Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,435 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Ill Bliss; The Rapper - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ill Bliss; The Rapper (4079 Views)

Between Phyno And Ill Bliss Who's The Better Raper? / Lyrics: Ill Bliss - Bank Alert / Who Is Hotter: Zeal From Styl-plus Or Rasquie (the Rapper)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ill Bliss; The Rapper by nedujizzy(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2009
As d ibo boy, Ill Bliss finally drops his much anticipated album, i would like to make a brief reappraisal of the rap scene in Nigeria and how far it has evolved.
The duo ok Keke Ogungbe and ID Adeneye of Kennis Music i must confess blazed the trail and brought into limelight the man, Eedrees Abdulkareem  from the all boy group, Remedies,  Eedres began to rock  the parties and we thought, at that time that the best was here until Ruggedman was unleashed into the scene and we began to see how ordinary Eedrees was.

Suddenly another MC, Modenine began to spill poetry and all of a sudden, follwership was divided between those who thought that he was the best and die hard fans of Ruggedman  like me.

In the midst of the commotion, out from the blues, one short black MC called MI began to spit fire with his clean cut rap verses and wow we were all amazed, the game is certainly getting tighter.

Rap afficioanados like me, were beginning to enjoy the reign of this short, talented dude when, from nowhere, the illest MC and Ibo boy to the core Ill Bliss decides to drop an album that will continue to reverberate echos in the rap arena, and in line for numerous awards as time goes on.

FACT: ill Bliss is not just dropping an album, he has also written his name in gold in the music scene in Nigeria with his album.
it wouldnt be out of place to say that the much anticipated King of  Poetry has been born, get a copy of his album, listen to it and have your say right here.
Anxiously waiting to get your views on this.
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by Huey: 5:31pm On May 26, 2009
Yes sir, get some freebies from IllBliss album here http://nigerianhiphop.net/blog/2009/05/24/illbliss-dat-ibo-boy-album/
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by Nwapapa: 7:58pm On May 26, 2009
Most cats just wake up in the evening and greet u "good morning" and I'm like,
Lots of them are just getting to hear the name ILLBLISS because of AIYE PO GAN's vid.
He's the same guy that did U GO WOUND that bridged the gap from Lag 2 QB (Those who know would understand what i mean).
Nas had to crown him king for it.
Dude has been on the scene spittin' fire from way back when if u mention RAP in 9ja it sounded
like u told a DRY joke about snow falling in 9ja. 'Bliss is actually a seasoned vet.
Part of the guys that have carried the cross 4 Rap/hiphop's survival with the likes of Mode and Eldee xtra large dem.
Bliss is da THOROBRED's Head-honcho, They held it down together with SWATROOT and brought respect to the game.
In my view this is even his 2nd LP cus he had dropped his 1st LP titled ILLOSOPHY which was even free download.

With much said, let's all applaud this dude for his hard work.
And pls let's not relish this thread 2 some BEEF sauce.
Person wey def dey hungry make e go ODO ERAN opposite CELE bustop go bele-full.

Meanwhile I haven't heard a better intro ever since the Hop got ours ears.
Dude sealed it with so much confido while MICWORKS killed it with those horns, crowd cheers, Nas' Nastradamus sampling 'n' rolling drums.
I'm so loving the grand feel of the intro cuz it lets u know frm the get go that a king is here with a CLASICK!
Infact, if e dey possible make im shoot the intro join sef.

Let's roll with him as he spits

"Goodevening ladiez n gen'lmen
It's ur boy ILLBLISS a.k.a Dat Ibo Boi (whut-whut)
Thanx 4 coming out 2nite
I wouldn't be here if it wasn't u (whut)
Micworks on the production by the way
History in da makin' (I bet u know that - I bet u know that)
Lissen up- lissen up (whut)

No guts no glory
ILLBLISS Ibo Boi true story
Waited so much 4 dis moment,No comment
See u @ the red carpet
Camera, lights 'n' action
Thoro still the faction
High on da crowd reaction
Can't believe i made it dis big
in the league of ma own
international but locally known
Street Disciple the new Esco
Pure Nigerian with QB swag
Still rep 4 Lag, i mean Gidi
Respected on every soil
Haterz jus' dey boil
Boy i used 2 toil
4 ma daily bred now what the streets call cred
Everytime i show up they die a thousand deaths
Whut-whut!!!!!"

Ladiez n gen'lmen, ILLBLISS is in d building!
9ja / Afrika stand up!!!!

WORD!
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by dejiariyo: 8:53pm On May 26, 2009
pple are making me feel illbliss attitude and/ i like his hustle, even though he is full of fat and mo muscle/i still like him for shizzle.
grin grin grin
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by nedujizzy(m): 9:54am On May 28, 2009
Keep them comments coming, as far as am concerned ill bliss has taken the rap scene in Nigeria to a whole new level, rap like modern audio visual technology is going H.D.(high definition) and its good to know that ill bliss has brought that era right down to our doorsteps, y'äll go get the album.
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by rapjunkie(m): 2:48pm On May 28, 2009
nedujizzy:

Keep them comments coming, as far as am concerned ill bliss has taken the rap scene in Nigeria to a whole new level, rap like modern audio visual technology is going H.D.(high definition) and its good to know that ill bliss has brought that era right down to our doorsteps, y'äll go get the album.

You must be high on Terry G's drugs

How can illbliss have taken the rap scene to a whole new level? Are u sh*tting me? Illbliss is at best an average rapper. His skills are basic and nothing to write home about. He disses Ruggedman but ruggedman is a much better rapper than him.

Why doesnt he diss Mode9 or M.I?, punk ass biggie wanne be.

Illbliss is a confused 'ibo boy', who sings in yoruba because he wants to get acceptance at any cost even if it means that he makes no sense

1 Like

Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by chrisical(m): 2:57pm On May 28, 2009
rapjunkie:

How can illbliss have taken the rap scene to a whole new level? Are u sh*tting me? Illbliss is at best an average rapper. His skills are basic and nothing to write home about. He disses Ruggedman but ruggedman is a much better rapper than him.

Illbliss is a confused 'ibo boy', who sings in yoruba because he wants to get acceptance at any cost even if it means that he makes no sense

You've got a point,rapjunkie.For me he just an average rapper
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by Nwapapa: 3:03pm On May 28, 2009
@ Rapjunkie and Chris 1thing-1thing-1thing, "hi HEIRAZ, go do ya owns"
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by nedujizzy(m): 11:38am On May 29, 2009

How can illbliss have taken the rap scene to a whole new level? Are u sh*tting me? Illbliss is at best an average rapper. His skills are basic  and nothing to write home about. He disses Ruggedman but ruggedman is a much better rapper than him.

@rapjunkie
what kind of drug is "Terry G's Drugs" cos i might really be high on something, dude have u got some issues with this ''biggie wannabe?''
Ill bliss a punk ass and confused Ibo Boy? come on man, those were really harsh words there.
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by rapjunkie(m): 12:43pm On May 29, 2009
i've got lots of issues with illbliss. The main one being that he is a confused ibo boy
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by nedujizzy(m): 1:17pm On May 29, 2009
i've got lots of issues with illbliss. The main one being that he is a confused ibo boy

@ rapjunkie
you ve actually said NOTHING?
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by rapjunkie(m): 4:51pm On May 29, 2009
Do I HAVE 2 say anything? ,

Ok. my main prob is that he seems to have jumped on the 'let's diss ruggedman' bandwagon. Is Rugged not an 'ibo boy'? too. Wetin Rugged do am?

Then to gain acceptance in Lagos, Mr 'Okwa dat ibo boy' totally sells out on that Terry G song.

That's my prob with illbliss. I started off liking him but i don't understand who he is at the moment.
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by dasa: 6:24pm On May 29, 2009
my review of the album.

Track 4: aiye po gan ft terry g. banging hit. gets 100% from me
Track 7: turn my head ft. waje. great 100%
Track 11: leader ft durella. 70% durella killed him sha.
Track 15: real nice. smooth. 80%
Track 16: Blessing ft. pype. nice 80% wish pype flowed more.
Track 19: nice beat and sample from m.i. wish it was my on it sha. 80%

Good album, but my question is why make 20 tracks which are mostly skipable, when you can make 10 tracks that are addictive.
In Nigeria, only one track can sell you. you need others to consolidate. its not quantity but quality that matters.

If dat ibo boy sticks to the beats and style used in track 4 and 7, he'll be too hot!!!!
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by nedujizzy(m): 4:12pm On May 30, 2009
@ rapjunkie
Do I HAVE 2 say anything?  ,

Ok. my main prob is that he seems to have jumped on the 'let's diss ruggedman' bandwagon. Is Rugged not an 'ibo boy'? too. Wetin Rugged do am?

Then to gain acceptance in Lagos, Mr 'Okwa dat ibo boy' totally sells out on that Terry G song.

That's my prob with illbliss. I started off liking him but i don't understand who he is at the moment.

now you are talking, i see the point in your arguement, the world of hip hop is filled with stuff like that, its for commercial purposes as long as there is no real animosity between the two mc's involved, no qualms.
Ruggedy baba is still my man anytime any day.
Re: Ill Bliss; The Rapper by dblock(m): 5:11am On Dec 23, 2009
illBliss disssed Nairaland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dTwk6BdgSE

2:38

I agree with him, Nairaland is full of hatred

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: Skales - Shake Body / (VIDEO) American Kids Dancing To Wizkid's Dont Dull [DOWNLOAD] / "Oyinbo" Crooner, ANOGIRI, Returns with "OSHELENGE"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.