Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. (6020 Views)

Suspend Baru & Kachukwu - YPP Chairman To President Buhari / Fuel Scarcity: Policeman In Ibadan Searching For Fuel - Photos / Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by lomprico(m): 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
Nigeria's annual visitor, fuel scarcity, is here again.

The dreaded queues have returned and valuable man hours are again being wasted at fuel stations. The fact that Nigeria is an oil producing nation just crowns the ridiculousness of the situation.

Citizens are blaming President Muhammadu Buhari, who is also the petroleum minister, and Minister of State, Ibe Kachikwu, who is also the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, (NNPC) for the crisis.

Kachikwu on the other hand, placed the blame on the shoulders of Nigerians.

“…The absence of product is not the issue. What is the issue is the usual panic-buying by Nigerians… Again, there are people who store products and the DPR has sealed a lot of such stations in the last one week,” the minister said on November 11, 2015, after he was sworn in by Buhari.

The government cannot exonerate itself of responsibility for the crisis, but the real culprits behind the scarcity are ordinary, everyday Nigerians.

It is Nigerians who own petrol stations that hoard fuel in order to sell at a higher price later.

The attendants and station managers who charge a “selling fee” because they agreed to sell you fuel are all Nigerians.

Those people who buy fuel, adulterate it and then sell at cutthroat “black market” prices, you know them right? They’re Nigerians too.

The most notorious fuel-scarcity causing Nigerians are the opportunistic and unpatriotic oil marketers.

Marketers have held citizens of the country to ransom many times and all for their own personal gain. The most recent example is the disastrous fuel scarcity of May 2015 which practically shut the country down.

Fuel was being sold for up to N500 per litre, electricity was non-existent and people were dying but the marketers were smiling to the bank without a care in the world.

It took the intervention of one of their own, the Managing Director of Capital Oil and Gas, Ifeanyi Ubah, to stop the scarcity.

“Capital Oil and Gas has watched with so much pain, the suffering and hardship our citizens have been subjected to as a result of scarcity of petrol, diesel, aviation fuel and house hold kerosene,” Ubah said in a statement released on Sunday, May 24, 2015.

“We are deeply pained to hear that hospitals cannot perform surgeries, laboratories are unable to carry out much needed tests especially for emergency patients leaving such patients at risk of dying, radio stations are shutting down, communication is being affected as MTN and other telecommunications company have announced an impending shut down while homes, offices and key facilities nationwide are experiencing blackouts.

“We are constrained at this point and have decided that two wrongs cannot make a right. We will not be part of this sabotage against our fatherland. Therefore from this minute, we shall take the risk of opening our facilities and commence swift loading and distribution of products Nationwide,” he added.

Ubah’s action eventually led the marketers to call off their strike and supply fuel but that wasn’t the only thing he got right. Ubah, in his statement, described the marketers’ refusal to sell fuel despite the shutdown of the country as sabotage and that is exactly what it was.

In a saner clime, the marketers wouldn’t get away with their despicable and unconscionable action, but this is Nigeria, you can get away with anything if you really want to.

The fuel scarcity is a terrible and shameful occurrence that is being fed by the unfortunate desire of many Nigerians to benefit from the suffering of their fellow citizens.

The government is not really Nigeria’s biggest problem, Nigerians are.

Until we stop seeing one another like vultures see a dying animal, we will make no progress as a country.

It is hoped that President Buhari and Dr Kachikwu will take the necessary steps to stop the fuel scarcity trend once and for all and in so doing depart from the ways of the Nigerians who were in charge before them.

http://pulse.ng/local/frankly-speaking-with-jola-sotubo-nigerians-are-to-blame-for-fuel-scarcity-id4391582.html?utm_campaign=daily-2015-11-25&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by SeverusSnape(m): 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
I can see that Kachikwu is now infected with acute buhariasis

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
Confused nation...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by blesoh(f): 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ehen,no more GEJ but nigerians lol

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by ricsman(m): 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
if I hear
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by mdbissalla(m): 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by ozoigbondu: 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
Kachiekwnsu thunda fire ur head and ur nyash there heediot angry angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by lomprico(m): 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
He kind'a have a point. Today in PH, dpr regulatory body shut a filling station for selling 180 per litre after d manager pleaded they were allowed to sell for 87 naira just 10minutes after d dpr guys left they started selling at 180 again. angry

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by simonlee(m): 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
This man doesn't know what we go through on that long queue everyday, that's why he's yarning that crap! Let me do and gerrara this confused country.
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Saintbado(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
lomprico:
He kind'a have a point. Today in PH, dpr regulatory body shut a filling station for selling 180 per litre after d manager pleaded they were allowed to sell for 87 naira just 10minutes after d dpr guys left they started selling at 180 again. angry
Imagine this happening in all part of the nation, what do u think will happen?
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by henryutd(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
Animals.
Kaekwensu.
I hate lies. How can I continue with APC till 2019? God help me and my country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Flets: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
Kachikwu is absolutely wrong on these statements a d APC needs be reminded that propaganda at this time is not acceptable

1. The APC party have consistently blamed the previous govt on similar events. Since when did it change that helpless Nigerians are to be held responsible? This is clearly lack of responsibility from the APC led govt.

2. Never in the past did APC acknowledge the action of Capital Oil as a noble feat but Kachikwu is quick to term him a hero now in an attempt to pass the buck to the marketers and Nigerians. This is clear hypocrisy

3. Except the few months leading to the exit of past Govt, GEJ's govt witnessed absence of fuel scarcity for a good part of his five years (festive periods inclusive). How come GEJ/ Deziani didn't go about blaming marketers and Nigerians? Wouldn't it be wise that the new govt take a clue from the previous?

Its laziness on the part of Kachikwu not to sustain the continous supply of refined products like his predecessor did. NNPC under Diezani was ahead of the marketers in the game. There was always sufficient stocks to checkmate the excesses of the marketers when they attempt to hoard.

4. But most importantly, if statements like these should be coming from a man who Nigerians were looking up to end this scarcity menace permanently. ....... it clearly shows that this government has no blueprint or plan

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Elslim: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tru talk.. does marketers r Devils in disguise.. I think I High time NNPC starts doing its Job and avoid dis marketers completely.

Inshort what r they paying NNPC staff for??

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by jumper524(m): 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
Freemanan:
Confused nation...
how can nigeria develope when we still have ediots lyk freemanan

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
jumper524:
how can nigeria develope when we still have ediots lyk freemanan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by neocortex: 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
Elslim:
Tru talk.. does marketers r Devils in disguise.. I think I High time NNPC starts doing its Job and avoid dis marketers completely.

Inshort what r they paying NNPC staff for??

What will you say to a police man who blames Armed robbers for robbing people ?
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by ticking: 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
Yes, blame the idiots that voted for a traveling senile fulani dumbo

Don't blame me I voted Goodluck Jonathan cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Ephemmm: 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
henryutd:
Animals.
Kaekwensu.
I hate lies. How can I continue with APC till 2019? God help me and my country.

If you can survive the maladministration of PDP for 16 years, His grace is still there for you to continue with APC tongue tongue tongue

This is one of the reasons i have not taken the opposition party PDP seriously.
Most of the economic backslashes we are experiencing now was inherited. The opposition will be quick to point out how bad our economy has degenerated forgetting that some of us are more intelligent and reasonable to know that the economy of a nation does not start crashing in a matter of months. It is a build up of failed policies and programmes cluelessly initiated or poorly implemented.
They're always quick to point to the positives of this present administration as a programme conceived and initiated by the GEJ but will distance themselves from the mess they created. What a hypocrisy!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by mazzi: 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ewoooo! From oga jona to innocent nigerians?
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Ephemmm: 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
ticking:
Yes, blame the idiots that voted for a traveling senile fulani dumbo

Don't blame me I voted Goodluck Jonathan cheesy

Before you open your stinking mouth again, see what Nigerians suffered in the hand of Mr Clueless One to mention a few tongue tongue tongue

2014 - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/03/fuel-scarcity-fg-owing-us-9-months-subsidy-ipman/

2013 - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/fuel-scarcity-looms-oil-workers-insist-strike/

2012 - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/106743-fuel-scarcity-may-continue-till-2013-nnpc-official.html

2012 - https://www.nairaland.com/877831/why-fuel-scarcity

2012 - http://hotnaijanews.com/tag/fuel-scarcity-in-nigeria/

2012 - http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/03/05/fuel-scarcity-hits-lagos-ibadan/

2010 - http://www.medwelljournals.com/fulltext/?doi=sscience.2010.113.121

January 2010 - https://www.nairaland.com/626482/fuel-scarcity-abuja

December, 2009 - https://www.nairaland.com/368982/why-fuel-scarcity-may-persist

16 years of deception. 16 years of window decoration and dressing. 16 of impunity. 16 years of evil. How can change come in 6months

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by mazzi: 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ewoooo! From oga jona to innocent nigerians
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by TechRev: 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
The Damnation of a country.
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Koolmexxi(m): 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
All of U dat want to defend and exonerate the govt, waka there! !!! U all are quick to point to d past administration and yet forget those same reasons u point to them were d same reasons d present govt campaigned upon and why most people voted dem in.. Or have u dumped the "CHANGE" slogan so soon? D past govt allegedly owed marketers their subsidy claims at those times hence the scarcity and nigerians and d opposition at dat tym duly blamed the govt.. So why should it b any different now considering d govt is still going to pay d said subsidy claims to them. Imagine from since when d minister of stae

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Koolmexxi(m): 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
All of U dat want to defend and exonerate the govt, waka there! !!! U all are quick to point to d past administration and yet forget those same reasons u point to them were d same reasons d present govt campaigned upon and why most people voted dem in.. Or have u dumped the "CHANGE" slogan so soon? D past govt allegedly owed marketers their subsidy claims at those times hence the scarcity and nigerians and d opposition at dat tym duly blamed the govt.. So why should it b any different now considering d govt is still going to pay d said subsidy claims to them. Imagine since Nov 11 he made d claims till now, does it still look like panic buying? Fuel stations are enriching themselves buy selling at inflated prices and yet u still have to queue and waste a whole lot ur time to get the product becos it isn't readily available. If dis govt and it's e-rats won't start accepting responsibilities for things now then they all need to have their brains checked because they are no different from the past govts.
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by MEILYN(m): 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
I voted for Buhari, but I never expected something like this. I don't like what I am seeing.

Top 10 Most Educated Presidents In Africa, See Where Buhari Was Placed Here>>>>>www.intensetalk.com
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Geniro: 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ephemmm:

Before you open your stinking mouth again, see what Nigerians suffered in the hand of Mr Clueless One to mention a few tongue tongue tongue

2014 - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/03/fuel-scarcity-fg-owing-us-9-months-subsidy-ipman/

2013 - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/fuel-scarcity-looms-oil-workers-insist-strike/

2012 - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/106743-fuel-scarcity-may-continue-till-2013-nnpc-official.html

2012 - https://www.nairaland.com/877831/why-fuel-scarcity

2012 - http://hotnaijanews.com/tag/fuel-scarcity-in-nigeria/

2012 - http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/03/05/fuel-scarcity-hits-lagos-ibadan/

2010 - http://www.medwelljournals.com/fulltext/?doi=sscience.2010.113.121

January 2010 - https://www.nairaland.com/626482/fuel-scarcity-abuja

December, 2009 - https://www.nairaland.com/368982/why-fuel-scarcity-may-persist

16 years of deception. 16 years of window decoration and dressing. 16 of impunity. 16 years of evil. How can change come in 6months

This olodo even cited dates when Goodluck wasn't the president, how far can you go with your foolishness.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ephemmm:

If you can survive the maladministration of PDP for 16 years, His grace is still there for you to continue with APC tongue tongue tongue

Most of the economic backslashes we are experiencing now was inherited. The opposition will be quick to point out how bad our economy has degenerated forgetting that some of us are more intelligent and reasonable to know that the economy of a nation does not start crashing in a matter of months. It is a build up of failed policies and programmes cluelessly initiated or poorly implemented.
They're always quick to point to the positives of this present administration as a programme conceived and initiated by the GEJ but will distance themselves from the mess they created. What a hypocrisy!

PDP that inherited decades of military administration?

You never took philosophy classes in school, to understand what is called fallacy?

Link the decay of 16yrs to the present fuel scarcity, if you can't properly link the cause and effect, please stay off that keyboard.

Buhari is off to Malta tomorrow, from Malta to France on Sunday. He doesn't care if you stay on a queue till next week before you get fuel.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by LesbianBoy(m): 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
Chai
Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Ephemmm: 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
Geniro:

This olodo even cited dates when Goodluck wasn't the president, how far can you go with your foolishness.

2 years as Deputy, six years as President is equal to 8 years in PDP's governance in Presidency. Oloshi! I don't know why you guys are just deficient when it comes to intelligent discussion tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by ehissi(m): 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ephemmm:

So it is the APC U take seriously ba??

This argument is in my own opinion illogical and bias!! One could perceive that you are implicitly suggesting (as much as I am not a PDP fan) that the PDP inherited a blemish free Nigeria as at 1999; with 39 years of perfect rule from 1960!!

Well, for the record, the MB that you just used to criticise 16 years of maladministration of the PDP is still courtesy of the clueless PDP as well

Can U dig it?? gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. by Geniro: 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ephemmm:

2 years as Deputy, six years as President is equal to 8 years in PDP's governance in Presidency. Oloshi! I don't know why you guys are just deficient when it comes to intelligent discussion tongue tongue tongue

Two years as deputy and 6 years as President ?

I wonder where APC hire dolts like you from to defend them shabbily.

embarassed

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/may/06/goodluck-jonathan-nigeria-president

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Protest Happening Now In Aba Over Buhari's Incitive Comment-pics / Some Fascinating Photos Of Late Chief Festus Okotie-eboh (1919-1966) / Someone Just Got Killed By UGM In My Front At Nnewi Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.