Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

UK Indicates Interest In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Indicates Interest In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections (488 Views)

ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation / I Am Afraid I did Not Succeed In The Election In Kogi, Bayelsa & Rivers - Buhari / Malpractices In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections Unfortunate, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Indicates Interest In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections by adinoyiM(m): 6:29am On Nov 27, 2015
UK indicates interest in Kogi, Bayelsa elections 0
BY OUR REPORTER ON NOVEMBER 27, 2015 POLITICS
From Romanus Ugwu, Abuja

The United Kingdom has told the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that it is very much interested in how events playing out in Kogi State’s inconclusive governorship election finally unfold.
British High Commissioner, Mr. Paul Arkwright, who dropped the hint when he led a delegation on a courtesy visit to the Chairman of the electoral commission, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, at the commission’s headquarters in Abuja, further expressed happiness over conduct of credible elections in Nigeria.
Charging the INEC boss to surpass the 75 per cent name recognition of his immediate predecessor, Professor Attahiru Jega, the UK Government equally promised to help Nigeria in improving on visible deficiencies noticeable in computerised electoral system in the country.
His words: “We are here to see how we can work with you in future in alliance with your commissioners. We want to see how we can continue our relationship with you. We also came to congratulate you on your appointment as the commission’s chairman .
“I heard that you did a very good job during the confirmatory hearing and you showed huge amount of confidence in the structure. I want to also congratulate the new commissioners. It is really wonderful to know that you have some outstanding individuals among the commissioners with rich international backgrounds.
“I appreciate all you said and hope that in the future you will live up to expectations as the commission’s chairman. I was told that your predecessor, who did very well on the job, has 75 per cent name recognition in the entire country. That was a very impressive statistic and it will be nice if you have the same or above such record.
“I want to equally tell you that we are interested in your plans concerning Kogi elections. The death of the APC candidate for that election was a very sad news. We are equally happy about the plans for the Bayelsa election. We appreciate the professionalisation of your elections,” he assured.
Speaking earlier, Yakubu had chronicled the achievements of the commission, with a promise to improve on other noticeable areas of deficiency, just as he described the incident trailing the Kogi governorship election as very unfortunate.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/uk-indicates-interest-in-kogi-bayelsa-elections/
Re: UK Indicates Interest In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections by saintgoogle(m): 6:31am On Nov 27, 2015
sad
Re: UK Indicates Interest In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2015
No wonder they are sending those guys packing to come and vote.
Re: UK Indicates Interest In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections by Akposkool(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2015
What do they want? After sending our people from their country they want to put interest in what we do? Make them talk what they want cus i smell a rat.
Re: UK Indicates Interest In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections by babdap: 7:19am On Nov 27, 2015
Will they give electorate green card or money ni.

(1) (Reply)

Be Careful Of What You Post Online! Senate Proposes Jail Term For Abusive Posts / Http://gbaabe.com/efcc-arraigns-akpobolokemi-ex-nimasa-dg-9-others-n1-153bn-scam / .:: #BayelsaDecides A Nonagenarian Waiting To Be Accredited::.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.