Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. (5244 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Debate An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by Ranchhoddas: 8:03pm On Aug 07, 2016
4everGod:

Read my response to her you will realise its not much different from what we know but its her own way of dealing with it without conflicting with the fundamentals per se.
These are the things I understand to be the fundamentals: Belief in Christ and nothing else as the requirement for salvation, His death and resurrection, Heaven, Hell, Trinity(depends). Anything else?
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by mumumugu(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2016
MizMyColi:
@Francizy @Ronald4lif
Your last mention prompted this thread.

The only time I express disbelief in God (I can bet my 7 fingers that that God is a figment of man's imagination) is when someone tries to force me to believe in a God that kills people at will, and does a lot of terrible things in the name of being the almighty.

I have maintained that there is twice as much we don't know than we do know.
It would be fool hardy of me to deny the existence of a higher extremely intelligent power whom I choose to call God, and from whom all life proceeds.

I have seen enough to know that there is something or someone beyond me whose sovereign hand remains my guide.

I call Him (I use the word Him because I relate with this being on a FatherDaughter basis most times) Abba.
I still pray, and I bless people.
I believe that God blesses, Francizy, so Amen to your prayer....
Even more so, I believe that we have been blessed Once and For All Time.
These blessings will be unlocked for each moment and sometimes might take positive confessions like yours to bring them to fruition.

I believe more in God-Within.

I agree that my beliefs in christianity has changed drastically, and as such I hold on loosely to them.
I just take the positives in any belief system that I come across and I discard the rest.

You should see me praying or speaking in unknown tongues.
Lol.

I really don't expect everyone to understand my journey, but hey, like I've always posited, his sovereign hand is my guide.

I'll take your questions if you have anywink

i have a similar belief system with you. D u blive in reincarnation?
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by mumumugu(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2016
frank317:

Your belief is actually confusing but I wanna know...
Do you clearly deny being a christian?
Do you believe the bible is the word of the god u believe in?
From whence did you form your belief or opinion about the God u believe in? The bible?

Not trying to judge but seriously your post sounds like someone who is losing faith but is struggling with her previous beliefs as a christian. You cant accept the fact that all what you know or all what u have always known is false.
You are cherry picking from your first belief to a comfort zone where you tell yourself you are there but not there.

she is confused.
I am confused
lmany are confused but few admit it.
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by MizMyColi(f): 9:08am On Oct 16, 2016
mumumugu:

i have a similar belief system with you. D u blive in reincarnation?

Kind of.
I hold on to such belief loosely though.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
@OP

You are more Christ-like than a lot of fundamental church going Christians. Just continue in this your path.

In fact, I think every true believer should go through this journey you are on so they can actually appreciate their faith not as a series of hand-me-down doctrines but on a personal scale which allows for a deeper path to spiritual growth and enlightenment

I went through something similar to 10 years ago as a student. I went into eckankar and did an indepth study of islam. It also afforded me the opportunity ro study Christianity in the light of pure logic and rationality. So many things didn't add up eventually and so many still don't add up.

The one sure thing I took away from that journey was that if you sincerely seek the truth, and empty your mind of pre conceived bias, you will eventually find your way to Jesus and a very liberal form of light Christianity devoid of doctrines, dogmas and many religious paraphernalia that adorn mordern day churches.

The natural progression from the state outlined above is a form of faith that is so strong, every other thing on earth seems fickle and you begin to come to terms with the transience of everything while leaving you with deeply held convictions about some purpose.

So I must say kudos to your journey of self discovery and I sincerely pray you find what your soul seeks. I do not know what next. I do not know where your journey leads from here. Currently am a devout believer in the tenets of pentecostalism but I do not suscribe to any major church. I worship and serve as the Spirit leads.

Will pray for you that you find comfort and contentment soon enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need Your Help With This Question. It's Urgent. / David Did Not Kill Goliath: Is This True? / Ewe/yoruba Are Descendants Of Jacob!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.