Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,887 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Does Privacy Have A Place In Marriage/serious Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Privacy Have A Place In Marriage/serious Relationships? (682 Views)

Why Do Girls In Serious Relationships Still Cheat?? / South African Man Refuses To Give His Roommate & Girlfriend Privacy / The 10 Starter Rules For All Serious Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Privacy Have A Place In Marriage/serious Relationships? by atheistandproud(m): 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
This is an issue that had bothered me for a while now, and after a two hour long argument with a stranger on a bus, I have decided to come to you romancelanders. Have you ever reached for a spouse's phone and they'd hurriedly snatch it away? Has a spouse ever stepped out every single time they had to make a call? Does your partner always keep their whereabouts, friends, family history, finance e.t.c a secret? As for me, i am confused. Is there a place for privacy or is there not?
Re: Does Privacy Have A Place In Marriage/serious Relationships? by mrking3(m): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
My Dear, the moment he or she steps out to make calls when they're together or uses a security lock on phone, you know something isn't right. It will always arouse suspicion which isn't good for any healthy Relationship. For me, privacy is a NO NO! When it comes to Finance, I can open up my Basic salary to her but won't let her know the extra allowances I get.
Re: Does Privacy Have A Place In Marriage/serious Relationships? by atheistandproud(m): 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
Mrking, isn't hiding your allowie details a bit of privacy also? But I do agree with you, it raises a lot if suspicion. I mean if you're clean, what's there to hide?
Re: Does Privacy Have A Place In Marriage/serious Relationships? by mrking3(m): 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
Yea take for instance, my fiancee is much aware of my Basic salary! There's this attitude of most ladies already planning how your salary would be spent hence they know the exact amount. If u decide to be open, then you should also be ready to give account of how the money was spent. Personally, I use the other allowances I earn to solve family issues. I mean my own family. (Mum, siblings).
Re: Does Privacy Have A Place In Marriage/serious Relationships? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
Privacy should be respected in any form of human relations....problem only arises when ppl begin to go to certain extents to keep secrets all in the name of privacy. Certain things shouldn't necessarily be private in a relationship...be it marital or not.

I'd have been more specific,but I find I don't have the enthusiasm to type so much tonight.
Re: Does Privacy Have A Place In Marriage/serious Relationships? by atheistandproud(m): 11:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
While I am all for respecting the other person's privacy and personal space, I mean this is a marriage (or at least, its headed that way). Why must there be privacy in the first place?

(1) (Reply)

Just Because Of Money,this NAIJA Girl Remove Clothes Inside A Shop In Abuja / Some Guys And Their " Come To My House" Mentality / Pretty Girl Seeking A Rich Husband Got A Shocking Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.