Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,478 members, 7,781,399 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:49 PM

Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized (32486 Views)

See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning / Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
A lot of people do not know this but UK started a scheme a few years ago in which they give every deportee £3000 to encourage them to go back to their various countries easily without fighting or refusing to go home. Now recently a part of the Nigerian government (immigration) seizes every penny given to their citizens being deported.

Read the full story

As the deadline issued to President Muhammadu Buhari to shut London Nigerian High Commission draws near, more Nigerians living in the United Kingdom have pitched their tent with the movement, vowing to carry out their threat.

On Monday, a Nigerian-born Britain-based human rights activist, Professor Alexia Thomas, issued a 72-hour ultimatum to President Buhari calling for a closure of the Nigerian High Commission in United Kingdom or face the wrath of Nigerians living there.

Thomas is the Chairman of the Commonwealth Liberation Party (TCLP), a registered political party in UK and President of Independent Diplomat Commission (IDC). She warned the Federal Government that if the threat was not heeded, it was pretty certain that the Nigerian House in the UK would be torched by Nigerians living in that country, in protest against their sufferings, which she attributed to the complicity of Nigerian diplomats there.

In an interview with journalists in London, Thomas fingered the High Commission in issues relating to unchecked corruption, fraud, illegal arrest, criminal torture of Nigerians arrested and detained in various British Immigration Centres in the UK; Nigerians who are awaiting deportation. She also alleged that officials of Nigerian High Commission trade every Nigerian deportee for the sum of £3,000 with the operatives of the UK Border Agency.

She maintained that there was a conspiracy between British Immigration and the UK Border Agency which led to her prison notes, for fighting for Nigerians’ freedom.

She had said, “President Buhari should honour our 72-hour ultimatum and shut down the Nigerian High Commission, if not, no one should be held responsible when Nigerian protesters and angry Nigerians set Nigerian House on fire. If Buhari refuses to heed our advice, then, don’t blame us in any way.

“I ask the High Commission’s officials to resign, in the next 72 hours, because the Nigerian uprising commence, shortly. And if the Nigerian uprising stands, the Nigerian House in UK will need to be closed down,” she said.

According to her, while she had been working, relentlessly, to put a stop to the deportation of Nigerians and other citizens of the Commonwealth nations, officials of the Nigerian High Commission ‎in the UK are adding to the plights of Nigerians in the country.

“I received a phone call from some distressed Nigerians already detained by British Immigration that a Nigerian lady called Mrs. Ngere, a Deputy Immigration Officer at Nigerian High Commission, came into British Immigration Detention Centre and told the Nigerians there to return to Nigeria.

“Unfortunately, she issued traveling document (TC) to British immigration to deport Nigerians, even after they (the Nigerians) protested against it. We believe Ngere could not have come there so boldly without the support of her boss (Chief Immigration Officer).

Our investigation confirmed that the British Government are not aware of this scandal, as names of these detained Nigerians to be deported are written on the UK Border Agency document showing every deported Nigerians were handed the sum of 3,000 pounds each, as this sum was always collected and seized by officials of Nigerian High Commission, while deported Nigerians are never allowed to remove their property nor given a dime,” Thomas alleged.

The Daily Times contacted the High Commission via its email portal and telephone number for reactions to the allegations, but there was not response as at press time

http://howafrica.com/alleged-extortion-more-nigerians-brace-up-to-shut-uk-high-commission/
Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by jaymejate: 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
Na wa o.
Nigeria is falling apart.
God please intervene

3 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by sharonbaron(m): 10:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
Attimes I don't understand the problem with nigerias public officials if what I just read is true then this country has a long way in eliminating this disease called corrupotion

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by SegunAdewole: 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
I don't even know what we yorubas see in the UK sef.

23 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
sharonbaron:
Attimes I don't understand the problem with nigerias public officials if what I just read is true then this country has a long way in eliminating this disease called corrupotion

It's very true. When the scheme first started, deportees were given the money and it was not seized. People were willing to go home because they could use the money to settle in till they can find a job or start a business. I don't blame only Nigerian government, i also blame the British Government because this could be easily curbed if they used other means of payment. i.e. PayPal, Western Union, cheque etc

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by xmich(m): 11:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
Expired product is an expired product,it has no mekwatance,

8 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by Nature8(m): 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
SegunAdewole:
I don't even know what we yorubas see in the UK sef.

Bro, the topic is talking about the 3k UK Boarder Agency paid the deportee and what happened to their money, but you're here talking about what Yorubas see in UK.. Nawa for you oo!

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by teeboila(m): 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Just £3k, mtchewwwww; if £13 billion can disappear in the republic and we never see am o boy forget this one o.

2 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by MosquitoLaps(m): 1:30am On Nov 26, 2015
I've got nothing more to say than this:
Our foreign policy needs urgent review.
GEJ's policy economic diplomacy should be broadened to include carrot and stick approach.
Since the Brits do not want quiet bargaining from a fellow member of the Commonwealth, its time to demonstrate our anger.

I mean, what nonsense is this?
We have diplomats there, abi?
Our politicians have failed us!
This is what happens when you appoint political sycophants and thugs as ambassadors and High Commissioners.
Britain has been taking us for a ride for too long, and I think this is the perfect opportunity for the new minister of foreign affairs to seer Nigerian foreign policy to the right direction.

God bless diplomacy.
God bless Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by Warlord3000(m): 5:03am On Nov 26, 2015
When Nigerians keep taking advantage of their fellow Nigerians..

Then the world now has a K-leg undecided

3 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by sharonbaron(m): 5:53am On Nov 26, 2015
MrCuddles:

It's very true. When the scheme first started, deportees were given the money and it was seized. People were willing to go home because they could use the money to settle in till they can find a job or start a business. I don't blame only Nigerian government, i also blame the British Government because this could be easily curbed if they used other means of payment. i.e. PayPal, Western Union, cheque etc
. I don't blame the british government they have never cared for this country they are only interested in exploiting us even as an independent country if this incident were to happen in a francophone country by now thee french government would have taken steps to bring the perpetrators to book

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by M4gunners: 6:05am On Nov 26, 2015
So who collected the money from them?
Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by Standing5(m): 6:24am On Nov 26, 2015
The same corruption that drove most out of Nigeria is being deployd to fustrate their return . . . NO LOW IS TOO LOW FOR US
That's like a father who strips his child naked before disowning the child. He wants the child to suffer at best.

8 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by GovWahala: 6:54am On Nov 26, 2015
Wickedness at its peak.

1 Like

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by MEILYN(m): 6:58am On Nov 26, 2015
What is all this?

1 Like

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by fullblast(m): 7:26am On Nov 26, 2015
For any Big fish thatt survives, be very sure that numerous little fishes are being eaten.
Eja ni eja nje nsanra

2 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by looseweight: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2015
We are watching
Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by hobermener: 7:29am On Nov 26, 2015
Nigerians' inhumanity to nigerians even abroad. The same reason why this hell hole of a country retrogresses on an hourly basis cry

2 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by freshness2020: 7:29am On Nov 26, 2015
Chi
Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by IceMan85(m): 7:29am On Nov 26, 2015
sad The problem of Nigeria are Nigerians.
Any way I don't blame the UK, since our president can't stay one place. Any little invitation, you'll see him there.

5 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by ademoladeji(m): 7:29am On Nov 26, 2015
I do not subscribe to violence but if that's what will make the FGN listen to you, kindly BURN it down without the necessary documents.

Btw, that's another form of TERRORISM... Who's TERRORISING Who?

?

2 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 26, 2015
By right anybody deported from any country ought to be entitled to some money

2 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 26, 2015
Which of these people are more deadly and unrepentant in Nigeria?
1) Those that steal with ink
2) Those that steal with gun

LIKE for INK; SHARE for GUN.

10 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by ritababe(f): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2015
Which way nigeria?
Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by Swaggzkid: 7:31am On Nov 26, 2015
Take it or leave it I blame Buhari for this.

His government has lost its essential essence coming into power. He can't even term those under him all what he knows how to do best is to travel like a bird.

Sometimes I do forget that we have a president. he is more clueless than GEJ

Quote me anywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by imeller: 7:31am On Nov 26, 2015
EFCC should go after them.
Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by Abelmoscus(m): 7:31am On Nov 26, 2015
Double tragedy
Re: Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized by HungerBAD: 7:32am On Nov 26, 2015
This Story is not right.

The £3,000 is supposed to be for those "WHO WILLINGLY REPORT FOR SELF DEPORTATION" and not those who were grabbed, for one immigration offense or the other.

The way this article is written, you will think everybody deported was to be given £3,000.

25 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Visit To Olumirin Water Falls / Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC / Man Dies As His Car Runs Under Parked Trailer Along Benin-Ore Road (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.