Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? (19782 Views)

All Unemployed And Those Seeking For Job Can Now Get A Job Easily / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Youths / Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Lytech(m): 11:04am On Nov 26, 2015
alfa0:

A typical Nigerian youth- He channels his energy insulting people that did not contribute to his frustration,instead of channeling his anger to the right quarters.
thats tells you to think before you comment
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Vision4God: 11:12am On Nov 26, 2015
Haha....
De wil end up dscovrng dat even d employed are bn paid d 5000 if de successfully implement it

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Paentera(m): 11:12am On Nov 26, 2015
Allow me to contribute to this matter from a point of knowledge and where possible, use existing information to enlighten us all.

1) The N5,000 APC promised in its manifesto is to be paid to 25 million MOST VULNERABLE NIGERIANS not just to Youth as the OP stated

http://apc.com.ng/index.php/media-center/latest-news/item/1152-we-wont-renenge-on-promise

2) The scheme is correctly termed a Cash Conditional Transfer, where the beneficiaries are expected to achieve or complete a task in order to access the scheme.

It is a scheme copied from other parts of the world, the most successful country at implementing this being Brazil where it was able to use such to lift over 50 million of its citizens out of abject poverty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_cash_transfer

3) APC states that this CCT will be staggered over a period of time (4-5 million citizens annually) but there are two conditions that beneficiaries must satisfy - enrollment of kids in school and immunization of kids. This you will agree are thus not targeted at the youth.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/03/26/osinbajo-clears-air-on-n5000-stipend-to-25-million-poor-people/

4) The Conditional Cash Transfer was used aggressively in combating health incidences such as polio in the Northern part of Nigeria and contributed to the elimination last year.

As a poster stated earlier, with the BVN and TSA in place, and NIMC set to kick off the National ID project in collaboration with NIBBS (creators of the BVN project), the government does not need to interface with any third party agency to verify who is who. You will need to open an account and have a BVN & National ID and possibly, have a child that you cannot afford to send to school - enrol such a child at a public school, get his or her immunization records updated and you get credited cash either via your account or are handed food stamp or vouchers.

Considering the government has specified that it will stagger the implementation based on funds available, I am certain that even where there might be hitches or hiccups at the start, the scheme will achieve 90-95% success and uplift a significant number of Nigerians out of abject poverty.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by naijalander: 11:14am On Nov 26, 2015
I believe the NIMC system should be upgraded to include information of employment history and status. In the long run, social sec programs like this require careful planning and execution. Personally I don't see how N5000 will help.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Paentera(m): 11:16am On Nov 26, 2015
chymystique:
Which Data? Guy you don enter one chance o if you waiting for the 5k! BTW, as of today 5k cant even be enough for feeding. Lol... Believe anything APC says @ your own peril.. APC is SCAM!

You certainly do not belong to those classed as extremely poor.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Ahmeduana(m): 11:16am On Nov 26, 2015
zieraw2005:
Hello Nairalanders, I have been wondering about the recent trends and campaign promise made by Federal government to Pay Nigerian teaming unemployed Youths 5k monthly without foul play? this 5k of a thing seems not feasible to me.

The process of Gathering data alone would be defeated as political bigwigs would hijack it and favour only those fanning them.

Please drop your view below cos I want to register but don't know where to start or how to go about it.
MY QUESTION IS THAT ARE YOU AN APC supporter? If yes, did you register as a bonafide member? if yes then you don't have problem, because that 5000naira is not for nigerians but for original criminal members of apc!
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 26, 2015
Pay me I will think it through. It's a small thing.

zieraw2005:
Hello Nairalanders, I have been wondering about the recent trends and campaign promise made by Federal government to Pay Nigerian teaming unemployed Youths 5k monthly without foul play? this 5k of a thing seems not feasible to me.

The process of Gathering data alone would be defeated as political bigwigs would hijack it and favour only those fanning them.

Please drop your view below cos I want to register but don't know where to start or how to go about it.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by uchenick(m): 11:34am On Nov 26, 2015
Get a website and be BUSINESS READY...
Info@nickcolors.com

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by molas02: 11:36am On Nov 26, 2015
Justdulla:
Lemme Assume You Have Done Your NIMC registration as well as BVN registration. Trust me its a simple process. The TSA thing is indeed a blessing in disguise for Nigeria cos you will be paid directly from the Central Bank, no fraud or Mago Mago.. But that Money isn't for people that have part time jobs oo or full time, its means for people that are actually poor.. So u when get better fone and u dey Nairaland, I don think you are qualified
What if i disguise to b a poor man
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by molas02: 11:36am On Nov 26, 2015
Justdulla:
Lemme Assume You Have Done Your NIMC registration as well as BVN registration. Trust me its a simple process. The TSA thing is indeed a blessing in disguise for Nigeria cos you will be paid directly from the Central Bank, no fraud or Mago Mago.. But that Money isn't for people that have part time jobs oo or full time, its means for people that are actually poor.. So u when get better fone and u dey Nairaland, I don think you are qualified
What if i disguise lik poor
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 26, 2015
Sijo01:
Lol
The duallard of a president/apc made that promise without plans on how to actualize it.............. I see them failing even when they've not started.

They should teach Nigerians how to fish not giving them fish. 5k monthly stipends is not achievable!

And you, not being a dullard, should please provide possible solutions for it not failing. At least, you know better.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Paentera(m): 11:44am On Nov 26, 2015
Bollinger:

I have almost shouted myself hoarse about this issue on NL. Most just hear "5k" and they lose all sense of reasoning. It can never work. Not with the infrastructure on ground. All they will do if they implement it, is create another avenue for looting funds. Want another head cracker? How will the government sustain it? Nobody is asking that question. The govt can't even pay salaries for God's sake. In America, when you are born, or become a citizen/resident, you are issued a number which follows you till the day you die. This number is relevant from going to school to buying a car. It identifies you to pretty much everything you do in life. So, if the government wanted to help the unemployed, all they need to do is pull up your number and it will tell if you have a job or not. Too easy. Say you are looking for a job, the first thing that is asked of you is your number which the company will input into their system which the government can access at anytime. It makes everyone's life so much easier. Until Nigeria implements something like this, all talk of social welfare should be put in the back burner. The govt does not even know how many unemployed live on a street and they want to track the whole country. Well, good luck with that.

Looks like you've not been asking the right questions so the responses you get to satisfy your knowledge in this regards isn't top notch. That you have concluded it CAN never work is naive. Let me address the matters you raise.

1) How will the government sustain it?

Blocking Revenue Loopholes
TSA - The Treasury Single Account is the mechanism the government has implemented to forever block loopholes for collection of ALL revenues accruing to it. By mid 2015, the current government was able to retrieve N1.4 trillion of its funds idling away in commercial banks most of which in previous years will have mostly been frittered away and almost never recovered.

Staggering the Payout (4-5 million extremely poor citizens)
The APC in its manifesto specified that the monies will be paid to citizens based on them meeting two conditions - school enrollment and immunization. While clarifying this in March 2015, Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo specified that the payment is unlikely to be made to 25 million extremely poor Nigerians at a go, so this number will be staggered based on available resources

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/03/26/osinbajo-clears-air-on-n5000-stipend-to-25-million-poor-people/

2) The govt can't even pay salaries for God's sake.

Economic mismanagement of revenues from crude and other government agencies such as FIRS, Customs, NPA led us to where the country met itself. Even the Military was not spared. Many agencies simply submitted bogus budgets and the former government did not have the means to verify completely who was who and where its funds were going to. Projects were left uncompleted while in many instances the government paid the same contractors over and over to execute the same project.

Data Availability via BVN, CAC & NIMC
For a long while revenue leakages have bled us as a nation. Majority of organizations and individuals do not pay taxes. BVN will change most of that as FIRS for the first time will have access via BVN, the true details of income & revenues for organisations, their shareholders and their staff.

Once the government is able to track income & revenue flows and tighten its collection ability, it will become easier to verify its staff, reduce unnecessary spendings with Zero based budgeting while improving its revenue generation with the data at the disposal of FIRS for tax collection. We are likely in the next 1-2 years see taxes become the larger revenue generator for Nigeria, way more than oil for the first time ever.

Conclusion
A good look at the larger picture will make something evident - data capture is at the core of this project and government has the right tools to implement it. Oh, did I also mention that government will start working with Telcos in 2016 to sync SIM registrations with NIMC & BVN too?

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Boboyen1: 11:48am On Nov 26, 2015
babaoloola:

Millions will be registered through NYSC certificates. Many might have to tender exemption letters(part time students, etc) and school certifcate/transcript for NCE holders. Just thinking o!
A visionary and serious-minded government could record 70% success using this suggestion.
I seriously DONT SUPPORT it. They should make the economy business friendly...thats all!!
Nigerians arent lazy, they will work.

Who wan survive on handouts??

Fantastic idea. I don't think the government would adopt this though as it obviously wouldn't favour the north.

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Laid2001: 12:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
I have looked at this issue deeply and concluded that this is surely possible, although not perfect!

1.Ensure certain level of education is a requirement and collate data from the certification body (WAC/NECO, Universities etc)) and request for presentation of certificate for registration!.

2. Get every registered youth to open an account and submit their BVN.

3. Since the BVn can not be duplicated, use it to eliminate double registrations and ban those people with double registration!.

4. Run account transaction query on all remaining BVNs and eliminate all BVNs with monthly inflow above N50k/month (or any other cut off amount) in the last six month.

5. Start payments on the remaining BVNs that scaled through item 2-4 above.

6. Run Monthly screening of the BVNs and drop those that fails item 4 above monthly.

These is based on the premise that anyone with employment in one way or the other will need a bank account or more than one accounts. And an unemployed person is not expected to be consistently have inflow of more than N30K monthly into his/her bank account.
It is also premise on the fact that, it is difficult to do without a bank account if you are GAINFULLY Employed.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by blackpriest0911: 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
Operation shoe your APC membership card
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by mentorandfriend(m): 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2015
babaoloola:

Millions will be registered through NYSC certificates. Many might have to tender exemption letters(part time students, etc) and school certifcate/transcript for NCE holders. Just thinking o!
A visionary and serious-minded government could record 70% success using this suggestion.
I seriously DONT SUPPORT it. They should make the economy business friendly...thats all!!
Nigerians arent lazy, they will work.

Who wan survive on handouts??
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Exponental(m): 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
in a country where data or records do not project the truth, it's a fluke. it will only encourage corruption cos some fully employed will benefit while the unemployed won't.
we don't have records....QED
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Paentera(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
To add to my earlier posts, the Graduate Jobseekers Allowance is totally different from the Cash Conditional Transfer and will not be N5k. FG will pay this funds for 1 year after NYSC.

For those asking how government will know when you have gotten a job or not? With BVN, government now has access to determine when you receive a Tax ID to start earning an income. Once you are assigned a Tax ID, your name is automatically removed from the Unemployment scheme list.

This really is easy to figure out.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Galaxydon1(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
saintgoogle:
FTC yippeeeeeeeeeee
#itookyourvirginity you are mine forever

The poster below me need to be smirked
*****FART***** enjoy my fart good boy

Seun abeg lemme see my alert before noon oooo

Back to the matter I think the problem of unemployment should be addressed not issuance of social security to the unemployed
which alert, is seun doing promo.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Cholls(m): 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
My brother do you have your BVN.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by mart2k(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
At d end d govt wil only use APC youths data and refer to them as unemployed Nigerians.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Laid2001: 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
There are millions of employed people without tax id. Many graduates who are employed in the informal sectors do not have tax id.
Some of them makes hundreds of thousands per month!.

Paentera:
To add to my earlier posts, the Graduate Jobseekers Allowance is totally different from the Cash Conditional Transfer and will not be N5k. FG will pay this funds for 1 year after NYSC.

For those asking how government will know when you have gotten a job or not? With BVN, government now has access to determine when you receive a Tax ID to start earning an income. Once you are assigned a Tax ID, your name is automatically removed from the Unemployment scheme list.

This really is easy to figure out.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by mart2k(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
Justdulla:
uar so funny guy. As for me, na Sagem I dey use to browse no b smart fone
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by luckarub(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
Paentera:
Allow me to contribute to this matter from a point of knowledge and where possible, use existing information to enlighten us all.

1) The N5,000 APC promised in its manifesto is to be paid to 25 million MOST VULNERABLE NIGERIANS not just to Youth as the OP stated

http://apc.com.ng/index.php/media-center/latest-news/item/1152-we-wont-renenge-on-promise

2) The scheme is correctly termed a Cash Conditional Transfer, where the beneficiaries are expected to achieve or complete a task in order to access the scheme.

It is a scheme copied from other parts of the world, the most successful country at implementing this being Brazil where it was able to use such to lift over 50 million of its citizens out of abject poverty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_cash_transfer

3) APC states that this CCT will be staggered over a period of time (4-5 million citizens annually) but there are two conditions that beneficiaries must satisfy - enrollment of kids in school and immunization of kids. This you will agree are thus not targeted at the youth.

4) The Conditional Cash Transfer was used aggressively in combating health incidences such as polio in the Northern part of Nigeria and contributed to the elimination last year.

As a poster stated earlier, with the BVN and TSA in place, and NIMC set to kick off the National ID project in collaboration with NIBBS (creators of the BVN project), the government does not need to interface with any third party agency to verify who is who. You will need to open an account and have a BVN & National ID and possibly, have a child that you cannot afford to send to school - enrol such a child at a public school, get his or her immunization records updated and you get credited cash either via your account or are handed food stamp or vouchers.

Considering the government has specified that it will stagger the implementation based on funds available, I am certain that even where there might be hitches or hiccups at the start, the scheme will achieve 90-95% success and uplift a significant number of Nigerians out of abject poverty.

Just want to lend my voice to this discuss, just for enlightenment purposes, which can also be a suggestion anyways;

I hear guys say that the 5K is too small, the truth is that even if it is small, I would suggest we don't discourage the idea, rather we should proffer solutions on the best way to make it work and after then, seeing the success we can talk about increase, just like in minimum wage and the likes, since the Govt promised it and keeping their campaign promise to the people

We should see solution in all activities, not necessarily be negative. We are free to criticize, but be constructive. We know there will be ups and downs at the beginning and considering we, but we certainly get there and get it right for as long as there is the Will and determination to pull it through.

One other impression that I want to help correct is the fact that, we should not think that the 5k is all there is, the Govt is looking at creating jobs...You remember there 300,000 jobs promise. The 5k is just a "Safety Net" or you call it Social Security

My suggestion on how to make it work, looking at things on ground.

Mr. Ngige as said recently that they want to create jobs beyond the usual, he promised that jobs will go beyond the graduating and looking for jobs to training to be self made, to create the jobs. So in that light, they might look at picking pool of Nigerians for vocational course, train them while they collect the stipend and after worth they are setup and they stop collecting the 5K stipends.

They can as well use the promise to sanitize our database structure, just like they have empowered NIMC to do now, to get all the several databases from all the Banks, Telecom Coy and the various places we have registered before and make it like an incentives to come register properly with all the correct personal information and get the 5k stipends, even companies would also be monitored with the number of staff (This might take longer time to achieve). But be that as it may, I am sure they already things planned out. Just believe and trust that things will work.

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by mart2k(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
favoured234:

I am thinking too...
Is being educated without a job a criteria for saying one is unemployed?
What happens to those that learnt handiwork and trade?

Nigerians are greedy those doing personal unregistered businesses that fetch them 250K monthly will still come out as unemployed claiming its their share of the national cake..
Bro they should keep the 5K, we no wan hear am again
good
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Embroider(m): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
instead of you to start speaking how you will get a good job,you have started glancing at a chance that you have no place yet. don't be lazy you have to stand on your feet, otherwise...
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by amazingspiderma: 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2015
Three points.
First the Nigerian public office holders always sabbotage any process which requires data capture,they hate accountability because it will help control corruption.No one is asking what happened to the last population census data,but I know it is the hand of some individuals right now who use it for their personal business plans.Collecting personal data is the next big assest in the business world.

Secondly, the scheme was targeted at the unemployed/ less priveledge.Let's be objective for once.Who are these set of people,they definately are those who are in the 95% zone of the country.If you use you knowledge of stattistics to do a 25 percentile,50 percentile and 75 percentile you will discover where the beneficiaries of this scam of a program lies.

My intention is not just criticize,but to point to better alternatives.Constructive critism should have alternatives.These is my suggestion.
If government wants to really alleviate the suffering of the Nigerian youth,it can use the internet to run programs that empowers the Nigerian youth especially students, graduates at orientation camps or workers in for instance,the use of Microsoft office applications,like word,excel,power point.Computer programming like JAVA.All these will empower the Nigerian youth at little cost. Moreover,the time take to train people will be less than a year,weeks or even days depending on the individual.The effect of this continous knowledge empowerment can be felt in the economy and make Nigeria better.How else can we define a prosperous nation without prospering the citizens.NYSC discharge certificate numbers,BVN,voters registration number identity etc can be used as log in access.The cost required to build such systems is far less than a months disbursement of N5k.
Most social network enterprenuers learnt the basics of programming and built companies as teenagers.If people do it at such ages,why not the Nigerian graduate.The current CEO of microsof is from India.There is a saying in India,that when you throw a stone in the market from the roof of your house,you are will hit an engineer.

This is what happens when people vote base on tribal sentiments instead of building a better future for themselves.Honestly,the problem is that the people that call the shots would rather have the youth incapacitated and at their wimps and caprices than empower them.They want you to serve them,and their children's children.Just imagine the request from some parts of Kogi to replace the deceased governor with his son.Such is the way N5K expecting individuals think.
Meanwhile,as the Nigerian youth keeps waiting for N5k,my prayer and heart desire is that influation and exchange rate does not depreciate it's value.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by donhils: 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
alfa0:
i want to state with dismay that our youths have misplaced priority and at this time wants to sell their birth right if they accept this 5000 Naira.

i believe this should bring every reasonable youth in this country-NIGERIA back to his or her feet.why would you collect just 5000 Naira monthly from people we entrusted our resources .

What happened to creation of jobs that will give youths more than this humiliating 5000 Naira per month. There is this adage that says "Don't give me fish rather teach me how to fish"

collect this 5000 naira and sell your future and the future of your children. A word is enough for the wise.

NOTE: i do not belong to any political party,its just how i feel .
You did not make such sense that would make one to wonder if you belonged to any political party. So what's your point?
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by smudge2079(m): 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
God forbid bad thing. What are u going to do with 5k in d first place....
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
The committee the federal government would put in charge of this programme go chop billions tire
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Jalinco: 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
OP. What concerns you there. Have you lost your job but not captured? Won se ogun aiku fun e oni koje, se oti ku na ni?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Drunk Nimasa Interview Candidate In Lagos / When One Applicant Refused To Be Refused By That Company Again / Massive Vacancies At FHI 360: Apply Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.