Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,390 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. (26971 Views)

Muslims Kick Against Christian/Christian Ticket In Ondo State / Question Niger-Delta Avengers Asked Buhari And Northern Lawmakers / NDDC: Imo Lawmakers Kick Against Semenitari's Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by tosyne2much(m): 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
So giving birth to children you aren't capable of taking care of, is not a sin in Islam right ?

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by sinizia: 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
These Northerners and their annoying and archaic thought process. Must everything have to do with religion? These people keep dragging us back to the 14th century!! SMH!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Firefire(m): 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
scholes0:

Ki Olorun gba wa lowo awon ara ariwa wonyii.
Won fe so gbogbo ilu di almajiri undecided

Amin ooo Jesu.

Lero temi, awon eniyan yen ma un huwa bi eranko, sugbon ki la fe se, a jo wa lorile 'ede kan naa ni. undecided
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Aseneshii: 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
This is not about over population or religious is about poverty , I don't subscribe to a situation where a person without a source of income should be allowed to give birth to even one child, he would be creating problem for others.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
EVILFOREST:

Don't mind the EEDIOTs

See the kind of people we dey share country with.
They mass produce kids just because of elections

Statistics show that the current LAGOS POPULATION is 30million and above.
With 2million cars on transit daily.
Why won't one be held up for life...?

LAGOS will be unliveable by 2020, mark me
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Opharhe: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
The Muslim North has continued to draw this nation backward in many ways especially considering the largeness of their area and the population strength. If this country is not properly restructured where every region or state can develop in it's own pace, then I'm sorry we're going no where, we'll not develop- we are doomed to remain a third world country. Disintegration of this union may be inevitable afterall.

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
RealSleek:
I am not for biafra neither am I against it...if Nigeria should break, let it be into two- southern and northern Nigeria. in ten years let's compare the two and u will see massive development in the south, quote me anywhere

Awkward moment when a Yoruba man is fighting everything to be with Igbos.... either as southern Nigeria or One nigeria....
pls face Odua Republic.... Clean country called BIAFRA is what we want no Yoruba contamination.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by GreatEngineer(m): 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
The Igbos are right, this zoo need to be divided because the northern part are dragging us backward.
If we say they are parasite, they say we are insulting them.

Is there any sane human being that would not support birth control in this current country that we are now?

I don't think the north are really feeling the kind of hardship people are in this country.

The north should just be on their own.

9 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by dragnet: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
birth control, family planning or what have you is alien to Islam and prohibited.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by SeverusSnape(m): 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
RealSleek:
I am not for biafra neither am I against it...if Nigeria should break, let it be into two- southern and northern Nigeria. in ten years let's compare the two and u will see massive development in the south, quote me anywhere

This is my wish exactly!... You said my mind.

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by nellyelitz(m): 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
oluface:
WHICH HADITH OR VERSE OF THE HOLY QURAN BACKS IT AS ANTI ISLAM SHEIK AND UZTAS IN THE HOUSE
the didn't use Koran, na him common sense
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by whatisthetruth: 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
TimothyNkenu:
Bastards.

I thought Nigeria was a secular state?

Plus how does "God" help if you can't afford to raise kids.

Anyone that is a to the point that it blocks their common sense is definitely from one political party that scammed people in 2015.

Meeen, don't you guys get it?

Its no more about secularism, but now about population.

The Muslim birth rate of some countries is about 5.1 to almost 8, while the average for the rest of the world is 1.3-1.8.

When they become the majority, they then decide that it's best to be governed under the sharia Islamic law, an end to democracy.

I just wish everyone knew what I know.

https://www.nairaland.com/2760768/cult-islam-could-islam-anti

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Candyrain(m): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
Nothing wey person no go see or hear for this country undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Truckpusher(m): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
We share this country with some cavemen. grin

In Nnamdi Kanu's voice I told you people that this is a zoo* grin

5 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
Shame on all Biafrans who blind to see Nigeria for what it is

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Echelle(m): 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
Northern LMs Wawuya
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
It seems these Northern people don't know what planning means. I give kudos to the speaker for his wisdom. And the idiots claiming the motion was anti Islam were not thinking right. Agreed, population is the strength of a nation, even the one we have now sef we are still grappling with it, not to talk of when there's population explosion. Even with China's recently abolished one child policy, they still have demographic issues. If we plan now, the better for us as a nation
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by giftedben: 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
Is Nigeria an Islamic country. There are many religions in Nigeria who would also be affected. If we put religions before anything else then there will be so many disagreement. The way they wrote their Koran backwards is always the way they think.

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by mentorken05(m): 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
I keep saying it that Lord Lugard made a huge mistake merging us together...I am sure wherever he is right now,he wouldn't be proud of this entity called Nigeria.
Everything is anti islam for them....they always try to politicise everything...they are dragging us backwards...how can a man that barely earns 20K a month marry up to 3 wives with up to 12 children??
Sometimes I wonder if they eat through their nose...they bring these children into this wicked world and country yet they can't take care of them..
When a child starts begging at the age of 3 please what does the future hold for that child?every body ain't Davido that gives scholarships to little boys that beg.
The worst part of it is that there are some collected Muslims I know that marry only one wife with less than 5 kids...
The big question is...“are they not good Muslims too”?
I hate when people do evil under the name of religion.
The truth is that they believe that their population gives them an advantage politically

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Csami(m): 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
So Islam is a yardstick that will checkmate the collective reasonable decision for a nation?
Because the north litter terrorists everywhere is the reason they won't support it thereby bringing the terrorist mohammad and their bloody religion into it hmm?

Senseless region and religion.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Godjone(m): 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
That is why their region is not growing. These sets of humans have allowed religion to make them become idio.ts.

Now, northern Nigeria is the most backward and terribly ravaged by poverty and illiteracy. Yet the accumulate more women, engage in more se.x, and rear children like pig.

A random check at most houses in communities up north idicate that a man is keeping unto four women in his harem with intention of adding more in future. These women give birth consecutively and continually until the whole household is littered with kids.
Thereafter, this kids become worthless and useless because the parents lacks the means to send them to school.

The next agenda for these kids is to grow to become potential streets urchins, boko haram members and the almajiri syndrom.

Lets just forget these people with their myopic behavior towards religion. They are not ready for growth period
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by whatisthetruth: 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
giftedben:
Is Nigeria an Islamic country. There are many religions in Nigeria who would also be affected. If we put religions before anything else then there will be so many disagreement. The way they wrote their Koran backwards is always the way they think.

Nigeria will be an Islamic country given enough time.

https://www.nairaland.com/2760768/cult-islam-could-islam-anti
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
ibedun:

Your Southern nonsense is dead on arrival!!! My Yoruba ass is going nowhere with Biafrans. Only Ododuwa Republic or Nigeria!!!!

I like I like I like.... No Odua mix with Biafra, only EDO w2e will mix....
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by roxell120(m): 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
THE MAJOR PROBLEM OF THE NORTH IS EXCESS AND UNCONTROLLED CHILD BEARING. QUOTE ME ANYWHERE
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
francizy:
Before nko? What do you expect? You think they'd want to sacrifice their political advantage on the alter of birth control? Never!

China is over populated and are making the most out of their population as they have one of the strongest economies in the world, if not the best. But we have the largest population in Africa, what are we making out of it? Excess miscreants and tools for political violence..
That is Nigeria, things keep gettn worse instead of better nd over population isn't helping matters @all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
dokiOloye:
This is one of d reasons why I believe we shld not be in d same country wt these ppl.
Nigeria is truly a zoo.

Some Yorubas are beginning to have sense

Nigeria is a ZOO
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by scholes0(m): 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
Firefire:

Amin ooo Jesu.

Lero temi, awon eniyan yen ma un huwa bi eranko, sugbon ki la fe se, a jo wa lorile 'ede kan naa ni. undecided

Oro won ti sun mi patapata.
Kini Ona abayo bayii?
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Opharhe: 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
Firefire:

Amin ooo Jesu.

Broda abeg tok the Mata for English make everybody hear am Jare, these people are a problem especially to us- the south and don't try to make it a closet discussion. Don't say 'ki la fe se?' there is always something that can be done- please let's push for a good re-structure of the country else breaking the union becomes in inevitable.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by kinguwem: 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
Nigeria is a secular state. The introduction of religion in our national politics and business is a major setback that is slowing down our socioeconomic development. I don't blame the senators but the system that refuses to change. I may not say we're primitive but we're still far from civilization.

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Forwetinnah: 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
francizy:
Before nko? What do you expect? You think they'd want to sacrifice their political advantage on the alter of birth control? Never!

China is over populated and are making the most out of their population as they have one of the strongest economies in the world, if not the best. But we have the largest population in Africa, what are we making out of it? Excess miscreants and tools for political violence..

Also known as Almajiris...
So because it's anti Islam people should continue to breed children without the means to fend for them? This Religion is indeed something else..it throws common sense right out the window

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
Thats the annoying thing with this idiotic and illiterate northerners!!!

WTF do they know about Islam?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okorocha Declares 3-Week Public Holiday In Imo / Buhari Meets With Wives Of 36 State Governors (Photos) / Gunman Who Killed DSS Operative Arrested While Fleeing To Cameroon. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.