Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Must Read: My Recent Predicament - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Must Read: My Recent Predicament (456 Views)

My Predicament / Must Read: My Aunt Annarose I (18+) / Please Read: My Recent Predicament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: My Recent Predicament by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 27, 2015
Hey guy! I am writing because of an incident that happened recently and I decided I would share it with you guys. This incident really bothered me. It began like this. I use a BlackBerry curve 9320(curve 7) and I do subscribe to the MTN monthly BBC plans which costs #1000. It happened that on this special month, I was broke. I had just a thousand naira at hand which I planned to use for my subscription for that month. I was so broke to the extent that my bank account read #596.72. It was that bad. I went out on that specific evening to get my airtime for my subscription. On getting to where I would buy it, They did not have what I wanted. I wanted an airtime of a single one thousand naira card. They didn't have that, they instead offered me #200 denominations so that I would get it in 5 places which would make it #1000. But no, I wanted what I wanted. I could not just affored to miss the awoof (bonanza) MTN would give me when I loaded a straight #1000 airtime directly. You would not believe I went round our whole town looking for a single #1000 MTN airtime. They all didn't have and they said MTN airtime in general was scarce at that moment. I was with no other option than to go back and buy the #200 airtime in five places. On getting back to the spot, I told them that I would take it afterall. On counting the number of airtime available, the #200 denomination wasn't up to five, they were four. What a torment! They said someone just bought one. This time, I grabbed them and paid them off immediately. I planned to go get the remaining #200 somewhere else. I began the journey round the town once again. This time, It was like I was a disturbance to this sellers. They were like,"Ogbeni kosi MTN card", Meaning,"Guy, There is no MTN airtime". I said to myself, how can there not be MTN recharge cards in this my mini-urban town? I went back to the base (where I bought the first airtime). When I got to the base, I told them about the whole issue and they felt pity for me and in an attempt to help, They gave me an offer. They advised me to take #100 denominations in 2 places. Good Idea huh! Finally, I decided to take it. On checking again, the #100 denomination remained just 1. Ahhhh! I couldn't just afford to make the case worse. I grabbed it. It remained just #100 for my subscription to be activated. I couldn't just think of going round the whole town again, I couldn't afford to take more embarrassments from them all. I had to go home with my #100 cash and #900 worth of airtime. I had another plan in mind. I devided that I would load the #100 airtime to subscribe for a days plan and then I would use quickteller to buy airtime online using my ATM card so as to complete the #1000. Nice Idea Right? I immediately subscribed for a days plan and used quickteller to buy #400 airtime directly. I was happy I had finally succeeded and my subscription would be active anytime from now. Suddenly, a pop up message came on my phone screen, It was MTN. Like I really cared what it read, I just clicked OK. The happiness that my subscription was finnaly going to be active was what was on my mind. The next message I got was,"Y'ello!You have succesfully subscribed to Learn English weekly service, Costs #50". In my mind, MTN don run down with curse. How could they do such? As I was talking, another pop up message came up again. This time, I took my time to read it. It was saying I should subscribe to fashion guide. Like that's the subscription I needed? Crazy MTN. I immediately turned off my mobile data to avoid more deductions. I decided to proceed. After successfully loading 3 of the airtimes, I got hooked up on the last 1. It was saying it had been used. By who for Gods sake!! Choi! I couldn't cry, I couldn't laugh. What sort of bad market is this? I thought of immediately of returning the card to the woman but she wouldn't believe me. Who would actually? I wasn't the first person to buy airtime from her so why should I be the first person to make such a complaint? When I checked my account balance, It read #953.66. Such a crazy moment. It took me discipline and the grace of God not to smash my phone on the ground. What was I going to do? I wanted to use the internat so badly, but I couldn't because MTN would use that oppurtunity to take my scoop my airtime even when there was an active subscription. I then came up with another Idea! I decided I would send #950 to my mummy's MTN line and save it there. Now to the questions: 1. Am I being followed from the village or I am the one just thinking otherwise. 2. If you were in my position, What would you do next? 3. Who is to blame for my predicament? Please drop your comment.

(1) (Reply)

Help With Motivational Essay For Msc / All Literature Devices You Need To Be Away Of As A Literature Student / How To Deal With Critics And Rejection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.