Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,203 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:36 AM

The Potency Of The Holy Ghost - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Potency Of The Holy Ghost (885 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Potency Of The Holy Ghost by uchkochi(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2009
The potency of the Holy Ghost

The help you require is impossible without the Holy Ghost. He is also the Holy Spirit; he is our helper, our comforter, our stand by, our teacher. John 14 verse 16 to 26. We are in the era of the Holy Ghost. Helplessness will continue until the helpfulness of the Holy Spirit is recognized. So beloved I introduce to you today THE MYSTERY OF THE POTENCY OF THE HOLY GHOST.

Who is the Holy Ghost? The Holy Spirit is the third person in the trinity of God, 1st John 5 vs.7. God is three persons in one. Just like man is a tripartite being consisting of the spirit, soul and body, God consist of the son, the father and the Holy Spirit; that is, God the father, God the son and God the Holy Ghost. These three are one. God the father is Jehovah, the almighty, God the son is Jesus Christ, while God the Holy ghost is the Holy Spirit.

Understanding this mystery will end all your misery once and for all. God the father is in heaven. ISAIAH 66 verse 1. Jesus is in heaven making intercessions for us, But the Holy Ghost is here. The Holy Ghost is here and dwells in us. All the three personalities of God are one, but many people still doubt this truth today, finding it difficult to believe, no wonder Jesus Christ had to ascend into the heaven to meet the father for the release of the Holy Ghost, as He cannot be here together with the Holy Ghost.

As far as you are saved, the Holy Spirit dwells in you, because our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. But many Christians are not living to the fullest of their Christianity and relationship with God because they don’t know how to walk in the Spirit.

Romans 8 vs. 1
For there is therefore now no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but the Spirit

You activate the Holy Spirit so as to experience so as to experience His potency by walking in the Spirit. If you want to hear God, then walk in the spirit. For to be carnally minded is death but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Romans 8 vs.6

You walk in the spirit by speaking in tongues. Tongues are the language of the Spirit.

ENGAGING THE GIFT OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES

The Holy Spirit has 9 gifts and 9 fruits, 1st Corinthians 12 and Galatians 5 vs. 22. But for this teaching we shall be looking at one of the foremost gifts, that is, the gift of diversities of tongues because speaking in tongues activates other gifts.

WHAT YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT THE HOLY GHOST.

1. HE IS A PERSON, not a feeling or a wind or a dove, He is a person, He can manifest Himself as a wind or a dove but He is first and foremost a person. And as a person; He has feelings, Ephesians 4 vs. 30 SIN GRIEVES THE HOLY GHOST, He can be offended.

He can speak, The Holy Ghost communicates to us through our own spirit, Isaiah 30 vs. 21 says and thine ear shall hear a word behind thee saying this is the way walk in it. He speaks to your heart (spirit)

He reveals, he shows you things via your spirit and that is why salvation is key because without salvation your spirit-man which is the real you is dead and cannot understand the things of God.

HOW TO ACTIVATE THE SPIRIT OF GOD

I am glad you have finally gotten to this point, which is the core of my message this morning. Once you are saved the spirit of God is resident in you but needs to be activated CONSCIOUSLY in order to speak in tongues, you must do the following

i. realize and recognize His presence
ii. receive the Gift of the Holy ghost, it has been given already, all you need to do is receive the gift and before you know it the utterance will be welling up inside of you, then you have to open your mouth so as to speak in tongue

RECEIVING THE GIFT OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES

SAY THIS AFTER ME, Holy Ghost I know you are in me because I am saved by Jesus Christ who died for me and rose on the third day. I believe in Jesus Christ who promised the coming of the Holy Ghost and the Holy Ghost indeed came in Acts 2 while the apostles were praying. I receive you totally in my heart and I desire the gift of speaking in tongues so as to build up my faith as written in Jude verse 6. I also need it to be able to comprehend the scriptures accurately and intimately fellowship with you lord. COME AND FILL ME NOW BECAUSE I HAVE THE DESIRE TO PRAY ARIGHT, I DON’T WANT TO PRAY AMISS

BELOVED open your mouth and begin to blast in tongues where you are right now, pray in the Spirit and thank God for filling you.

THIS IS WHAT PRAYING IN TONGUES WILL DO FOR YOU

1. ENERGISE AND EDIFY YOU: 1st Corinthians 14- He that speaks in an unknown tongue edifies himself, when you speak in tongues you communicate to God. That is the Holy Ghost communicates through you so as to get to the heart of God. You might be down cast but there is power in praying in tongues, speaking in tongues will lift you up
2. SPEAKING IN TONGUES MAKES YOU UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES ACCURATELY; every scripture is given by the inspiration of God. Behind every written word is the spoken voice and this spoken voice is Rhema. The letter kills but the Spirit gives life.
3. The Holy Ghost knows the mind of God for any situation, he knows the right step to take, you cannot find out the plan of God by praying in your own understanding you need to pray in tongues because your mind is too poor to follow, you need the Spirit. Many believers are cheating themselves because they feel salvation ends in giving your life to God, you also need to grow in God and walk in God which will ultimately guarantee your protection, prosperity and fulfillment. The devil does not understand tongues, so speaking in tongues confuses him he becomes helpless, From today every devil shall become helpless before you.

In all that I have said, the consciousness of Gods presence at all times will keep the Holy Ghost activated.

Just as you are ever conscious of your hands set, phones, be conscious of God because He is your surest guarantee to a life of EASE.

Beloved I pray for you that whatsoever is a challenge right now staring you in the face, giving you a concern, making people to ask you, where is your God? I stand as Gods agent for the hour and I declare your total liberation and restoration in the name of Jesus. As you stand up from your seat after reading this message, you shall hear the news that what you have been looking for has been found, God is reordering your steps, you shall no more go backward, but every step you take shall take you further and further into your destiny. Be blessed and see you next week.
Re: The Potency Of The Holy Ghost by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 28, 2009
Thanks very much.
Re: The Potency Of The Holy Ghost by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 28, 2009
A little addition to what uchkochi wrote:

If you ask for a spiritual gift with the wrong intention, believe me, you won't get it. For example, interpretation of tongues is meant to give the church what God wants them to hear, not to "show yourself." If you want that gift for example for the purpose of showing yourself, you can like to forget about it.

(1) (Reply)

Loon Of Bad Boy Records Accepts Islam (islam Is Fake Anyone?) / Do True Christians Sin? / Are You Really A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.