Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,077 members, 7,807,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Shalom! CHRISTIANS; How Can We Diffrentiate This Two? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shalom! CHRISTIANS; How Can We Diffrentiate This Two? (700 Views)

For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions / Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction / Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shalom! CHRISTIANS; How Can We Diffrentiate This Two? by tonididdy(m): 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
how can we diffrentiate our conscience from the Holy Spirit?
Re: Shalom! CHRISTIANS; How Can We Diffrentiate This Two? by tonididdy(m): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2017
NO comments
Re: Shalom! CHRISTIANS; How Can We Diffrentiate This Two? by CandidSeeker(m): 10:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
Conscience is an inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior (moral sense).

The rightness or wrongness of our behavior depends on the choice we make from the innate knowledge of good and evil that we got from the Garden of Eden.

All men operated with Adamic Nature until Jesus brought THE DIVINE LIFE (John.10:10) which is given whenever we receive Christ (NEW BIRTH).

The HOLYSPIRIT is a person of The Processed (Glorified) Christ that came into us as a QUICKENING or LIFE-GIVING Spirit to regulate us from within, so that we can express The Kingdom of God (this requires conscious yielding by the believer).

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) - John 7:38-39

…And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening (Life-Giving) spirit. – 1Cor.15:45

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that HE may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

-John 14:16-20

Your flesh makes you world-conscious
Your soul (mind) makes you self-conscious
Your spirit makes you God-conscious.

Hope this helps.

-Peace.
Re: Shalom! CHRISTIANS; How Can We Diffrentiate This Two? by Viktoreze(m): 2:03am On Oct 16, 2020
tonididdy:
From my experience. The concept of Conscience is just the unbeliever's(logical man's) way of explaining the promptings of the Holy Spirit towards right actions, behavior and thoughts.
Logical positivism or Empiricism which majority of the world abides by, believes that whatever isn't provable with visible facts isn't true. So on this basis of thoughts man has coined different terms to explain the divine works of The Holy Spirit and propounded different theories to explain that there isn't any Supreme Being anywhere and these theories are what actually constitute majority of the social and natural sciences.

I used to believe solely on the things I could see with my eyes due to the predominance of misleading information in the world particularly on social media, until I had a series of really shocking encounters with some of the spiritual forces operating on the earth ie both Good and Evil or going biblically God and Satan and my brother enh... Nobody told me before I picked God and devoted my life to him.
I'm not there yet but I'm still growing and daily building a better relationship with him through His Word and Spirit but I can confidently say anywhere that the peace I have now regardless of what comes my way cannot be bought with any amount of money.
May God continue to shower his abundant love, patience, mercies, wisdom, guidance on us all via his Spirit in Jesus name, Amen. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Shalom! CHRISTIANS; How Can We Diffrentiate This Two? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:34am On Oct 16, 2020
tonididdy:

The conscience is like God's attribute in humans, every human has it but God's Holy Spirit is not what everyone can possess.
Right from birth each human beings experience the power of conscience when faced with decision making, some makes out time to train their conscience making it stronger while majority ignore it and eventually rendering it dead.
Holy Spirit is God's gift only to his worshipers, it reminds them of the things God said and teaches them how to apply it. John 14:26

So the difference

Conscience works in virtually all kinds of people but it doesn't carry them along to work out what is good as a group or organization because each person determines what to do with his/her conscience

But the Holy Spirit works only with the worshipers of God, it carries them along as one body, so as a group or organization you'll observe God's Holy Spirit in action in the gathering of God's people! John 17:20-23

God bless you! smiley
Re: Shalom! CHRISTIANS; How Can We Diffrentiate This Two? by delkuf(m): 8:56am On Oct 16, 2020
The only difference is your conscience only speak to you when you are doing something wrong. the conscience was program to give you this guilty feeling, but the Holy Spirit is there with you all through. He is your friend. He doesn't just talk when you are guilty, He is there when you are happy, sad and need someone to talk to. My bishop told us a story. He said he went out to visit a friend and back there was no phone to call. When he got there he discovered that the friend has relocate from where he stays. He now had a conversation with the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit start giving him direction of the new place this friend of mine bishop is now staying. The Holy Spirit took him to the front of the house. This is what the Holy Spirit does and many more. He also protect you from harm. infact the Holy Spirit is to us, what the Lord Jesus Christ was to the disciples
Re: Shalom! CHRISTIANS; How Can We Diffrentiate This Two? by Kobojunkie: 12:48am On Oct 31, 2020
tonididdy:
One difference that I have noticed is that the human conscience tends to resolve issues from a human point of view, whereas, the Spirit of God does so from what I call a wholly God-focused point of view.

(1) (Reply)

A New STD Will Surface In 2016: Pastor E.A Adeboye / Pastor Adeboye Storms Benin Today / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/03/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.