Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,761 members, 7,802,322 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! (1138 Views)

"What My Fiance Did For Me After Breaking My Leg In An Accident". Photos / My Fiance Is Leaving Me , Cause I Let Out My Painful And Biggest Secrets To Him / We Took An Oath And I Found Out She Is Possessed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Premise(f): 8:52am On Nov 26, 2015
Hello NL, pls I need your candid advice on this matter as am about to climb d hardest ladder in my life.
Am a lady of 24yrs, am in my final year in University. I have a fiance we have been together for close to a year now, I won't deny d fact that we are both in love with eachoda, I'v been close to his family and they are in support of our relationship.
My problem is that, this guy in question is hyper protective, as in he doesn't want any body around me especially my male friends. Now he asked me to take an oath with him, believing only that will give him rest of mind that I won't leave him for any reason.
Pls, for any reason doest it make sense to take an oath??
And is there any spiritual or physical consequences for an oath taken?
Pls my fellow brothers and sisters your help is seriously needed.
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Abatsam111(m): 8:54am On Nov 26, 2015
Jtjtjtj t tkt
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Lamasta(m): 8:55am On Nov 26, 2015
k
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Evergreen4(m): 8:58am On Nov 26, 2015
Do people still do this oath thing in this 21st century? What if u end up no marrying this Mr lover
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Naff24(f): 8:58am On Nov 26, 2015
Oath ke shocked shocked shocked
Someone is seriously in trouble oo
My advice for u is that, u need to profess the love for him, make him feel secure with you, as taking oath is not in the option at all. So do not take oath or make an empty promise to your partner, rather show him love, satisfy him with everything u can ever think of, but don't dare to take an oath with any man.
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Naff24(f): 9:00am On Nov 26, 2015
Evergreen4:
Do people still do this oath thing in this 21st century? What if u end up no marrying this Mr lover
Tor, I wonder o
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by abdrazak: 9:01am On Nov 26, 2015
Never take oath for any reason.

If the guys loves you, there is no need for him to be securing his future by oath.

The way you build your relationship matters the most.

If something bad happens along your relationship/courtship i.e. death of your partner, you are finish be that.

Sincerity and understanding is utmost the best than taking an oath.

#IRestMyCase
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by younghartz(m): 9:05am On Nov 26, 2015
you shouldnt....you'll regret it later in da future if u accept d oath ish

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by tobisco29(m): 9:09am On Nov 26, 2015
Its a very risky thing...I dont support such
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by IamLEGEND1: 9:10am On Nov 26, 2015
dump him
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by pet4ril(f): 9:11am On Nov 26, 2015
End time oath angry

Dont be deceived because even the oath will not stop him from not wanting your male friends around you...... Believe me though you will not believe right now, this guy in question will not only stop your male friends but will later stop some of your loved/far relatives and probably show sign that he doesn't like your family been around all the time that it should be two of you alone, another thing is that he may later be an abuser or violence..... Oh i shake my head, please be wise.....its just a year and there are still many things /characters he has not displayed
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by tse1v1(m): 9:25am On Nov 26, 2015
don't even try it.............oath is never a guarantee in any relationship rather it destroys it...........the key to a successful relationship is understanding each other.
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Solidkay(m): 9:25am On Nov 26, 2015
Dont u dare!
Physical consequence
(1)He will surely resolve into a violent man once u r married cos he will always b over protective n very jealous,
Spiritual consequence
God condems it,period.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by afolab212(m): 9:28am On Nov 26, 2015
Oath bawo? Do you know what would happen in the future? Don't you know after marriage you will start seeing what you don't really know about your partner.
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by peter4acme(m): 9:50am On Nov 26, 2015
NO NEED FOR THE OATH IF ONLY HE TRULY LOVE U.... smiley

IF HE NEEDS SECURITY MAKE HIM TELL CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF TO HELP HIM WITH BATTALIONS OF BOKO HARAM...... MITCHEW.....
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Amiano(m): 10:12am On Nov 26, 2015
Run for ur dear life oh
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by JustHere2Observ(f): 10:20am On Nov 26, 2015
Troll alert
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by AlomoReloaded: 10:44am On Nov 26, 2015
Oath? Did you just say oath? shocked shocked shocked I TAKE MY GREATGRANDBOSSMAN'S NAME BEG YOU,.... NO TRY AM O!!!!!
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by femimailbox(m): 11:19am On Nov 26, 2015
@op run for your life!

That's is an end time red flag!

Don't dare it please!
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 26, 2015
Do you plan to be 'disloyal'? Then take the oath na.
No spiritual or mystical thingy whatsoever.
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 26, 2015
femimailbox:
@op run for your life!

That's is an end time red flag!

Don't dare it please!

younghartz:
you shouldnt....you'll regret it later in da future if u accept d oath ish
AlomoReloaded:
Oath? Did you just say oath? shocked shocked shocked I TAKE MY GREATGRANDBOSSMAN'S NAME BEG YOU,.... NO TRY AM O!!!!!
@all those discouraging the op, I don't know when Nigerians would outgrow this our hyper superstitious nature. Don't you take oaths on wedding day, or is the church oath accepted simply becos it's done in a church?
This simply underlies our inherently immoral nature, as many still have that sneak feeling that they'd still cheat even when married.
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by younghartz(m): 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
sapiosexual1:

@all those discouraging the op, I don't know when Nigerians would outgrow this our hyper superstitious nature. Don't you take oaths on wedding day, or is the church oath accepted simply becos it's done in a church?
This simply underlies our inherently immoral nature, as many still have that sneak feeling that they'd still cheat even when married.

What is dis one saying? Oya go swear inside shrine say you no go bawl any other gf apart frm ur present gf.....d meat wey dem dey eat inside shrine different from dat wan wey dem dey share inside church.
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by schumastic(m): 6:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
Premise:
Hello NL, pls I need your candid advice on this matter as am about to climb d hardest ladder in my life.
Am a lady of 24yrs, am in my final year in University. I have a fiance we have been together for close to a year now, I won't deny d fact that we are both in love with eachoda, I'v been close to his family and they are in support of our relationship.
My problem is that, this guy in question is hyper protective, as in he doesn't want any body around me especially my male friends. Now he asked me to take an oath with him, believing only that will give him rest of mind that I won't leave him for any reason.
Pls, for any reason doest it make sense to take an oath??
And is there any spiritual or physical consequences for an oath taken?
Pls my fellow brothers and sisters your help is seriously needed.

OP PLS TRY N WATCH THIS MOVIE THE OATH IS AN OLD SCHOOL NAIJA MOVIE AFTER WHICH YOU IL KNOW IF YOU SHOULD OR NOT...HELL NOOOO

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
cry
Re: Help! My Fiance Want Us To Take An Oath! by Anikishaya(f): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
There is fire on the mountain...........run run run

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible 4 A Lady To Reach Orgasm Durin Rape?.. / Photo: If She Tells You "I Love You" Lol / Seven Signs Your Love For Your Partner Is Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.