us at d wailing train. There is enough room for new members. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Realist2: 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
Well, what an old man see when sitting, a child cannot see it even if he climbs the highest mountain.
Something in September, i told you that you will be tired of defending Buhari.
We saw it coming, but you will never listen, a good soup is known by it aroma.....
Enjoy the change.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by ajepako(f): 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

No chance that I become a wailer. Wailers criticize everything and anything including the good ones.

Ogbeni, you're already a ' wailer' TODAY.

First time I read your piece without having the urge to fart in your face.

So, six Origins for you.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
ollapaul:
No chance again Buhari has been in office for more than six month now nothing has change for good. I regretted voting for apc. For example Gov Amosun promised to complete all project embarked upon if reelected but we can't see him again. He promised to repair Atan-Agbara road where Ogun state is getting lion share of its revenues yet APC/Amosun scammed us. Thank God for Winner Chapel Led by Bishop Oyedepo, has embarked repairing all roads in sango ota. APC wanted power at all cost and it was given to them no they are confused.
Could you tell me any other road in Ota being constructed by Winners apart from the failed portion of the Idiroko Road, just after the main gate of Canaan Land?
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by vascey(m): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
2019 is far away o...

Do you know how many lives are lost due to mis-management.

We need change now.

Make we no become perpetual hopers lik gooners lipsrsealed
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by doctokwus: 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
Yeah. No doubt he seems a bit slow.
The reason some of us defend PMB is that those that criticize him constantly due so not for any nationalist or patriotic reasons but because the fisherman was defeated and they lost the perks of his corrupt and clueless govt.
Be that as it may, where I find my own issues with PMB and where I feel he has fallen short are in these areas :
-For months he has been telling us corrupt people wud be brought to book and soon be known to Nigerians,yet till now,its still "soon",
-He was supposed to have on swearing in and soon after Senate was inaugurated,sent critical bills or acts on whistle blower,establishment of special courts and public assets declaration.He hasn't.
-He allowed a corrupt senator to dribble him and the APC leadership to become sp and it seems as if Saraki has still got the better of PMB and in the process making a mockery of his famed anti corruption crusade.
- The economy is bleeding,thru no fault of his,yet he doesn't seem to feel it's an economic emergency that requires drastic and immediate action.
-The current fuel crisis is purely his own making and the bulk stops at his table.People are passing thru pain and no matter if it's sabotage or not,a president is elected to solve the problem.
PMB has done fairly well, but his shortcomings are those that affect us critically and his slowness is not helping matters at all.
As I always said, bliv in PMB and his destiny to restore the nation cannot blind even we his supporters not to critic him when he is not living up to our hopes.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
The president has finally seen that the cabal is more powerful than he earlier imagined. They're even stronger than Nigeria itself. Some of the leaders of his party is a strong member of the cabal;"the people who control Nigeria's economy. No wonder he said in Iran that his hands are tied. The exact situation GEJ found himself that made them label him "clueless". Where shall we run to? This is the only country we have.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by AprokoMan: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
francizy:

No mind her, with all her shakara, she go still be my friend whether she like am or not! cheesy

don't even think of that. berem is a milf past her menopause, steadily depreciating in womanly value
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by joladoyin(m): 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
If not for any other thing(missteps)...I am angry at his fuel scarcity shun...but I want to believe that he knows that we are watching him(3D)...2019 is just around the corner...The new party(merger) name might be ADC with a modern mobbing stick with bucket filled with hypo as party logo/symbol and the party slogan 'change the change'...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Not same. Mistakes will surely be made and these ones by the president cannot be used to term him as being incompetent overall. He still has chance to correct his mistakes.

This is another mistake most Buhari followers do, thinking a leopard can change its spots.... You have hope on somebody you believe can learn and correct his mistake.... precedent has show he is never of that type...brother brace up for more heart breaks.
...SMH...ive emeeee

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by obailala(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
maestroferddi:
One would have expected that Buhari would learn from the mistakes made by previous administration but he is evidently shaping up to be a more excruciating nightmare.

Jonathan probably would have done a better if he was the one that succeeded Buhari instead of the current arrangement.

Buhari has been a disappointment so far...
GEJ would have been a good president if Nigeria wasn't a complex, corruption-ridden society. Buhari obviously has his flaws, lots of flaws, one of which is his obvious stubbornness to take advise. However, I still maintain my faith and focus my hopes on certain qualities which he brings to the table. My simple wish and prayer is for the country to be better.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by signz: 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Warning: Let no wailer see this as an opportunity to wail uncontrollably. This article is in line with my personal resolve to call the president to order on this forum whenever he missteps. Besides, GEJ was not an option in the last election. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

Fuel Scarcity: Deafening Silence from the president
One area that our hopes and expectations of good result of Buhari’s presidency were high is in the petroleum industry. Apart from the fact that the president has failed to find a permanent solution to the issue of oil subsidy in the last six months he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria, he has also failed to provide petrol to Nigerians at the regular pump price of N87 and with ease.

To say that the current situation of fuel scarcity has brought untold hardship and resulted in irreplaceable loss of productive time is an understatement. The more worrisome is the fact that the president who doubles as the nation’s minister of petroleum has not deemed it fit and necessary to address the nation (through TV or through one of his media aides) on the hardship citizens are passing through and also use the opportunity to apologize and assuage our anger. This silence is too deafening to be ignored and I hereby condemn it in its entirety, the president’s handling of the fuel scarcity we have at our hands. He should as a matter of national urgency address the nation on what is happening, the government’s efforts to normalize it and above all the long term solution (if not permanent) to the problem. Anything short of this amounts to taking Nigerians for a ride. Pure and simple!

Excessive Overseas Trip
Another area I think the president has erred in recent times is that of gallivanting abroad at every given opportunity. When ministers had not come on board I could understand the need for him to personally attend to those numerous summits and conferences but with the coming of all ministers I’d expected that there will be a drastic reduction in such journeys. The latest one to Iran for Gas Exporting Countries didn’t require his personal presence plus that of Ibe Kachikwu (Min. of state for petroleum) and Tunde Fashola (Min of Power, Works and Housing). He could have let Kachikwu and Fashola attend that one and if he must attend he should have let Ibe Kachikwu stay at home tending to the fuel crisis at hand.

As if the gaffe of the Iran trip was not enough, I read moment ago that the president is due to lead a delegation to Paris on Climate Change! Now, this one is a trip too many in my opinion. We have more pressing issues at home than climate change. Besides, we have a minister of Environment who can lead a Nigerian delegation if we must attend. Why our president must reduce himself to “Ajala travels all over the world” in the face of enormous challenges at the home front beats my imagination.

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. [/b]If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away[b].

May God Bless Nigeria!

Forget about 2019. Buhari can never give us a free and fair election.

We'll have to endure him till he hands over in 2023 and that's the bitter truth. These old military men have ways of denying us our rights to free and fair election. We are about to see the win at all cost mentality that was OBJ's motto.

Lets pray he hands over to a civilian Northerner and not another retired military man.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Descartes: 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:
Your last paragraph sums it all.

I withdrew my support for Rochas because it is obvious he has failed woefully in governing IMO state. I might do the same to President Buhari if he keeps with his sluggish and non-challant attitude in dealing with hardship Nigerians are facing.

I am still angry that small generators have been banned without due consultation from the nigerians. I haven't seen any genuine reason why it was banned.

PMB should not disappoint people who voted massively for him.

Aunty Beremx, Government of barely 6months you are critising like this? you're on your own Rochas and Buhari are the best things in the current political dispensation in the zoo called Zoogeria. Abeg you guys should stop the attacks on the person of Rochas and Buhari.

As for banning the 'I pass my neighbour', it is a welcome development.
Sai Baba!

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by PassingShot(m): 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
IzonOwei:
grin grin grin...my brother you don enter bashing today oo...but its cool...our leaders need to be criticized for us to move forward...encourage your fellows to do same because suffering knows no party ...
Bashing? I have grown beyond the level that online ranting gets to me. I've seen enough of life experiences already.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by MizMyColi(f): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
cheesy
Beremx:
lol at compound replying.

I just said my mind my sister. I expected to see the useless mentions calling me a new wailer. The best I can do is to ignore abi?

Abeg make I tanda for viewers corner and read comments. grin
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by possibilita(m): 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
Everything is falling apart
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
njays24:
The president has finally seen that the cabal is more powerful than he earlier imagined. They're even stronger than Nigeria itself. Some of the leaders of his party is a strong member of the cabal;"the people who control Nigeria's economy. No wonder he said in Iran that his hands are tied. The exact situation GEJ found himself that made them label him "clueless". Where shall we run to? This is the only country we have.

That why I love the Biafra agitators...they are already seeing the Promise Land, knowing nothing good can come out of this cesspit, no wonder they are called them Israelite...its near impossible for anything good to come out of Nigeria.... "The General" has finally become a "boy's scout" grin grin

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by rman: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
OP is just politically mature...

Irrespective of your political affiliation, if you can not praise and criticize when need be, you are an enemy of the system.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by dewstar: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
Non-APC members complain, they call it "wailing". APC members complain, they call it ''constructive criticism". You lot are just pathetic.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by ajepako(f): 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:
What's with all the useless mentions I have been getting? Y'all won't get a reply from me.

For your information, I am still a Buhari supporter and will remain so until then..... cool grin

stop disturbing my mentions with your "wailer" crap!

Yeah, we love you too!

Proudly 'wailing wailer'

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Demdem(m): 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
GEJ would have been a good president if Nigeria wasn't a complex, corruption-ridden society. Buhari obviously has his flaws, lots of flaws, one of which is his obvious stubbornness to take advise. However, I still maintain my faith and focus my hopes on certain qualities which he brings to the table. My simple wish and prayer is for the country to be better.

Was Jonah-daft a good governor of Bayelsa state in a not complex state? if he wasn't, why do u think or have to voice out the above?
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by charlesucheh(m): 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Warning: Let no wailer see this as an opportunity to wail uncontrollably. This article is in line with my personal resolve to call the president to order on this forum whenever he missteps. Besides, GEJ was not an option in the last election. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

One area that our hopes and expectations of good result of Buhari’s presidency were high is in the petroleum industry. Apart from the fact that the president has failed to find a permanent solution to the issue of oil subsidy in the last six months he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria, he has also failed to provide petrol to Nigerians at the regular pump price of N87 and with ease.

To say that the current situation of fuel scarcity has brought untold hardship and resulted in irreplaceable loss of productive time is an understatement. The more worrisome is the fact that the president who doubles as the nation’s minister of petroleum has not deemed it fit and necessary to address the nation (through TV or through one of his media aides) on the hardship citizens are passing through and also use the opportunity to apologize and assuage our anger. This silence is too deafening to be ignored and I hereby condemn it in its entirety, the president’s handling of the fuel scarcity we have at our hands. He should as a matter of national urgency address the nation on what is happening, the government’s efforts to normalize it and above all the long term solution (if not permanent) to the problem. Anything short of this amounts to taking Nigerians for a ride. Pure and simple!

Excessive Overseas Trip
Another area I think the president has erred in recent times is that of gallivanting abroad at every given opportunity. When ministers had not come on board I could understand the need for him to personally attend to those numerous summits and conferences but with the coming of all ministers I’d expected that there will be a drastic reduction in such journeys. The latest one to Iran for Gas Exporting Countries didn’t require his personal presence plus that of Ibe Kachikwu (Min. of state for petroleum) and Tunde Fashola (Min of Power, Works and Housing). He could have let Kachikwu and Fashola attend that one and if he must attend he should have let Ibe Kachikwu stay at home tending to the fuel crisis at hand.

As if the gaffe of the Iran trip was not enough, I read moment ago that the president is due to lead a delegation to Paris on Climate Change! Now, this one is a trip too many in my opinion. We have more pressing issues at home than climate change. Besides, we have a minister of Environment who can lead a Nigerian delegation if we must attend. Why our president must reduce himself to “Ajala travels all over the world” in the face of enormous challenges at the home front beats my imagination.

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

May God Bless Nigeria!
Nice bruv!! And am very sure baba knew the temperature in the kitchen before endeavoring to enter and taste that hot KPOMO!! And Please I need clearance on the said #5000 naira payment, is it for dispatched NYSC members for a period of one year or for the whole unemployed graduate, cos some wailing touts just won't let me rest.
And for the Record,baba should take note of these things because, opposition parties are gladly feeding fat on them.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
sauceEEP:
"Ajala travels all over the world" this got me cracked up. Seriously PMB excessive foreign trips is affecting the country.
Even if he is around he doesn't understand a clue about governance. During his military time as head it was Idiagbon dat was running d affairs of governance. He is a total empty old blockhead.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by sweatlana: 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
Demdem:

Mention one good thing Jonah-daft left? By the time he was going, we were borrowing to pay salaries.
Under Jonathan
Fuel 87. Rice 7500 - 8000.
Under Buhari
Fuel 200. Rice 12500

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by maestroferddi: 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
As it stands now, we have no option but to pray that God enacts some supervening acts on Nigeria.

Jonathan bungled it. He knew it. He was asking for a second chance which reactionary elements driven by primordial considerations were not willing to allow.

Buhari on the hand is just underwhelming day in day out. It confounds how a man who spent decades preparing for elective office/leadership is choking on the soapbox.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by ajepako(f): 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

You must think this is my first time of criticizing PMB. I taya for some of you.

End time criticism

End time PMB

End time Passingshot

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
anonimi:

The Agbaya of Owu did not REMOVE subsidy and DEREGULATE the downstream sector.
We are NOT talking about reduction oh!
If he REMOVED subsidy completely, please show us credible sources of how he did so.
Thanks.

While I leave you to search the internet and your personal records, pleas permit me to share the extract below with you. You can thank me later for your redemption. wink

I hope you remember that General Bully-Aminu of Ota was president till May 2007, innit

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452
every time obj increseases fuel, he would say he removed subsidy and deregulating downstream.. There are many jingles about it then self canvassing support for it, 6 months later, he is removing the subsidy he already removed before. You now wonder,.. Which subsidy again?

Point is, there are many cabals eating fat on this crises... Even if the government hands off petroleum sector completely, the problem still won't go away and probably get worse... Why?

1st, petrol price will continue to rise, and the government won't be able to do anything about it.
Even now that we still have government regulating everything and paying heavily on subsidy, we still have some importers and marketers hoarding fuel to create artificial scarcity in order to make more money .. Now imagine when nobody is regulating nothing ..
look at countries like Britain that put everything in the hands of capitalists...a liiter of fuel goes for as high as 500 naira per liter during oil boom the citizens can pay because the minimum way alone covers it but can the same be said about Nigeria where minimum wage is less down 60 pounds? Can you buy fuel at the rate of 300naira per liter when the crude oil price increases again ?

The only solution I would offer is investing more into refineries and supporting private refineries.. That way, the government won't have to import any fuel in to the country, and Any subsidy would be paid to the private refineries or goverment refineries..

That would make importing fuel less lucrative and cabals will disappear in a blink of an eye.

We could even exchange oil for subsidy.. We own the crude oil, we give it to refineries in nigeria free, then they refine and sell to nnigerians at a very cheap rate .. I heard nigeria comsumes less down 100thousand barrel per day, that shouldn't be a problem for Nigeria that produces over 2million barrels per day.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by dewstar: 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
rman:
OP is just politically mature...

Off course if a non-Buhari fan had made that same post you would probably have called it wailing. Political maturity my foot.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Firefire(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2015
Sorry! cheesy

Cc: Modath tongue

PassingShot:

Excessive Overseas Trip

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

May God Bless Nigeria!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by obailala(m): 4:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
Demdem:

Was Jonah-daft a good governor of Bayelsa state in a not complex state? if he wasn't, why do u think or have to voice out the above?
The same corruption impediment which exists at the national level also exists at the local level, hence his failure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Names Cabinet (Full List) / Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus / What Is Governor Rochas Building? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.