Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday (33868 Views)

Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos / Abuja To Lagos Flight Cost With Arik. Urgent Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by uniknet: 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
If I were in the OP's shoe, I would first be very thankful to God and sober. They were lucky the aircraft haven't flew high enough when the birds flew into both engines of the plane and shut it down. It would have been a different story.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Hefemale: 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
The same way they maltreat their staff

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Tvegas(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
OP, Sorry about the poor treatment meted to you but i wont blame the duty manager from the little i know. Dont be surprised that the duty manager have not been paid his salaries for the past 3 months!!!. Arik is known for delaying salaries and maltreating even their pilots,its a vicious cycle.

My company have clients who are pilots with them and their complaint is never ending. Arik and its board needs to be cleaned up by our government.

2 Likes

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by mybestlove(m): 2:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
The mega fine on MTN should also be melt down on companies like Arik Air
for negligence. Why haven't we heard of this incident on any of our media.
God help us in this zoo called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
My dear, his testimony here on nairaland is enough. Peoples of all races and creed are on here. Perhaps, testifying in church is now a no-no for me. I once testified in a pentecostal church there in Nigeria; I wanted to thank God for saving me from swindlers who I boarded their taxi and all the silly pastor's wife could say was "sister, you need to be prayerful, because when you pray you wouldn't encounter such". Even our Lord Jesus Christ was tempted and the bible assures us that temptations will come, but by God's grace we will overcome. I bet that "madam pastor's wife" doesn't read the same bible everyone else reads.
Pelhumie:
Thank God o...Oluwaseun,if you are a christian,share d testimony on Sunday....its an Advice

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by naijacarz(m): 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2763537/aero-contractor-refuel-fraud-fuel

We need re-orientation in many spheres of Nigerian life. It shouldn't remain backwards forever.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
VivaVivre:
My dear, his testimony here on nairaland is enough. Peoples of all races and creed are on here. Perhaps, testifying in church is now a no-no for me. I once testified in a pentecostal church there in Nigeria; I wanted to thank God for saving me from swindlers who I boarded their taxi and all the silly pastor's wife could say was "sister, you need to be prayerful, because when you pray you wouldn't encounter such". Even our Lord Jesus Christ was tempted and the bible assures us that temptations will come, but by God's grace we will overcome. I bet that "madam pastor's wife" doesn't read the same bible everyone else reads.
Ok ma'am
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by khadupsie(f): 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ruggedman:
[b]Goodday everyone. My name is Kingsley Mark Akpan. I'm a 25-year-old graduate of one of the reputable Universities in Nigeria, UNIUYO to be precise. Since I passed out from school, life has been quite hard. From one fruitless job hunting experience to another and many a time, I'm even compared to forfeit more cash on many of such to-and-fro unfortunate journeys. Well, life goes on. I can't sit down at home, lazy around without doing something, and expect manner from heaven. LOL. I mean no one's gonna pay my bills for me. Anyway sha, man gotta survive. Um so, I settled for a much less paying job albeit painstakingly. Okay. Let me cut the unecessary details and hit the hammer on the nail: I'm a gigolo or a lady-killer if you may. Alright. I offer sex for money - YEAH THATS MY JOB. Okay. The price is #10, 000 for a one-night stand. Good. So, if you're a lady and you're in dire need of steamy, pleasurable sex, just holla at your boy. Always at your service. A trial will convince you. My picture is attached below:[/b]

Eku oro aje!

3 Likes

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Btruth: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
One of the many reasons that i've decides never to fly in any airline own by Nigeria industry or flying within the nation, since my last experience with Chanchangi Airline from Port Harcourt to Lagos in 2003. It was a terrible experience that will forever be in my memory.

Sorry OP, thank God that you are still alive to share this with us.

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Vikky014(f): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"I send you to the bottomless pit of hell, where you will never find internet to 'nairaland' again, Amen". Quote me when you going to the bottomless pit
hahahahahaha. u r very funny oooo. chai my stomach. allow him to thank his Father nah

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by darlenese(f): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

He's real, he's a Satanist...

I cover myself with the blood of Jesus ! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by lastpage: 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"failure in my animal language means BUHARI Biafra and IPAD IPOB, soon some programed animals will soon come here to blame GEJ after 6 months of leaving the seat of the president". Quote me anywhere

You and your lineage obviously need a BRAIN!

FIXED, .....phucking Flat Head

Lastpge

2 Likes

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by darlenese(f): 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ruggedman:
[b]Goodday everyone. My name is Kingsley Mark Akpan. I'm a 25-year-old graduate of one of the reputable Universities in Nigeria, UNIUYO to be precise. Since I passed out from school, life has been quite hard. From one fruitless job hunting experience to another and many a time, I'm even compared to forfeit more cash on many of such to-and-fro unfortunate journeys. Well, life goes on. I can't sit down at home, lazy around without doing something, and expect manner from heaven. LOL. I mean no one's gonna pay my bills for me. Anyway sha, man gotta survive. Um so, I settled for a much less paying job albeit painstakingly. Okay. Let me cut the unecessary details and hit the hammer on the nail: I'm a gigolo or a lady-killer if you may. Alright. I offer sex for money - YEAH THATS MY JOB. Okay. The price is #10, 000 for a one-night stand. Good. So, if you're a lady and you're in dire need of steamy, pleasurable sex, just holla at your boy. Always at your service. A trial will convince you. My picture is attached below:[/b]

Eyaaa see what bullhari has caused !
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
Arik air na scam, your own case still small. Fly them at your own peril
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by miketayo(m): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Thank you Satan.
There is no God ND yet you blive there is satan
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by obailala(m): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"failure in my language means BUHARI, soon some programed animals will soon come here to blame GEJ after 6 months of leaving the seat of the president". Quote me anywhere
I knew some drunk pained losers still yet to recover from election loss hangover will blame Buhari for being unable to solve in 6 months, something GEJ and the entire PDP machinery could not solve in 16 years. Contunuu!

Thank God for the life of the Op, bird strikes are a serious problem in the aviation industry. And as for the delays by Arik due to the cancelled flight, Arik isn't alone in that mess; Airfrance did same to me some months back and that's when I confirmed where Arik was learning this mess from.

3 Likes

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Halleydavid: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
costandi:

No, I won't. angry

Lol, pls do
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by NEROSKY(m): 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
I haven't used ARIK air for once and i will never .. or else i ran out of options... because people always complain about arik air, tomorrow they'll still fly it.. i have used FlyAero & AirPeace couple of times no complains yet.. my next will be ETIHAD (Int')...

Make God help person for this country o.. like the poster said, "They ain't afraid of been sued" ... That's why we don't have any positive feedback on our International airport from any white person...

See Reviews Here = https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=Murtala+Muhammed+International+Airport&espv=2&biw=1217&bih=610&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_qt6Qnq7JAhWIRBQKHf6oCFEQ_AUIBigA&dpr=2#lrd=0x103b91e751d71485:0xf222ed73a7d14f9a,1

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by iamkingzlee(m): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ruggedman:
cc: Thesonofmark
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by KayB: 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
please start to channel your grievances to ICAO, the global body and copy FAAN anytime you send something. May Nigeria and other necessary authorities will wake up to their duties before Arik kills or dehumanizes future generation of this great nation. nobody or entity is expectected to be above the law. When they sanction Nigeria now you all will still be castigating. the whole world is in our palms now, so use .....

3 Likes

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
Don't be silly! Pls get back to been idle.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
fotadmowmend:
Thank God .... chai Edo airlines wan crash airk

Bros I dey feel u, not much people will understand ur statement but I do as a confirm benin man..... Does two birds that mysteriously enter the engine is EDO LINE lol

2 Likes

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by sure4real: 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
Arik Air is the most USELESS airline in Nigeria.The crew and customer care officers have lackadaisical attitude.The force open my bag this year feb. on Arik flight,i reported the case, till today,no response from the useless airline.I can bet you,if they continue this way,they will soon park up.

I had vow not to patronize them.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by nice2000: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
mekd:
hmmm bros easy eyaa.. wetin concern Edo for here

Na idiot him be
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by virginchaser(m): 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
What am i looking for in Arik? 1> It is expensive 2> Many people complain about the airline.
I use aero always, i tried Chanchangi to ABJ once and i regretted my life.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by viviangist2: 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Kingbilo(m): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
But this sounds like a lie..

No way the news would not have got out that a plane made an emergency landing on an international runway with 2 burst tires... The pyrotechnics would have been spectacular or at least smokey

The pilot told the passengers they could have caught fire? Seriously? That's quite irresponsible of him to cause further panic and unrest for the passengers.. Silly rookie mistake for someone experienced enough to land with one engine and a burst tire

The passengers got off the aircraftaircraft and immediately went to PAY for another flight when obviously Arik will either refund them or get another flight ready? Na Richard Branson and Dangote full flight?

2 Likes

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by femiero: 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2015
OP please don't tell me you are not going to sue them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caterpillar Accident Hits Agulu, Anambra State - Pictures / Pictures Of The 3-Layer Buhari Interchange Bridge In Kano State / JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.