Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

My Advice To Oga Fashola. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Advice To Oga Fashola. (1040 Views)

Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode / My Open Letter To Oga Seun! / Ambode Cancels Fashola's Last Minute Lekki Land Allocations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice To Oga Fashola. by Akanbiedu(m): 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2015
I came across a thread here on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/2762264 and it got me thinking Fashola might be setting himself up. I actually anticipated this scenario and feel I have to drop this unsolicited advice to Oga Fashola openly here.

Fashola has to be very aware and conscious that he is now a Federal minister and not running a cosmopolitan state like Lagos where people are a bit homogeneous in their interests. In Nigeria Federal government, why people usually fail is not because of competence (although a lot of federal minsters in the past were incompetent) but due to various powerful interests which more often than not are conflicting.
Most prominent amongst these is tribal or regional. I hope Mr Fashola by getting appointed as works,power and housing knows this can create more enemies than friends for him. I hope some regional interest already see him as likely a future president which they are going to actively act to sabotage.
Re: My Advice To Oga Fashola. by Akanbiedu(m): 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2015
Now thinking about his past encounters with SE people I will have to advice Mr Fashola to start, if he hadn’t done that, developing strategies for dealing with SE politicians from now on.

Since Mr Fashola relocated homeless people of different regions from Lagos Mr fashola has apologized to only the people of SE even though he relocated people all over Nigeria including people of SW origin. This is a major mistake. It is totally wrong to single out a region for apologies just because they can make noise. It’s either Mr. Fashola apologizes to everybody or nobody.

At the senate screening, Mr Fashola had to apologize again to these same set of people. It is noteworthy that other “bad belle” questions about website and borehole about came from the same region. And now his summon to the senate is orchestrated by people from that same region. This is a major reason the honorable minister must understand those peoples’ mindset and that they are not going to stop.
He must understand that apologizing to elements in SE is counter-productive.

The thought process of SEners is quite different and his apologies will be interpreted as weakness. And that’s definitely a signal you must not give to them. When dealing with those people, you cannot afford to be diplomatic. The more gentle or diplomatic you are with them, the more problem you are going to have with them.
Re: My Advice To Oga Fashola. by Akanbiedu(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
This summon is an attempt to intimidate, blackmail and arm twist him into doing whatever they want since he acts civilized most times. I foresee him entering more problem than solving them. He must not yield to any of their demands that are not in his plans for the country. Mr. Fashola must do what is best for Nigeria and should not allow himself to be blackmailed into doing a region’s bidding.

His first move must be to find whatever loop holes he can use to frustrate this summon. He must act in such a manner that leaves nobody in doubt that he is not going to succumb to intimidation and blackmail. And he must do this by any means available to him.
Re: My Advice To Oga Fashola. by comos: 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2015
he will continue to apologize till buhari kick himout of his cabinent for non-performance

(1) (Reply)

Naira Devaluation Is Not The Solution / Biafrans Protesting In Uk Now!!!! (video) / Nigeria Crashes Down From Top 3 Fastest Growing Economies Of 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.