Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,432 members, 7,781,260 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:24 AM

Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs (35454 Views)

Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees / BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by barx(m): 11:09am On Nov 26, 2015
For those that want further their education abroad or those that have studied aborad and need to authenticate their certificates and other relevant documents, these are some steps to be followed:

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO SCHOOL ABROAD:

1. You go to ministry of education Abuja (Federal Secretariat) 8th Floor that's where the office is (prepare to use the stairs cos the lift is not always up dew to power failure)

You need to take all your credentials there (WAEC/NECO very important), they will ask for the certificate before the others, they may ask you for a print out of the result u are using (NECO/WAEC), print and hold the scratch card cos usse will use the serial number there. The cards are like N300 each but there its sold at N600 each and printing is N150.

2. You will get a form to fill for the authentication process. The form is sold from N100 - N500 depending on who is selling the forms that day.

3. You will then go and make payments (each document you want to authenticate will cost N300 for now), they will calculate and tell you how much you will pay. they will direct you to a bank (Diamond).

4. Before you get to the bank, find a cyber cafe around (groung floor near Zenith Bank) tell them you to help you generate payment ID from Remita. That ID is what you will use to pay in to the government account at Diamond Bank.

5. Photocopy the teller and go ask of IPPIS or Revenue office (ground floor) there there they will collect the teller and sign o the photocopy.

6. Then you go back to 8th floor and submit then wait or they will tell you when to come back.
NOTE: Dont laminate your documents yet cos they will sign and seal it
Authentication of documents is Monday to Thursday, they dont attend to people on friday.
If You can sort somebody in that office to do it for you it will be faster and it will save you alot of stress.

AFTER U ARE THRU WITH MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, YOU PROCEED TO MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (5-8 MINUTES WALK)

1. You get there and tell them you want to authenticate your document that you have done that of education already.

2. They will collect it and tell you when to come back. Each document will cost N1000. foreign affairs has no stress and its sharp.

FOR THOSE WHO SCHOOLED ABORAD

If you schooled aborad and you want to authenticate your document or you want to go for service, the process is same as that of ministry of education above cos its done in the same place just that i dont know how much it will cost.
I will advise that you do it early cos the last time i was there, there, the documents are still there with the staff in the ministry and NYSC Camp has commenced already. They will be telling you that there is so much work you wont see what they are doing.
In order or not to get to the camp when the camp is ending, start the process early.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2017
thanks for d info....as a graduate going out of the country for work should I do attestification for my nysc certificate?

1 Like

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by henrolevra: 11:30am On Nov 08, 2017
Thanks for this comprehensive info. Please I have a problem with my original certificate. I lost the originals of my FSLC and WAEC. But I still have the photocopies with me. How do I go about it. Thanks
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by KennyAsan(m): 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2018
Please, how much does it cost to authenticate a police report?
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Yajman: 11:53am On May 17, 2018
I have already laminated it.. What is the remedy?
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Dface2: 1:52pm On May 17, 2018
Download Research Project Topics & Materials Here
@
www.projectreserve.com

Preparing to write your Final Year Project/Thesis and in need of the best project topics and materials at various levels (i.e Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D)?
Get it done with NO stress today.
Goto: www.projectreserve.com for downloads!
-----------------------------------------------

Are you also working on a FRESH Project Topic approved to you by your supervisor?
Or are you working on a project topic which is not listed or related to the topics we have on our site?
If "YES", then you have nothing to worry about as we are capable of developing write-up on a "NEW" research topic in various field of study.
Kindly click here: www.projectreserve.com/p/hire-writer.html and follow the procedure to get started right away.

Contact our help desk today: 08074521866, 08066484965.
Our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/projectreserve

NOTE: All research projects, Research Term Papers and Essays on our site are well researched, supervised and approved by lecturers who are intellectuals in their various fields of study.
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by ImpressionsNG: 9:34am On Aug 22, 2018
For a comprehensive and more practical discussion of how to quickly authenticate your certificates and documents in Nigeria (at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Education in Abuja), you need to check out the article below....

http://www.impressions.ng/procedure-to-authenticate-legalize-certificates-documents-apostille-stamp-nigeria/
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Preciousuzo: 8:15am On Nov 10, 2018
Hello please is it possible to Authenticate my 2018 WAEC statement of result? Looking for admission in Romania and they need my result to be authenticated;

Has anyone authenticated their result before with out the Certificate... My WAEC is 2018

1 Like

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by zahratayyab: 9:52am On Nov 10, 2018
nice sharing its really helpful thanks i really like it really really nice http://www.onlineservices.pk/document-attestation-ibcc-hec/
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Hayourbami19: 1:07am On Oct 27, 2019
Pls I want to be clear on this . I'm going to Abuja to Authenticate my documents all because I applied for nigeria navy DSS. And I was told to authenticate the documents first at Ministry of Education. I school in republic of Benin and I have all my documents complete. Pls what are the requirements?
Will be there by Monday please help me out.

1 Like

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by cuutielaura: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2021
pls, can some one help the current price for Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign and how long does it take.
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Mike213: 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
cuutielaura:
pls, can some one help the current price for Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign and how long does it take.

When are you going.?? I am coming from Lagos this week. Was told I should budget 100k for all including hotel
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 26, 2021
barx:
For those that want further their education abroad or those that have studied aborad and need to authenticate their certificates and other relevant documents, these are some steps to be followed:

1. You go to ministry of education Abuja (Federal Secretariat) 8th Floor that's where the office is (prepare to use the stairs cos the lift is not always up dew to power failure)

You need to take all your credentials there (WAEC/NECO very important), they will ask for the certificate before the others, they may ask you for a print out of the result u are using (NECO/WAEC), print and hold the scratch card cos usse will use the serial number there. The cards are like N300 each but there its sold at N600 each and printing is N150.

2. You will get a form to fill for the authentication process. The form is sold from N100 - N500 depending on who is selling the forms that day.

3. You will then go and make payments (each document you want to authenticate will cost N300 for now), they will calculate and tell you how much you will pay. they will direct you to a bank (Diamond).

4. Before you get to the bank, find a cyber cafe around (groung floor near Zenith Bank) tell them you to help you generate payment ID from Remita. That ID is what you will use to pay in to the government account at Diamond Bank.

5. Photocopy the teller and go ask of IPPIS or Revenue office (ground floor) there there they will collect the teller and sign o the photocopy.

6. Then you go back to 8th floor and submit then wait or they will tell you when to come back.
Authentication of documents is Monday to Thursday, they dont attend to people on friday.
If You can sort somebody in that office to do it for you it will be faster and it will save you alot of stress.

AFTER U ARE THRU WITH MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, YOU PROCEED TO MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (5-8 MINUTES WALK)

1. You get there and tell them you want to authenticate your document that you have done that of education already.

2. They will collect it and tell you when to come back. Each document will cost N1000. foreign affairs has no stress and its sharp.

If you schooled aborad and you want to authenticate your document or you want to go for service, the process is same as that of ministry of education above cos its done in the same place just that i dont know how much it will cost.
I will advise that you do it early cos the last time i was there, there, the documents are still there with the staff in the ministry and NYSC Camp has commenced already. They will be telling you that there is so much work you wont see what they are doing.
In order or not to get to the camp when the camp is ending, start the process early.

Hello.

You didn’t mention. Is it coloured photocopies of my WAEC, birth certificate, and others that get authenticated at MOE or the originals?
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Goodysdelight(f): 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hi everyone,

Please I am looking to authenticate some of my certificates at the ministry of foreign affairs Abuja but will really need contact of someone I can call to help facilitate it, possibly get the authenticated certificate same day. Please I will really appreciate this.

Thanks
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by ebeagbor2111: 10:00pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hi,I have a question please
Can it be done only in Abuja? Is authentication same as Notarization?
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Goodysdelight(f): 1:06am On Jun 21, 2021
Hi @ebeagbor notorizing of a document is quite different from authentication. You can notarize from any public notary close to you but authentication mostly is done in Abuja.
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by funjoku: 6:47am On Jul 11, 2021
Things have changed in the procedure of authentication with ministry of education.
I wrote a detailed blog on how to go about your authentication from my experience in July 2021.
Link:
https://medium.com/@njokuuchechi/document-authentication-at-ministry-of-education-and-ministry-of-foreign-affairs-in-nigeria-9d3505867c0e
Cheers and good luck!
barx:

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by AglowRaph(m): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2021
barx:

So, I just finished authenticating my document with both Ministry of Education(MOE) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs(MOFA) yesterday being 19th July, 2021.

This guide was very helpful - I must say and I am grateful to the person that wrote it.

I just have some input to make in addition to his own guidelines. You can also view it as an update.

At first, I got to the MOE building and before going upstairs, you can visit https://ess.education.gov.ng/#/ and register to book an appointment with MOE. After your registration, you could sign in, upload your scanned documents that you would love to verify. Make payment online. If you have a MasterCard or cards that support online transaction, it is best. After that, print the remita and the appointment slip. That's why you have to do this either at home or before climbing up stairs.

Like the former writer wrote, the evaluation and authentication office is at the 8th floor. I used the elevator. So... before you go climbing the stairs, make sure you try the elevator first.
I guess the thought of public holiday did not make people visit the MOE that much but I could count upto 80-90 of us that were at the MOE. They usually sort between those for evaluation and those for authentication (more preference).

The documents for authentication is individualized. It all depends on you and what you are applying for. I had authenticated my WAEC, Degree Certificate, and Transcript. They do not authenticate HEALTH CERTIFICATE or POLICE SECURITY CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE at the MOE. They only authenticate educational related materials. So, do not make the mistake of uploading it online for MOE.

As for WAEC authentication, those whose WAEF results are less than 5 years are required to pay for a scratch card but if your WAEC results is above 5 years (and you have your original), you won't be required to purchase any scratch card.

I successfully authenticated everything with MOE that same day. The secret lies in going to the MOE on time and very early.

After authentication with MOE, I just walked to MOFA. I was directed to meet someone by someone at MOE. I called him and he collected by documents. Including HEALTH AND POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATES.

I waited for about 3-4 hours and I got my credentials.
The amount as stated by the writer is N1000 per document. In my case, I was charged N500 per page.

I wish this info will be helpful to someone just as the former writers post was to me.

6 Likes

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by xcelpro: 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
My O'Level Certificate is laminated.
Please what can I do in order to unlaminate it?
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by NwaUdi1(m): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2021
xcelpro:
My O'Level Certificate is laminated.
Please what can I do in order to unlaminate it?

This is not an issue as they have a way to cut open where they will sign and seal.

1 Like

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by NwaUdi1(m): 7:54am On Jul 24, 2021
ebeagbor2111:
Hi,I have a question please
Can it be done only in Abuja? Is authentication same as Notarization?

Yes. Authentications are done in Abuja only.

Notarization is different from Authentications.

For those living far away from Abuja feel free to contact me on WhatsApp 08063293445 for your Authentications.

1 Like

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by NwaUdi1(m): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2021
Preciousuzo:
Hello please is it possible to Authenticate my 2018 WAEC statement of result? Looking for admission in Romania and they need my result to be authenticated;

Has anyone authenticated their result before with out the Certificate... My WAEC is 2018

It's very possible especially if your original certificate have not been released yet
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by xcelpro: 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2021
NwaUdi1:

This is not an issue as they have a way to cut open where they will sign and seal.
Ok. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by RIchiediamond27(m): 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
please what has change in this information
barx:

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by theochael(m): 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
Good evening all,

Please is the Authentication done on the original certificates or photocopies of the original certificates.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by ObikaViola: 1:38am On Sep 12, 2021
Please can a family member help me with the attestation? Will the person be allowed?
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by CrysWhite(f): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
I don’t have my HND original certificate what I have is statement of result and my transcript will it be possible for me to authenticate it at the ministry of education
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by NwaUdi1(m): 5:25am On Oct 24, 2021
theochael:
Good evening all,

Please is the Authentication done on the original certificates or photocopies of the original certificates.
Thanks in advance.

On academic documents, Authentications is done on the Original documents only
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by NwaUdi1(m): 5:29am On Oct 24, 2021
CrysWhite:
I don’t have my HND original certificate what I have is statement of result and my transcript will it be possible for me to authenticate it at the ministry of education

It depends on when you graduate from the HND program. If the HND SoR is more than 3years or your school has done convocation since then, then you may have to get your original HND Certificate.

For those who are far from Abuja, you can contact me on WhatsApp 08063293445 for your Authentications and Embassy's Legalizations
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by ezenwajunior(m): 8:20am On Nov 07, 2021
By the grace of God , we have resumed activities since after the covid issue. We are still in the business of assisting our clients to get their documents authenticated and verified from MOFA and MoE respectively. Embassies are not also left out. Please do well to send a message across for enquires and we will respond asap.

ezenwajunior@gmail.com

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 7 Most Popular Confraternities (cult Groups) In Nigeria And Their History. / Teacher Spends N400,000 To Renovate Classroom For Pupils / Meet Unilag Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.