Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,874 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:39 AM

Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. (3465 Views)

Nigeria's External Reserve Hits $4b Gain, Highest In 12 Months / Experts Project N700bn FAAC Allocation In August, Highest In 30 Months / Niger Delta Militants Push Global Oil Prices To $50 – Highest In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. by FKO81(m): 6:51am On Nov 26, 2015
[quote author=scholes0 post=40408523]
The Registrar/Chief Executive of NECO, Prof. Abdulrashid Garba applauded the State for recording almost 80% in 5 Credits including English Language and Mathematics in year 2015.

“This is commendable sir, and that is the reason why I choose Anambra as my first port of call in my tour of states of the federation,” Prof. Garba revealed, further attributing the impressive performance of the state to the heavy investments that the state government makes in education.

Children of hate and jealous read the report and thread title, using Osun picture to buttress your post what is their position in 2015 NECO and WAEC? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. by SpaceTour: 6:58am On Nov 26, 2015
NECO Registrar presenting Obiano with an award of excellence in Awka.

Anambra erika..

FKO81:
The Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has been lauded for the sparkling performance of Anambra children in National Examination Council (NECO) exams.

Speaking during a courtesy visit on Governor Obiano at the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, the Registrar/Chief Executive of NECO, Prof. Abdulrashid Garba applauded the State for recording almost 80% in 5 Credits including English Language and Mathematics in year 2015.

“This is commendable sir, and that is the reason why I choose Anambra as my first port of call in my tour of states of the federation,” Prof. Garba revealed, further attributing the impressive performance of the state to the heavy investments that the state government makes in education.

“I also want to appreciate you for the good relationship that your office has with NECO and to commend you for the great performance of Anambra State in NECO examinations which is largely because of the investment your government has been making in education,” the NECO Registrar observed and further revealed that since taking over the mantle of leadership of the examination body five months ago, his mission has been to guarantee credible examinations that can be accepted worldwide and to cement the relationship between NECO and various state governments in order to build confidence and cater for the Nigerian child.

He also praised the governor for giving NECO a free plot of land to build its office in the state and commended Anambra for showing such a keen interest in NECO examinations.

Recalling that the examinations body came into existence 16 years ago to help restore integrity to the nation’s examinations, Prof. Garba revealed that NECO has a slogan which emphasizes the importance of “doing the right thing for NECO’s integrity and doing the right thing for credible examinations.”

In his response, Governor Obiano expressed happiness that Anambra has been consistent in churning out impressive results in national examinations in the past three years.

According to him, “my administration has done quite a number of things in the past 18 months to ensure that Anambra continues to do well in all external examinations. First is the initiative to give teachers in the remote areas of the state a quarter of their salaries in addition to their basic salaries. This has stimulated a clamour among teachers to be posted to rural areas. In addition, if a teacher teaches sciences or Igbo, she gets a quarter more to encourage her,” Governor Obiano explained. He assured NECO of the support of his administration at all times.

The highlight of the visit was the presentation of a commemorative plaque to the governor to underscore NECO’s acknowledgement of Anambra’s excellent performances and the governor’s robust investment in education
http://metrowatchonline.com/neco-boss-applauds-obiano-over-anambras-performance-in-exams/

1 Like

Re: Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. by MEILYN(m): 6:59am On Nov 26, 2015
It is really nice indeed

Top 10 Most Educated Presidents In Africa, See Where Buhari Was Placed Here>>>>>www.intensetalk.com
Re: Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. by mapet: 7:10am On Nov 26, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
NECO Boss Applauds Obiano for Anambra’s Performance in Exams

The Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has been lauded for the sparkling performance of Anambra children in National Examination Council (NECO) exams.

Speaking during a courtesy visit on Governor Obiano at the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, the Registrar/Chief Executive of NECO, Prof. Abdulrashid Garba applauded the State for recording almost 80% in 5 Credits including English Language and Mathematics in year 2015.

“I also want to appreciate you for the good relationship that your office has with NECO and to commend you for the great performance of Anambra State in NECO examinations which is largely because of the investment your government has been making in education,” the NECO Registrar observed and further revealed that since taking over the mantle of leadership of the examination body five months ago, his mission has been to guarantee credible examinations that can be accepted worldwide and to cement the relationship between NECO and various state governments in order to build confidence and cater for the Nigerian child.

He also praised the governor for giving NECO a free plot of land to build its office in the state and commended Anambra for showing such a keen interest in NECO examinations.

Recalling that the examinations body came into existence 16 years ago to help restore integrity to the nation’s examinations, Prof. Garba revealed that NECO has a slogan which emphasizes the importance of “doing the right thing for NECO’s integrity and doing the right thing for credible examinations.”

In his response, Governor Obiano expressed happiness that Anambra has been consistent in churning out impressive results in national examinations in the past three years.

According to him, “my administration has done quite a number of things in the past 18 months to ensure that Anambra continues to do well in all external examinations. First is the initiative to give teachers in the remote areas of the state a quarter of their salaries in addition to their basic salaries.
This has stimulated a clamour among teachers to be posted to rural areas. In addition, if a teacher teaches sciences or Igbo, she gets a quarter more to encourage her,” Governor Obiano explained. He assured NECO of the support of his administration at all times.

The highlight of the visit was the presentation of a commemorative plaque to the governor to underscore NECO’s acknowledgement of Anambra’s excellent performances and the governor’s robust investment in education.

Why in this your report does it say Anambra scored highest? From the ThisDay report http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/delta-edo-lagos-top-neco-results/219943/, Anambra is not even in the top 3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. by patrick89(m): 8:11am On Nov 26, 2015
Babzrockman:
But i did my one yr serviec at One CRC in Aguata LGA back in 2013 and i didnt see any sign of brilliancy in them. Only few of the girls are trying. May be Obiano is changing things for the better sha.
You are a liar! Christ the redeemer college CRC in amesi village is far better than most public schools in ikeja! #fact

1 Like

Re: Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. by WIZGUY69(m): 9:08am On Nov 26, 2015
mazzi:
r[s]un away from ewedu if you really value you brain[/s]

Not making sense. mkpi grin
have you forgotten that you are talking to your chi? cheesy
Re: Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:06am On Nov 26, 2015
Babzrockman:
But i did my one yr serviec at One CRC in Aguata LGA back in 2013 and i didnt see any sign of brilliancy in them. Only few of the girls are trying. May be Obiano is changing things for the better sha.

Aren't you contradicting yourself? people sef

1 Like

Re: Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. by SegunAdewole: 10:23am On Nov 26, 2015
Sometimes i wish i was Ibo. Ibo kwenu!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Salary..... / President Trump Set To Call Ipob Leader Kanu / Why I Struck Out Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu - Justice Binta Nyako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.