Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:32 PM

My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday (33827 Views)

Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos / Abuja To Lagos Flight Cost With Arik. Urgent Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by virginchaser(m): 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2015
I think Arik needs help.
As a national carrier Fed govt. needs to urgently come to there aid inform of grant. HR needs to work on there staffs.
I WILL TRY AND HAVE CHAT WITH COUPLE OF GUYS THAT WORK THERE.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by wiringdpt(m): 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
I know that plane, Sultan of Sokoto is written on it. I used it once to South Africa very shitty plane, there is no inflight entertainment
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by wordbank(m): 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
Baba God thanks sir
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by goodnews2013: 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
Op. Once we have thanked God at saving your life, I believe you have done the right thing by exposing the airline and NCAA inefficiency. Please don't stop here, kindly ensure you write the NCAA and if you can tell your Lawyer to seek for compensation. Ideally, Arik should not be directly involved in refunding your flight fee, rather an insurance company. It is the responsibility of the NCAA who ought to continue to educate us to buy insurance that will cover missed flight and others. Arik can only provide accommodation and arrange a new flight if they can, or instruct you at their own will, to allow you to buy a new ticket from another airline and they will refund you, because they know if insurance company chase them for refund they will end up paying through their nose. At least they are learning to ensure they provide accommodation if they cannot fly as schedule unlike the generic nonchalant attitude by Nigerian airlines

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by engrhorla(m): 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
I had a terrible experience last december..

Luckily, the airline has closed shop..Discovery air
I was to fly to Lagos from Abuja and d flight was cancelled for no reason and no further directive
I had to go to d airport 24th December to know what's up..lo and behold, the Discovery air desk was empty

That was how I have to spend xmas in Abj
It took me one month to get a refund..
I was told I could still use the cancelled ticket so I wanted to use it in January, after waiting at the lounge for my flight to arrive, I heard a notification through the PAS asking we Discovery customers to come to the desk..
They paid me off and that is the last time I heard of the airline.

The annoying thing is that the staff will not want to take reponsibility. They will be referring to the airline as if they don't work there..funny!
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by kodlins(f): 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
And Baba has merged the ministry of aviation. So no one to report to
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Elparaiso(m): 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
fotadmowmend:
Thank God .... chai Edo airlines wan crash airk

Receive brain.
Gba opolo.
Wetin concern this incident with EDO?

OLORIBURUKU OSHI 1 OF ILE AWON WEREY

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by shopandmall(m): 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
Halleydavid:

Source; http://www.juicygossips.com.ng/2015/11/my-near-crash-experience-with-arik-air.html

thanks for the post. Buhari, politics and government has nothing to do with this.
Arik is dieing gradually and will be dead with the present trend except by some mighty intervention. I dont know anyone who has ever boarded Arik flight that left on time, they are ever late, rude to customers and passenger and do not care about their well being.

Imagine if the same thing happened in Europe or outside the shows of our land, tell me they will treat their customers the same way.

Some of us are quick to blame government for everything but just imagine that a business like Arik, cannot put its house in order!

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
darlenese:

I cover myself with the blood of Jesus ! shocked shocked
Here dear. Have some more.

3 Likes

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
What's happen to your phone take plenty pic of post them online our u no sabi i report for channel television

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Shine1177: 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
A friend just told me few minutes ago he wish to fly Arik to Nigeria, I immediately advise him not to try it. When you get to the airport in Jo'burg, it is only Arik Air flight that you will see delay while others are taking off without story. It's better flying SAA or Rwanda Air. All the same thank God for the lives onboard.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Thavocalist(m): 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
[quote author=OZAOEKPE post=40424884]
He's real, he's a Satanist...

HolyGhost fire.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by obixcel(m): 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
[quote author=Thavocalist post=40427479][/quote]As for me, Dana Airlines any day any time.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Panshow(m): 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
Thank God for your life Bros.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by tonydatasrvs: 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
Get cheap and affordable shared data on all networks. contact tonydataservices on 08099819602.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by sabi99(m): 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Thank you Satan.
if u r for real go n join church of satan....they will just use u for sacrifice
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by sabi99(m): 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
darlenese:

I guess he wants to be noticed !
no. Dah guy is local champion satanist. He can eat devlils poo
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by pickabeau1: 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
obailala:
I knew some drunk pained losers still yet to recover from election loss hangover will blame Buhari for being unable to solve in 6 months, something GEJ and the entire PDP machinery could not solve in 16 years. Contunuu!

Thank God for the life of the Op, bird strikes are a serious problem in the aviation industry. And as for the delays by Arik due to the cancelled flight, Arik isn't alone in that mess; Airfrance did same to me some months back and that's when I confirmed where Arik was learning this mess from.

What happened with Airfrance
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by IndianaJay: 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2015
Wow. Sorry.

Thank God for your life, You should know that Arik is and has always been a shitty airline....I can never fly with them.

They lose luggage, don't understand customer service, many people who have flown them on international routes always have one thing or the other to complain about.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by tunde1200(m): 4:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hefemale:
The same way they maltreat their staff

Exactly
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by tunde1200(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
Elparaiso:

Receive brain.
Gba opolo.
Wetin concern this incident with EDO?

OLORIBURUKU OSHI 1 OF ILE AWON WEREY
The chairman of that airline is an Edo man
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Elparaiso(m): 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Here dear. Have some more.
I don't really get you.
You worship Satan, yet you are the only god?
Care to enlighten pls?
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Elparaiso(m): 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
tunde1200:

The chairman of that airline is an Edo man
So why have you not profiled MTN ethnically?
Or GLO.
Carry this ethnic poo and keep it somewhere jare.

The post that I mentioned actually meant Edo people were witches....
And that stereotype is insulting.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Daresh(f): 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM ARIK AIR!!!!
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by obailala(m): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

What happened with Airfrance
Paris to Lagos trip; flight computers failed just as plane plane was about to take off (lucky to still be on the ground); we taxi back to the dock; they call in engineers to fix the plane; about 3 hours later, we are still locked inside the grounded plane with engineers battling to fix it (luckily the A/C was ON unlike some Arik cases cheesy); agitations increases for them to let us out of the plane or give us some food; they say the only food they have was reserved for airborne sharing; captain of the plane who had since been silent finally speaks up but adds salt to injury by threatening those agitating to go back to their seats or face disciplinary action shocked shocked shocked angry This misguided outburst leads to increased agitations; eventually the door opens and we step out on the tarmac; Lo and behold, the tarmac was lined with heavily armed anti-riot police; many saw it as an insult that they brought policemen for us because we were black Nigerians; the shouting match continued (this time even with the quiet policemen that were even minding their business); I stepped back into the lounge and sat there another 5 hours before they managed to replace the flight. In all, my flight was delayed by almost 10 hours, we landed Lagos after 1am as against 4pm when we were meant to land.

I missed my appointments, there was no option of compensation (even though the shouting match continued by some people who were insistent they must be compensated). I didn't bother myself about the delay, or a compensation, cos in the typical African manner, I was more grateful to be alive than to be angry about the delays. grin

At the end, I re-learnt a lesson which I already knew before, "if AirFrance with a fleet size of 235 air crafts could delay me by 10 hours without an explanation or compensation even at their HQ (Charles de Gaulle), then I would be pushing my luck too far if I don't expect worse from Arik with a fleet size of 24.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by mrmofasa(m): 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
Dear poster, Kindly forward your complaints to the Consumer Protection Council.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by kunyeo(m): 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
You are to blame.You dont have value for your life by going to board ARIK!
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by onoja12: 4:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by callmelanner(m): 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
No pics, nothing nothing.... undecided
What happened to seeing is believing?
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by OyinMIXmola(f): 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Thank you Satan.
the end is near for you atheist.I only blame the demons that gave birth to you...may you all perish in the very bottom of hellfire...Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road / Anambra Int'l Airport: Airpeace Is Ready To Deploy Planes- Allen Onyema / The Beauty Of Cape Verde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.