Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

How To Prepare Shredded Beef And Green Pepper Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Shredded Beef And Green Pepper Sauce (5860 Views)

Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / See This Wonderful Pot Of Spaghetti Cake With Meatballs And Green Peas. Photo / Delicious Ogbono Soup With Beef And Smoked Goats Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Shredded Beef And Green Pepper Sauce by tinafix: 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2015
Eating at home always has its attraction. You slip into something comfortable ,seat comfortably on your dinning table and eat at your pace not thinking of driving home at the end of a pleasurable experience of eating.
My shredded beef sauce is one way of helping you experience this relaxed feeling at the same time transporting yourself in to the world of a Chinese restaurant . I know many Nigerians love Chinese food and some of us know the story of an Igbo trader, brother who wanting to impress his new girlfriend says to her that he will take her to a ‘Chineze’ restaurant meaning a Chinese restaurant .
I love the stir frying of Chinese foods which when well handled prevents less oil from being retained in the food. Stir frying actually applies little oil with high heat in very short time to get food to the table. I particularly like this for vegetable as this helps to retain the crunchiness of vegetables
In today’s dish you can actually pack in more vegetable than the meat if this is your preference. You can also switch beef for chicken or fish.
I found the regular beef in the Nigerian market a bit tough for this dish. I actually opted for tender beef cuts from the shop.If you are buying beef from the Nigerian open market, I will recommend to hit you beef cut with rolling pin to soften it and freeze it a bit to make cutting easier. Make sure it’s not frozen hard as this will make cutting difficult
Enjoy your Chinese meal seating in the comfort of your home!
Nutritip: Larger portions of vegetables on the plate is one way of reducing carb intake. But again if you are struggling to gain weight you balance increase your carb a bit and still keep good portion of veggies.
Recipe ( serves 4)
Beef Slices ( size of your palm)
1 big size Green Pepper
Dry pepper for seasoning beef
1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Ginger powder
1tablespoon Corn Flour for coating beef
1 tbsp Soy sauce( optional)
Beef seasoning cube to taste
Salt to taste
2 cooking spoons Vegetable oil
1/2 cup Water
Method
1, Cut beef into strips, and leave to thaw well if still frozen.
Continue here:http://tinaomone..com.ng/2015/11/how-to-prepare-shredded-beef-and-green.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Shredded Beef And Green Pepper Sauce by braine(m): 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
Looks good.
Re: How To Prepare Shredded Beef And Green Pepper Sauce by candycrushsoda: 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
Will definitely try this. OP do you also have the recipe for the "Chinese" rice usually served with shredded beef. The rice usually has bits of fried eggs n little veggies in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Shredded Beef And Green Pepper Sauce by Qualer: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
this beef is not shredded, everything else is on point though!

(1) (Reply)

How to make a Perfect Poached Egg / Igbo Delicacies / What Is Corn Starch In Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.