Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Need The Very Best Advice - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need The Very Best Advice (449 Views)

I Need The Wordpress Newspaper 8 Theme / This Is Why You Need The Facebook Messenger Bot On You Website/blogs / Where Can I Get The Very Best Java Script Pdf, Videos, Sites For Learning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need The Very Best Advice by tallmoney: 6:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
I decided to write it on this platform cos these is were i believe i will get good advice

I believe wen i was coming into this world, God gave me a unique talent of " ICT "

I love computer so much even wen i was a kid but i never knew it was my glory..

I discovered my passion for computer while i was in ss1 nd at that time i was already an art student cos i wanted to be a Journalist...

Our education system says an Art student who wanna be a Journalist must obtain at least a credit pass in " Literature in English " to study Mass Communication,
I had a d7 in my ssce in literature of which that cant take me anywhere..
I had to write g.c.e twice cos i needed literature to fulfil my dreams.. But unfortunately It kept not coming.. So i change my mind nd decided to study " Political Science "..

My jamb exam was a success (210).. I wrote post utme for Unilorin and Offa poly, of which i had 48% nd 58% respectively..

Unilorin actually fell my hand by not giving me my actual score cos their post utme was like bread nd beans..

Unilorin never released their post utme cut off due to the population of students, on a critical note ! 48% is a low mark.. Which signifies " Come back next year ".. Offa poly also released their 1st batch Which consist of those that choose them as 1st choice in jamb ( Hw is that possible)..

I hv nw made up my mind cos i don't want to waste time going into school while i already know were my glory lies..

Due to d situation of our lovely country Nigeria, Getting a befitting job as a graduate is not easy at all..

I hv decided to pursue my glory in the ICT field by registering in a reputable ICT institute to rather than wasting 4 gud yrs in the University...

Hv ur say on this
Re: Need The Very Best Advice by ps3o(m): 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
tallmoney:
I decided to write it on this platform cos these is were i believe i will get good advice

I believe wen i was coming into this world, God gave me a unique talent of " ICT "

I love computer so much even wen i was a kid but i never knew it was my glory..

I discovered my passion for computer while i was in ss1 nd at that time i was already an art student cos i wanted to be a Journalist...

Our education system says an Art student who wanna be a Journalist must obtain at least a credit pass in " Literature in English " to study Mass Communication,
I had a d7 in my ssce in literature of which that cant take me anywhere..
I had to write g.c.e twice cos i needed literature to fulfil my dreams.. But unfortunately It kept not coming.. So i change my mind nd decided to study " Political Science "..

My jamb exam was a success (210).. I wrote post utme for Unilorin and Offa poly, of which i had 48% nd 58% respectively..

Unilorin actually fell my hand by not giving me my actual score cos their post utme was like bread nd beans..

Unilorin never released their post utme cut off due to the population of students, on a critical note ! 48% is a low mark.. Which signifies " Come back next year ".. Offa poly also released their 1st batch Which consist of those that choose them as 1st choice in jamb ( Hw is that possible)..

I hv nw made up my mind cos i don't want to waste time going into school while i already know were my glory lies..

Due to d situation of our lovely country Nigeria, Getting a befitting job as a graduate is not easy at all..

I hv decided to pursue my glory in the ICT field by registering in a reputable ICT institute to rather than wasting 4 gud yrs in the University...

Hv ur say on this
pursue your ambition, but leave education out of your pursuits.
Re: Need The Very Best Advice by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2015
pls think wisely;education is d best legacy,and building without foundation will not stand.so,my advice to u is to acquire sound western education,and u can explore ur talent.
Re: Need The Very Best Advice by barapistis(m): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
was once in your position ,my probs was atcually money then

not the real deal....due to the nigerian mentality....taking into account that the most developed area in nigeria is the south....which is were you may end up at the end of the day...this are my pros for you...you will always need a degree or hnd...preferably a degree....always required in the west even though you will not get to use it on the job....it a mentality

jamb is not an excuse....you have cambridge alevel,ijmb or jupeb programm to do which gets you into 200levels directly

lastly ict is wide...networking i know can get you into final year in the uk or usa...after a ccnp in cisco
samething with programming

so my question to you is,
which line or path are you taking

your best bet is a programme you will start with a degree or end with a degree..and there are so many
Re: Need The Very Best Advice by tallmoney: 8:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
Bros u re right.. hv decided to back it up with part time courses that will lead me into HND.. cos Nigerians love certificate so much

(1) (Reply)

Female Article Writer Needed / Olajumoke Orisaguna Is Not Ready For The Life Ahead,says Reuben Abati / Google Interview Question: How Would You Explain Database To A 5-year Old Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.