Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,397 members, 7,800,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday (33855 Views)

Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos / Abuja To Lagos Flight Cost With Arik. Urgent Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
OyinMIXmola:
the end is near for you atheist.I only blame the demons that gave birth to you...may you all perish in the very bottom of hellfire...Amen
Amen Sister. God bless you kiss
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by OyinMIXmola(f): 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

you no sabi your sister?do I look like jezebel to uthe demons in you hv sure taken over you completely....why mentioning God when you dnt blv in me?gerarahere mehn shiiiiiiiii
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by OyinMIXmola(f): 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

you no sabi your sister?do I look like jezebel to uthe demons in you hv sure taken over you completely....why mentioning God when you dnt blv in him?gerarahere mehn shiiiiiiiii..omo eshu jati jati..your devil sef will deny you on the last day
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by pickabeau1: 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2015
Wow

Interesting experience

Actually AF has not really being the best in terms of service

You can see the sneers from the hostesses in d plane and there is this annoying thing where they change your gate at the last minutes and take u on a 20 mins bus ride to another section of the airport before u see d plane

Its only the Lagos leg though

obailala:
Paris to Lagos trip; flight computers failed just as plane plane was about to take off (lucky to still be on the ground); we taxi back to the dock; they call in engineers to fix the plane; about 3 hours later, we are still locked inside the grounded plane with engineers battling to fix it (luckily the A/C was ON unlike some Arik cases cheesy); agitations increases for them to let us out of the plane or give us some food; they say the only food they have was reserved for airborne sharing; captain of the plane who had since been silent finally speaks up but adds salt to injury by threatening those agitating to go back to their seats or face disciplinary action shocked shocked shocked angry This misguided outburst leads to increased agitations; eventually the door opens and we step out on the tarmac; Lo and behold, the tarmac was lined with heavily armed anti-riot police; many saw it as an insult that they brought policemen for us because we were black Nigerians; the shouting match continued (this time even with the quiet policemen that were even minding their business); I stepped back into the lounge and sat there another 5 hours before they managed to replace the flight. In all, my flight was delayed by almost 10 hours, we landed Lagos after 1am as against 4pm when we were meant to land.

I missed my appointments, there was no option of compensation (even though the shouting match continued by some people who were insistent they must be compensated). I didn't bother myself about the delay, or a compensation, cos in the typical African manner, I was more grateful to be alive than to be angry about the delays. grin

At the end, I re-learnt a lesson which I already knew before, "if AirFrance with a fleet size of 235 air crafts could delay me by 10 hours without an explanation or compensation even at their HQ (Charles de Gaulle), then I would be pushing my luck too far if I don't expect worse from Arik with a fleet size of 24.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
OyinMIXmola:
you no sabi your sister?do I look like jezebel to u
Jezebel is beautiful, smart and pretty. You must be God's punishment to society.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by magicminister: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
i have a feeling this is false.
That being said, i wouldn't fly arik even if its free.
The airline is fucccked up.
you better off flying Royal air maroc which is equally shit!!
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by OyinMIXmola(f): 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Jezebel is beautiful, smart and pretty. You must be God's punishment to society.
heheheheheheeh orisirisi ooooooo!!!!bros you need help!!!!quote me no more,night don dey come oooo!!!mk I no get bad dream....God by my side
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by rhames(m): 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
obailala:
Paris to Lagos trip; flight computers failed just as plane plane was about to take off (lucky to still be on the ground); we taxi back to the dock; they call in engineers to fix the plane; about 3 hours later, we are still locked inside the grounded plane with engineers battling to fix it (luckily the A/C was ON unlike some Arik cases cheesy); agitations increases for them to let us out of the plane or give us some food; they say the only food they have was reserved for airborne sharing; captain of the plane who had since been silent finally speaks up but adds salt to injury by threatening those agitating to go back to their seats or face disciplinary action shocked shocked shocked angry This misguided outburst leads to increased agitations; eventually the door opens and we step out on the tarmac; Lo and behold, the tarmac was lined with heavily armed anti-riot police; many saw it as an insult that they brought policemen for us because we were black Nigerians; the shouting match continued (this time even with the quiet policemen that were even minding their business); I stepped back into the lounge and sat there another 5 hours before they managed to replace the flight. In all, my flight was delayed by almost 10 hours, we landed Lagos after 1am as against 4pm when we were meant to land.

I missed my appointments, there was no option of compensation (even though the shouting match continued by some people who were insistent they must be compensated). I didn't bother myself about the delay, or a compensation, cos in the typical African manner, I was more grateful to be alive than to be angry about the delays. grin

At the end, I re-learnt a lesson which I already knew before, "if AirFrance with a fleet size of 235 air crafts could delay me by 10 hours without an explanation or compensation even at their HQ (Charles de Gaulle), then I would be pushing my luck too far if I don't expect worse from Arik with a fleet size of 24.

On point.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by blackpriest0911: 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
Some people in NL think with their Anus,how does Arik air mishap relate to PMP? Foolish saTANoids...who has bewitched u
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by tunde1200(m): 6:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
Elparaiso:

So why have you not profiled MTN ethnically?
Or GLO.
Carry this ethnic poo and keep it somewhere jare.

The post that I mentioned actually meant Edo people were witches....
And that stereotype is insulting.
Ha I don't mean that buddy

1 Like

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
Why dyu blame arik, is it nit the same nigerians who encourage mediocrity and bad service in the country, if passengers try and boycott arik for 3 days their attitude will change but trust naija they will rush and pay money to providerof bad serive and still complain.
Challenge bad service u will see improvements passenger should unite .
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
iamkingzlee:
cc: Thesonofmark

I had an interview in the Romance Section in June where I revealed my personal details.

I am not a faceless person. I publicized my name. My Facebook account is open to all 'cause I have always had nothing to hide. I am as clean as a whistle. I bet he also saw the number of girls drooling over my pictures on Facebook too. cheesy It's why I don't give a hoot about these Nairaland girls.

I am not yet 25 though and I am employed.

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
mekd:
hmmm bros easy eyaa.. wetin concern Edo for here

You go fear Edo Airline na.#2MysteriousBirds.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by datigbogirl: 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
Burger01:
I don't fly Arik... I loathe that airline. Their service na shiit. They are NEVER prompt in anything angry undecided

So which airline do you fly?
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by fotadmowmend(m): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
Elparaiso:

Receive brain. Gba opolo. Wetin concern this incident with EDO?
OLORIBURUKU OSHI 1 OF ILE AWON WEREY
Bros you need deliverance . pls proceed to TB. Joshua before its too late . Dos edo's airliners don dey worry u
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by mart2k(m): 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
END TIME ARIK
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
what are the authorities doing about this self?
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by bobkezel(m): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
That useless airline. Nigeria is so lawless. They did that rubbish in dubai and UAE banned them from going to UAE.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by osile2012: 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
[size=18pt]Stop Ranting and Start Rating. grin grin Follow the link on my signature to rate them .[/size]

Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by generalissimo(m): 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
Halleydavid:

Source; http://www.juicygossips.com.ng/2015/11/my-near-crash-experience-with-arik-air.html

O Lord, gimme patience to be reading long write up like this in Jesus mighty name Amen!
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by calabardick(m): 12:59am On Nov 27, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
He's real, he's a Satanist...
Jesus! are you sure?
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Elparaiso(m): 1:31am On Nov 27, 2015
fotadmowmend:

Bros you need deliverance . pls proceed to TB. Joshua before its too late .
Dos edo's airliners don dey worry u

I liked your post.
Nice Nonsense.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Originalsly: 2:50am On Nov 27, 2015
KayB:
please start to channel your grievances to ICAO, the global body and copy FAAN anytime you send something. May Nigeria and other necessary authorities will wake up to their duties before Arik kills or dehumanizes future generation of this great nation. nobody or entity is expectected to be above the law. When they sanction Nigeria now you all will still be castigating. the whole world is in our palms now, so use .....
Exactly where such reports should be forwarded to. This is the authority that would pressure the FG to enforce flight safety regulations..... and most likely... if they fail to take action...I guess goodbye to flights into and out of Nigeria.@ topic.....I guess there is some kind of passenger Bill of Rights. ... which I'm sure does not include providing stranded passengers with snacks or water or anything until after x number of hours.... and if need be... to provide hotel accommodation. ..like they did. I doubt whether one would be refunded if he chose to refuse those provisions. It is for the aviation authorities to crack down on Arik....don't ever expect Arik to do the right thing on their own.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by vivianblog(f): 4:06am On Nov 27, 2015
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by fotadmowmend(m): 6:32am On Nov 27, 2015
Elparaiso:

I liked your post. Nice Nonsense.
Really ? U almost made sense
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by Elparaiso(m): 6:34am On Nov 27, 2015
fotadmowmend:

Really ? U almost made sense
Nigga, I'm still in the thanksgiving mood.
Would give you an answer later.
Pray I don't get a hangover.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by mayorall(m): 6:43am On Nov 27, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"I send you to the bottomless pit of hell, where you will never find internet to 'nairaland' again, Amen". Quote me when you going to the bottomless pit

Hahaha. I can't laugh my friend. Satan has no power, but he's the trick master, he tricked eve to sin. He's power less.

The Bible said "satan is as a roaring lion, looking for who it may devour"

Get that word, it's like a power less lion, roaring to instigate only fears into you. A powerful lion won't roar to cause attention but attack direct. Even if he's a lion. he's old. A retired old lion. Am sorry for the sermon.

But he had also tricked you, you've praised him unknowingly, edit the original poster's post in your quote.
Re: My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday by mekd: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2015
DBriteLitehouse:

You go fear Edo Airline na.#2MysteriousBirds.
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) / BRT Driver Faints While Driving In Oshodi, Lagos (photos) / Caterpillar Accident Hits Agulu, Anambra State - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.