Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,848 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

List Of Some Professionals We Should Accord More Respect Than We Currently Do - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / List Of Some Professionals We Should Accord More Respect Than We Currently Do (722 Views)

Teachers! How To Get Your Respect Back / How Young Staff Can Get More Respect At Work / Become More Classy And Gain More Respect !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Some Professionals We Should Accord More Respect Than We Currently Do by Egonec(m): 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
If we really take out time to examine the usefulness of some certain professionals we usually disrespect or address by undignifying names, you would agree with me that it's high time we change our mentality and appreciate people who shun crime and engage in legitimate means of livelihood. Below are some of them.

1. Auto Mechanics- I have heard people use the phrase, "a common road side mechanic". You tend to realise how useful these guys are when your car suddenly breaks down on the road on a sunday morning.

2. Cobblers- You realise how important they are when you suddenly discover the shoe that perfectly fits an attire you've prepared to wear to an appointment needs some amendments...and you're already running late.

3. Commercial Motor cycle riders (otherwise knwn as okada riders)- imagine something urgently comes up and you need to be somewhere else ASAP and theres is terrible traffic and it suddenly appears like all motor cycle riders in the town have gone on leave!

4. Bus/Taxi drivers- I remember a day i was rushing to meet up an appointment and it appeared all the buses/taxis passing by were either filled up or were not going my way...and no money for car drop!

5. Household Staffs- this is very common with the so called rich men. They disrespect their staffs as if the staffs do not work for the money they are being paid. Learn to respect people who work for you, because you can't do the jobs yourself, if you could, you wouldn't hired them in the first place.

We shouldn't treat people like rags or as if they are less human simply because we pay them salaries/wages. Feel free to add your; let's make this world a better place. Thanks!
Re: List Of Some Professionals We Should Accord More Respect Than We Currently Do by Egonec(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2015
Moral Lesson:
1. Everyone can't work in an office.
2. If you feel you are on top of the ladder, take note that you need people to keep the ladder balanced on the ground.
3. Remember, there is dignity in labour.
4. We should learn to appreciate people when they shun crime and engage in legitimate means of livelihood.
Re: List Of Some Professionals We Should Accord More Respect Than We Currently Do by OKUCHI11(m): 4:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
comercial sex workers; yes you may refer to them as women of easy virtue......they have,been able to cure the sexual needs of people in the society....... Neglegence of duty will result rise in the spate of rape and pedophiles in our society......let us respect them
Re: List Of Some Professionals We Should Accord More Respect Than We Currently Do by Geestarry(f): 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
In summary, there is dignity in labour
Re: List Of Some Professionals We Should Accord More Respect Than We Currently Do by Magician1503(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
OKUCHI11:
comercial sex workers; yes you may refer to them as women of easy virtue......they have,been able to cure the sexual needs of people in the society....... Neglegence of duty will result rise in the spate of rape and pedophiles in our society......let us respect them

Mmm cool

I never reasoned them this way before.
Nice one
Re: List Of Some Professionals We Should Accord More Respect Than We Currently Do by Egonec(m): 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
OKUCHI11:

Lol...dat's a funny one, but it's true dat d same pple dat patronise them to clear their conji are the same pple who call dem all sorts of names.
Re: List Of Some Professionals We Should Accord More Respect Than We Currently Do by OKUCHI11(m): 6:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hawkers: yeah hawkers .... I mean it, have you ever been stuck in Asaba-Onitscha for two hours in these hot weather without the sight of all these Itenerant Traffic traders Business people ....the day I experienced it I sweated profusely ......at the sight of one of them We all in the vehicle bought three PET bottles of water on average ......that gives me the thought of when things gets better in Nigeria .....alot of the middle class and upper class will suffer....

(1) (Reply)

Baba God O! E Mi Naa Fe Ta Buredi, Olajumoke O Lori Meeji / What Is The Real Meaning Of Poverty? / Do Not Read This If You Have No Plans Of Being An Online Enterpreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.