Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu (30112 Views)

Top 7 Young Nigerians Who Are Likely To Become President / Kogi: Bello Sheds Tears During Inaugural Speech / Who Amongst These APC Candidates Should Replace Audu In The Dec 5 Supp Polls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Akebe83: 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
INEC should declare primary Election Between Audu Son and Yahaya Bello.

regard

Akebe
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Otapipia: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
ebira12345:
In shall Allahu Alhaji Bello Yahaya (aka) fair plus is on d way to success, my colleagues from igala u are free to waile oooo

Never, not in Kogi state.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Yahami(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
IT'S THE TIME: POWER SHIFT MUST STAND YAHAYA BELLO ALL THE WAY TO CENTRAL No CONTRADICTION!!!
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by gretblue: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
baby124:
Faleke should go to court. If they refuse to give him his mandate, he should quit APC. Let him go and discuss with his people in Kogi the right steps to take and stop listening to people trying to placate him. Always stand for your right, look at Amaechi. One person cannot fly from anywhere and take over those votes when over 80% has been done. You are a native of Kogi and entitled to govern that state like any one else.
Have you taken into consideration what the law says about the whole scenario.or you just want faleke to apply his own law so he can become the gov? Don't be carried away by your emotions.
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by tpiadotcom: 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
tobimillar:
Crap...it's either adeleke or nothing

Have you changed his name or you don't know the name, which one?
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by baby124: 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
gretblue:

Have you taken into consideration what the law says about the whole scenario.or you just want faleke to apply his own law so he can become the gov? Don't be carried away by your emotions.
The law says exactly that he should be substituted. Except you are reading another law. There is no place in the world that another candidate can be superior to a running mate. You have a running mate for such eventualities. And since majority of the vote has been counted and announced and victory is sure. In fact they should have announced the victory because there is no way Wada can win with 25,000 eligible voters. I am not talking by emotions but basic fact. It is up to Faleke to choose a deputy. He will win this case clear and clean. APC should dare not bite its own tail.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
lasisi69:
Na Koredo Bello.... End time news
are you just crazy or what... grin grin grin grin
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
TimothyNkenu:

I don't know who mentioned PDP here.

Now run along.
grin grin grin grin....ona no go kill me for nairaland oo...cheii
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by lasisi69(f): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
IzonOwei:
are you just crazy or what... grin grin grin grin
both

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Ameenameen: 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
this is very simple thing for apc and inec, in a football match if a striker of a team is injure you replace the striker from your bench which means yahaya is the second striker, faleke as a supporting striker remains as supporting striker while yahaya leads the teams. lastly no needs for another primary because you cannot feature unregistered player, if apc brings anybody not yahaya we all should tell pdp congratulation in advance .
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
gretblue:

Crying more than the bereaved.we know where your loyalty lies.Presenting Faleke as the governorhip candidate is like playing into the trap and hands of PDP. Faleke didn't participate in the Apc primary election.so as a result he will be nullified at the tribunal if he wins the election. A case study is Amechi and Omehia in Rivers state. (2) since faleke has participated in the election as deputy gov,the law doesn't permit him to run in the same election as the govship candidate again simply because one cant vie for 2 different positions in the same election.So Apc wouldn't play to your gallery for you to upturn the result at the tribunal.
Which law are you quoting from?
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
This is nonsense.... Please syop spamming me with this rubbish.
adadadon:

Why James Faleke Cant be the APC Governorship Candidate
"In my candid opinion, those who are calling for a fresh party primary and statewide governorship election thereafter needs to factor in the provision of Section 178 (2) of the 1999 constitution (as amended) which says election to the office of the governor should be held not earlier than 150 days and not later than 30 days. Wada was sworn in as Kogi State Governor on January 31, 2012 and as things stand, INEC may not have the wherewithal to conduct a fresh election throughout the state within the next one month left for it to do so. For those pushing the joint ticket argument, Audu alone ran in the party primary while his running mate was nominated by him or his party after he emerged victorious at the intra-party election. Meanwhile, for a person to be a candidate of the party under our extant laws, particularly Section 87 of the Electoral Act 2010, as amended, he must have participated in all the stages of the nomination processes. That is, he must have undergone the party primary. Faleke unfortunately did not undergo primary with Audu. To my own mind, the cost and time-saving thing to do by the APC and INEC is for the party to nominate the first runner up to be its candidate while INEC should go ahead to conclude the election by holding supplementary poll in the 91 polling units where election could not hold or was cancelled. Meanwhile, it is not the first time INEC had declared election inconclusive and went ahead to conduct a supplementary election. It happened in the governorship election in Ekiti State in 2009, Imo State in 2011 and 2015 to mention but a few.
PS: you have bee avoiding the truth
APC should not field Faleke..... Otherwise PDP would get that Kogi mandate on the doctrine of wasted votes
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
yeahh:

Hw is it an illegality he was the second in the primaries, faleke did not contest the primaries
Remember in rivers state when Celestine omehias primary was struck out his deputy didn't become the governor but ameachi who didn't even contest in the election was declared the winner
I believe you can read, if yed, then google what really happened between Omehia and Amaechi. Stop spamming this thrash
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Judolisco(m): 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
handie:
Seriously, I think this issue should be taken to the supreme court for interpretation. The ideal arrangement which I feel will make everyone happy is James Faleke for governor and Abubakar Audu's Son as deputy( this will placate the igalas and Audu's supporters). Yahaya Bello as governor and James Faleke as deputy will mean shortchanging the igalas. Yahaya Bello as governor and an igala man as deputy will amount to dumping James Faleke after all the campaigns. BTW, can't James Faleke argue that the election was effectively won already by Audu and as d running mate, should be the occupier of d office?(the number of eligible voters is less than the margin with which APC are leading)
faleke knows nothing about kogi politics
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by gretblue: 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
baby124:

The law says exactly that he should be substituted. Except you are reading another law. There is no place in the world that another candidate can be superior to a running mate. You have a running mate for such eventualities. And since majority of the vote has been counted and announced and victory is sure. In fact they should have announced the victory because there is no way Wada can win with 25,000 eligible voters. I am not talking by emotions but basic fact. It is up to Faleke to choose a deputy. He will win this case clear and clean. APC should dare not bite its own tail.
My learned friend don't get it twisted.if the INEC has declared Audu has the winner.Faleke automatically becomes the gov after Audu demise.But since ,the election is inconclusive according to INEC, hence the need to conclude the latter part of the same election which faleke has participated as the dep gov.The law simply doest allow faleke to run in the same election in 2 different positions as deputy before demise of Audu and as gov after demise of Audu in the same kogi 2015 gubernatorial election.(2) Before you could become a gov u must have participated in the party primaries which faleke didn't participate. Doing any other things apart from this is amounting to giving PDP a smooth ride at the election.PDP is just waiting for Apc to make any blunder so that they can capitalise on it at the election tribunal.Any other thing will amount the tribunal declaring Wada as the winner .
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by okpor2(m): 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
I believe in party loyalty but fair plus is not a loyal partyman.since he lost d primaries he never participated in apc campaigns.he was neva seen at aani of d apc campaign programme.nd now he wants to reap from d sweat of those he neva believed in.I praise him thou for not decamping but I doubt he even voted for apc on d election day
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by agabusta: 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
phrancys001:
Bet you the bello guy wouldn't become Governor,it's simple arithmetic bello is from central senatorial and faleke is from west senatorial just wondering those making those impossible permutation have not consider what happens to east senatorial which hold 65% electorate votes ? #fearigalao! Or else another corpse is in the making very soon.

Oga APC has already technically won the election. This supplementary election is just an academic exercise just like the one that happened in Imo state during the general elections.

The total number of registered voters where the supplementary election is to take place is 49,000 while those with PVCs are just 25,000.

while APC is already leading with 41,000 votes.

So you see.... APC has already technically won.
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Panshow(m): 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
This is a nice move. He sure deserve it. *in Mama peace voice* it's not easy to carry second.
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by agabusta: 3:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
martinsoche:
so INEC want a new primaries but don't want a new election, this APC govt are really showing that their have federal power to manipulate everything now , pls oooo this is not the promise u guys promise us.....

You guys need to comprehend properly before talking. INEC never told APC to organize another primaries. They only told them they have the right of substituting their dead candidate.

There is nothing like primaries in the statement issued by INEC.

INEC is also very smart and deliberately remained silent on that. They only told APC to substitute their candidate, it is left for APC to do so in accordance with extant laws.
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by adaweezy(m): 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This is nonsense.... Please syop spamming me with this rubbish.
Why cant you reply him......??
And counter him with facts instead of raising red herrings
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by adaweezy(m): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
okpor2:
I believe in party loyalty but fair plus is not a loyal partyman.since he lost d primaries he never participated in apc campaigns.he was neva seen at aani of d apc campaign programme.nd now he wants to reap from d sweat of those he neva believed in.I praise him thou for not decamping but I doubt he even voted for apc on d election day
emm APC won his PU and ward .......
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
adaweezy:

Why cant you reply him......??
And counter him with facts instead of raising red herrings
It is not everything I respond to especially when it appear disjointed and illogical
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Eruditor: 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
gretblue:

You should have known that Apc would have consulted their legal team before making any conclusion.Faleke wouldn't be the option because he didn't participate in the Apc primary election.Faleke woudnt be presented as the govship candidate simply because a candidate cant run for 2 offices in a certain/single or particular election.The law doesn't permit him to run as deputy and at the same time run for govship.The best option for Apc now is to present the second runner up in the Apc primary election.

Their legal team is acting too desperate to maintain their lead and present a candidate "legitimately" that they are actually going to bite more than they can chew. If APC conducts a new primary election the emerging winner has less legitimacy to Audu's vote than Faleke.

What I expect APC to do is prepare for the tribunal or head to the courts straight up and ask that Prince Audu be declared the winner of the elections even before he died. Prince Audu's vote was already counted so the humdrum about him being dead is played out. Also he has achieved more than 2/3 majority of the total LGAs and has had atleast 25% in each (something that Wada can never attain). To add to that Prince Audu led with 41k votes with the difference between the lead and the accredited voters expected to vote in the supplementary elections being not greater than 25k, so INEC goofed big time in not declaring Audu the governor.

On pronouncement of his death, his Deputy, Faleke, should be sworn in as the governor.
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by ipreach: 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
we don hear
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Cleverman2020: 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
NA TODAY? IS LONG I KNOW THAT IT IS THE TURN OF OTHER TRIBES IN KOGI STATE TO BECOME GOVERNOR OF THAT STATE. THOSE IGALLAS SHOUD (AT LEAST) BE TIRED AND REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED IN BENUE STATE. BELLO YAHAYA ALL THE WAY... GOD IS AT WORK.
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by aliscomonaj: 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
The only way out is to conduct fresh primary, else i still feel Audu was killed to be replaced by same themmmmmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Akinrogun(m): 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2015
baby124:

my friend...this is strictly an internal party affairs...Faleke doesn't av a say in d maneuvering, remember he's a stooge brought in from Lasgidi. for ur information, d initial primaries was concluded b4 Jagaban brought him in to assert his imperialism.

From d foregoing...Jagaban, a senior member of APC BOT was part and parcel of d decision to field Yahaya Bello to conclude d inconclusive.

If eventually Yahaya Bello emerge to fill d vacuum, I'll concur for d sake of political exigencies...bt he should beware of ides of March....his pathways ar strewn with landmines.
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by baby124: 5:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
Akinrogun:

my friend...this is strictly an internal party affairs...Faleke doesn't av a say in d maneuvering, remember he's a stooge brought in from Lasgidi. for ur information, d initial primaries was concluded b4 Jagaban brought him in to assert his imperialism.

From d foregoing...Jagaban, a senior member of APC BOT was part and parcel of d decision to field Yahaya Bello to conclude d inconclusive.

If eventually Yahaya Bello emerge to fill d vacuum, I'll concur for d sake of political exigencies...bt he should beware of ides of March....his pathways ar strewn with landmines.

That does not matter. Next time you vote, know that you are voting for both the candidate and his running mate. The running mate is not there for decoration, but to replace the candidate in the event that the candidate is incapable. So your sentiments and fear of Tinubu does not take away the fact that the candidacy BELONGS to Faleke.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by Akinrogun(m): 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
baby124:

That does not matter. Next time you vote, know that you are voting for both the candidate and his running mate. The running mate is not there for decoration, but to replace the candidate in the event that the candidate is incapable. So your sentiments and fear of Tinubu does not take away the fact that the candidacy BELONGS to Faleke.

d fault with ur submission is dt in d eyes of d law.....d party is d recognized agency before INEC....it's not about personality, shey u get.

that's d more reason u need to b acquainted with d electoral act.....they are vividly spelt out.
Re: Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu by baby124: 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
Akinrogun:

d fault with ur submission is dt in d eyes of d law.....d party is d recognized agency before INEC....it's not about personality, shey u get.

that's d more reason u need to b acquainted with d electoral act.....they are vividly spelt out.

You are the one making it about personality. I am stating the legal and natural order of things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How APC Governors Clashed, Tackled Each Other At Party Meeting / Fielding Jonathan In 2015 Election Was A Mistake - Fayose / Lagos State Suspends NURTW Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.